Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,546 members, 7,809,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus (66628 Views)

Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash / Coronavirus: Outcry After Trump Suggests Injecting Disinfectant As Treatment / Boris Johnson Tests Positive For Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by Chiboynj(m): 12:24pm On Apr 24, 2020
Trump suggests 'injection' of disinfectant to beat coronavirus and 'clean' the lungs

President Donald Trump suggested the possibility of an "injection" of disinfectant into a person infected with the coronavirus as a deterrent to the virus during his daily briefing Thursday.

Trump made the remark after Bill Bryan, who leads the Department of Homeland Security's science and technology division, gave a presentation on research his team has conducted that shows that the virus doesn't live as long in warmer and more humid temperatures. Bryan said, "The virus dies quickest in sunlight," leaving Trump to wonder whether you could bring the light "inside the body."

"So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it's ultraviolet or just a very powerful light — and I think you said that hasn't been checked because of the testing," Trump said, speaking to Bryan during the briefing. "And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're going to test that, too."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv49yUKi3Zc

He added: "I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."

He didn't specify the kind of disinfectant.

Medical professionals, including Dr. Vin Gupta, a pulmonologist, global health policy expert and an NBC News and MSNBC contributor. were quick to challenge the president's "improper health messaging."

“This notion of injecting or ingesting any type of cleansing product into the body is irresponsible and it’s dangerous," said Gupta. "It’s a common method that people utilize when they want to kill themselves."

The maker of Lysol also issued a statement warning against any internal use of the cleaning product.

The president has repeatedly touted unproven treatments during the daily briefings on COVID-19, the disease associated with the coronavirus. For instance, he has touted hydroxychloroquine as a potential "game changer," but health officials have strongly cautioned against it.

An Arizona man died in late March after having ingested chloroquine phosphate — believing it would protect him from becoming infected with the coronavirus. The man's wife told NBC News that she had watched televised briefings during which Trump talked about the potential benefits of chloroquine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1191216

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by DaddyGngeess(m): 12:27pm On Apr 24, 2020
This man self

127 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by DabuIIIT: 12:28pm On Apr 24, 2020
I'm sure Trump spoke with a certain jihadist no t too long ago
grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 24, 2020
Why is Trump talking like an Aboki?
Inject humans with disinfectants?! For fuckssakes!

225 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by seunmsg(m): 12:35pm On Apr 24, 2020
He has moved from prescribing chloroquine to injecting people with disinfectant. Trump may end up killing more people at the end of the day with his unverified prescriptions than the virus.

244 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by HundHunter(m): 12:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
Trump is loosing his sanity

God help and safe America.

199 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by PresidentAtiku(m): 12:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
seunmsg:
He has moved from prescribing chloroquine to injecting prople with disinfectant. Trump may end up killing more prople at the end of the day with his unverified prescriptions than the virus.
Are you a Yoruba muslim?

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by naijadefender: 12:51pm On Apr 24, 2020
Kolomental Trump......
even children writing WAEC will argue that disinfectant inside the body is poison.... Audio Prescription from an unstable mind

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by edoairways: 12:51pm On Apr 24, 2020
seunmsg:
He has moved from prescribing chloroquine to injecting prople with disinfectant. Trump may end up killing more prople at the end of the day with his unverified prescriptions than the virus.
Trump never said that

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by dmz1: 12:53pm On Apr 24, 2020
at least D Trump is seen, visible and in control of the different efforts to solve the covid 19 challenge in America. can we say the same thing of our president?

280 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by Izigha(m): 1:03pm On Apr 24, 2020
Trump is been Trump. Is only those that will follow his prescription that am wishing RIP in advance

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by GamalNasser: 1:20pm On Apr 24, 2020
Stupid fake news ...I watched the briefing and there was no where they said they would inject anyone with disinfectant , please disregard this Democrat fake propaganda !!!!! The briefing was about how sunlight and disinfectants killed the virus left on surfaces and had nothing to do with human body

330 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by GamalNasser: 1:20pm On Apr 24, 2020
Izigha:
Trump is been Trump. Is only those that will follow his prescription that am wishing RIP in advance

And you believe this nonsense, you see why say most of you have low IQ ko?

