Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Tips In Playing Pes - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Tips In Playing Pes (14491 Views)

Need Help In Playing Online Pes 2019 On Pc / What Upsets You The Most In Playing Video Games And How Do You React? / Got My Grandma An Xbox As A Joke For Xmas And Now She's Been Playing For 3 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips In Playing Pes by Ferrocene: 12:07pm On Apr 24, 2020
Guys I started playing pes 2020 on ps4 with my uncle though he's way better than I am, he wins me alot but sometimes I do try and get to extra time but recently the 2020 got corrupted and we had no choice than to play the 2019 but ever since then he always win me with far margin I think he has some special control he do press I don't know he won't tell me

I want you guys to explain and show me how to go about the controls in scoring attacking and defending
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Collinz2(m): 2:46pm On Apr 24, 2020
Find the right tactics that will work best for you by analysing it and play alot of competition with cpu on superstar or higher level.
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Collinz2(m): 2:48pm On Apr 24, 2020
Know when to pass the ball, when to shoot and when to use through pass. Most importantly learn how to use special control shot (R2 + SQUARE) i dont miss one on one with that.

2 Likes

Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 25, 2020
Collinz2:
Know when to pass the ball, when to shoot and when to use through pass. Most importantly learn how to use special control shot (R2 + SQUARE) i dont miss one on one with that.

Actually controlled shot mostly used for wide shots not One on ones

If you want to use one on ones I recommend

(L1+SQUARE) that's for high shot

1 Like

Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Collinz2(m): 6:02pm On Apr 25, 2020
Fastestmanalive:

Actually controlled shot mostly used for wide shots not One on ones

If you want to use one on ones I recommend

(L1+SQUARE) that's for high shot
I prefer the R2 shot to loop on one on one situations, i only use loop when i want to show off.
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 25, 2020
Collinz2:
I prefer the R2 shot to loop on one on one situations, i only use loop when i want to show off.

Showing off is my pes life grin
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Hongkongfukid(m): 9:13pm On Apr 25, 2020
You can as well save L1+BOX shot . All you need is to on GK cursor and good timing
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Collinz2(m): 10:36pm On Apr 25, 2020
Fastestmanalive:

Showing off is my pes life grin
Especially when you are doing some psychological damages to your opponent grin (IN JIM BEGLIN'S VOICE)
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 25, 2020
Collinz2:
Especially when you are doing some psychological damages to your opponent grin (IN JIM BEGLIN'S VOICE)

More and more and more and more they are running riot grin ( ALSO IN JIM BEGLINS VOICE) grin

1 Like

Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Ferrocene: 11:38pm On Apr 25, 2020
Thanks for your replies guys but there is this thing that he does he scores at distances from the goal post unlike me who have be one on one with the keeper, how do I do that??

1 Like

Re: Tips In Playing Pes by chingle5(m): 12:22am On Apr 26, 2020
Ferrocene:
Thanks for your replies guys but there is this thing that he does he scores at distances from the goal post unlike me who have be one on one with the keeper, how do I do that??

knuckle shot.........go and learn it .......
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Ferrocene: 12:28am On Apr 26, 2020
chingle5:

knuckle shot.........go and learn it .......
guess I have to watch YouTube for this
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Collinz2(m): 9:38am On Apr 26, 2020
Fastestmanalive:

More and more and more and more they are running riot grin ( ALSO IN JIM BEGLINS VOICE) grin
Their commentary makes the game more fun.
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Collinz2(m): 9:39am On Apr 26, 2020
Ferrocene:
YOT CAN GO TO TRAINING TO LEARN MORE.
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by chingle5(m): 12:50pm On Apr 26, 2020
Ferrocene:

guess I have to watch YouTube for this

if it is that one can video call I will teach u what u need to no let me just type so coz it can be lengthy ............. this are trick I use to beat people even people that eat and wake up with the game

the basic stuff...
1 always use r2 + box when u are in the box 18 or maybe 1 on 1 with the keeper .....the important thing is don't just press the button u have to press it with the directional button either to the right side or the left side

