Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

3 things you need to Know Before Doing Anything On Business/ Investment Section - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3 things you need to Know Before Doing Anything On Business/ Investment Section (846 Views)

3 Things You Should Know Before Joining Longrich Business / I Have 30k-40k As A Student, What Business/Investment Can I Start? / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 things you need to Know Before Doing Anything On Business/ Investment Section by restore8(m): 5:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
Looking at this section today, I knew I had to write this. I am just here to pour out what I wanted to say for a long time. I will do my best to shorten this post I hope it would be helpful to you.

A few years ago, when Bitcoin was really trending, i saw a post by someone here on nairaland. according to him, he was selling a ''Bitcoin mining machine'' that will help me to Get at least 1btc a day.

I was so excited and I borrowed money to pay for this Bitcoin miner. Immediately I transferred the money, he stopped picking my calls. At that moment, all my predictions on the amount of money I could make were gone.

I could not face my friend because i knew how we got that money. I was able to handle the situation and Also pay back but i had to use my 'feeding money'.

However, I never gave up. I also met with another user here on nairaland. Who made a post on how to make money from exporting agricultural products. It was just #7,500 and he seemed legit.

However, after buying the ebook, he never mentioned that I needed a professional website for this. He told me it was going to cost me 30k. Because I believed in him a friend of mine borrowed me 60k- 30k For the website and 30k for startup capital.

Unfortunately I realized that in the end he was just a website designer hustler who got some knowledge on agriculture. It was really painful because I knew what my friend was going through and I believed that this was the big break we both wanted....

Continued in a moment....

1 Like

Re: 3 things you need to Know Before Doing Anything On Business/ Investment Section by Goodman247: 5:35pm On Apr 23, 2020
They are all scammers, be careful always ask questions in the scam alert thread before you go ahead with any investment you see on nairaland
Re: 3 things you need to Know Before Doing Anything On Business/ Investment Section by restore8(m): 6:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
CONTINUATION
===≠≠≠≠==============≠≠≠≠≠≠=====

Unfortunately I realized that in the end he was just a website designer hustler who got some knowledge on agriculture. It was really painful because I knew what my friend was going through and I believed that this was the big break we both wanted....

This happened last year and a lot of things has happened that has made me to be more careful when I use these two sections.

Let me not bore you out with my failures....
Here are a few things i learnt

1. Learn to control your Greed:
Forget what you've heard about this word. There are times, where you would no longer be satisfied with where you are and you would want more.

However, how you go about it really matters a lot. You must not be too emotional when you're trying to make a decision.

Most of these 'Gooroos' on this section will promise you heaven and Earth just to get your cash.

But am okay with that as long as you can deliver.

The problem begins when the user realises that there's a catch and there's no preparation for it. This is really saddening.

A lot of people here are really doing thier best to stay afloat during this lockdown. And most of us would do anything to get money. The Same goes for the scammers as well so don't be decieved. Look before you leap.

To be continued in a moment...
Re: 3 things you need to Know Before Doing Anything On Business/ Investment Section by restore8(m): 6:24pm On Apr 23, 2020
CONTINUATION

A lot of people here are really doing thier best to stay afloat during this lockdown. And most of us would do anything to get money. The Same goes for the scammers as well so don't be decieved. Look before you leap.

2. Exercise patience

Wait!

Before you condemm yourself that you're not patient...

I believe that it's not your fault. We are now in a world where we no longer celebrate people who 'pay attention' to details.

Rather, we celebrate people who make the loudest noise- empty barrels. Our world has promoted the sense of instant gratification so much that it is now affecting the way we do business.

I realised this when I decided to finally focus on becoming a content writer. Before I started, I saw a friend of mine 3 years ago who was writing on freelancer.com. at that time, he was been paid $1per 500words.

Very small abi?

But he continued and today, even in this "Rona" period he's not bothered. I don't want to say how much he helped me during those times but the rest they say is history.

If I had decided to learn the ropes earlier I would have been more Better than where I am presently. Even though we are getting back up...

I really regret ignoring the days of humble beginnings.

