Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,578 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

We Love Each Other But We Can't Be Together Because Of Religion - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Love Each Other But We Can't Be Together Because Of Religion (841 Views)

Today Is Her Last Day In Our Office, We Love Each Other But It Seems Too Late / When A Couple Truly Love Each Other / We Love Each Other But He Stays In One Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Love Each Other But We Can't Be Together Because Of Religion by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
I'm a Jehovah's witness, I graduated from UNILAG in 2018. When I was in my final year, I started dating a non-jw guy who'd been my very good friend since I was in 100L, in fact we were best friends before we started dating.

I never intended to fall for a non-jw because I know that I can't marry one, but I couldn't help it, I guess we really can't choose who we fall in love with sometimes. We really love each other and he's ready to marry me, I'll be 24 next month. He's more than willing to marry me but I can't accept his proposal because my parents will never let me marry a non-witness and my fellow witnesses may see me as a bad person if I marry a non-jw because I'm a very devout member. Also, my dad is an elder in the congregation, a fellow witness told me that if I marry a non-jw, my father will no longer be an elder and he'll never forgive me for that.

I want to let him go and start a relationship with a Jehovah's witness but it's really hard. Also, he's not willing to convert to my religion because he thinks witnesses are too judgemental and hypocritical (we've argued about that before). I'm scared that if I break up with him because of religious differences and marry a JW guy I don't love, I won't have a happy marriage. I've always wanted to marry someone I really love, someone whom I can call my best friend. I don't want to be that girl who thinks about her ex while married to someone else.

We haven't had sex, he's been really supportive of my decision to abstain from premarital sex, that's what makes him even more appealing to me. Should I just let him go and try to fall in love with someone who practices the same religion as me? or should I hold on to him and find a way to make things work?

1 Like

Re: We Love Each Other But We Can't Be Together Because Of Religion by tyup(m): 7:12pm On Apr 24, 2020
Lady do what you want and stop disturbing us

Imagine taking this religion to head and everything like you lack reasoning capability sad

3 Likes

Re: We Love Each Other But We Can't Be Together Because Of Religion by PeacenLove2: 7:16pm On Apr 24, 2020
These one go school but dem no learn anything. grin

Op, do anything wey you wan do. Na your life na.

3 Likes

Re: We Love Each Other But We Can't Be Together Because Of Religion by Ningen(m): 7:17pm On Apr 24, 2020
It's 2020, and religion still tramples humanity.

You can't even follow your mind and let love wins. Go and meet your pastor to think for you.

2 Likes

Re: We Love Each Other But We Can't Be Together Because Of Religion by frozen70(f): 7:17pm On Apr 24, 2020
hailey345:
I'm a Jehovah's witness, I graduated from UNILAG in 2018. When I was in my final year, I started dating a non-jw guy who'd been my very good friend since I was in 100L, in fact we were best friends before we started dating.

I never intended to fall for a non-jw because I know that I can't marry one, but I couldn't help it, I guess we really can't choose who we fall in love with sometimes. We really love each other and he's ready to marry me, I'll be 24 next month. He's more than willing to marry me but I can't accept his proposal because my parents will never let me marry a non-witness and my fellow witnesses may see me as a bad person if I marry a non-jw because I'm a very devout member. Also, my dad is an elder in the congregation, a fellow witness told me that if I marry a non-jw, my father will no longer be an elder and he'll never forgive me for that.

I want to let him go and start a relationship with a Jehovah's witness but it's really hard. Also, he's not willing to convert to my religion because he thinks witnesses are too judgemental and hypocritical (we've argued about that before). I'm scared that if I break up with him because of religious differences and marry a JW guy I don't love, I won't have a happy marriage. I've always wanted to marry someone I really love, someone whom I can call my best friend. I don't want to be that girl who thinks about her ex while married to someone else.

We haven't had sex, he's been really supportive of my decision to abstain from premarital sex, that's what makes him even more appealing to me. Should I just let him go and try to fall in love with someone who practices the same religion as me? or should I hold on to him and find a way to make things work?

