Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? (28670 Views)

My Funny Interview Experience With A Foreign Firm / My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki / My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Kayceenaz(m): 10:42pm On Apr 24, 2020
ultimate77:
2012. My pastor that year been day piety my condition for lag, he collected all this gnld advert and brought to me. Then I no know say na them. Fast foward to that Saturday. I woke up trecked from abuloshun to festac. Enter bus to till I reach oshodi.

I had only 200 left on me. When I reached there I heard noises every where.. My upliner called me sat me down in a class with one fine girl lecturing. Ah!!! Mogbe!!! I was pained when I heard 11,500 will get you your first pv. Ah!!
I felt like calling the guy outside and beating him up. This guys were on my neck to deposit anything I can.. Ah!!

Finally I stepped out, drank coke 50 naira buns 20 naira. Money remain 30 naira. Na so I leg am from oshodi to abuloshun I reached home 12:30am. I sick for 1 week.

Till today, if I see any person giving me anything in form of paper, oh my god"!! My eyes alone go skin am alive.
This actually cracked me up. grin
It is well.

1 Like

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by yeme7(m): 10:44pm On Apr 24, 2020
Futurejoy:

There is a typo error in my sentence and it could happen to anyone .

Snake � that's what you are
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Futurejoy(f): 10:46pm On Apr 24, 2020
yeme7:

Snake � that's what you are
I see why nobody wants to hire you.What”s up with the name calling?
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by fidelmarshal199: 11:02pm On Apr 24, 2020
Futurejoy:

Moreover, nobody is dragging English with you. I
made a constructive observation over that guy’s comment. I don’t understand why you are taking it personal

You called this destructive remark a constructive observation.
You lack common understanding of English language.

Futurejoy:

There is a typo error in my sentence and it could happen to anyone .

by the way, you meant to say "There was"

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Futurejoy(f): 11:05pm On Apr 24, 2020
fidelmarshal199:

For the fact that I didn’t go back to correct the typo leaves it at “present tense”

1 Like

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Futurejoy(f): 11:06pm On Apr 24, 2020
fidelmarshal199:

And stop “mentioning” me like someone what is jobless.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by yeme7(m): 11:18pm On Apr 24, 2020
Futurejoy:

I see why nobody wants to hire you.What”s up with the name calling?

You are very stupid

3 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by chukzyfcbb: 11:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
Gkemz:

I had a similar experience.
The interview was for the role of regional manager in an international company conducted by two Chinese Americans and One Nigerian man. The company is into heavy equipments. These Chinese Americans bombarded me with questions from the answers I supplied to previous questions. After spending half an hour with them thinking that the interview is completed. Here comes the mess.
Interviewer: We can see you have an extensive, comprehensive and wide experience in FMCG, how are you going to leverage on that when it's not gonna be applicable for this role because this is not an FMGC industry.
Me: I am adaptive and fast in learning more about the position and I give you assurance that within 1month I must have mastered the dynamics.
Interviewer: It took me 5years to grow to the level of a Manager, so how could you just achieve that within 1 month...
At this juncture, i was dumbfounded.

Another horrible interview experience was with an international company. After convincing them that I have all it takes to excel in that role beyond their expectations, and I am highly proficient in the use of Ms word, Excel and Computer repair and maintenance. I was tested on Excel and Msword. I never knew they had a faulty system that could not boot. I was presented with the system to fix. As a sharp guy, I told them that the problem could be the BIOS or RAM.
Interviewer: In other words you are not sure of your competence by guessing. Don't you think you should have run a troubleshoot with your tools.
Me: Sir, I need to boot the system before i could troubleshoot.
Interviewer: You supposed to have your tools with you.
Me: In my mind (Oga I came for an interview, not to repair your system. Take this shit to a technician.)
Interestingly, hardware knowledge of computer is not necessary for the role.
Lool, come with tools to repair system?

See yarns o smiley Maybe they wanted to leverage on awoof service smiley

1 Like

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by chukzyfcbb: 11:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
AnthonyAk:

Clearly u dont have the CCNA and certificates
Yes sir. I don't

2 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by chukzyfcbb: 11:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
Autodomain:

How much would it cost to get a CCNA certification
Exam is atleast 120k can't say now that $$$ has risen to 385.