2 when the keeper is almost near u and it is a 1 on 1 situation sometime the r2 + box might not work the best option will be to lob it that is chipping bt dont use L1 + box coz it is advance people that should use it for beginner the best bet will be L1 + R2 + box cos in most of the latest pes u still need to direct the ball which cant be pretty hard in the air that is why you also need to use R2 coz R2 is for controlled shot that is it sacrifice power for accuracy .... just no that R2 is very powerful u can also use L2 to substitute the R2 bt that one is for advance players (manual direction)

3 Always use 2 men marking ........ in the latest pes 2 men marking is very powerful cos it literally turns a loser to a challenging opponent .......now there are two types of 2 men marking the aggressive and the controlled type the aggressive one is R1 + BOX + X .... i won't talk abt the other one coz it is all abt timing and it can be a pain typing it

4 you should always do calculated sliding .......... just play training so times and learn how to perfect the art of sliding ..... if my opponent plays a tru ball and it results in a situation that he is in a 1 on 1 situation with my keeper but he has not entered that box 18 ....... when u command ur defender to chase the striker the best bet is to slide him coz most of the striker are sometimes stronger in a game of body challenge with the defenders so it is better to slide him down bt don't do it inside the box 18 .....coz u will just win double jackpot .............RED Card nd Penalty

i do this most of the time to my friends and the just feel like breaking my head especially when the referee will just award me with yellow card or sometimes no card in most cases cos I know how to slide like mad.......it is a calculated something it just gets better with time

5 when u marking you opponent will a 1 men marking u want to press X button x2 that is pressing it 2 times when u get close to the opponent bt it is can of automatic when u use 2 men marking ...........i have forgotten the name but when ur player is close by u double tap the X button which makes the player stretch his leg to quickly win the ball ......... u just need to no this ........ that is also y 2 men is important nd powerful because it is important

6 always use keeper cursor especially against people that can carry free-kick inside u want to be able to position ur keeper in the middle or to in the direction to whr the opponent is going to kick the ball to ............ not just being in that extreme edge the computer will put ur keeper .......... go and learn that 1 I just cant be telling ur my secrets

7 also very important if u are playing pes from 2017 upward cos I play 2016 nd 15 a little bt 2017 upward ..............u want to always use cross and nod when u are in the opponent crossing side, cos what people don't know or maybe they no and they are just ignorant of it, is cross and nod is over-powered in pes 17 upward bt in Fifa u have to control everything which makes the game a little bit difficult ............... if u want to always win cross and nod use a striker that can nod e.g Ronaldo and let him play the middle position that Suarez use to play ...that middle position front......so anytime u want to cross use L1 + O DONT use just O nd if u put tall striker like Ibrahimovic u want to use L1 + R2 + O .......just try this buttons in pes during training and u will c the reason why I said u should use that cos those crossing techniques are different

8 Try and play like Barca ...........teamwork is the key even if u don't win try to perfect the art of teamwork .........most people no me for dat I play nearest man game .............most times i just tap, tap, tap and go nd score nd the opponent will not even collect the ball ..........just teamwork ....

9 defending cross and nod i always have 70% defending it which turns out to b easy to defend bt most people dont no hw bt that again is another secret i cant share

10 Dark secret ............... this has to do with psychology ...................i use it a lot when I play with people It called Mind Game in professional poker games they don't always people to discuss or just pause and think in a serious game mostly betting they don't allow people to talk or interfere WHY ............... In most of my games, I play Mind game with people for example in my former hostel in unilag .....when I play with one certain LAW student he is always complaining that I play mind games so anytime we play he always get his earpiece ready so he doesn't hear what I have to say ............... most of the time I just say very funny things or I beg them to beat me small small in a very funny way for example I can say " guy abeg try take am small small dey flog me because as I dey nw I fit c the frustration insight (also trying to gesticulate the action with my hand) ...... as u go take injury me ......... because ur face says it all ................... and if it get to them, there head will start swallowing which makes them to think that they are in total control of the situation ........they will be thinking that Ase le le yi ........u get the idea nd when they have the chance to be in a 1 on 1 situation with u goal keeper just say something like " this one mtcheww , he no fit score am, this one they look he go lose am " and try to say it loud that the person will hear all this is to create a sense of doubt ....a shake in the person's self-believe......................anyway that will be all for now

