Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,619 members, 7,781,982 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 07:11 AM

A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds (7456 Views)

Kidnappers Riddle A Car With Bullet At Umunneochi LGA Abia State / Man Arrested For Posing As A Police Detective To Rob [Photo] / Sex In A Car In A Public Place Is Not A Crime In Nigeria – Police Acp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by solobrain(m): 9:40am On Apr 23, 2020
*How many of us have detective minds here. Solve this mystery* A rich noble man in Nigeria died... He was half Indian and half Edo... He was very selfless and stinkingly wealthy, he died 01/10/1992. He had just one beautiful wife from Imo State, a spoilt son, one pretty housemaid, a loyal gateman and a good driver. He had a party the night before his death. Police men went to the house and interrogated the members of the household one after another. *Wife* -: I left my hubby peacefully at home during breakfast oooo and while I was partying with my friends, since it was our annual meeting hangout, the maid called me that oga was in his own pool of blood lifeless, then I came home. *Maid* -: Before madam comot for house, she send me go market to buy foodstuffs. As I come back na him I see oga body for sitting room, oga don die. *Brat son*-: I was out with my friends in the next hood playing video game when my phone rang that my dad was dead... I rushed home and met his body. *Driver*-: I am so confused, early this morning oga sent me to the bank to withdraw some cash and I was shocked to have returned and met his lifeless body !!! *Gateman*-: I be dey sleep for my gateman house as I work overnight, then for my sleep I hear the housemaid shout. Na him I wake up, I come run enter main house see say my oga body dey for ground with blood. The policemen laughed and arrested the murderer. Question: Who killed oga and prove it?
Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by Epilsantoh: 9:41am On Apr 23, 2020
Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by Nwodosis(m): 9:47am On Apr 23, 2020
;DOne of them
Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by iornenge81(m): 9:50am On Apr 23, 2020
I may not be a good detective but I guess wife did.
I will explain later
Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by Edaniels9(m): 9:57am On Apr 23, 2020
The Driver did because 1 Oct(1/10) is a public holiday, so banks won't work and there were no ATMs in 1992 so he can't claim he went to use the ATM.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by Gwagone: 10:11am On Apr 23, 2020
happy independent to the driver

1 Like

Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by godofuck231: 10:13am On Apr 23, 2020
this is where the African crime fighting system can't be beaten, we had drones way back before wheels were invented, come my shrine I'll show you the culprit trough a pot filled with water

1 Like

Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by jacquincy: 10:23am On Apr 23, 2020
U need to check their alibi one after the other, if any of the alibi did not check then the investigatiin shoukd circle around him/her....everyone is a suspect right now
Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by solobrain(m): 10:36am On Apr 23, 2020
Edaniels9:
The Driver did because 1 Oct(1/10) is a public holiday, so banks won't work and there were no ATMs in 1992 so he can't claim he went to use the ATM.
how about the son, was there a video game as of 1992

1 Like

Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by solobrain(m): 10:37am On Apr 23, 2020
jacquincy:
U need to check their alibi one after the other, if any of the alibi did not check then the investigatiin shoukd circle around him/her....everyone is a suspect right now
yeah everyone is a suspect but the culprit has been arrested
Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by solobrain(m): 10:40am On Apr 23, 2020
godofuck231:
this is where the African crime fighting system can't be beaten, we had drones way back before wheels were invented, come my shrine I'll show you the culprit trough a pot filled with water
lol, so ur a native doctor
Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by Georgekyrian(m): 12:25pm On Apr 23, 2020
I'm looking at the maid or driver.
Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by destinychildolu(m): 12:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
The wife. When the police got there, they saw that the food the wife said was for breakfast was still hot. That means the wife made up the breakfast story
Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by solobrain(m): 1:25pm On Apr 23, 2020
destinychildolu:
The wife. When the police got there, they saw that the food the wife said was for breakfast was still hot. That means the wife made up the breakfast story
"they saw that the food the wife said was for breakfast was still hot"
Please explain, I don't understand
Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by destinychildolu(m): 1:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
[quote author=solobrain post=88765194]
"they saw that the food the wife said was for breakfast was still hot"
Please explain, I don't understand[Skp900 V5.0 Super OBD Skp-900/quote]
My phone is giving me tough time typing. Bu5 I am sure u understand what I mean.
When the wife took them to the table where the food was. They discovered it was still hot which means she just prepared it and not in the morning as she claimed
Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by Edaniels9(m): 3:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
solobrain:

Of course sir. Many of them

3 Likes

Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by Olayinka777(m): 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2020
solobrain:

Dey there!