Training is up to you to figure out.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by ultimate77(m): 11:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
Kayceenaz:

This actually cracked me up. grin
It is well.

My brother... Man pikin don suffer for this life
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by PeacenLove2: 12:00am On Apr 25, 2020
[quote author=ayo6hammiey post=88813708]I got a well packaged mail from a company to come for my interview in Lagos. I was happy. I live in Osun State so I travelled down to Lagos a day to! The company is a four storey building and the company uses all the building, i don happy day i hit am Las Las. Had the interview and waited for the result and I passed very well.. I was told i will resume by the next week. AND MY SALARY PER MONTH WILL BE #10K.. B.Sc holder from Osun to Lagos. [/quote\]

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:12am On Apr 25, 2020
ultimate77:

Thank you very much bro. I really appreciate. I checked up wes months back and realised that after every every about 310$ or more will part from me to both Wes and my school. I will sort international passport and IELTS after the pandemic God willing. I'm not carrying anyone along for now. I am single though.

I have a major in economics but I don't use it for work, it only serve as (Bs economics) you know..so a potential employer will be aware you have a major. I have been practicing IT for about 10 years now though I'm good in it especially hardware---networking and a lot others. In short, I've trained so many but I only take my certifications online when I see the one I love like cyber security, MIS, Telecoms and i m hands on.

Will you say i need to have a job offer before i start applying? Because all i want to do is to get out there and look for a job to do.. I dont have any one there. Thanks for your earlier reply. Can you please touch this one too?

Regards.
Wow, 10 years is really a decent amount of time but, I'm not sure what you mean by practicing or is it working experience. A great one if it's related to your field of study or just similar.
Since you are not carrying anyone along you'll need about N3.5 M as proof of funds but, don't let that scare you there are ways to tackle that one as you don't really have to get that exact amount.
You see that job offer can be your golden egg and will add to your points. If you actually need a job in Canada, the best is to be there yourself or let someone do it for you; let's say your friend or a Canadian employer but, some employers don't like going through the stress of seeking foreign workers by filling the LABOUR MARKET thing, I mean the employer will have to wait for like 6 months and see that no available potential Canadian can take up the job. However, you can still go to Canada hence, the N3.5 million to keep you going for that year till you find a job.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by ultimate77(m): 12:21am On Apr 25, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Wow, 10 years is really a decent amount of time but, I'm not sure what you mean by practicing or is it working experience. A great one if it's related to your field of study or just similar.
Since you are not carrying anyone along you'll need about N3.5 M as proof of funds but, don't let that scare you there are ways to tackle that one as you don't really have to get that exact amount.
You see that job offer can be your golden egg and will add to your points. If you actually need a job in Canada, the best is to be there yourself or let someone do it for you; let's say your friend or a Canadian employer but, some employers don't like going through the stress of seeking foreign workers by filling the LABOUR MARKET thing, I mean the employer will have to wait for like 6 months and see that no available potential Canadian can take up the job. However, you can still go to Canada hence, the N3.5 million to keep you going for that year till you find a job.
Thank you very much bro. By practice I mean experience yea.. Hands on. I don't have any one there mehn.. That means I'll need like 4.5m to think of moving right? Money no be here sha. Lol. E go better, this country don taya person.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Oyerinde16(m): 12:28am On Apr 25, 2020
My job then offered me a big office, chilling AC, personal assistance, company car for errands but the pay was less than 100.../I went for this over hyped interview somewhere in Lagos around palm groove... Note than 50/of us cramped into a small room... Na so I begin think am, all the way from PH, my office self is bigger than this 4by4 room, hot fan blowing... But I was already there even when I knew from the start I could not take the job... When it came for my interview, 4 people male and female seated across asking questions, I made them understand.. I answered the questions with confidence and even made two of them look very stupid for asking me that kind of questions, they looked into eyes wondering if I needed the job... Later one of them asked anymore question they all said no... Last last I collect my Tfare to n fro, because me and one other guy that came all the way from Zaria, Kaduna change the matter, the Hausa guy shouted... So u invited me all the way from Zaria to come and sell drugs in Lagos walahi I no go gree... Naso we dabaru the thing.

