Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,044 members, 7,799,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? (70605 Views)

More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules / Can I Change My BVN Picture? / Woman Loses N572,000 Pension In Her Diamond Bank Account To Fraudsters In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Ayemileto(m): 9:35pm On May 23, 2020
winnah:

Its a lie... Speak with fact don't just type because u want to talk

Which of my statements is a lie bro?

The fact that bank (their staff) give out customer's details, or the fact that they only call people with money in their account?

Well, whichever case it may be, the reason I made those statements is because of other people's experiences I have seen.

1 Like

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Ayemileto(m): 9:36pm On May 23, 2020
LadySarah:

They call usoo. A dormant acc I left after nysc with 100 naira balance angry grin grin. When I started cursing the caller he said, is it on top this empty acc balance you are doing all this?

Lol. the fact that he knows the account is empty shows it's an insider job.

Do you have another account with the bank?

1 Like

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by LadySarah: 9:37pm On May 23, 2020
Ayemileto:

Lol. the fact that he knows the account is empty shows it's an insider job.

Do you have another account with the bank?

Nope just that one.
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by ClassicMan202(m): 9:37pm On May 23, 2020
Ayemileto:
Do you use first bank?

In most cases, it's the bank that gives out details of users to fraudsters.

It only happens when you have a reasonable sum of money in your account.

They'll never ever call broke people.

I think you are wrong here... Am broke and they are still calling me cry
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Sambai65(m): 9:38pm On May 23, 2020
CandyCandy:
Even the perpetrators are on this forum and this thread reading/commenting.
they are many here my sister, if you dont want any problem here never click on any link in nairaland, I have learn my lesson since 2016,90% of nairalanders are fraudsters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by ProtectMyMoney: 9:39pm On May 23, 2020
Kenyy:
These are some of their numbers:

Please report the numbers to the telephone networks on social media
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Halo22: 9:39pm On May 23, 2020
Seriously I don't know what to call all these rubbish scam. I have been a victim, so as my colleague in office. Mine was that I didn't even send them any OTP and no alert was sent to me. I still have it as a case with my bank. It's unfortunate as people's money are no longer safe in some banks.

1 Like

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by humblemikel(f): 9:42pm On May 23, 2020
The idiots called me yesterday, but the way I queried them made them change their minds and ended the call after they discovered it's a bad market for them.
Very stupid fellow.

1 Like

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by ProtectMyMoney: 9:42pm On May 23, 2020
kherlly:
That was how a colleague of mine lost almost 400k this past Thursday ooo in this Corona virus period

Please tell your colleague to follow the money...where was his money transferred to and where was the final destination of the money taken from his account?

2 Likes

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by MzTunechi(f): 9:42pm On May 23, 2020
Naija246:
fraudsters no invade anything.
Alot of Nigerians are being tricked by various apps on the play store to reveal their bvn...most of these apps are run by criminal networks all over the world.

Some unscrupulous people are also tricking Nigerians to give up their bvn when registering for national ID.
My gf was asked to provide her bvn when she went to register her national ID recently.
Fortunately for her she called me and I advised against giving it up.

Someone should correct me if I'm wrong but is bvn number now a requirement for registering a national ID card?
yes. It is needed to ensure and verify that your biodata is same as that of your bvn, most especially your DOB, state of origin and LGA.

1 Like

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by campbelljosh(m): 9:42pm On May 23, 2020
Wow! Nothing is secured on this Internet now.
Exc2000:

you copy and paste link of website you want the software to extract user data from its database and just like that you get the data

PS: it is designed and used for mass marketing, and bulk sms and email campaign
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by LaIabobo: 9:45pm On May 23, 2020
Deicide:
Abi o, if them call 100 people in a day at least 10 people go fall for the scam.

