Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped (74315 Views)

The Big Bush Rat Killed At My Backyard (Photos) / See Specie Of Snake Killed At My Backyard (Photos) / Two Snakes Crawling At My Backyard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Achorise: 8:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
Please fumigation is the solution or throw bitter kola around the compound.
They will run for their life.
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by All4good: 8:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
Kylekent59:

It is called ''ribbon snake.'' It is harmless and non-venomous snake.

Lalasticlala, they have killed another one grin

Ok nice to know that at least it isn't venomous.

But does it bite?
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by ZACHIE: 8:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
You mean all these guys gathered to see a snake die?

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by KfashionHubb: 8:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
Stop [/color]Killing snakes !!

[color=#550000]Wicked men everywhere
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by michealdeco: 8:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
ehirosplusbiz:
This is the Snake I Killed In My Backyard today there where two, One Escaped.

Is this a dangerous reptile? Cos am afraid. I have kids and they do play around outside sometimes.

a garter snake

Non-venomous but some species has been proven to possess a small amount of venom though not harmful to humans but effective in killing rats and other rodents they eat

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by All4good: 8:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
Achorise:
Please fumigation is the solution or throw bitter kola around the compound.
They will run for their life.
I can testify that the bitter kola remedy is effective. But what is the science behind it? If you know kindly shed light

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by bizzibodi(m): 8:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
U did well Bros,but find & terminate d other one.venomous or not a snake is a snake.
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by mimimile93: 8:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
DEGABA:
Even if it's harmless don't trust any snake.
Just like we shouldn't trust women no matter how loyal they are.

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
tyup:

Yeah there are number of snakes not dangerous or venomous
So you can kiss them or put your hands in their mouth?
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by stasius: 8:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
It appears harmless though.
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by factoryreset: 8:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
FuckDaMods:
Murderer, how would you like it when something greater than you takes your life forcefully? Selfish humans

Don't worry, a snake shall visit you this night
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by merits(m): 8:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
ehirosplusbiz:
This is the Snake I Killed In My Backyard today there where two, One Escaped.

Is this a dangerous reptile? Cos am afraid. I have kids and they do play around outside sometimes.
Bro no fear, make sure garlic is always in your house and around your house.the odour do pursue snakes.and your children are save InshaAllah.
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 23, 2020
Geminvert:

For what it's worth it's nice to always post snake threads because sometimes the snakes are venomous and deadly,it will serve as a caution to people living in the same area as the poster

True, true

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by tyup(m): 8:18pm On Apr 23, 2020
stevmatt15:

So you can kiss them or put your hands in their mouth?

and who's talking bout puting hands into snake mouth?

you really need to acquire a good comprehension ability undecided

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Dpharisee: 8:18pm On Apr 23, 2020
Are ribbon snakes friendly?
Fortunately, like all garter snakes, ribbon snakes are nonvenomous and quite shy. This makes them popular pets, since there are many attractive colour morphs of ribbon snakes, and they don't pose any danger to even kids.
In other countries people keep ribbon snakes as pets because they are harmless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by benjamin007: 8:19pm On Apr 23, 2020
FuckDaMods:
Murderer, how would you like it when something greater than you takes your life forcefully? Selfish humans
do you eat meat ?
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Dpharisee: 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2020
All4good:

Ok nice to know that at least it isn't venomous.

But does it bite?
Does not bite, people who love snakes keep ribbon snakes as pets in some areas

2 Likes

Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Makuos19: 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2020
bestabigaelever:
Is this snake big enough to reach promise land
You look like a Prostitute in your dressing/posture in your dp..
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Coldie(m): 8:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
I can't remember the last time I saw a real snake.
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by apex4717: 8:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
[color=#] 2410070[/color]
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by apex4717: 8:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by ALABACONNECT(m): 8:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
Damn my hatred for snakes
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Hollumedeyyyy: 8:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
Nah Everytime you ppl dey kill snake...nawa oo
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Heineken(m): 8:24pm On Apr 23, 2020
Kylekent59:

It is called ''ribbon snake.'' It is harmless and non-venomous snake.

Lalasticlala, they have killed another one grin
boss I don't believe in snakes been harmless or non venomous. To me, they are the same.
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 23, 2020
tyup:

and who's talking bout puting hands into snake mouth?

you really need to acquire a good comprehension ability undecided

Since it is not dangerous or poisonous or venomous, put your hands in the snake mouth nah
Goats are not dangerous, and am sure you can place you hand on them
So y can't you do it to non poisonous snakes?
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by uuzba(m): 8:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
FuckDaMods:
Just in case that snake was poisonous,
Do you have anti-venom injection?
A doctor would first have to know what type of snake it was that bit you.
Then know the composition of the chemicals in the venom.
Then HAVE AVAILABLE, the EXACT anti-venom medicine to inject you with
All this must happen within 5 mins if the snake bite otherwise the venom spreads round your blood and kills you.
Are you prepared to take such a chance?
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by SeverusSnape(m): 8:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
leosahm:

i heard in igboland, they dnt kill snakes, here 4 calabar, we no dy carry eye see, even if na to hear alone, we go pack weapons full body......
Snakes are killed in Igboland.

Except Pythons are exempted from the killings.
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Rapmoney(m): 8:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
It's called Ribbon snake. It's a nonvenomous snake. It's harmless to humans.
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by iammolise(m): 8:30pm On Apr 23, 2020
Couldn't really tell but I think it's the V-shaped head specie, it's venom high... Thank God for u and ur kids Mehn.
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by rOsy247(f): 8:32pm On Apr 23, 2020
Look for the other o. It didn't escape to anywhere. It's still around. Search everywhere.
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by bestabigaelever(f): 8:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
Makuos19:
You look like a Prostitute in your dressing/posture in your dp..
Ok, is that all?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rare Moments, Images In History You’ve Probably Never Seen Before. / Rat With A Ring Round Its Neck Trapped In Woman's Shop In Oyo. Photos / A Nairalander Pictured With The Tallest Woman In Kogi State (see Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.