2 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 25, 2020
chukzyfcbb:

Exam is atleast 120k can't say now that $$$ has risen to 385.

Training is up to you to figure out.
The 120k is it the total money you would spend in having the certification??
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by DonroxyII: 2:24am On Apr 25, 2020
Futurejoy:

Your English is still bad. I can’t waste my data to go and check your Facebook page.
You people really have problem. Go to England and ask an english to speak the guy's language with correct dictions. Also ask the English to write in the guy's language bearing all the vocabulary rules attached to his language.

I'm not in support of Gbagaun but once you point out the errors and issued corrections, let the rest off.

Anybody wey wan catch my english should tell England people to come speak Yoruba too ... Aiye oo le toyen (Life no hard) .... Our wahala is too much here for Southern Nigeria. In the North, Hausa is the Lingua Franca both Online and Offline except for serious official engagement.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by DonroxyII: 2:28am On Apr 25, 2020
yeme7:

You are very stupid
Ignore her.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by anthonyuncle(m): 2:49am On Apr 25, 2020
IamgratefulLord:
Hmmmm....
I went for an interview as a teacher in a very big school in Gwarinpa, Abuja. (Expensive)
I live in kuje, on the day of the interview I left my house by 6am in the morning and got to the school at about 7.30am. The interview was for 8 a.m. Na so the proprietress come tell me to write application letter, write another letter about how I encountered Jesus, write a lesson note on Computer softwares ( System and application softwares) , then do teaching practice. After that na so the madam come interview me. I was there till 5pm.
I passed the exams, did well with the lesson notes, and also the oral interview.
Time to tell me my salary, the madam said that she would pay me 40k. My ears went deaf for about 2 minutes, I kept saying sorry... Sorry... Sorry... As if I didn't understand what she said.
I told her thank you and left.
When I got home I said to myself: why slave for someone and earn that peanut!! tongue
40k? Most Private school owners are wicked, they collect millions as school fees and pay their staff peanuts. I have a Bsc degree.
I also have a PGD in Education and a TRCN certificate and I also have a passion to teach.
I called my mum and told her I wanted to start my own school in kuje, my mum surprised me and sent me a huge sum of money to start my school. It was like film trick.
Today to the glory of God I have my own school. I bless God I didn't accept that offer.
wink Sometimes you just have to push yourself to achieve your dream.
I treat my staff well too. smiley

how much do u pay ur teachers
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by TechCapon(m): 6:54am On Apr 25, 2020
awuri4:
My first interview was with a multi national coy in ph. I came top in the aptitude test. So they invited us for the interview immediately. The panel was 3 members. Boom the first question was the relationship between physics and HSE. Men my head went blank. But i managed to to fabricate some points n expain. Next the lady said i should brief them as a safety officer, which i did. They promise to get back to me, even collected my phone, gave me 2k t fair. My guys thats the end. Later heard the job was hijjecked by who is who. I thank God my private biz is sustaining me n my family. I wouldnt mind attending some more interview. I have spent some money doing certifications so i must work to recover my cash, ( ndt, irata rope access, nebosh hse, bosiet, etc)

[color=#006600][/color]
you really have nice certifications. I did HSE 123 not too long ago, I'll like to do nebosh real soon. I'm in ph as well. Do you think the lockdown will affect anything in terms of recruitment?
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Sezua(m): 7:13am On Apr 25, 2020
Vasgas:

What she needed to do was to take note of the first person question and after each one of them had finished asking his/her question

She should look to the person she can remember his question and give her response.
Then look to another person and ask him tat his question.

I believe when under pressure, prioritizing should b the key.

