Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,753 members, 7,806,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? (28661 Views)

My Funny Interview Experience With A Foreign Firm / My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki / My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by howmarket2: 8:08pm On Apr 24, 2020
Gkemz:

I had a similar experience.
The interview was for the role of regional manager in an international company conducted by two Chinese Americans and One Nigerian man. The company is into heavy equipments. These Chinese Americans bombarded me with questions from the answers I supplied to previous questions. After spending half an hour with them thinking that the interview is completed. Here comes the mess.
Interviewer: We can see you have an extensive, comprehensive and wide experience in FMCG, how are you going to leverage on that when it's not gonna be applicable for this role because this is not an FMGC industry.
Me: I am adaptive and fast in learning more about the position and I give you assurance that within 1month I must have mastered the dynamics.
Interviewer: It took me 5years to grow to the level of a Manager, so how could you just achieve that within 1 month...
At this juncture, i was dumbfounded.

Another horrible interview experience was with an international company. After convincing them that I have all it takes to excel in that role beyond their expectations, and I am highly proficient in the use of Ms word, Excel and Computer repair and maintenance. I was tested on Excel and Msword. I never knew they had a faulty system that could not boot. I was presented with the system to fix. As a sharp guy, I told them that the problem could be the BIOS or RAM.
Interviewer: In other words you are not sure of your competence by guessing. Don't you think you should have run a troubleshoot with your tools.
Me: Sir, I need to boot the system before i could troubleshoot.
Interviewer: You supposed to have your tools with you.
Me: In my mind (Oga I came for an interview, not to repair your system. Take this shit to a technician.)
Interestingly, hardware knowledge of computer is not necessary for the role.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by smiliyB(f): 8:18pm On Apr 24, 2020
TheFacelessMan:
grin
Hahahahahhaha that's the secret in everyone's mind but we are busy giving a different answer like better pikin
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by smiliyB(f): 8:39pm On Apr 24, 2020
anykey:
Mine was funny though.
It was during my 6 months internship programme, and i was linked up to a company on the island. After passing their tests, i was called up for their interview. On to say i don stay house for close to 2 months, i wanted to get into this company by all means. So i got very nervous when i was told i was the next to be interviewed.
I got in the hall and i saw four men, my heart started racing, my head went blank. I was asked to introduce my self, i just talk am some how how. Then one of them asked me the capital of nigeria.
I said kampala. They all started laughing, in short one of them started choking on the laughter. They had to bring water for him, after he calmed down, he continued laughing. I was so embarassed. Then the choked man said, mo like Bobo kampala yi. (he likes me). They asked the question again though, and i told them the correct answer, they understood i was nervous.
I got the job though cos i had internal links, but na kampala them call me throughout my stay there.
Omo! See me laughing and crying cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by intruder15(m): 9:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
IamgratefulLord:
Hmmmm....
I went for an interview as a teacher in a very big school in Gwarinpa, Abuja. (Expensive)
I live in kuje, on the day of the interview I left my house by 6am in the morning and got to the school at about 7.30am. The interview was for 8 a.m. Na so the proprietress come tell me to write application letter, write another letter about how I encountered Jesus, write a lesson note on Computer softwares ( System and application softwares) , then do teaching practice. After that na so the madam come interview me. I was there till 5pm.
I passed the exams, did well with the lesson notes, and also the oral interview.
Time to tell me my salary, the madam said that she would pay me 40k. My ears went deaf for about 2 minutes, I kept saying sorry... Sorry... Sorry... As if I didn't understand what she said.
I told her thank you and left.
When I got home I said to myself: why slave for someone and earn that peanut!! tongue
40k? Most Private school owners are wicked, they collect millions as school fees and pay their staff peanuts. I have a Bsc degree.
I also have a PGD in Education and a TRCN certificate and I also have a passion to teach.
I called my mum and told her I wanted to start my own school in kuje, my mum surprised me and sent me a huge sum of money to start my school. It was like film trick.
Today to the glory of God I have my own school. I bless God I didn't accept that offer.
wink Sometimes you just have to push yourself to achieve your dream.
I treat my staff well too. smiley

Cool. Hope u are not treating ur teachers like peanuts.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Futurejoy(f): 9:29pm On Apr 24, 2020
wifeesnatcher:
I attended one with Dana airline, 3whites and 2 Nigerians are the interviewers

1. we have gone through your CV and with your course of study, we discovered that it doesn't fit in with our job Vacancy, why do you think you're fit for this job.

after buttressing my reasons with reasonable facts and reference, they were satisfied

2. pick a product/service and market it.