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips In Playing Pes by chingle5(m): 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
knuckle shot pes 13 [url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nverjOHuDbw][/url]

Just 15 seconds video nt even up to 1 mb just watch to c what i am talking abt
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by chingle5(m): 2:33pm On Apr 26, 2020
i will like to show u my PES 17 knuckle shot bt i hv delete the game
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Hongkongfukid(m): 3:18pm On Apr 26, 2020
Wetin concern me with R2 when tap in dey . I like people who decide to play defensive line alot, all my 1 on 1 goal is just to head the ball over your GK or place the ball before it touches the groud .
with my 3CFs and my AMF the rest is history.

i also like people who like crossing alot because my marking is mainly based on forcing you out wide and attack you through the center.

i get 50-50 chance of saving L1+BOX Shot na to just pess triangle and make the person think you are bringing out your goal keeper , the moment you realise your goalkeeper is almost close just on the goal keeper cursor and drag him back a bit he won't fall to the bait
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Ferrocene: 9:24pm On Apr 26, 2020
[qquote author=chingle5 post=88871811]

if it is that one can video call I will teach u what u need to no let me just type so coz it can be lengthy ............. this are trick I use to beat people even people that eat and wake up with the game

the basic stuff...
1 always use r2 + box when u are in the box 18 or maybe 1 on 1 with the keeper .....the important thing is don't just press the button u have to press it with the directional button either to the right side or the left side

2 when the keeper is almost near u and it is a 1 on 1 situation sometime the r2 + box might not work the best option will be to lob it that is chipping bt dont use L1 + box coz it is advance people that should use it for beginner the best bet will be L1 + R2 + box cos in most of the latest pes u still need to direct the ball which cant be pretty hard in the air that is why you also need to use R2 coz R2 is for controlled shot that is it sacrifice power for accuracy .... just no that R2 is very powerful u can also use L2 to substitute the R2 bt that one is for advance players (manual direction)

3 Always use 2 men marking ........ in the latest pes 2 men marking is very powerful cos it literally turns a loser to a challenging opponent .......now there are two types of 2 men marking the aggressive and the controlled type the aggressive one is R1 + BOX + X .... i won't talk abt the other one coz it is all abt timing and it can be a pain typing it

4 you should always do calculated sliding .......... just play training so times and learn how to perfect the art of sliding ..... if my opponent plays a tru ball and it results in a situation that he is in a 1 on 1 situation with my keeper but he has not entered that box 18 ....... when u command ur defender to chase the striker the best bet is to slide him coz most of the striker are sometimes stronger in a game of body challenge with the defenders so it is better to slide him down bt don't do it inside the box 18 .....coz u will just win double jackpot .............RED Card nd Penalty

i do this most of the time to my friends and the just feel like breaking my head especially when the referee will just award me with yellow card or sometimes no card in most cases cos I know how to slide like mad.......it is a calculated something it just gets better with time

5 when u marking you opponent will a 1 men marking u want to press X button x2 that is pressing it 2 times when u get close to the opponent bt it is can of automatic when u use 2 men marking ...........i have forgotten the name but when ur player is close by u double tap the X button which makes the player stretch his leg to quickly win the ball ......... u just need to no this ........ that is also y 2 men is important nd powerful because it is important

6 always use keeper cursor especially against people that can carry free-kick inside u want to be able to position ur keeper in the middle or to in the direction to whr the opponent is going to kick the ball to ............ not just being in that extreme edge the computer will put ur keeper .......... go and learn that 1 I just cant be telling ur my secrets

