Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,251 members, 7,780,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:48 PM

Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? (84001 Views)

Do You Personally Know Anyone With Covid-19 In Nigeria? / 4 Nigerians Who Have Died Of Coronavirus (photos) / Coronavirus: Lady Who Tested Positive Shares The Symptoms She Experienced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by ignis: 8:50pm On Apr 23, 2020
In as much as I believe COVID-19 is real, but it has been politicized in Nigeria. Malaria is generally more deadly than COVID-19. But in Nigeria we know the effect of malaria is not widely felt compared to the whites.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by tooth4tooth: 8:50pm On Apr 23, 2020
JubrinElSudan:
The man that died in Delta allegedly by the Virus, I know him. cry
Which part of Delta state?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by 12inchess: 8:50pm On Apr 23, 2020
All these people here saying the virus is not real, I bet you, if you tell anyone of them to walk with you into an isolation center they will take to their heels. They are similar to Nigerian pastors that can perform miracle on the TV but cannot go into Coronavirus isolation center in Yaba and perform miracle there.

87 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by spiralwedge(m): 8:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
Iwillsurvivedis, why not visit IDH, Yaba?
it's not far from Jibowu, YabaTech, WAEC, Military base, FSTC.

There's a second gate from Abule Ijesha, Yaba.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by dequeenishere: 8:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
Not at all. HV being asking the same question and no positive hanzer
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by JBoss25(m): 8:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
Yes, my mother's neighbor

3 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Uyi168: 8:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
jaymejate:
I don't know anyone. Guess they are inflating the figures to keep the money coming. There is COVID-19 but the figures. Hell no
Actually, the cases are under reported...

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Femich18(m): 8:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
Iwillsurvivedis:
Well personally I don't know anyone who has been infected or died of the novel covid-19 virus, with the hype and rate of increase as purported by our government and the secrecy sorrounding those they claim to have it, I have my doubts regarding the figures.

I have personally followed Ghana on worldometer.info and Ghana's covid cases has remained below 1300 and just 9 deaths over the past week(s). So what does Ghana know that we don't.

Why are we like this? Must someone you know die before you believe it exist? It shouldn't get to that stage. We should all take precautions.

Also I read a report on yahoo news saying sunlight easily kills the virus and we all know that the sun in Nigeria can boil yam in the right circumstance.

Another thing I noticed is that as soon as the European union gave Nigeria a 27 billion grant, the cases started to rise uncontrollably. Anyway thats my observation.

So do you know anyone with the virus or has the NCDC Being to your area to pick any suspected case.

Let us know.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Talkizcheap: 8:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
I know a nurse who first doubt the existence of the virus especially in our shores; now she is clamouring for FG to make provision for kits to personnel/health workers.

Doubt it at ur own risk, an Indian man died few days ago in lekki - a close friend to my Indian client.

We doubt it in our own very domain but expatriates stay locked up and are so well informed more than we do.

30 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Rufai1314(m): 8:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
No, I don't know of any.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by solmus: 8:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
klever18:
even one mumu say dey are inflating the figure.

I just dey wonder why our people just dey like this

11 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by chibjohn(m): 8:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
Yes o. He is a family friend that lived and died in New York from covid-19. A man around 70 years. On Monday 13th April, my dad called to tell me he died of covid-19 in New York. All the memories of him is ever fresh on my mind. This is someone that we visit each other whenever he is in Nigeria. Corona Virus is real. Protect yourself.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by stanliwiser: 8:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
EXLOVER:
Corona virus in Nigeria is the biggest scam so far.
oga no go put your family and neighbors in trouble o. It is real, I have health workers as friends o

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by ajimotoke(m): 8:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
Not really, but if anyone out there still doubting if there is covid in the country, let them visit one of the centre have hand shake with covid 19 patient and put it inside his/her mouth then wait for two weeks. grin grin for confirmation.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Edopesin: 8:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
solmus:
Common sense, 200,000,000 people cant all know 28 dead victims
common sense, We only need one person to confirm he knows any positive, dead or Alive

3 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by charles009(m): 8:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
You guys are all delusional.
So the virus update in Nigeria is scam because States are demanding more money than the other. The whole governors despite their differences agreed to extend lockdown.

