Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Covid 19: Lockdown Is Not Working We Need To Try Something Else - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Covid 19: Lockdown Is Not Working We Need To Try Something Else (317 Views)

Kemi Olunloyo: My DSS Boyfriend Told Me A FULL LOCKDOWN Is Coming / Oyetola: Osun May Extend COVID-19 Lockdown / COVID-19 Lockdown: Food Markets To Open Between 10:00am And 2:00pm Daily – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Covid 19: Lockdown Is Not Working We Need To Try Something Else by godoluwa(m): 8:09am On Apr 23, 2020
We need to be honest with ourselves, lock down exercise introduced by state & federal government is not working at all. Federal Government claimed to have banned movement in Lagos, Ogun, & Abuja but people still travels from Lagos to other part of Nigeria. Despite the said lockdown, we keep seeing increase in numbers of cases of Coronavirus. in my own opinion, government of Nigeria needs to come out and be sincere for once, show love for once instead of feeding us with audio foods & sending us audio money. in my local government nobody receive neither money nor foods & these people needs to survive. You can't lock down people for so long, it will get to a point that people will have no choice than to look for way to survive. crime rate has increased drastically, where I lives despite that we have local night guards & policemen we paid on monthly basis for security services, we don't enjoy 4hours sleep for over 1 week now because policemen we employed categorically tell us to always come out & join them that we can only go to bed by 2am. Some areas across the country now witness robbery cases both day & night. Nigerians are hungry, government palliative is nothing but white elephant. Government should encourage local production of reuseable nose mask & distribute 2pcs to every Nigerians. Let each state produce nosemask but they can be given soecifications to meet standard. we have more than enough tailor across the country to make excess nose mask within weeks, & they should forget politics in the production of nose mask. every tailor thats experienced should be given the job and not necessarily belong to political party ruling the states. Each state can produce 100,000pcs of nosemask per day if there's materials to be used & government is sincere. Let federal government enforce use of nosemask through out the nation & anybody found walking around without nosemask must be arrested & prosecuted. The lock down is not working at all so we need to find other means to continue life while we prevent spread at the same time

if you have other suggestions, please drop yours

I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Covid 19: Lockdown Is Not Working We Need To Try Something Else by ChoCho54(f): 8:21am On Apr 23, 2020
You have said it all, it's not working.

1 Like

Re: Covid 19: Lockdown Is Not Working We Need To Try Something Else by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 23, 2020
seconded

ChoCho54:
You have said it all, it's not working.

(1) (Reply)

Imasayi Residents Appreciate Engr. Temitope Kuyebi Over Palliative Items / Abba Kyari Appeared To Me In He Dream To Say "Goodbye"- Femi Adesina / Abba Kyari Burial: NBA Chairman Sues Buhari Over Covid-19 Safety Violation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.