3 Likes

Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by solaaje1976(m): 6:23am On Apr 24, 2020
who killed the man oo?
Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by Blessed13(m): 8:36am On Apr 24, 2020
Would say the gate man
Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by solobrain(m): 11:55pm On Apr 24, 2020
Edaniels9:

Of course sir. Many of them
In Nigeria?
Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by Geochess(m): 8:40pm On Apr 25, 2020
I had an Atari TV game in 1989, an Atari lynx handheld in 1990, a Gameboy in 1991... So yes, there were many games in 1992... some rich people's kids had the Nintendo entertainment system as far back as 1992, and if the man was stinkingly rich... These consoles will be available to his brat son

So Edaniels9 is right , there were game consoles in 1992

1 Like

Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by solobrain(m): 12:07pm On Apr 26, 2020
Geochess:
I had an Atari TV game in 1989, an Atari lynx handheld in 1990, a Gameboy in 1991... So yes, there were many games in 1992... some rich people's kids had the Nintendo entertainment system as far back as 1992, and if the man was stinkingly rich... These consoles will be available to his brat son

So Edaniels9 is right , there were game consoles in 1992

ok, that's good then, but did you notice the gateman and the wife said something about seeing him in his pool of blood, while the rest did not explain seeing such
Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by Geochess(m): 10:26am On Apr 27, 2020
Well I think the detective is there to see if the body was in a pool of blood or not,
The brats story can be checked since it's just the next street.
I also think the maid will be around till everyone has finished breakfast so she could clear up the dishes...
The driver left early meaning he came early ( or he lived there)...
Thus as at the time driver left, oga was alive (madam will know cos she and the maid were serving breakfast)
As at the time madam left oga will still be alive
The maid can confirm this..
There is no timeline for when the brat son left, but if he ate breakfast, then the maid will be around to clean up... But his timeline can easily be confirmed

The only person in the compound all this while is the gateman....

....,........... Here are my deductions
from the information given and also assuming that this was 1992, and I was the officer called to the scene, and I am there for the first time now now!!!....
. And I'm not saying I'm right...

The woman left his husband during breakfast...

The housemaid confirmed this because of the statement, "before madam commot for house"

The maid left the house after cleaning up all the dishes to go to the market after madam

The driver left early to the bank in the morning and that is most likely because he came earlier or that he lived in the compound ... So he must have left the house earlier than madam and house maid...
( Cheque or ATM will not be relevant he left before breakfast cos oga will still be alive, but that is not my point...)

The brats story can easily be confirmed by the detective... Its just the next street...

But my point is....

If the driver left the house
The wife left the house,
The son left the house
The maid left the house,
The maid came back to the house,

..... MEANWHILE D GATEMAN WAS SLEEPING...

THEN
Who opened the gate for all these people?
and who closed the gate after all these people left?
( somebody must have opened and closed 4 times for people leaving, and also opened and closed once more when the maid returned from market)

the gateman couldn't have still been sleeping after all the opening and closing of the gate, especially after he must have just opened the gate for the maid prior to the discovery....

Besides he is a gateman whose job is to open and close the gate ( he is not a night guard)
How come he worked overnight...

4 Likes

Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by Geochess(m): 10:41am On Apr 27, 2020
Geochess:
Well I think the detective is there to see if the body was in a pool of blood or not,
I also think the maid will be around till everyone has finished breakfast so she could clear up the dishes...
Thus as at the time driver left, oga was alive (madam will know cos she and the maid were serving breakfast)
There is no timeline for when the brat son left, but if he ate breakfast, then the maid will be around to clean up... But his timeline can easily be confirmed

from the information given and also assuming that this was 1992, and I was the officer called to the scene, and I am there for the first time now now!!!....

The housemaid confirmed this because of the statement, "before madam commot for house"

The maid left the house after cleaning up all the dishes to go to the market after madam

The driver left early to the bank in the morning and that is most likely because he came earlier or that he lived in the compound ... So he must have left the house earlier than madam and house maid...
( Cheque or ATM will not be relevant he left before breakfast cos oga will still be alive, but that is not my point...)

The brats story can easily be confirmed by the detective... Its just the next street...

But my point is....

The wife left the house,
The son left the house
The maid left the house,

THEN
( somebody must have opened and closed 4 times for people leaving, and also opened and closed once more when the maid returned from market)

the gateman couldn't have still been sleeping after all the opening and closing of the gate, especially after he must have just opened the gate for the maid prior to the discovery....

Besides he is a gateman whose job is to open and close the gate ( he is not a night guard)

THAT MY FRIENDS IS WHY THE DETECTIVE/POLICAMAN LAUGHED AND ARRESTED THE CULPRIT WITHOUT ANY FURTHER INVESTIGATION
Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by solobrain(m): 2:47pm On Apr 27, 2020
Geochess:

But my point is....

