Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? (28650 Views)

My Funny Interview Experience With A Foreign Firm / My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki / My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by fatymore(f): 8:58am On Apr 26, 2020
Yohh:

U will by God's grace
thanks Sir

1 Like

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Xopoh: 8:55am On Apr 30, 2020
miketayo:
After series of questions and answers, the interviewer who was the CEO asked me how much I wanted, It was a startup in ikeja, I didn't want to ask for too much or too little, so I answered "100,000".
The interviewer adjusted his tie and seat, he started sweating I knew they couldn't afford me right there.
He said am I willing to go lower, I asked him how much was he willing to pay he said 25k.
I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. 25k for a software developer.

Hello Miketayo,

I have some projects i am working on and i will need someone to work with (remotely). Hit me up if you are interested. (8168536553)
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by lowkeybahdguy(m): 10:20am On Apr 30, 2020
domido:
7 obasa str,Ikeja. Pls never go there. If they were using someone's head for ritual my enemy would have been a victim. We went thinking it was an interview. In a hall of over 100 people or so they asked us not to communicate. They had like 4 people in the hall. We were been called. After some time, one of them said her dream was to have an estate with an airport in it. I Was just observing them. After sometime, i carry my bag waka. Only for me to meet some ot hers outside and we discovered one of the reasons they don't want us discussing is that they each sent everyone of us mails with different company name. The one I pity was the girl that came from port Harcourt.
thank God I came out of it sha.
But God go punish those people.

I had a similar experience in 2017. I left my PPA at Ekiti State to attend the interview somewhere around there in Ikeja. I received invite at noon for interview the next day at Ikeja. I had never been to Lagos before. I left Ekiti almost 3pm arrived Lagos at about 9 pm and had to camp at Mafoluku with a friend for the night with the plan of returning to Ekiti the next day after the interview due to paucity of funds. I basically borrowed money to attend the interview. Early morning I use Google map and street smarts to locate the interview which was scheduled for 8am.

First thing I observed when I arrived was that I was over dressed compared to other prospective interviewees. For a job with a promised salary of 150k, I thought this was weird, but wetin concern me. We got in and the bastards made rule of not talking to each other in a room of almost 100 people.

Later we were called in turns to submit hardcopies of our CV and the HR or whoever he was who received my CV looked up with surprise when he saw my qualifications and law degree as if I was over qualified for the job. He asked quizzically why would a lawyer want 'this kind of job'? in my mind I was like are you alright? an administrative supervisory role that offered 150k per month, what was wrong with a lawyer applying for that?

Then different bastards took turns at giving aimless lectures about job insecurity in Nigeria, bla bla bla.. Time was 1pm already still no sign of interviewing the large crowd assembled. I was starting to worry as I had to live Lagos by latest 3pm in order not to be stranded as I didn't have any money other than my tp remaining.

due to the stress of the previous day's journey, plus sleeping on the bare floor the previous night, I hadn't eaten all day yet and the very many aimless lectures I was starting to get tired and I closed my eyes for all of 5 seconds.

Immediately the very arrogant bastard who appeared to be the leader whatsoever said I should stand up and leave, because I was sleeping. By this time it was already some minutes to 3pm and I was too tired and angry to protest. I just stood up with my portmanteau and took my leave.

I traced my way to Berger and left Lagos some at about 4pm. It was a stressful journey back home. Had issues I think at Oyo state. I ran out of cash and there was no POS or atm around in a city center!! I trekked a good distance before I finally got a POS to withdraw at a filling station.

Long story short I got home past 11pm. the only meal I had eaten was Coke and gala I bought at Berger. Till tomorrow I feel so angry with myself for not retrieving my CV from those bastards and screaming and cussing them out for wasting my time and lean resources. That expedition cost me a month worth of stress as I had to repay the money I borrowed for the trip.

The level of risk and exploitation unemployed people go through in Nigeria tho. They could have been ritualists I swear. There are so many odds I observed but for brevity I can't disclose now.

I hustle so hard now, so that my kids never have to experience such.

#Update picture of the interview notification I received, with the address. I went searching for it in my archive today 8/2/22. I shake my head in fury and disgust whenever I remember my ordeal.

