Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Roses And Thorns - Literature (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Roses And Thorns (70779 Views)

Roses And Thorns (7) / "My 2021 Story." (roses And Thorns) / Purple Roses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roses And Thorns by Tonyspecial(m): 2:36pm On May 27, 2020
Life can never be the same again for melody if she eventually survives this
Nice one sugar
Re: Roses And Thorns by eROCK247(m): 4:56pm On May 27, 2020
Melody might even get pregnant. Imagine having a child that reminds you of your worst nightmare.
Re: Roses And Thorns by purity23(f): 7:15pm On May 27, 2020
Can they kill that rapist already

Thanks for the update dear
Re: Roses And Thorns by Silver1996(m): 7:17pm On May 27, 2020
shocked, Damsel you wicked us o, the rape and the stabbing, Ezenwa is evil.
Re: Roses And Thorns by Preshbeauty(f): 8:24pm On May 27, 2020
I sha hope she won't get pregnant. thanks damsel, am still angry with you though.
Re: Roses And Thorns by Preshbeauty(f): 1:28am On May 28, 2020
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

Joel rushed into the hospital with Melody in his hands, his eyes were red from crying too much, he was shirtless because Melody wore his Polo. The detective and Ebube followed behind too while people stared at them awkwardly but they didn't care.

"Where is the doctor?" Joel screamed as he rushed in. A nurse rushed towards him with a stretcher. "Attend to her now" he thundered placing Melody on the stretcher.

"What happened to her?" the nurse asked looking from his bare chest down to his blood stained shoe.

"She was stabbed, just get to work other than standing and asking questions" Joel said irritated.

"Am sorry sir, but we will be needing a police report" she sighed folding her hands against her chest.

"Where the hell is the freaking doctor? do you know who i am? i am a captain and if anything happens to her because of your negligence, i will sue this hospital" he shouted. The detective and Chidiebube walked close to him and caressed his back, telling him to calm down.

"Am sorry sir, it is the hospital rules and it must be strictly adhered to" the nurse replied unperturbed. Joel balled his palm in a fist and tried to punch her face, Chidiebube held his hand and whispered to him "You don't hit a woman, captain, control your anger" he left his hand. The detective brought his ID card out and shoved it at the nurse.

"I am detective Bode, and these two men right here are soldiers, so tell me, what other report do you need?" he hissed.

The nurse wheeled Melody immediately, and the three men followed behind. "Nurse Jane, go get the doctor to the theatre now, there is an emergency" the nurse told another nurse standing idly. Joel followed till they got to the theatre, the nurse stopped him from entering but then Joel insisted on staying by Melody's side, the nurse refused. Just then, the doctor ran towards the theatre with three other nurses, Melody was wheeled in and the first nurse, mouthed "Please, pray for her" to Joel before closing the door.

Joel sat down helplessly on the bare floor of the hospital, Chidiebube and the detective joined him too, each of them sitting beside him. Tears gathered in his eyes again for the umpteenth time that day, he turned to his right hand side to look at Ebube, the tears rolled down freely and with a low voice, almost in a whisper, he said.

"We had planned to wait till on our wedding night before we have sex with each other. the night she told me she was a virgin, i was surprised and somehow proud of her, it wasn't easy, and then one dimwit just spoilt everything in just a day" Chidiebube took his left hand across his shoulder and caressed it soothingly.

"I know exactly how you feel, take heart man, just know that am with you on this" he replied.

"Me too" the detective added with a smile. Joel closed his eyes and then what the rude nurse said to him earlier came to his mind, and with his eyes still closed, he clasped his hands together and muttered.

"God, i don't even know how to pray, infact i have never prayed before, but you kept me safe and away from harm at the warfront in Somalia and am grateful for that. Today, I have decided to pray for the first time in my life, you see that woman in there? she is my life and i love her a whole lot, please, do not let her die" he weeped. He opened his eyes and Agile was standing at the entrance of the lobby that led to the theatre.

"Hey Agile" he called out and the young man bounced towards him. "Am sorry for keeping you guys here, you are free to go home now, tell the others too" he said. The young man shook his head and stared at Joel, sad. "Don't worry Boss, we all are with you in this, we are going nowhere till you are ready to go" he replied.

"What of Ability and the rest?" Chidiebube asked.

"We are all outside and we are going nowhere" he saluted Joel and left.

The doctor came out and Joel rushed towards him like a lightening. Chidiebube and the detective stood up and rushed towards the doctor too, questions in their eyes.

"We were able to stabilize her but she is yet to wake up. The perpetrator of this evil is really wicked, not only was she stabbed, she was raped brutally. Although we flushed her belly so as to avoid any case of pregnancy or virus of any kind" he sighed removing the stethoscope hung around his neck.

"thank you doctor, so does it mean she is out of danger now?" Chidiebube asked.

"Not yet, she can be unconscious for as long as six months or even a year, just pray for her" he patted Joel's shoulder and left.