You are responsible for your happiness and marriage

You got what you want yet religion wants to separate you from who you love

You are considering your father who was not even born in JW but grew to join them as his choice of place of worship

Well, if you reject him and couldn't get any one like him both in JW or outside it, blame yourself

You should be asking how to convince him to wed you in your church

The choice is yours

1 Like

Re: We Love Each Other But We Can't Be Together Because Of Religion by SweetCunt97(f): 7:26pm On Apr 24, 2020
When the wrong one loves you right.. Lalalala
Re: We Love Each Other But We Can't Be Together Because Of Religion by xband: 7:27pm On Apr 24, 2020
From your post above, I can see you really love this guy. My advice for you is to follow your heart cause the heart knows where it belongs.

As for your parents, tell them about that guy and let them see reason why you should marry that guy.

It's better to be with the one you love, than to be cheating on the one you don't love.

1 Like

Re: We Love Each Other But We Can't Be Together Because Of Religion by konkonbilo(m): 7:31pm On Apr 24, 2020
sad Typical Nigerian, we're first human before religion..your father won't be there when you and your JW husband start having issues because you don't love him. Everything for this naija na religion this religion that. People stop using thier senses when it comes to religious matters
Re: We Love Each Other But We Can't Be Together Because Of Religion by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
hailey345:

Religion is overrated, fam. We're one under one God. God has no religion, blood.
I'm a Christian by birth but won't mind marrying a Muslim if I fall in LOVE with her.
Love is greater than religion, ok.

2 Likes

Re: We Love Each Other But We Can't Be Together Because Of Religion by Lexusgs430: 7:49pm On Apr 24, 2020
hailey345:

Go and date someone, you can marry..... If you don't marry him, would either of you die?.....

1 Like

Re: We Love Each Other But We Can't Be Together Because Of Religion by MJBOLT: 8:08pm On Apr 24, 2020
when you put religion above your happiness,it will only end in tears.las las na religion go kill us

2 Likes

Re: We Love Each Other But We Can't Be Together Because Of Religion by Sam119(m): 8:19pm On Apr 24, 2020
Religion is the opium of the people by Karl Marx. I pity Africa and it's inhabitants.

A graduate thinking and reasoning like this. cool
Re: We Love Each Other But We Can't Be Together Because Of Religion by chizpim(m): 8:24pm On Apr 24, 2020
Jehovah witness , they are hypocritical.. they claim to be the best but they are worst. That's how my cousin ended up marrying a blind man. SMH..

2 Likes

Re: We Love Each Other But We Can't Be Together Because Of Religion by CAPSLOCKED: 8:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
NOTHING SEPARATES US MORE THAN ETHNICITY, POLITICS, AND RELIGION.

I WOULD UNDERSTAND FOR THE FIRST TWO. BUT THE THIRD, ONE MUST REALLY BE DAFT TO ALLOW TALES OF SPIDERMAN, HARRY PORTER, MOHAMMED AND JESUS PREVENT THEM FROM BEING WITH WHO THEY WANT TO BE WITH.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Love Each Other But We Can't Be Together Because Of Religion by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
You have to japa ASAP and stop wasting your time
Re: We Love Each Other But We Can't Be Together Because Of Religion by James4bright(m): 10:01pm On Apr 24, 2020
Sometimes I wonder what kind of brain you girls have.

Firstly, love is just an emotion that can die down at anytime.

Ask yourself valuable questions about this guy, is he the right person? Forget love and focus on his traits. If he is good enough then forget whatever your parents want and go for him.

Just one mistake could ruin your entire life.
Re: We Love Each Other But We Can't Be Together Because Of Religion by baralatie(m): 10:19pm On Apr 24, 2020
hailey345:

I am doubting the efficacy that you are true a Jehovah witness.

it is either you are not an active member or you got carried away.

nevertheless I would advice you for your health cut him off.it is not worth the risk.

1 Like

Re: We Love Each Other But We Can't Be Together Because Of Religion by KhalifaDam: 10:33pm On Apr 24, 2020
We know how it works. First disfellowshipping and no one wants to despised by their family and your dad will be deleted from the elder and he’ll not be pleased. I just broke up with someone who’s a non-Jw too. Happiness matters most. It’s MOL..sister

1 Like

Re: We Love Each Other But We Can't Be Together Because Of Religion by ednut1(m): 10:38pm On Apr 24, 2020
The guy should dump your sorry ass

(1) (Reply)

South African Lady S*x Video Leak By A Friend 18+ Video / What's The Most Interesting Topic You Ever Followed On Nairaland? / Twitter User Narrates How Her Vibrator Started Melting While Using It (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.