But if they are asking you for OTP code it means they already have your card details, my question is how do they get that?
the

One can generate an OTP with just your account number. So they actually don't need your card details
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by ogaontop(m): 9:50pm On May 23, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

Local Scammers should be beaten to death and their corpse donated as cadaver to a teaching Hospital so that their scrotum sac could be dissected in a pratical lab session

Not only is Nigeria poverty capital of the world, with 30% unemployment rate, GDP per capita of less than $2,028.18 USD you still want to scam Nigeria Ogun go kee you, your mate are scamming US, Australia , UAE all with over $50,000 USD GDP per capita with little or no poverty

Anyways, to the O.P, its not about bank compromise, its called Data Mining using webcrwlers , this is how big tech company stay afloat by selling user data to willing buyers, all the forms (Registration forms etc) you have filled online on sites that use browser cockies are mined, a smart guy just need to use his social engineering skills to skim out data from you

with a Software program that cost less than $100 Pro Email and Contacts Extractor, and a good Bulk SMS site that can bypass DND (do not disturb) you are good to go for this evil useless poverty scam

Bankers don't have time for this kind of children, I never chop scam.. bankers do account flashing and clearing, which banker would be chasing change and risking his or her job over peanut scam, when he seats all day infront of finacle software and Turnkey

You're very knowledgeable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by aspirebig: 9:52pm On May 23, 2020
Honestly,a bank need to be sued big time then they will stop this nonsense.

Recently some of the banks are really misbehaving.

Many IT bankers that lost their jobs have been trying to use the customer's info in their disposal for fraud.

CBN need to vet these banks and start sanctioning those whose cases of fraud on customers account is high. Public trust on bank integrity is dying.

2 Likes

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by KfashionHubb: 9:52pm On May 23, 2020
WetSmoke:
Pls do tell.
ok..
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by SolarEdge: 9:53pm On May 23, 2020
Hood thread
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by masterflowx(m): 9:56pm On May 23, 2020
I'm afraid walahi...
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by winnah(f): 9:57pm On May 23, 2020
All the compromise and most fraud that occur, is not from the bank staff as u claim sir.

I can categorically tell u that most of the compromise comes from NIMS platform, information u provided on social media and not from the bank,

I've had an instances where I enrolled a customer on BVN (note, it takes 24 hours for u to get your BVN after enrollment) due to some factors, I couldn't open the account but to my surprise this same customer was called....

At that point, the customer had no account so who is calling the customer and from where...

(Get this fact clear... No one can temper with your account for just having your BVN information)

That long number on ur ATM card and the 3 behind it can be used in a second to clear all ur funds in ur account...

1 Like

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by CharlesJok3r: 10:03pm On May 23, 2020
KINGTELLER:
... Nigeria banking system is even safe, Northern America banking system is so porous...
Extremely Safe... Banking system/infrastructure and fintech in Nigeria can be rated 4.9/5.0.
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by youngest12: 10:04pm On May 23, 2020
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by drealcivilceno(m): 10:07pm On May 23, 2020
Naija246:
fraudsters no invade anything.
Someone should correct me if I'm wrong but is bvn number now a requirement for registering a national ID card?

Yes Na!
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by kherlly(m): 10:13pm On May 23, 2020
ProtectMyMoney:

Please tell your colleague to follow the money...where was his money transferred to and where was the final destination of the money taken from his account?

He does not have any money to do all that. He will need money to find the culprit but no money that's all the money he had.
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by allenpaul(m): 10:14pm On May 23, 2020
You cant overrule the banks collaboration with this fraudsters ,but another angle we should look at are those on line money lenders, like renmoney, to access loans from those platform your BVN will be required by their staff's some of this guy had a criminals intention to join those organizations having obtained enough information they unleash their real aims

1 Like

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Gspot(m): 10:14pm On May 23, 2020
GMBuhari:
This isn't new

But just to be safe

Stop filling all thr forms you see on whatsapp broadcasts,

FG is not sending money to anyone yet

All those foundations popping up here-and-there are not real too, all they do is harvest your information

Finally one link went viral 3-4 weeks ago about CBN business loan for enteprenure I believe some people were behind that too

Bottom line remain careful where you drop your info

And when they call you with mtn glo airtel looking number, don't reveal your details
I agree with you but you were wrong when you discredited the "CBN Loan Scheme " it's 100 percent legit and disbursements have been going on. Let's not discourage others. thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by CharlesJok3r: 10:18pm On May 23, 2020
LaIabobo:
Firstly, Your BVN is actually not private. It is found everywhere. From NIMC, loan company, investment apps, various online registration. Those Data are mined by various tech companies.

