Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno (20650 Views)

Patient Dies Of Bubonic Plague In China, An Entire Village Sealed Off / COVID-19 Patient Dies In Commercial Bus In Niger / COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by etokhana: 12:06am On Apr 23, 2020
Borno has recorded another death from COVID-19 complications, bringing the number of persons who have lost their lives in the outbreak in the state to two.

The state’s index case died on Sunday.

At a media briefing on Wednesday, Umar Kadafur, deputy governor of the state, announced that the lockdown ordered by Babagana Zulum, the governor, had taken effect.

He said 144 persons who had contact with confirmed coronavirus patients were being traced. The state currently has nine confirmed cases.

“The deceased was from Biu town, and already his contacts have been traced. One of his contacts is a trader in Biu market. Following this development, the state government has ordered the closure of the market for immediate fumigation,” he said.

“As of today, 144 contacts had been traced, 55 were tested and nine people tested positive including the two who died.”

Kadafur said 11 additional samples have been collected from Pulka where the index case emanated from and will be sent for testing.

The deputy governor said although a 41-year-old patient who died from COVID-19 is from the state, his death will be under Gombe in NCDC’s update because he tested positive in Gombe.

The patient was said to have been “hit hard by the infection” before he was moved from Gombe to an isolation centre in Maiduguri where he died.

He urged citizens to show love to COVID-19 patients, as the stigmatisation of affected persons could heighten their resistance to being moved to government isolation and treatment centres.

Babakura Abba Jato, commissioner for information, announced that coalition of civil societies in the state has set up a situation room as part of it contributions to curb the spread of the virus.

He announced emergency phone numbers: 09072127272 and 09068685158 through which citizens can make contacts on medical issues relating to COVID-19.

https://www.thecable.ng/another-covid-19-patient-dies-in-borno

2 Likes

Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by Tomiwa69(m): 12:27am On Apr 23, 2020
FTC ooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by dukeprince50: 12:28am On Apr 23, 2020
As usual, in Nigeria our patients only die at night.
Very fishy type virus killing people.
Both the killer and the killee are suspicious

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by edoairways: 12:39am On Apr 23, 2020
I still doubt this something is not right about this whole thing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by Sibrah: 1:11am On Apr 23, 2020
when the plague was ravaging Lagos these people where busy sharing money now they have it too. God.

2 Likes

Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by obi4eze(m): 2:05am On Apr 23, 2020
shocked

Lord have mercy!
Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by DonMustafa: 11:08am On Apr 23, 2020
If the FG and borno government are used to doing business with Boko haram in borno, they have to realize that corona is a different game entirely. They cannot pull a chibok scam with corona. The earlier they realize, the better for them

20 Likes

Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by Elove1: 11:08am On Apr 23, 2020
Any one reading this,won't die untimely this year ijn.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by tixega8329: 11:08am On Apr 23, 2020
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by kponkedenge(m): 11:09am On Apr 23, 2020
We had every chance to prevent these from getting to this stage, but our leaders refused.

The president refused to take action on time when the index patient (the Italian man) was treated and tested negative. We continued to sit, cross our legs and believe in conspiracy theories that the virus doesn't affect black man, or it doesn't survive in hot weather, blah blah blah.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have over 800 cases now and close to 30 deaths, do you all still believe that shiiit?

Now we are in the worst/hardest situation of all (community spread), even the Europeans and Americans are finding it difficult to deal with.

I no get any advice for this country, because both leaders and masses don't just listen.
Let everyone carry his or her own cross.

7 Likes

Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 23, 2020
In BORNO kwaaaa.
Make dem send the VIRUS enter SAMBISA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by godoluwa(m): 11:09am On Apr 23, 2020
im sorry to say this, if northerners are not careful and stop their mentality this menace will rape them badly.

northerners loves to form strong head, we Southerners needs to avoid their coming to our region at all cost and stop associating with them because they wouldn't listen or adhere to simple hygeine practise. call me a tribalist, I don't care but that's plain truth about northerners

26 Likes

Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by blinking001(m): 11:09am On Apr 23, 2020
This is bad. cases are still increasing on daily basis.
Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by seunmohmoh(f): 11:09am On Apr 23, 2020
We go dey alright

1 Like

Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by bubblesng(m): 11:09am On Apr 23, 2020
https://thenigeriafm.com/covid-19-china-graph-who-is-trying-to-take-over- africans/ Who is trying to take over Africans ? What our leaders don’t know is that plans upon plans will surface someday when getting loans from Asian countries we have to be careful most Asia leaders have a reason behind such a very huge loan upon loans, a longtime loan without much profit, how is that possible a country gives you the loan that you can never pay back even your next 7 generations, read more https://thenigeriafm.com/covid-19-china-graph-who-is-trying-to-take-over- africans/
Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 23, 2020
Sibrah:
when the plague was ravaging Lagos these people where busy sharing money now they have it too. God.
No be small.
LEARNT some purchased CARS.
Misplaced PRIORITY Always ��
Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by mustinudra: 11:10am On Apr 23, 2020
Due to the Corona virus crisis. Online work will pay your bills and cater for the food. I want to help the first 20 people make good cash blogging

Learn how to become a professional blogger by creating your own blog from start to finish

How to open a PayPal account that can send and receive

How to create a chatbot account to boost your business

How to make nothing less than $100 a month blogging

How to run successful Facebook ads for free

How to set up your blog with less than 10,000 naira

How to chose the right niche for your blog

How to get free organic traffic to your website(1000views daily)

How to boost your earnings

I need just 50 person and I will close the group

Click here now: https:///ImDyLULPN2aAXtrzseVVtY

etokhana:

https://www.thecable.ng/another-covid-19-patient-dies-in-borno

1 Like

Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by Fuckkthemod: 11:10am On Apr 23, 2020
The blood of every Nigerian that will die from this virus shall be generational curse unto the federal government Buhari especially

2 Likes

Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by Abeyjide: 11:11am On Apr 23, 2020
Oluwa sa nu wa oo
Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by eleko1: 11:11am On Apr 23, 2020
angry thieves! Anybody dat die now nah kongi kee dem?Useless set of criminals angry
Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by HundredWays(m): 11:11am On Apr 23, 2020
Too bad
Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by camsyross: 11:11am On Apr 23, 2020
Can't imagine a day I will just wake up from sleep to see or hear that corona virus is no more... Chaii the news keep getting worst day by day ... undecided

4 Likes

Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by Btruth: 11:11am On Apr 23, 2020
Elove1:
Any one reading this,won't die untimely this year ijn.
Amen.
Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by seunlayi(m): 11:11am On Apr 23, 2020
dukeprince50:
As usual, in Nigeria our patients only die at night.
Very fishy type virus killing people.
Both the killer and the killee are suspicious

It is not like that, try to understand that ncdc usually brief the press around midnight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by Dobson43: 11:12am On Apr 23, 2020
tongue

You can't pull a chibok on this coronavirus pandemic. There is no politics about this

1 Like

Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by airminem(f): 11:12am On Apr 23, 2020
sad i need information on any Zenith bank branch that opens in these lockdown season 2 in LAGOS. My ATM is expired and i can transfer so, i want to make a witdraw from zenith and help people with the much i can.
Re: Another COVID-19 Patient Dies In Borno by Olarewaju89: 11:12am On Apr 23, 2020
Correction; Another malaria patient die in Borno.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria / Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! / COVID-19 Vaccination Painfree, Says Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.