Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) (72146 Views)

MONEY Ritual On Youtube And Social Media Influence On Youth(disturbing pics) / Residents Beat IBEDC Staff For Trying To Disconnect Their Light. / Corper Accused Of Stealing Chicken Flogged With Rods & Cutlass (Disturbing Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 24, 2020
EagleSquare1:
You are implying that customers should bear the cost of upgrading the infrastructure? When the facilities were privatized the successful bidders were expected to rely on their expertise and financial capacity, and not to harass clients with outrageous estimated bills. Why, after so many years, haven’t the discos installed prepaid meters? For a small one bedroom apartment one is slammed with a monthly bill of 15,000 naira. This is pure fraud with blatant impunity! One way or the other the customers are forced to make their choices and take their chances!

Well, considering power is now in private hands, yes, consumers should bear the cost.

We already do so for GSM....because the GSM companies use the money we pay for their services for such purposes.

Welcome to privatization. GEJ in 2013 openly asked if we opposed the privatization of power. We all kept quiet. We should have made more noise.

If you owned a company, and people refused to pay for your services, you would be broke within minutes.

P.S

By the way, I find your comment

You are implying that customers should bear the cost of upgrading the infrastructure?

very very funny. Bros, where do you think that the GSM companies, the airline companies, even your local trader get the money to run their businesses.? In large part from...you guessed it, customer's money. CUSTOMER'S MONEY.

Or you think government gives your local supermarket owner money to run his business? Or the airlines take government money to run their businesses?

Nigeria is not a communist country. If you want it that way, better form a communist party, and nationalize power, among other things. DISCOS and GENCOS are now private companies. Welcome to capitalism.

Honestly, you Nigerians too like spoon feeding. grin

You have never run a business in your life, have you, oga?
Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by sleeknaija(m): 3:41pm On Apr 24, 2020
jaxxy:

Who said its free? Bt u have to use ur head, people can't work, sm may not get any salaries and u want them to pay u now? During this period I expect a sensible government to step in and reduce and defer bills even if they can't write them off.

All they do is talk about many things u can't confirm if it's real or Audio. Vague promises and whatnot

Now u are using ur head.. u are now directing your anger towards the right people (Federal Government) cheesy

I dont really blame those Discos for sending bills to customers cos they are simply doing business, our so called federal government is the problem with their so many AUDIO promises.. the Discos too are feeling the effect of Covid 19 now kiss cry

2 Likes

Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:42pm On Apr 24, 2020
Muckross1122:
An IBEDC Staff in Ogun state was beaten to Stupor for distributing Electricity bill.

https://www.facebook.com/347625639002296/posts/919207075177480/

I am sure that some people will liken this to a revolution.

That poor man was only doing his job. He has a family to cater for, and you beat him up for doing his job.

And yet, these people will think they are better than Buhari, and that they have the moral rights to criticize politicians and politicians' kids.

1 Like

Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by justmenoni: 3:43pm On Apr 24, 2020
Nigeria is truly a joke, why not send bills via post or via emails or create an app for users where you can access and pay your bills ?
Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by jaxxy(m): 3:43pm On Apr 24, 2020
sleeknaija:

Now u are using ur head.. u are now directing your anger towards the right people (Federal Government) cheesy

I dont really blame those Discos for sending bills to customers cos they are simply doing business, our so called federal government is the problem with their so many AUDIO promises.. the Discos too are feeling the effect of Covid 19 now kiss cry

That is true. I see ur point.

1 Like

Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by Kamil83(m): 3:44pm On Apr 24, 2020
Olalan:
This isn't fair....the guy is just doing his job, the cowards that did this would be the one who whole sell their vote for as low as 1000 to elect very bad leaders.
BTW all those involved must be dealt with to serve as a deterrent to others.

but to be sincere this is not the right time to be sharing bill, an hungry man is an angry man
Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by Proffdada: 3:44pm On Apr 24, 2020
Dreal1247:
These people are insensitive. At times you see them distributing over bloated estimated bills. But the poor man is carrying out the order from above.
he maybe a notorious "disconnector"
They can't just attack him randomly. He must be well known for disconnecting and demanding illegal reconnection fee

1 Like

Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by pacespot(m): 3:44pm On Apr 24, 2020
Served him right.
Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by 2016v2017: 3:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
Olalan:
This isn't fair....the guy is just doing his job, the cowards that did this would be the one who whole sell their vote for as low as 1000 to elect very bad leaders.
BTW all those involved must be dealt with to serve as a deterrent to others.
Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by babz11(m): 3:46pm On Apr 24, 2020
INSTANTCASH345:
Pathetic.

Time to trade Bitcoin & get some good profits.
Exchange rate now #397 to $1 for Bitcoin selling.
Sell $100 and get #39700.
Trade with me as well and get weekly profits from returns.

I need just 10 people to join me with 200 euro each to get massive monthly profits from trading. Each investor will get as low as 100 euro profit at the end of each month guaranteed.

I made 74 euro profits last week & I have been making it weekly with just 500 euro capital.Quote post to start investing now.

Another scam ,,??
Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by farem: 3:47pm On Apr 24, 2020
INSTANTCASH345:
Pathetic.

Time to trade Bitcoin & get some good profits.
Exchange rate now #397 to $1 for Bitcoin selling.
Sell $100 and get #39700.
Trade with me as well and get weekly profits from returns.

I need just 10 people to join me with 200 euro each to get massive monthly profits from trading. Each investor will get as low as 100 euro profit at the end of each month guaranteed.

I made 74 euro profits last week & I have been making it weekly with just 500 euro capital.Quote post to start investing now.