7 also very important if u are playing pes from 2017 upward cos I play 2016 nd 15 a little bt 2017 upward ..............u want to always use cross and nod when u are in the opponent crossing side, cos what people don't know or maybe they no and they are just ignorant of it, is cross and nod is over-powered in pes 17 upward bt in Fifa u have to control everything which makes the game a little bit difficult ............... if u want to always win cross and nod use a striker that can nod e.g Ronaldo and let him play the middle position that Suarez use to play ...that middle position front......so anytime u want to cross use L1 + O DONT use just O nd if u put tall striker like Ibrahimovic u want to use L1 + R2 + O .......just try this buttons in pes during training and u will c the reason why I said u should use that cos those crossing techniques are different

8 Try and play like Barca ...........teamwork is the key even if u don't win try to perfect the art of teamwork .........most people no me for dat I play nearest man game .............most times i just tap, tap, tap and go nd score nd the opponent will not even collect the ball ..........just teamwork ....

9 defending cross and nod i always have 70% defending it which turns out to b easy to defend bt most people dont no hw bt that again is another secret i cant share

10 Dark secret ............... this has to do with psychology ...................i use it a lot when I play with people It called Mind Game in professional poker games they don't always people to discuss or just pause and think in a serious game mostly betting they don't allow people to talk or interfere WHY ............... In most of my games, I play Mind game with people for example in my former hostel in unilag .....when I play with one certain LAW student he is always complaining that I play mind games so anytime we play he always get his earpiece ready so he doesn't hear what I have to say ............... most of the time I just say very funny things or I beg them to beat me small small in a very funny way for example I can say " guy abeg try take am small small dey flog me because as I dey nw I fit c the frustration insight (also trying to gesticulate the action with my hand) ...... as u go take injury me ......... because ur face says it all ................... and if it get to them, there head will start swallowing which makes them to think that they are in total control of the situation ........they will be thinking that Ase le le yi ........u get the idea nd when they have the chance to be in a 1 on 1 situation with u goal keeper just say something like " this one mtcheww , he no fit score am, this one they look he go lose am " and try to say it loud that the person will hear all this is to create a sense of doubt ....a shake in the person's self-believe......................anyway that will be all for now [/quote]

Thanks for sharing all this with me but I have a question how do I control the keeper cursor and also the only way I play is hug the touch line which is affecting me cause he can predict my next move how do I get to play better
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 26, 2020
Collinz2:
Their commentary makes the game more fun.

Exactly wink

I sense you're a great pes player smiley
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Collinz2(m): 7:35am On Apr 27, 2020
Fastestmanalive:

Exactly wink

I sense you're a great pes player smiley
maybe, but back then when i was playing pes 2013 on lappy if i meet any opponent (pc, ps3 or ps4) eye will turn that person. I like playing pro players to learn more. Among my friends only one of them can beat me. There was a time we played a draw 8 - 8 on ps3 goals dey come like water.
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Collinz2(m): 7:52am On Apr 27, 2020
Ferrocene playing wide is not bad but learn to change playing style when you detect your opponent can predict your game style. Like me, I like long through pass but if my opponent knows and start intercepting them i switch to short passes and pinpoint crossing. Dont depend on one player like what most people do with Ronaldo if you get marked out you are doom. Learn to pass to any open player. Play around with different team (I started playing pes with PSG and their possessive game is used to me). Learn to play from one side of the pitch to another like if the middle is crowded pass the ball to the side. Know your opponent weak and strong point both in attacking and defending, some people know how to attack in the middle so keep the ball off the middle and keep them off the middle. If its from side do same. If they can defend from side attack from the middle.

1 Like

Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Hongkongfukid(m): 8:46am On Apr 27, 2020
attacking through the middle is best option
you must also learn to defend your playing pattern
you must be able to read opponent playing pattern during the match
if your opponent play short passes learn to defend their passing lane while applying teamate pressure. If you force your opponent to change their playing pattern the rest is history, unless your opponent can play both long and short passes
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Collinz2(m): 9:22am On Apr 27, 2020
Hongkongfukid:
if your opponent play short passes learn to defend their passing lane while applying teamate pressure. If you force your opponent to change their playing pattern the rest is history, unless your opponent can play both long and short passes
I trust myself for playing both passes.