In essence, even though you're earning little, just keep moving. Always give your self time to grow and learn what you need to do, to be successful in any area you choose #Dontrush

To be continued in a moment...
Re: 3 things you need to Know Before Doing Anything On Business/ Investment Section by restore8(m): 6:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
CONTINUATION

3. Stop jumping from place to place.

The keyword here is "Focus" I wanted to use this as the subheading but I feel it won't get to you so...Alaye stop jumping.

Maybe you're like me. One moment, I was learning how to create, build and sell I.M products, the next moment, afilliate marketing, the next moment, forex...

The list is endless abeg smh

You would soon begin to realise that you can't learn everything and you won't be able to do everything efficiently. If care is not taken, this might lead to fustration.

This is why you will find out that there are many people who know a lot about different businesses but aren't earning enough.

With all due respect, there are some information that you have now about some businesses but you can't act upon right now.

This may be because you lack the capacity to handle that business or trend. Have you ever felt that you have a lot ideas but you really find it difficult to implement them?

You have to let go.

Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't multitask, what am trying to say is that you can't be a sun and a Moon at the same time. For you to be significant, you must first be specific.

Focus on one thing first and when you gain ascendancy, you will be able to draw other businesses to your self.

1 Like

Re: 3 things you need to Know Before Doing Anything On Business/ Investment Section by restore8(m): 7:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
So, thats the end of my story.

I will tell you the truth, there are still reliable people in this section and they would always keep to thier words. That is if you follow due process

This this not a sales thread and I won't mention names but they are very few and when you find them, cherish them because these are the only people who believe in your future.

I really apologise for the poor spacing and my apologies to the critics if I didn't use Grammarly to edit my words.

To my readers, thank you for following me on this journey.

Happy holidays everyone. Good evening.

1 Like

Re: 3 things you need to Know Before Doing Anything On Business/ Investment Section by restore8(m): 7:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
Goodman247:
They are all scammers, be careful always ask questions in the scam alert thread before you go ahead with any investment you see on nairaland

Thank you for your comment sir.
Re: 3 things you need to Know Before Doing Anything On Business/ Investment Section by SavageResponse(m): 9:47pm On Apr 23, 2020
Before you invest just bear in mind that if it sounds too good to be true , it probably is

1 Like

Re: 3 things you need to Know Before Doing Anything On Business/ Investment Section by eobong: 1:00am On Apr 24, 2020
My simple principle

"Money no like noise!"

Translation = money making hardly announce itself".

Simply question, if it's that easy- why come here and make all the advert instead of making all the money ��

1 Like

Re: 3 things you need to Know Before Doing Anything On Business/ Investment Section by Yian1(m): 1:34am On Apr 24, 2020
restore8:
So, thats the end of my story.

I will tell you the truth, there are still reliable people in this section and they would always keep to thier words. That is if you follow due process

This this not a sales thread and I won't mention names but they are very few and when you find them, cherish them because these are the only people who believe in your future.

I really apologise for the poor spacing and my apologies to the critics if I didn't use Grammarly to edit my words.

To my readers, thank you for following me on this journey.

Happy holidays everyone. Good evening.

What an educative and enlightening piece! Everything you mentioned keeps ringing in my head, telling me to tread carefully in any endeavour online/offline...

Thanks for looking after your brothers and sisters! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Re: 3 things you need to Know Before Doing Anything On Business/ Investment Section by restore8(m): 9:35am On May 29, 2020
Yian1:

What an educative and enlightening piece! Everything you mentioned keeps ringing in my head, telling me to tread carefully in any endeavour online/offline...

Thanks for looking after your brothers and sisters! Thanks for sharing!
thank you so much for your comment sir.
Re: 3 things you need to Know Before Doing Anything On Business/ Investment Section by Yian1(m): 11:34am On Jun 03, 2020
restore8:

thank you so much for your comment sir.

You're welcome sir, keep up the good work!

(1) (Reply)

Ekenbest Intl Logistics Company / I Will Be Your Fiverr & Upwork Consultant / Protest: Dangote Sugar refutes staff death report at Numan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.