Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,278 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

China To Donate Additional $30M To WHO Following US Halt In Funding - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / China To Donate Additional $30M To WHO Following US Halt In Funding (418 Views)

FMN To Donate 36,000 COVID-19 Test Kits, 75 Ventilators & 331,000 PPEs To NCDC / Jack Dorsey To Donate $1 Billion To Fund Global COVID-19 Relief / China To Donate 1,000 Ventilators To Help New York In Coronavirus Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China To Donate Additional $30M To WHO Following US Halt In Funding by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 24, 2020

China on Thursday announced it was planning to donate $30 million in additional funding for the World Health Organization (WHO) in the fight against COVID-19, shortly after the Trump administration suspended its own contributions over criticisms of the global health body.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying wrote on Twitter that the new funding brings Beijing’s total contributions to $50 million for the global response against coronavirus.

“China has decided to donate additional $30 million in cash to WHO to support its global fight against #COVID19, in particular strengthening developing countries' health systems," Hua wrote. "China already donated $20 million in cash to WHO on March 11."

“At this crucial moment, supporting WHO is supporting Multilateralism and Global Solidarity," she added.

China has sought to shape the narrative that it is a leader in the global response to coronavirus and play down accusations it covered up the initial threat the viral outbreak posed to the world.

The new Chinese contributions to the WHO come as the Trump administration has criticized the global health body for failing to hold Beijing accountable for the worldwide spread of the novel coronavirus.

President Trump announced last week his administration was halting funding to the WHO for a period of up to three months pending a review. The U.S. is the largest individual donor to the global health body.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/494310-china-to-donate-additional-30m-to-who-following-us-halt-in-funding
Re: China To Donate Additional $30M To WHO Following US Halt In Funding by Jashub: 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
They started the virus so its logical they help fight the virus.

1 Like

Re: China To Donate Additional $30M To WHO Following US Halt In Funding by SwiftBaker: 12:40pm On Apr 24, 2020
This, is a vindication of Trump's " America First " policy. The U.S.A is done being big brother to all nations. Let those whose economy has progressed beyond their wildest imaginations take up some of the responsibilities. To whom much is given, much more is expected.
Re: China To Donate Additional $30M To WHO Following US Halt In Funding by Auto200: 12:49pm On Apr 24, 2020
look at what china caused . even old clients no wan pay again!

small money when person chop remain for nigeria after christmas don d finish. pay rent next week , water and internet, party go just scatter !!!

abeg make i drop aza? i d talk my own as e be me oh!! make una help fellow hustler. Quote me if you like , na my mind i talk ... no be person i kee!!

[b][/b]E NO GO BETTER FOR CHINA OHH!!!!
Re: China To Donate Additional $30M To WHO Following US Halt In Funding by WaleGab: 3:30pm On Apr 24, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusRelo:

China on Thursday announced it was planning to donate $30 million in additional funding for the World Health Organization (WHO) in the fight against COVID-19, shortly after the Trump administration suspended its own contributions over criticisms of the global health body.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying wrote on Twitter that the new funding brings Beijing’s total contributions to $50 million for the global response against coronavirus.

“China has decided to donate additional $30 million in cash to WHO to support its global fight against #COVID19, in particular strengthening developing countries' health systems," Hua wrote. "China already donated $20 million in cash to WHO on March 11."

“At this crucial moment, supporting WHO is supporting Multilateralism and Global Solidarity," she added.

China has sought to shape the narrative that it is a leader in the global response to coronavirus and play down accusations it covered up the initial threat the viral outbreak posed to the world.

The new Chinese contributions to the WHO come as the Trump administration has criticized the global health body for failing to hold Beijing accountable for the worldwide spread of the novel coronavirus.

President Trump announced last week his administration was halting funding to the WHO for a period of up to three months pending a review. The U.S. is the largest individual donor to the global health body.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/494310-china-to-donate-additional-30m-to-who-following-us-halt-in-funding

[/s]
Re: China To Donate Additional $30M To WHO Following US Halt In Funding by baralatie(m): 6:14pm On Apr 24, 2020
it remains $370 million

(1) (Reply)

NEWSCOVID-19: Witches Attack Apostle Suleman / Corona Virus -use Your Head. / Covid19: Pastor, Imam And 27 Others Arrested For Flouting Govt. Order In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.