I always attend interviews with a notepad. In this kind of situation i try to exhibit some kind of boldness and even ask for the name of the person asking the question.
I just write the question down with the names by the side If them don finish with their questions. I'll start giving answers one by one
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Vasgas: 7:41am On Apr 25, 2020
Sezua:

I always attend interviews with a notepad. In this kind of situation i try to exhibit some kind of boldness and even ask for the name of the person asking the question.
I just write the question down with the names by the side If them don finish with their questions. I'll start giving answers one by one

Nice.
in some cases, interviewers tend to throw an applicant of balance and see how he will cope.
But when you show uncommon confidence, you made a point already.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Futurejoy(f): 8:34am On Apr 25, 2020
yeme7:

You are very stupid
Thank you, do you still have more?
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:59am On Apr 25, 2020
ultimate77:

Thank you very much bro. By practice I mean experience yea.. Hands on. I don't have any one there mehn.. That means I'll need like 4.5m to think of moving right? Money no be here sha. Lol. E go better, this country don taya person.
N4.5M you don't really need to have it, that money will assist people who don't have any job offer in Canada so they can sustain themselves for the meantime. Even if you have N1.2 M with a job offer no problem. You can tell someone to gift you (please loan is not allowed). If you have steady flow of good money too that counts, if you have crypto currency/ forex with big size just cash them out as they are not allowed in raw form.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by omorttee4u(m): 9:07am On Apr 25, 2020
laivwire:

Do you know how many people hope for a chance of an interview? Some folks may not be so good at aptitude tests but excel when given the chance to express themselves verbally/ face to face especially sales roles.

As an interviewer, interviews can be so time consuming, physically exhausting and takes precious time you can use to meet your professional targets.

Any company whose prospective recruits know better than the managers should check themselves again so I wonder which ideas they're stealing.

We enjoy in respect to interviews here. Try professional interviews in multinational coys, if you pass video interviews alone you're lucky

Oh you don't seem to get my point. Why do they have to invite many candidate for a post.? .

Have been to an interview. And was asked, why you should be consider for the post. When you make reasonable comment, you see the look on their face.

So, out 100 candidate, you only need 3. 70 give you difference reason that you think is cool. Tell me, wouldn't you save those idea and implement it to the company.

Let me give you an example of Federal Government job. Where Senators are given slots, no rigorous screening. Does it mean they are incompetence ?..

Every job is by instructions. You really don't need to invite much people to get the target. It's just my opinion. Have see where a big company invite just one candidate for an interview and he got taken.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by ultimate77(m): 9:38am On Apr 25, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
N4.5M you don't really need to have it, that money will assist people who don't have any job offer in Canada so they can sustain themselves for the meantime. Even if you have N1.2 M with a job offer no problem. You can tell someone to gift you (please loan is not allowed). If you have steady flow of good money too that counts, if you have crypto currency/ forex with big size just cash them out as they are not allowed in raw form.

May I chat you up on WhatsApp please?

1 Like

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Stephenmoka4(m): 10:08am On Apr 25, 2020
ultimate77:

May I chat you up on WhatsApp please?
Sure if you wanna, 081 132 -619 85
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by awuri4: 10:51am On Apr 25, 2020
Elvis506:

nice certifications....bros abeg whats the estimation for rope access, bosiet and nebosh?
bosiet is 430k, nebosh is 350k, rope access is 300k,

1 Like

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by awuri4: 10:53am On Apr 25, 2020
TechCapon:
you really have nice certifications. I did HSE 123 not too long ago, I'll like to do nebosh real soon. I'm in ph as well. Do you think the lockdown will affect anything in terms of recruitment?
job market is dynamic. Some will be sacked some will be employed.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by TheGreatIYANU: 4:12pm On Apr 25, 2020
chiboyo:

Yeah..
A cadet Pilot then...

Nice. Where did you train?

Ps: my younger bro flies with Ibom.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Yohh: 7:19am On Apr 26, 2020
Dmeji4444:
I am Muslim that wear beards. On that d, interviewer shifted from the major interview and started asking about Boko Haram immediately he checked my name on the CV.

questions like;

What do you know about Boko Haram?

How do you feel if you hear the news about the members of the sect being killed?

I smiled, picked my CV from his desk then walked out.

I love your nerves.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Yohh: 7:23am On Apr 26, 2020
fatymore:
I was asked if I can stopped using my hijab...

Not niqab oooo.

All these short hijab/scarves that can be tuck in.

My prayer is to get to where I can have a level playing field for all irrespective of your religion. cry
U will by God's grace

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

VIDEO: Over 30,000 fill Pakistan's stadium for only 1,100 advertised police job / NYSC Aptitude Test Holding On Saturday 21st December / Healthstream Alliance Called Me For An Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.