I hope people see this and don't fall for the gimmicks especially now when ritual murder is very rampant.

#PS always inform someone of the exact address you're going to for whatever. The heart of man is wicked. I was lucky I didn't end up worse than I did.

1 Like

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by domido(m): 12:54pm On Apr 30, 2020
lowkeybahdguy:

I had a similar experience in 2017. I left my PPA at Ekiti State to attend the interview somewhere around there in Ikeja. I received invite at noon for interview the next day at Ikeja. I had never been to Lagos before. I left Ekiti almost 3pm arrived Lagos at about 9 pm and had to camp at Mafoluku with a friend for the night with the plan of returning to Ekiti the next day after the interview due to paucity of funds. I basically borrowed money to attend the interview. Early morning I use Google map and street smarts to locate the interview which was scheduled for 8am.

First thing I observed when I arrived was that I was over dressed compared to other prospective interviewees. For a job with a promised salary of 150k, I thought this was weird, but wetin concern me. We got in and the bastards made rule of not talking to each other in a room of almost 100 people.

Later we were called in turns to submit hardcopies of our CV and the HR or whoever he was who received my CV looked up with surprise when he saw my qualifications and law degree as if I was over qualified for the job. He asked quizzically why would a lawyer want 'this kind of job'? in my mind I was like are you alright? an administrative supervisory role that offered 150k per month, what was wrong with a lawyer applying for that?

Then different bastards took turns at giving aimless lectures about job insecurity in Nigeria, bla bla bla.. Time was 1pm already still no sign of interviewing the large crowd assembled. I was starting to worry as I had to live Lagos by latest 3pm in order not to be stranded as I didn't have any money other than my tp remaining.

due to the stress of the previous day's journey, plus sleeping on the bare floor the previous night, I hadn't eaten all day yet and the very many aimless lectures I was starting to get tired and I closed my eyes for all of 5 seconds.

Immediately the very arrogant bastard who appeared to be the leader whatsoever said I should stand up and leave, because I was sleeping. By this time it was already some minutes to 3pm and I was too tired and angry to protest. I just stood up with my portmanteau and took my leave.

I traced my way to Berger and left Lagos some at about 4pm. It was a stressful journey back home. Had issues I think at Oyo state. I ran out of cash and there was no POS or atm around in a city center!! I trekked a good distance before I finally got a POS to withdraw at a filling station.

Long story short I got home past 11pm. the only meal I had eaten was Coke and gala I bought at Berger. Till tomorrow I feel so angry with myself for not retrieving my CV from those bastards and screaming and cussing them out for wasting my time and lean resources. That expedition cost me a month worth of stress as I had to repay the money I borrowed for the trip.

The level of risk and exploitation unemployed people go through in Nigeria tho. They could have been ritualists I swear. There are so many odds I observed but for brevity I can't disclose now.

I feel your pain bro. Those guys are something else. Really had it been they were ritualist it would have been very easy for them. I was really scared after that day. Since then before I go for any interview I make sure I check it out online very well.

Thank God you were even sent home. They're not giving any jobs. Don't mind them.

1 Like

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by heykims(m): 6:31pm On Jun 02, 2020
I was a fresh graduate from medical school and it was a written exam for house job, first stage before the oral interview.
Only God knows why on earth I took suya a night before and I was purging. I was very pressed with runny stomach during the exam but was just forcing myself to continue, to make matter worse, the paper5was tough.
I eventually succumbed to that call of nature and quickly took permission and dashed to the toilet.
I returned to the hall to see the exam was over and my script was over. I knew in my mind that I had to forget the job.
That was in Lautech Teaching hospital Ogbomoso.
Thank God it was a blessing in disguise as I eventually did my house job in a Federal medical center.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Elvis506(m): 12:06am On Mar 25, 2021
awuri4:
bosiet is 430k, nebosh is 350k, rope access is 300k,
thank you bros.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Nobody: 4:55am On Mar 25, 2021
lowkeybahdguy:

Eeya sorry oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

VIDEO: Over 30,000 fill Pakistan's stadium for only 1,100 advertised police job / NYSC Aptitude Test Holding On Saturday 21st December / 774,000: 4 PhD, 200 Masters Degrees Holders Apply For FG's N20k Unskilled Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.