1 Like

Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Ferrocene: 9:28am On Apr 27, 2020
[quote author=Collinz2 post=88898216]Ferrocene playing wide is not bad but learn to change playing style when you detect your opponent can predict your game style. Like me, I like long through pass but if my opponent knows and start intercepting them i switch to short passes and pinpoint crossing. Dont depend on one player like what most people do with Ronaldo if you get marked out you are doom. Learn to pass to any open player. Play around with different team (I started playing pes with PSG and their possessive game is used to me). Learn to play from one side of the pitch to another like if the middle is crowded pass the ball to the side. Know your opponent weak and strong point both in attacking and defending, some people know how to attack in the middle so keep the ball off the middle and keep them off the middle. If its from side do same. If they can defend from side attack from the middle.[/quote

Thanks will start working on it though I still battle with tension whenever I am one on one with keeper
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Ferrocene: 9:30am On Apr 27, 2020
Hongkongfukid:

Thanks boss he plays attacks full attacks I guess
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Collinz2(m): 10:12am On Apr 27, 2020
you dont know what to do thats why in such situation u get confused. one on one require 3 techniques:
1.lob - l1 + box (+ r1 to keep the ball down when the power is much but for advance players)
2. box + r2 + direction
3. dribble the keeper

bonus: u can shoot with direction also.

1 Like

Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Hongkongfukid(m): 10:12am On Apr 27, 2020
Ferrocene:

Thanks boss he plays attacks full attacks I guess

watch out for player runs
learn how to use L1 + R3 to change cursor
i usually use 4-3-3 (DM-CM-AMF + 3CFs) attacking area - center + counter (no advance instruction) sometimes i put defensive on my DM

this formation allows me to attack through the center and it create balance between attacking and defending

my center CF must be a good passer and my side CFs must have speed

when am 1 on 1 with opponent goal keeper my other CFs will provide option for me to pass to them
i may even decide to dribble his goal keeper, or lob him but some pple can defend lob shot .
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Ferrocene: 10:17am On Apr 27, 2020
Hongkongfukid:

watch out for player runs
learn how to use L1 + R3 to change cursor
i usually use 4-3-3 (DM-CM-AMF + 3CFs) attacking area - center + counter (no advance instruction) sometimes i put defensive on my DM

this formation allows me to attack through the center and it create balance between attacking and defending

my center CF must be a good passer and my side CFs must have speed

when am 1 on 1 with opponent goal keeper my other CFs will provide option for me to pass to them
i may even decide to dribble his goal keeper, or lob him but some pple can defend lob shot .

Noted but I think to change cursor it's only L1, by the way what is R3
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Hongkongfukid(m): 10:31am On Apr 27, 2020
Ferrocene:

Noted but I think to change cursor it's only L1, by the way what is R3
R3 is the right analog

L1 + RIGHT ANALOG enables you to change cursor to any player you want

example when you see your opponent's forward trying to run behind your defence use L1 + Right analog pointed toward your defender to change to that defender , and just follow his run
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Ferrocene: 10:57am On Apr 27, 2020
Hongkongfukid:

R3 is the right analog

L1 + RIGHT ANALOG enables you to change cursor to any player you want

example when you see your opponent's forward trying to run behind your defence use L1 + Right analog pointed toward your defender to change to that defender , and just follow his run

Now I see but is there any difference between this and only L1 cause L1 can also do same
Re: Tips In Playing Pes by Hongkongfukid(m): 11:17am On Apr 27, 2020
Ferrocene:

Now I see but is there any difference between this and only L1 cause L1 can also do same
yes
ordinary L1 is control by AI while L1+R3 is manual cursor change
ai can change cursor to wrong player when u are being attacked

example when attack is coming from the wing and your opponent try to cross you can use L1+R3 To change cursor to your CB to put him in good position to defend the crossing
OR
When your opponent try to play through ball from the wide area when he is on counter against you ordinary L1 can't change cursor to your CB in this situation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Help Pls, How Can I Run Pes 2016 / Official FIFA 17 Thread (pc/xbox/playstation) / Installing PES Patch On Ps3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.