Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,205 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers (21726 Views)

President Tinubu Approves Adjustment Of 25% Peculiar Allowance For Health Worker / Alex Otti Orders Payment Of April Salaries Owed Abia Workers, June Pensions / Seyi Makinde Pays April Salary On The 24th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by OEPHIUS(m): 6:09pm On Apr 24, 2020
April 24, 2020

The Enugu State Government in furtherance of its commitment to contain Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) in the state as well as cushion the effect of COVID-19 lockdown on the lives of the citizens, paid the salaries of all public servants in the state, yesterday, April 23, 2020.

The state government additionally paid the COVID-19 Allowance for all health workers in the state, which represents 25% of their basic salaries as recently approved by the State Executive Council (EXCO), as incentive.

https://twitter.com/amokelouis/status/1253727635215192068?s=19

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 24, 2020
I must confess, Gburugburu is on the low scale infrastructurally, but he sure knows how to give a good treat to civil servants.

Did i just read 25% stimulus to health workers? shocked

After this, I'm buying jamb form in 2021 angry

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by ignis: 6:13pm On Apr 24, 2020
Our leaders are corrupt and have mentally positioned us to applaud and praise few people who occasionally do the right thing.
We elected them into such position to do this few basic things for us, why must we celebrate and blow unnecessary trumpet of praises to them when they manage to do the right thing.

It's just like thanking and praising the pilot of a commercial airline for flying me safely to my destination. Didn't I pay for the ticket with my hard earned money? Ofcourse it should be the other way round.

Nigerians have been mentality caged.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by mrNEMZY(m): 6:19pm On Apr 24, 2020
Though he thinks littering the state with barbed wires is the best infrastructural development, I must applaud him for his role in welfare of the people of the state.

Enugu state are lucky with their leaders, or do they vote better?

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by ChildofMercy: 6:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
Commendable

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by satelliteDISH(m): 6:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
Is it only the health workers that deserve the allowances?

What about us that have not opened our shops since the Lockdown.?

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by Azmanaty: 6:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
Is that an achievement?

This sort of news keep making our Governors think they re doing us a huge favour by paying salaries. It is wages for work and the workers are entitled to it. So it shouldn't be news.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by Perfecttouchade: 6:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
Ok...this one make sense, enugu folks oya make una pass una tithes to us wey dey Lagos and ogun state grin be your brother's keepper na cheesy @ghettokid1 wey your tithe o bikonu
Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by Slawormir: 6:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Nice one
i can bet my balls the wake and see governor is capable of doing this same thing
Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by Miracle4Sure: 6:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
Great
Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by chrischukszy01(m): 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
Ndi Igbo kwenu...east can never be like west!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by ekestic1976(f): 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
Where was this money before now? So it takes the Virus to teach one of our Governors compassion?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by chrischukszy01(m): 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
Ndi Igbo kwenu...east can never be like west!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by ojun50(m): 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
Our private organization no send us again oh

1 Like

Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by Ebenezer2021(m): 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
Even Akwa Ibom state has paid and this is the first time they've paid this early.
My fear is that around June, states may likely not receive any allocation from FAAC due to the collapse in oil price and crash in economy.
May God save the nation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by Revere27: 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
Good one from the Governor
Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by whytejoseph57(m): 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
Thank God oh at least this governor understand the pains of his people
Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by Menance: 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
The coal city <3
Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by Easybela(f): 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2020

9 Likes

Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by Parable007: 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
Commendable.. now we know our health workers are the real heroes
Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by Azord(m): 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
Development Nice
Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by TrollMaster: 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
Nice one Mrs Ugwuanyi

That's their right...nothing special

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by ignis: 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
Lexolhis20:
This shouldn't be in the news.. I hate it.

what about the self employed that were caged at home... This country is a mess

You want the governor to pay salaries to unemployed and self employed too?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by Sirchef: 6:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
Well done Sir. Our health workers deserve it and even more.
Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by loosecanon50(m): 6:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
Good
Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by ForeThinker: 6:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
What to do

Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by danietohbadt(m): 6:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
AkeNathan:
I must confess, Gburugburu is on the low scale infrastructurally, but he sure knows how to give a good treat to civil servants.

They're deceiving us.

You need to note that it's 25 percent of their basic salary....

Their basic salary could be 40k....
25 percent of that is 10k

The Governor's action is commendable anyways.
Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by Udabi(m): 6:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
AkeNathan:

Or make we survive this corona thing first. For my mind e be like say school no go ever reopen again
Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by Menance: 6:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
chrischukszy01:
Ndi Igbo kwenu...east can never be like west!!!

They will soon say you are chest beating and you're suffering from hinferiority complex..
Their normal old line.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by lebete3000: 6:24pm On Apr 24, 2020
See these abòki dem wey I been dey pity sey how dem dey take make gain for the egg wey dem been dey fry.

So they're making close to #35 on each egg. Choi!!!

I've always known my altruism will get me killed one day...
Re: Enugu Pays April Salaries Of Workers, 25% Allowance For Health Workers by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:24pm On Apr 24, 2020
Good development

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abba Kyari: PSC Suspends Two IRT Officers / Soludo Inspects Ugwuagba-Bosi Rd, Says He's Not A Man That Makes Empty Promises / Boko Haram: Atiku, PDP Should Stop Mocking Our Fallen Heroes Over Attacks, Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.