I pick their airline, having studied their services and their objective(slogan)

3. the Nigerian said your CV stated that you served in Anambra state, I said yes, then he asked where my PPA was then, I told him a private secondary school. he then asked the subject I teach then, I told him govt. he said I should pick a topic in govt and teach them just for 5mins

I picked the three arms of govt, I explained in full details with excess examples and comparative analysis of bicameral and unicameral of the legislature

4. this almost knocked me out. the white man among them asked me what was the bad thing about me that I don't like

I heard the question but to have enough time to crack my brain(not to shoot myself at the foot) I pleaded if he could repeat the question again, he repeated the question and I told him my introvert act but I'm working on getting rid of it, he asked why? I said because I don't want it to disturbed my social vices

my dressing dropped me anyway because they were all impressed with my readiness. guy man was so poor to the interview, it was a sad experience even though the Nigerian (a Igbo man) meet me outside to encourage me
Did you get the job
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Futurejoy(f): 9:33pm On Apr 24, 2020
yeme7:
Well mine goes like this.... I went for interview in one of the state, I was the first person to got there, after so much waiting, I saw people coming one by one we were up to like 10 in one position that's when I believe I won't get the job, to make matter worse a lady who came for the interview told me to forget about it that if could speak their Tribe I said no she said I should forget it... Then after we were called to one by one, imagine me be the first to come I was the last. To cut the story short I was called him after everything I started talking immediately I was told to stop, they told me bye bye that I should forget the job... So one thing came to my mind that I can go home just like that, so I excused one of the interviewer that I have no money to travel back to my state. � � � The man asked me how. Much I said 5k,immediately the man gave me the money.. I said bye bye na who. Wan lost
Oga, you are a graduate and your sentence construction is hard to comprehend and your mistake past, present etc for each other
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Futurejoy(f): 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Eiyaa. Sometimes its like that you just get nervous especially if it's a dream job. They probably looked at your test scores and knew you were what they wanted and also understood that you were nervous. I'm glad thwy gace you a chance. Some wicked ones go just throway you.
Did you read what he said well?
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by yeme7(m): 9:39pm On Apr 24, 2020
Futurejoy:

Oga, you are a graduate and your sentence construction is hard to comprehend and your mistake past, present etc for each other

I believe u understood it...my phone ain't touching well... Thanks for reading
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Futurejoy(f): 9:40pm On Apr 24, 2020
yeme7:

I believe u understood it...my phone ain't touching well... Thanks for reading
Okay.pele
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by yeme7(m): 9:40pm On Apr 24, 2020
Futurejoy:

Go check my Facebook wall and see mtchew always want to find faults instead u should correct the mistakes
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by yeme7(m): 9:41pm On Apr 24, 2020
Futurejoy:

Okay.pele

Please send me money to repair my phone
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Futurejoy(f): 9:42pm On Apr 24, 2020
yeme7:

Go check my Facebook wall and see mtchew always want to find faults instead u should correct the mistakes
Your English is still bad. I can’t waste my data to go and check your Facebook page.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by yeme7(m): 9:44pm On Apr 24, 2020
Futurejoy:

Your English is still bad. I can’t waste my data to go and check your Facebook page.
Oga please send me money to repair my phone screen
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by DonroxyII: 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2020
seyidboy:
got an India supermarket interview invitation less than 12 hours.
Indian: who wrote this application letter for u?
me: i wrote it myself in some few hours ago
Indian: okay list documents required to be filed with FIRS for annual tax returns
me: silence for 1 minutes
Indian:I'm waiting for u
me: D necessary books of account like profit and loss statement and balance sheet.
Indian: let me more
me: that all I know, if u know more tell me
Indian: u are very rude, pls leave my office now.
me: Oh my God! this is gonna be my last interview ever till I die.
note: this is my second ever interview.
I like you spirit ... You really scared the guygrin
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by chiboyo(m): 9:49pm On Apr 24, 2020
TheGreatIYANU:

Nice. You were applying as a Pilot?

Yeah..
A cadet Pilot then...
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Futurejoy(f): 9:51pm On Apr 24, 2020
IamgratefulLord:
Hmmmm....
I went for an interview as a teacher in a very big school in Gwarinpa, Abuja. (Expensive)
I live in kuje, on the day of the interview I left my house by 6am in the morning and got to the school at about 7.30am. The interview was for 8 a.m. Na so the proprietress come tell me to write application letter, write another letter about how I encountered Jesus, write a lesson note on Computer softwares ( System and application softwares) , then do teaching practice. After that na so the madam come interview me. I was there till 5pm.
I passed the exams, did well with the lesson notes, and also the oral interview.
Time to tell me my salary, the madam said that she would pay me 40k. My ears went deaf for about 2 minutes, I kept saying sorry... Sorry... Sorry... As if I didn't understand what she said.
I told her thank you and left.
When I got home I said to myself: why slave for someone and earn that peanut!! tongue
40k? Most Private school owners are wicked, they collect millions as school fees and pay their staff peanuts. I have a Bsc degree.
I also have a PGD in Education and a TRCN certificate and I also have a passion to teach.
I called my mum and told her I wanted to start my own school in kuje, my mum surprised me and sent me a huge sum of money to start my school. It was like film trick.
Today to the glory of God I have my own school. I bless God I didn't accept that offer.
wink Sometimes you just have to push yourself to achieve your dream.
I treat my staff well too. smiley
Wow....that was a smart decision you took. I have the dream of starting a school soon somewhere in the south south. Please I will really appreciate you putting me through.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Futurejoy(f): 9:53pm On Apr 24, 2020
yeme7:

Oga please send me money to repair my phone screen
Internet begging
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Jaqenhghar: 9:54pm On Apr 24, 2020
Futurejoy:

Did you read what he said well?
Oops Actually I didnt finish reading it. grin

1 Like

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Futurejoy(f): 9:55pm On Apr 24, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Oops Actually I didnt finish reading it. grin
Lol
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by yeme7(m): 9:56pm On Apr 24, 2020
Futurejoy:

Internet begging

Lol �.... Anyway thanks alot for your little conversation and contribution, I really appreciate.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Jaqenhghar: 10:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
Futurejoy:

Lol
my bad. I just assumed.