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by GamalNasser: 1:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
seunmsg:

Keep quiet he never said that , we all watched the briefing and it was clearly about destroying the Virus on surfaces with UV Ray's , sunlight and disinfectants ...And yes Chloroquine works against COVID and there is a lot of evidence about this ...See that you plan with Obama to turn America to a Muslim nation has failed so face your front ...

178 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by Dedetwo(m): 1:34pm On Apr 24, 2020
Chiboynj:
President Trump suggested injecting disinfectant that would clean your lungs and the use of ultraviolet light to fight the coronavirus.

Trump made the suggestion of injecting disinfectants into the body after the US Department of Homeland Security Acting Undersecretary William Bryan addressed research and development at Thursday’s White House coronavirus task force briefing.

WILLIAM BRYAN, DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY: We are also testing disinfectants, readily available. We have tested bleach, we have tested isopropyl alcohol on the virus specifically in saliva or respiratory fluids — I can tell you that bleach will kill the virus in five minutes, isopropyl alcohol will kill the virus in 30 seconds and that is with no manipulation no rubbing, just spring it on and leaving it go. You rub it and it goes away even faster. We are also looking at other disinfectants specifically looking at the COVID-19 virus in saliva.

This is not the end of our work as we continue to characterize this virus and integrate our findings into practical applications to mitigate exposure and transmission.

I would like [b]Continue Reading...[/b]

The above crap is one reason Nigeria is called shithole. USA is not Nigeria where fools are allowed to make silly comments. Is it the same Thursday’s White House coronavirus task force briefing which I watched live?

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by GamalNasser: 1:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
NockMedia:
Why is Trump talking like an Aboki?
Inject humans with disinfectants?! For fuckssakes!

If you are not dull you would have known this is fake news ooo

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by puremaker7(m): 1:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
PresidentAtiku:
Are you a Yoruba muslim?
no, he is ibo musleem

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by seunmsg(m): 1:51pm On Apr 24, 2020
PresidentAtiku:
Are you a Yoruba muslim?

No. I’m an Igbo atheist.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by nobaga: 1:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
You should be ashamed of yourself. Go and interpret your observation to those that listen to him and were alarmed.

Please go and join those Nigerians itching to demonstrate supporting him.

GamalNasser:
Stupid fake news ...I watched the briefing and there was no where they said they would inject anyone with disinfectant , please disregard this Democrat fake propaganda !!!!! The briefing was about how sunlight and disinfectants killed the virus left on surfaces and had nothing to do with human body

79 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by PresidentAtiku(m): 2:04pm On Apr 24, 2020
seunmsg:

No. I’m an Igbo atheist.
na them hate Trump

6 Likes

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by waledeji(m): 2:05pm On Apr 24, 2020
PresidentAtiku:
Are you a Yoruba muslim?
Are you ABA MADE JEW

120 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by Stalwert: 2:10pm On Apr 24, 2020
Imagine if we followed the unwise promotings of ipob and voted atiku where we will be by now? I have always said you will eventually lose if you are supported by ipob. They supported trump over 50,000 dead and he is recommending people swallowing disinfectants. They supported Brexit, UK has been struggling to leave and today can hardly secure PPE for their Health workers, they supported Bokoharam Nigeria Army is decimating them rapidly, their support equates deaths and destruction.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by Faithful007: 2:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
GamalNasser:
He actually suggested that, though not exactly straightforward. I watched the briefing. he was like, why not find a way to get the UV to the human body.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
GamalNasser:

If you are not dull you would have known this is fake news ooo
LOL I thought as much

3 Likes

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by PresidentAtiku(m): 3:37pm On Apr 24, 2020
waledeji:
Are you ABA MADE JEW
kiddo.... Common Move on

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by WaleGab: 3:53pm On Apr 24, 2020
[s]
waledeji:
Are you ABA MADE JEW
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by PresidentAtiku(m): 4:40pm On Apr 24, 2020
waledeji:
Aba Made Jew
common keep moving

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Obama: I Smoked 9 Cigarettes A Day In White House & Stopped When Malia Caught Me / Ukraine President Zelensky Involved In Car Accident (photos, video) / Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.