A good bizman does not talk without facts. Talk is cheap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by m140(m): 3:48pm On Apr 24, 2020
Dreal1247:
These people are insensitive. At times you see them distributing over bloated estimated bills. But the poor man is carrying out the order from above.
Lolzzzz, some errands dey wey person no dey go. I guess as he dey collect beating a lot will be running through his mind
Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by Nathphil(m): 3:49pm On Apr 24, 2020
Blackfire:
Yoruba people and toutiness ...

Why attack an official from carrying out his duties..

2 weeks lockdown have turn people mad
Must you show your self here. What they did to the man was not good but I guess the man must have said something to provoke the perpetrators. Nigeria government workers sometimes behave like gods.

1 Like

Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by otomatic(m): 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2020
That is why they should install prepaid meters . no need to visit people with the bills. Everyone will buy power credits online or with street vendors. But no, them too like "estimated" bill so they can bill for darkness.

2 Likes

Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by Nasa28(m): 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2020
ERockson:
Is this condemnable? I don't know sha. Country is not smiling and you are carrying Yeye bill around
If they decide to take your light, that's when the country will move from smiling to real crying
Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by ejimatic: 3:54pm On Apr 24, 2020
Muckross1122:
An IBEDC Staff in Ogun state was beaten to Stupor for distributing Electricity bill.

https://www.facebook.com/347625639002296/posts/919207075177480/
. Masses beating masses sent on an errand...When he was not forcing people to pay by trying to disconnect their power supply he did not deserve to be beaten like this.

1 Like

Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by Aplaudez(m): 3:55pm On Apr 24, 2020
Blackfire:
Yoruba people and toutiness ...

Why attack an official from carrying out his duties..

2 weeks lockdown have turn people mad

Calm down, which planet are you So you mean the lock down is just 2weeks
Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by yommen: 3:55pm On Apr 24, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Well deserved beating..you promised free electricity but you are now distributing bills

Was it the company that promises free electricity or your government? So many Nigerians don't know what is going on in their country.
Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
This are the same people that wants government palliatives?

Nigeria is bad because it's full if bad people , the politicians are part of us.

Give any average Nigerian power and see what ensues.
Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by ALABACONNECT(m): 3:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
This acts are not right in any way. E Sha shock baba cheesy
It's inconsiderate to still send bills with the current situation of things.

Say no to violence.

1 Like

Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by otomatic(m): 3:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
justmenoni:
Nigeria is truly a joke, why not send bills via post or via emails or create an app for users where you can access and pay your bills ?

Na prepaid meter sure pass. People can buy credits online or from retailers. You See this lockdown, if people no pay and they come for disconnection, this guy's case will be child's play.

1 Like

Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by yommen: 3:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
kikero:
Yes, let's beat them...then after we would be wondering why we don't have light.

The problem with Nigeria and power is that we don't realize that power is not cheap. And we haven't realized that power has been privatized. So, the money to make it better comes from our pocket.

We need money to raise our power generation and fix our neglected transmission system. And I doubt our DISCOS have a magic money tree.

It's either you work in industry or you have someone giving you the information. So many Nigerians wanted privatisation but they don't understand what entails.
Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by donMIG(m): 4:01pm On Apr 24, 2020
Now I remember!
Y are our government so hopeless n useless?
I tot we r pose to b enjoy free electricity
I was really mad wen I saw bills comin in last month n this month
Y una just useless na?
I beg stop giving hope to Nigerians u ppl r fuckin unreliable
Fucktards!!!
Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 24, 2020
yommen:

It's either you work in industry or you have someone giving you the information. So many Nigerians wanted privatisation but they don't understand what entails.

No, I don't work for the DISCOS or GENCOS,and don't have anyone in the business (I even had issues with them at one of my previous places of residence over a meter that was promised but not installed.)

But anyone could see that once privatization came on ground, prices were going to go up. (and they are not even too high because the law governing the discos and gencos put the price setting aspect in the hands of the government).

1 Like

Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by Harbeeorlar(m): 4:02pm On Apr 24, 2020
sleeknaija:

U are not informed at all.. Read ur news wella, u will get better info concerning this your believe
Believe kwa?
Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by xcelentattitude(m): 4:02pm On Apr 24, 2020
What's disturbing about the picture?
Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by Buffalo2(m): 4:03pm On Apr 24, 2020
helinues:
Na Jenndor be this now

The attacks might not even be connected with the sharing of bills.

Quick recovery oo
God bless you my sir. Those guys go beyond their boundaries in the cause of doing their "daily job". Most of those guys sharing bills look and behave like touts or thugs.
Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by dinggle: 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2020
He was sent on a suicide mission and foolishly strapped a bomb, ..he was lucky the bomb refuse to explode.
Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by Mizwisdom(f): 4:05pm On Apr 24, 2020
sad Poverty is indeed a disease. A poor person is toxic their behavior is always irrational, they like practicing witchcraft and wickedness. Imagine what poverty made people do to this fellow? speedy recovery to you bro
Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by Buffalo2(m): 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2020
moscobabs:
Anybody that knows Taiwo the official that distribute bill in Ijoko should warn him.

We are waiting for him too
Leave him, It's a matter of time. I pray he lives to tell the story when his day of reckoning will come. I am not living in ijoko but I hear much of the guy

1 Like

Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by gbemmyjoseph(m): 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2020
O make sense. Why will he share bill at this season? Fuckup Country...
Re: IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) by HRMK: 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2020
distributing bills is dfft from disconnecting lines!this is unjustified!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Arrest Olamide Precious Ajayi For Blackmailing Her Sugar-Daddy In Ondo / Nigerian Man Disguises As A Woman To Escape After Killing A Foreigner - pics / Three FUTO students found dead in hostel, one unconscious after Drug overdose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.