1 Like

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by howmarket2: 10:01pm On Apr 24, 2020
yeme7:

learn how to punctuate. learn the meaning of ... remember no body is perfect.but an android phone with spelling check could help.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by yeme7(m): 10:01pm On Apr 24, 2020
howmarket2:
learn how to punctuate. learn the meaning of ... remember no body is perfect.but an android phone with spelling check could help.

Lol thanks.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Futurejoy(f): 10:09pm On Apr 24, 2020
ayo6hammiey:
I got a well packaged mail from a company to come for my interview in Lagos. I was happy. I live in Osun State so I travelled down to Lagos a day to! The company is a four storey building and the company uses all the building, i don happy day i hit am Las Las. Had the interview and waited for the result and I passed very well.. I was told i will resume by the next week. AND MY SALARY PER MONTH WILL BE #10K.. B.Sc holder from Osun to Lagos.
Was that in 1960?

2 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by fidelmarshal199: 10:14pm On Apr 24, 2020
Futurejoy:

You are insulting someone for poor construction of sentences, whereas your English isn't any better.

2 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Futurejoy(f): 10:18pm On Apr 24, 2020
fidelmarshal199:

You are insulting someone for poor construction of sentences, whereas your English isn't any better.

There is a typo error in my sentence and it could happen to anyone .
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by ultimate77(m): 10:24pm On Apr 24, 2020
chukzyfcbb:

at the time I was looking to transition into tech, so I started by getting a certificate.

Yes I had no experience, and couldn't speak about it.
However when I went back home after the interview and researched on it, I was ashamed at how I flopped to something so easy.

It's a good experience tho.

Sure.. Experiences wake us up. I'm happy you switched to a passion.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by ultimate77(m): 10:25pm On Apr 24, 2020
Tchalz:

Are you practising?

10 year now.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Futurejoy(f): 10:25pm On Apr 24, 2020
fidelmarshal199:

Moreover, nobody is dragging English with you. I
made a constructive observation over that guy’s comment. I don’t understand why you are taking it personal
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by wifeesnatcher(m): 10:33pm On Apr 24, 2020
Futurejoy:

Did you get the job

no I couldn't then, my dressing was poor and it was loud and clear why I was dropped even though I was encouraged to reapply next time and prepared well for my coming
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by AnthonyAk(m): 10:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
chukzyfcbb:
Tech Interview

Lebanese: So you I see you have networking certificates, CCNA and the rest, so what's Networking?

Me: (in my head wtf such a cheap question). Networking is the connection of two or more devices to share resources eg Internet, Printer , files

Lebanese/Indian guy : (Smiles), so I have a usb printer attached to a PC, how can another user pc make use of that same printer.

Me: (realises this one no be certificate theory jumbo). started talking rubbish....

Lebanese/Indian guy: ....But you just said networking is about sharing resources eg Printer

Me: Was cold as all the Networking Certificate now proved useless in the face of Pratical.

smiley

Clearly u dont have the CCNA and certificates
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by ultimate77(m): 10:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Get all this things down, international passport (budget 25k for this, they might ask you to drop small thing for faster collection of passport, don't mind them), go and submit your transcript from your University to WES, it's better to go to the school directly than to be sending mails and mails (press small cash on their hands too ) WES will charge you for it. English proficiency test for now, I'll say wait till the lockdown is over b4 going for the test, try doing some practice online or demo or apps at home now.
You will need police report but, not now. Statement of account from your bank showing certain amount (I don't know who you are carry along with you to Canada i.e children, wife or common in-law partner; hence there is a amount per head).
Creating an application is a good way to start before uploading and filling each section of your account, choose express entry as your method of immigration.

Thank you very much bro. I really appreciate. I checked up wes months back and realised that after every every about 310$ or more will part from me to both Wes and my school. I will sort international passport and IELTS after the pandemic God willing. I'm not carrying anyone along for now. I am single though.

I have a major in economics but I don't use it for work, it only serve as (Bs economics) you know..so a potential employer will be aware you have a major. I have been practicing IT for about 10 years now though I'm good in it especially hardware---networking and a lot others. In short, I've trained so many but I only take my certifications online when I see the one I love like cyber security, MIS, Telecoms and i m hands on.

Will you say i need to have a job offer before i start applying? Because all i want to do is to get out there and look for a job to do.. I dont have any one there. Thanks for your earlier reply. Can you please touch this one too?

Regards.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

VIDEO: Over 30,000 fill Pakistan's stadium for only 1,100 advertised police job / NYSC Aptitude Test Holding On Saturday 21st December / Differences Between A CV And A Resume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.