Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? (28669 Views)

My Funny Interview Experience With A Foreign Firm / My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki / My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by chukzyfcbb: 12:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
Tech Interview

Lebanese: So you I see you have networking certificates, CCNA and the rest, so what's Networking?

Me: (in my head wtf such a cheap question). Networking is the connection of two or more devices to share resources eg Internet, Printer , files

Lebanese/Indian guy : (Smiles), so I have a usb printer attached to a PC, how can another user pc make use of that same printer.

Me: (realises this one no be certificate theory jumbo). started talking rubbish....

Lebanese/Indian guy: ....But you just said networking is about sharing resources eg Printer

Me: Was cold as all the Networking Certificate now proved useless in the face of Pratical.

smiley

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
RexTramadol1:
After written and oral interview

Dem say salary is based on commission, no basic Salary

Efele
Lol efele ni ijebu

1 Like

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by PeacenLove2: 12:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
Jaqenhghar:
Meeen cant forget that one. I dont know how I totally forgot everything I was supposed to say. I sounded like one big fĂșcking bumbling idiot. Couldnt string sentences. There was no reason to because the questions were simple enough.... my experiences. At one point the interviewers look at each other as if to say " na wa for this guy" . Till today I dont know how it happened. I knew I wouldnt get that job. Would have been surprised if I did

Then there was this other one I did in Lagos. I felt insulted by the people who were interviewing me. Some small boys with very inflated egos. I went for that interview more out politeness. After the 1st question I knew I didnt wa t to work there. I jist clammed up and refused to cooperate. Stared them down and assumed my most arrogant posture. I thinl I even laughed at one of them sef at the question he asked me. LOL

Be like say you don chop belleful that time. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by hustla(m): 1:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
I was so scared and nervous that I forgot the capital of Nigeria grin

The interviewers had to calm me down and tell me - 'We know you know it, just calm down, please'

I just lost it from there - Questions wey i know say i sabi, to open mouth talk am turn wahala

To think I aced the tests cry

UBA - Marina

8 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by hustla(m): 1:01pm On Apr 24, 2020
chukzyfcbb:
Tech Interview

Lebanese: So you I see you have networking certificates, CCNA and the rest, so what's Networking?

Me: (in my head wtf such a cheap question). Networking is the connection of two or more devices to share resources eg Internet, Printer , files

Lebanese/Indian guy : (Smiles), so I have a usb printer attached to a PC, how can another user pc make use of that same printer.

Me: (realises this one no be certificate theory jumbo). started talking rubbish....

Lebanese/Indian guy: ....But you just said networking is about sharing resources eg Printer

Me: Was cold as all the Networking Certificate now proved useless in the face of Pratical.

smiley

Experience trumps Certs

All day!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Risentouch(m): 1:02pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mine was really frustrating.
When I passed the DSSS exam, then we went for oral interview, that's earlier last year
After checking my documents and discovered that am from the same community as Nnamdi Kanu, their first question was; where is your king? I answered that I don't know his whereabouts, then the main questions started flooding focusing on [color=#550000][/color]IPOB and I was like is this an interview or interrogation.
A friend of mine who later got the job said I that his uncle told him I passed very well just that am Nnamdi Kanu's brother is the reason I lost out. Honestly I was happy they didn't take me, imagine working in such an environment you are already seen as a rebel in just your first appearance

25 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by mendii(m): 1:03pm On Apr 24, 2020
StarUp:
Interviewer: Do you know that 95% of ladies piss on their body while bathing

Me: Yes, I know

Interviewer: You just got the job, congratulations grin
grin werey
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by PeacenLove2: 1:06pm On Apr 24, 2020
everbliss:
I went for an interview. My interviewer was a lady. She said tell me about yourself and was working on her system. By the time I was done, she said start all over. I didn't know whether to slap her. Only for me to find out she was not supposed to be the interviewer. She said we will get back to you.

F-ING arrogant POS. Thing wey eye don see sha. Pele.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by chukzyfcbb: 1:07pm On Apr 24, 2020
hustla:

Experience trumps Certs
All day!
Anyday Anytime

1 Like

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Vasgas: 1:08pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mexyz:
so her ability to work under pressure includes answering different questions at the same time
How can 2-3 persons be asking someone different questions the same time?

What she needed to do was to take note of the first person question and after each one of them had finished asking his/her question

She should look to the person she can remember his question and give her response.
Then look to another person and ask him to repeat his question.

I believe when under pressure, prioritizing should b the key.

44 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by wifeesnatcher(m): 1:11pm On Apr 24, 2020
I attended one with Dana airline, 3whites and 2 Nigerians were the interviewers

1. we have gone through your CV and with your course of study, we discovered that it doesn't fit in with our job Vacancy, why do you think you're fit for this job.

after buttressing my reasons with reasonable facts and reference, they were satisfied

2. pick a product/service and market it.