"What happens to that psycho now?" Joel asked the detective with a gritted teeth.

"Yea, I told his brother and Udoka to take him to the hospital so that his wound can be attended to and after that, we will take him to court where he will be tried and punished according to the law" he replied.

"Which law? give him to me, i will cut his balls one after the other and also mutilate his sex organ, i so much want to give him a slow but a painful death" his body trembled with so much hatred.

"Calm down Captain and let the law handle it" the detective chuckled.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Roses And Thorns by Preshbeauty(f): 1:30am On May 28, 2020
Embellished:
Thanks to God she didn't die. I still dey vex sha.

Am sorry na, eeehn beautiful woman.
Re: Roses And Thorns by Preshbeauty(f): 1:30am On May 28, 2020
Ujunwa14:
Okay, she didn't die. thanks for the update
thanks honey
Re: Roses And Thorns by Preshbeauty(f): 1:31am On May 28, 2020
vivienD:
biko kwa,undo what u v done cry

yes ma, i will undo it
Re: Roses And Thorns by Preshbeauty(f): 1:32am On May 28, 2020
okikioluwafemi:
Thank God,our melody is alive,will she be able to give birth bayi

i pray her womb isn't damage

damselposh,thanks for saving her

thanks darling.
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 1:35am On May 28, 2020
Khriztarl:
Damselposh, is this really you?
you've got no idea, what that rape scene did to me. Its alright sha.. Thanks for the update.

am sorry baby, i specially logged in to my account just to apologise to you.
Re: Roses And Thorns by Preshbeauty(f): 1:38am On May 28, 2020
And i proof read for 30 times before posting. lol. I no wan cause another wahala.
Re: Roses And Thorns by Preshbeauty(f): 1:38am On May 28, 2020
damselposh:

are you done with the online reading?
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 1:41am On May 28, 2020
Preshbeauty:

are you done with the online reading?

Yes babe, thanks for helping me post.
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 1:42am On May 28, 2020
okikioluwafemi:
Thank God,our melody is alive,will she be able to give birth bayi

i pray her womb isn't damage

damselposh,thanks for saving her

I pray the same thing too
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 1:42am On May 28, 2020
vivienD:
biko kwa,undo what u v done cry

Lol, yes ma, i will.
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 1:43am On May 28, 2020
Bemby69:
Noooo nau !!!!
But why embarassed embarassed embarassed

Am sorry boo
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 1:43am On May 28, 2020
Tonyspecial:
Life can never be the same again for melody if she eventually survives this

Nice one sugar

Thanks honey
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 1:44am On May 28, 2020
eROCK247:
Melody might even get pregnant. Imagine having a child that reminds you of your worst nightmare.

I hope not
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 1:46am On May 28, 2020
purity23:
Can they kill that rapist already

Thanks for the update dear

Hahahaha, your blood dey hot
Thanks dear for reading
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 1:46am On May 28, 2020
Silver1996:
shocked, Damsel you wicked us o, the rape and the stabbing, Ezenwa is evil.

Lol, boss, i learnt from you ooo
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 1:47am On May 28, 2020
Preshbeauty:
I sha hope she won't get pregnant.
thanks damsel, am still angry with you though.

Shebi i gave you noodles yesterday? Sorry na.
Re: Roses And Thorns by enirock(m): 2:12am On May 28, 2020
hmmm. Thanks aunty preshy for proofreading several times
Re: Roses And Thorns by Ann2012(f): 6:14am On May 28, 2020
Ezenwa needs to be castrated angry
Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: Roses And Thorns by Embellished(f): 9:46am On May 28, 2020
Which one is law again? Give him to Joel jare and let him finish work.
Re: Roses And Thorns by Embellished(f): 9:46am On May 28, 2020
Preshbeauty:
And i proof read for 30 times before posting. lol.
I no wan cause another wahala.

Lol, because we never forget the trouble wey you cause the other time.
Re: Roses And Thorns by Embellished(f): 9:47am On May 28, 2020
damselposh:

Shebi i gave you noodles yesterday? Sorry na.

So, she even gave you noodles yesterday? grin grin
Re: Roses And Thorns by Ujunwa14(f): 10:22am On May 28, 2020
Captain don vex, chai.
Thanks OP
Re: Roses And Thorns by PrudySara(f): 12:58pm On May 28, 2020
I dey vex like this!
Damselposh, why na?
I pray she survives this
Re: Roses And Thorns by Tonyspecial(m): 2:56pm On May 28, 2020
Keep up the good work
Re: Roses And Thorns by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 28, 2020
l am not happy at all but thanks for the update with sad heart. you are doing a great job
Re: Roses And Thorns by Khriztarl(f): 12:04am On May 29, 2020
damselposh:

abi. Lol thanks for the update

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (42) (Reply)

Shadows....... / Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story / AZEME : A Campus Crime Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.