The wife left the house,
The son left the house
The maid left the house,

THEN

true what u said about the gateman is corrrect, 'He is not a night guard but a gateman' but do not forget that the richman had a party the night before he died, surely he is not a nightguard but as the night party is concerned he can not just go to sleep leaving the gate unattended, according to the driver he left early, the gateman might have opened the gate for him to come in but did not use a padlock on it after the driver left, so it is possible for others to leave and enter the house without disturbing him since nobody mentioned using a car while going out or coming in, then while in his sleep he said he heard the maid's voice and went to check what is happening only to see the man in his pool of blood exact what the maid told the madam according to the wife explanation which the driver, maid and brat son did not mention to the policemen, the brat son was just in the next street or neighbourhood nobody knows if he was around for breakfast because it was not mentioned, but then his phone rang and he heard that his dad is dead, where did he get the phone from when the use of gsm in Nigeria started in the 21st century, it is not possible for him to carry a telephone around in his hands. The driver left early to a bank that do not operate on independence day, even if he was giving a cheque he would not be able to use it, the man will not no matter how loyal the driver is give him the pin to his ATM card if there was one at that period which I doubt its existence in Nigeria. Knowing that his money will be at risk, the driver leaving very early which means he will be the first to come back and see his lifeless body if he was not the killer but then he did not alert anybody about it. So my question is among these three persons who do think is the killer?
Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by Catchfirez: 3:00pm On Apr 27, 2020
solobrain:

In Nigeria?

Yes family con and snes

1 Like

Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by solobrain(m): 3:49pm On Apr 27, 2020
Catchfirez:

Yes family con and snes
ok thanks
Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by aimmoney9: 1:48am On Apr 28, 2020
All of them killed him
Watch the film murder on the orient express.....for proofs, because all of them gave disjointed excuses
Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by aimmoney9: 1:48am On Apr 28, 2020
solobrain:

true what u said about the gateman is corrrect, 'He is not a night guard but a gateman' but do not forget that the richman had a party the night before he died, surely he is not a nightguard but as the night party is concerned he can not just go to sleep leaving the gate unattended, according to the driver he left early, the gateman might have opened the gate for him to come in but did not use a padlock on it after the driver left, so it is possible for others to leave and enter the house without disturbing him since nobody mentioned using a car while going out or coming in, then while in his sleep he said he heard the maid's voice and went to check what is happening only to see the man in his pool of blood exact what the maid told the madam according to the wife explanation which the driver, maid and brat son did not mention to the policemen, the brat son was just in the next street or neighbourhood nobody knows if he was around for breakfast because it was not mentioned, but then his phone rang and he heard that his dad is dead, where did he get the phone from when the use of gsm in Nigeria started in the 21st century, it is not possible for him to carry a telephone around in his hands. The driver left early to a bank that do not operate on independence day, even if he was giving a cheque he would not be able to use it, the man will not no matter how loyal the driver is give him the pin to his ATM card if there was one at that period which I doubt its existence in Nigeria. Knowing that his money will be at risk, the driver leaving very early which means he will be the first to come back and see his lifeless body if he was not the killer but then he did not alert anybody about it. So my question is among these three persons who do think is the killer?
All of them killed him
Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by arkonpoint: 12:01pm On Apr 28, 2020
simple sturvs

the driver killed him. he wasn't sent on any errand, the date confirmed it, 1/10/92 is independence day and no ATM then so the errand story was a cover up.
Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by Geochess(m): 12:22pm On Apr 28, 2020
Okay then....
The reason why I said im not saying I am right that the gateman was the culprit was in order to confirm that little detail of the party ( cos I mistook the night party for the one the wife left for in the morning)

That being said,

I'll like to point out that ATMs were available by then, and yes the man might have been stupid enough to give the driver his pin...

https://www.question.com/the-origin-of-atm-in-nigeria-124911.html#r100892

Also 2G mobile phones which allowed for SMS and internet connectivity to be possible were also available then,
Even satellite TV and cable TV were prominent features of very wealthy homes...
( IE mobile phones and satellite phones were possible)

And the son and his sons friends could have phones and also video games.

AND THESE ASSUMPTIONS ARE POSSIBLE BECAUSE HE WAS STINKINGLY WEALTHY..

Thus I still think whatever happened, the gateman should be privvy... But nevertheless...

It might have been a 2-man job.....( Someone that could benefit, and another accomplice)

But that doesn't mean it couldn't have been a 1-man job.

But who stands to benefit from the man's death?...

Before I give an answer can you confirm if it is a 2man job or not
It is okay if you decline to give the information, I can still make a guess without that piece of info
Re: A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds by sparkyJ: 3:22pm On Apr 28, 2020
The DRIVER was the culprit. Since the incidence happened in Nigeria, 1st October is Nigeria's Independence day (Public holiday). No bank works on pub hoz. Also, no ATM as at 1992.

Make lie lie kee the driver. Prosecute the bastard joor.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Awka Fatal Accident / Lady Murdered And Body Dumped By The Roadside After “going For Party” / 11 Persons Killed By Herdsmen In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.