I pick their airline, having studied their services and their objective(slogan)

3. the Nigerian said your CV stated that you served in Anambra state, I said yes, then he asked where my PPA was then, I told him a private secondary school. he then asked the subject I teach then, I told him govt. he said I should pick a topic in govt and teach them just for 5mins

I picked the three arms of govt, I explained in full details with excess examples and comparative analysis of bicameral and unicameral of the legislature

4. this almost knocked me out. the white man among them asked me what was the bad thing about me that I don't like

I heard the question but to have enough time to crack my brain(not to shoot myself at the foot) I pleaded if he could repeat the question again, he repeated the question and I told him my introvert act but I'm working on getting rid of it, he asked why? I said because I don't want it to disturbed my social vices

my dressing dropped me anyway because they were all impressed with my readiness. guy man was so poor to the interview, it was a sad experience even though the Nigerian (a Igbo man) meet me outside to encourage me

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by idonhammer: 1:12pm On Apr 24, 2020
Ninethmare:
I once attended an aptitude test in one multinational oil company in Lagos

As an engineering student from one of the best federal university I was like any question them like make them bring

Na so I enter hall, computer base test

exam started
no calculator
nothing nothing
just you and your God

I logged in
the first question my brain turn upside down
I said let me skip and go to the next
my people na so I skip tire.
I looked at my right and I looked at my left
that was when I know that social distancing can prevent many things

after sometime I just dey do tumbo tumbo.
A total question of 50 in 30 minutes.

Answer 30 questions and move to the next stage.

after the exam I clicked submit.

my people the result confused me
out of 50 questions I answered 8

I failed woefully
Even the invigilator was sorry for me.

Since that day I started seeing Onisha Main market in my dreams.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by aladeokin1000(m): 1:13pm On Apr 24, 2020
omorttee4u:
Some company know, they need only 2 or 3 employee, they ended up inviting 100 applicant, is very annoying, they know what they are doing, by start gathering ideas on how they will grow their organisation.

Note : they already had the list of candidate that will fix the post.
True
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Vasgas: 1:13pm On Apr 24, 2020
SafariBoy:
You mean you will do interview when going into agric
I'm confused o.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Lamanii22(f): 1:14pm On Apr 24, 2020
I couldn't confuse them to buy my bag lol.... Two guys and a lady interviewed me, the lady was just trying to prove ....
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by yeme7(m): 1:16pm On Apr 24, 2020
J

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by howmarket2: 1:18pm On Apr 24, 2020
chukzyfcbb:
Tech Interview

smiley
you could use a USB adapter with two or more USB ports.why not it ll connect.

2 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Emperormartin(m): 1:19pm On Apr 24, 2020
Risentouch:
When I passed the DSSS exam, then we went for oral interview, that's earlier last year
After checking my documents and discovered that am from the same community as Nnamdi Kanu, their first question was; where is your king? I answered that I don't know his whereabouts, then the main questions started flooding focusing on [color=#550000][/color]IPOB and I was like is this an interview or interrogation.
A friend of mine who later got the job said I that his uncle told him I passed very well just that am Nnamdi Kanu's brother is the reason I lost out. Honestly I was happy they didn't take me, imagine working in such an environment you are already seen as a rebel in just your first appearance
Nawao...is this true?
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by seyidboy(m): 1:20pm On Apr 24, 2020
got an India supermarket interview invitation less than 12 hours.
Indian: who wrote this application letter for u?
me: i wrote it myself in some few hours ago
Indian: okay list documents required to be filed with FIRS for annual tax returns
me: silence for 1 minutes
Indian:I'm waiting for u
me: D necessary books of account like profit and loss statement and balance sheet.
Indian: let me more
me: that all I know, if u know more tell me
Indian: u are very rude, pls leave my office now.
me: Oh my God! this is gonna be my last interview ever till I die.
note: this is my second ever interview.

16 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by anykey: 1:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mine was funny though.
It was during my 6 months internship programme, and i was linked up to a company on the island. After passing their tests, i was called up for their interview. On to say i don stay house for close to 2 months, i wanted to get into this company by all means. So i got very nervous when i was told i was the next to be interviewed.
I got in the hall and i saw four men, my heart started racing, my head went blank. I was asked to introduce my self, i just talk am some how how. Then one of them asked me the capital of nigeria.
I said kampala. They all started laughing, in short one of them started choking on the laughter. They had to bring water for him, after he calmed down, he continued laughing. I was so embarassed. Then the choked man said, mo like Bobo kampala yi. (he likes me). They asked the question again though, and i told them the correct answer, they understood i was nervous.
I got the job though cos i had internal links, but na kampala them call me throughout my stay there.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Dmeji4444(m): 1:24pm On Apr 24, 2020
I am Muslim that wear beards. On that d, interviewer shifted from the major interview and started asking about Boko Haram immediately he checked my name on the CV.

questions like;

What do you know about Boko Haram?

How do you feel if you hear the news about the members of the sect being killed?