Y'all need to sober up and wake up from your slumber, this was how the black Americans claimed melanin would save them from the virus. Today they are most hit racial group. So don't be proactive, keep fooling yourselves until you are caught in-between ..

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by scoundrel(f): 8:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
I do not know and don't care to know. If staying indoors is the only means to survive in this period then I shall do so without complaint.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Phaedrus: 8:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
This is a country of more than 200 million people and there are less than a thousand cases at present. What's the slightest probability that one of such is someone you'd know? If you still think this is a joke, look at Abba Kyari. You think He died of something other than COVID-19?

10 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by PureGoldh(m): 8:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
Not at all
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by MrBONE2(m): 8:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
Emmakohodis747:
Nope. That's why I don't really believe that there is corona in Africa. Prove me wrong
grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
Personally I don't know anyone infected with Corona virus but my husband's colleague's wife is a health worker at that hospital in Yaba, Coronavirus is so real,I couldn't stepped out for two days when we spoke with them,if you are still doubting that it is audio,please go to the hospital at Yaba,shortcut,take the back of Neuropsychiatric hospital and get the address,do not allow the securities to prevent you from going inside there,check if you would see the patients,ask them questions one after the other and give each one of them a handshake or hug because Nigeria government have turned your brain upside down to the extent that you think it's also a scam for your parents to have given birth to you.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Zyzxx10: 8:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
Iwillsurvivedis:

I don't doubt the existence of the virus on the continent but those figures in Nigeria expecially Lagos and Kano is highly doubtful. Kano just demanded 15 billion from the federal government to fight the disease and any sane person will know that tracing or giving account of the funds afterwards will be highly impossible
15 billion as in.The fool just wants to secure his generation financially.Nigerian leaders are supposed to be used in documentaries and films to showcase their evolved form of wickedness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Xisnin(m): 8:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
Iwillsurvivedis:

Also I read a report on yahoo news saying sunlight easily kills the virus and we all know that the sun in Nigeria can boil yam in the right circumstance.

Lying to endanger people's life.
SMH

9 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by foxxydude: 8:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
are you guys insinuating that Atiku's son is part of the scam too
Covid-19 is real
Make una stay safe

7 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
Personally, I don't; however, two individuals were reported to have tested to Covid-19 in my street on Tuesday, 21st of April
Health workers came on Wednesday 22nd, to disinfect every nook and corner of my street.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Kenneth10110(m): 8:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
grin I never see we dan tire to nod head and greet handshakes ti take over
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Pinkyposh(f): 8:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
Yes I have seen, one died in my hospital. Corona virus is real

21 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
Who wants to know any corona virus victim personally? Me I don't?

6 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by solmus: 8:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
Edopesin:

common sense, We only need one person to confirm he knows any positive, dead or Alive

Common Common sense, Nairaland only has 2.4 million members not all are online and the few online ones are claiming to know a relative

5 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Enskynelson(m): 8:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
Yes. Last week, my friend tested positive in the UK. Throughout the time he was isolated, we kept chatting and he shared how he was feeling with me. He has recovered though and set to resume work on coming Monday. The virus is real but if your immune system is strong and you have no serious underlying illnesses, you may even suffer it and not know it is coronavirus.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by mimimile93: 8:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
Iwillsurvivedis:
Well personally I don't know anyone who has been infected or died of the novel covid-19 virus, with the hype and rate of increase as purported by our government and the secrecy sorrounding those they claim to have it, I have my doubts regarding the figures.

I have personally followed Ghana on worldometer.info and Ghana's covid cases has remained below 1300 and just 9 deaths over the past week(s). So what does Ghana know that we don't.

Another thing I noticed is that as soon as the European union gave Nigeria a 27 billion grant, the cases started to rise uncontrollably. Anyway thats my observation.

So do you know anyone with the virus or has the NCDC Being to your area to pick any suspected case.

Let us know.
I know 3. 1 is my fiancée's cousin.

Over there in Nigeria I think the case is more than what NCDC is reporting. If Nigeria does mass testing the figures should be from 5000 upwards

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Roozzaay(m): 8:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
Yes, he died last Tuesday

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

How Rivers State Lockdown Trapped Me In Port Harcourt (Pictures) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) / Nasarawa Native Doctor Walks Out Of Casket At His Burial (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.