Another thing to note it that the Fraudster called you to get information needed to defraud you. If not why did he bother to call you??

Gaining access to your BVN details is not enough to steal your money. They need your PIN, card details, or OTP.

That's why they keep calling and calling people hoping someone would be dumb enough to reveal his or her card details.

Even US and UK banks are not spared. Scammers have been dealing with them since time immemorial.

Just so you know, our banking system is actually safer than some other western countries.

lol, they call broke people a lot

the code is a OTP (one time pin) which is supposed to be private, she messed up by revealing that PIN to them.

This issue is part of the problem that comes with Fintechs. When making payment thru Paystack for example, there is no second-factor authentication. They only need your account number and OTP which would be sent to your registered phone number. And your money is gone.
Bless you for this.
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:22pm On May 23, 2020
with the hunger and covid19 around us..these scammers are hard-hit because some of their foreign clients are home, down with corona virus or lost their jobs.. so they developed new tactics which is to go local... now with our porous tech industry.. anyone with high end web and information technology brain work can purchase online tools to work.. these tools are majorly used by affiliate marketer to gain emails or Numbers but the wrong usage of these tools by these guys is catastrophic. they can randomly make some calls to numbers or bvns that they see it's vulnerable to their gimmicks..

my advice is that you should NEVER disclose your OTP, ATM pins to anyone around you..and whenever you wanna buy something online.. make sure the sites has https:// which mean its secured... and whenever your line or phone get stolen... kindly call customers care to have it block/ disconnected from the network before you head to the bank for anything.. Nigeria is now t the Mercy of our fellow citizens to.protect one another.. the failures of the govt and the society at large caused this

1 Like

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by Sagay212: 10:24pm On May 23, 2020
Anybody that's falls for these mumu scams would probably be illiterates.
There's no way those useless guys will call you and your common sense won't tell you that they are scammers. These idi.ots have very terrible accents and can hardly speak correct English. They are always in a rush and sound very angry and frustrated.

Imagine a proper customer service agent calling you and telling you " oya naa, check the back of ya card and call the number" " can you see it" " check it well na" " you are wasting time" blah blah blah.

Rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by scriptures01: 10:41pm On May 23, 2020
There is even 1 company advertising here on nairaland - instantcoins...Bitcoin sellers, during the registration, they asked for BVN,
after entering your BVN, that's it, anything else you do will give an error. You can't complete the registration process.
It seemed that they were just interested in getting people's BVN details
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by joelag: 10:45pm On May 23, 2020
Sagay212:
Anybody that's falls for these mumu scams would probably be illiterates.
There's no way those useless guys will call you and your common sense won't tell you that they are scammers. These idi.ots have very terrible accents and can hardly speak correct English. They are always in a rush and sound very angry and frustrated.

Imagine a proper customer service agent calling you and telling you " oya naa, check the back of ya card and call the number" " can you see it" " check it well na" " you are wasting time" blah blah blah.

Rubbish.

Dem dey use jazz too. grin
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by ericuzor(m): 10:56pm On May 23, 2020
X0012:
Blame it on fakes apps and loan apps who fail to protect their user's information.
I have never loaned money from apps but they called my full name,bank,date of birth and asking me to call out a number sent to my phone I was just listening like a mugu to gain more info from them.
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by EmmySparky(m): 10:57pm On May 23, 2020
our leaders are scamming us...what do u expect from it's followers
Re: Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? by NwaOhafia: 11:07pm On May 23, 2020
motionarena:
exactly what happened to me.

How do they do It

Is this the same number that called you and the number has no name on Truecaller

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

See The 55-inch Plasma TV A Lady Got After Ordering For It On Facebook. / Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses / Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.