I smiled, picked my CV from his desk then walked out.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Kevsmart88(m): 1:28pm On Apr 24, 2020
anykey:
Mine was funny though.
It was during my 6 months internship programme, and i was linked up to a company on the island. After passing their tests, i was called up for their interview. On to say i don stay house for close to 2 months, i wanted to get into this company by all means. So i got very nervous when i was told i was the next to be interviewed.
I got in the hall and i saw four men, my heart started racing, my head went blank. I was asked to introduce my self, i just talk am some how how. Then one of them asked me the capital of nigeria.
I said kampala. They all started laughing, in short one of them started choking on the laughter. They had to bring water for him, after he calmed down, he continued laughing. I was so embarassed. Then the choked man said, mo like Bobo kampala yi. (he likes me). They asked the question again though, and i told them the correct answer, they understood i was nervous.
I got the job though cos i had internal links, but na kampala them call me throughout my stay there.
grin you're a crazy dude

4 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by howmarket2: 1:29pm On Apr 24, 2020
Dmeji4444:
I am Muslim that wear beards. On that d, interviewer shifted from the major interview and started asking about Boko Haram immediately he checked my name on the CV.

questions like;

How do you feel if you hear the news about the members of the sect being killed?

guy I like that.you should have dropped something like, I ll be back for you.

23 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Mufasarocksstar: 1:29pm On Apr 24, 2020
My worst interview was being interviewed by one M.D. After the first online interview, she invited for the 2nd interview, she asked me to bring out my credentials as I was about to ..she just said m not organized(I was like woww). From the beginning to the end of the interview ..she was asking question and answering herself ..because she said I was wrong.

I eventually asked for my document back she was surprised in front of her staff to pay her back for the insult . grin grin

16 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by howmarket2: 1:30pm On Apr 24, 2020
Dmeji4444:

questions like;

guy I like that.you should have dropped something like, I ll be back for you.lol that man ll not come to work for like 3weeks.he ll be calling to ask if anybody check on him in the office.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Jaqenhghar: 1:30pm On Apr 24, 2020
Ramos16:

I had the same experience as your first story, it was KPMG, I had smashed all the test and it was just face to face interview, it went terribly, I was so nervous I thought I was going to faint. Surprisingly enough, they gave my second thoughts, while others were receiving acceptance or rejection emails, I did not see mine till much later. It was the worst experience ever. But the interviewers were nice.

They started asking me questions about my home to calm me down. It was humiliating, but I wish they understood that the only reason I got nervous was because of how much importance I put into getting into the company.

But I am actually really happy they did not give me a chance, else I won't be here today, I know what I have achieved now I would not have achieved in 20 years in KPMG
Eiyaa. Sometimes its like that you just get nervous especially if it's a dream job. They probably looked at your test scores and knew you were what they wanted and also understood that you were nervous. I'm glad thwy gace you a chance. Some wicked ones go just throway you.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Samcent: 1:30pm On Apr 24, 2020
It was a phone interview after an online test. While I was expecting technical questions related to my practice, the two ladies that interviewed me literally dragged me on the floor with top management questions. That night I did not sleep well. I thank God for my wife, she helped ease the pain with sweet words and good food.
The job is a dream job, and I promised myself to make another attempt.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Jaqenhghar: 1:31pm On Apr 24, 2020
PeacenLove2:

Be like say you don chop belleful that time. cheesy
Hehehe. I'd say I was young and stupid.

1 Like

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Crofton: 1:33pm On Apr 24, 2020
Risentouch:

Anyone should believe this trash at their own peril.

8 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by fatymore(f): 1:39pm On Apr 24, 2020
I was asked if I can stopped using my hijab...

Not niqab oooo.

All these short hijab/scarves that can be tuck in.

My prayer is to get to where I can have a level playing field for all irrespective of your religion. cry

18 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by miketayo(m): 1:42pm On Apr 24, 2020
After series of questions and answers, the interviewer who was the CEO asked me how much I wanted, It was a startup in ikeja, I didn't want to ask for too much or too little, so I answered "100,000".
The interviewer adjusted his tie and seat, he started sweating I knew they couldn't afford me right there.
He said am I willing to go lower, I asked him how much was he willing to pay he said 25k.
I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. 25k for a software developer.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by pascalbenz: 1:48pm On Apr 24, 2020
My own na late last year one of my snr man been wan run c0nnect for me and my guy to go work as steward for emeka offor daugther house when she recently mary, the guy say na the the daughter go interview us . When we got to the house we were instructed to wait outside 1st , as we were waiting na so oga convoy just land ! tension from n0 where hold me and my guy Him security man just begin to interogate us who are we and why are we there , so we introduced an explained ourslf, about 15 to 20 min later we were called inside na the papa c0me dy run us the interview, they ask us s0mekind yeye question the girl just they beside him they laugh . Aftr the interview me and my guy wan cry based on bad market cause we were n0t expecting her father at all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

VIDEO: Over 30,000 fill Pakistan's stadium for only 1,100 advertised police job / NYSC Aptitude Test Holding On Saturday 21st December / Healthstream Alliance Called Me For An Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.