Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,579 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Eyes Of Lagos Interview With Designer / Entrepreneur CYPAID - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Eyes Of Lagos Interview With Designer / Entrepreneur CYPAID (431 Views)

Types Of Entrepreneur (trade Entrepreneur) / How I Started My Fashion Brand - CYPAID, Designer / Entrepreneur / The Opening Of Lagos Fashion Week 2019 (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eyes Of Lagos Interview With Designer / Entrepreneur CYPAID by yankeevibe: 7:40pm On Apr 24, 2020
Eyes of lagos interview with designer / entrepreneur CYPAID

1.Tell us a little about yourself

My name is cynosure Neville , also known as Cypaid, founder and creative director of Designed by Neville, but most people call me cynosure because I used to be the editor in chief for cynosure magazine.
Have a bachelor degree in Bio medical laboratory technology and also have an international business certificate from san Francisco city collage.

I grew up in a diversed and mixed background. I was born in Nigeria, raised Jamaica & UK before finaly settling down in the United states, San Francisco to be specific.

So I think being raised in multiple cities has made me open to all different types of people, cultures, food etc. I’ve always felt lucky to be from different sides of the world.

I love travelling and living life to the fullest, like there is no tomorrow. I try to find happiness in small things of life.

I call myself a fashion scribe, because I’m so self conscious when it comes to fashion but I’m not a slave to trend.

2. Did you always know that you wanted to build your own brand?

That’s a big yes, have always loved fashion from infancy. My early curiosity for trends made me to be obsessed with fashion, so that channeled my love toward pursuing a career in fashion, I’ve always been very strong-minded and opinionated about fashion; what I want to wear, what looks best on others, and just about fashion in general.

I love the power of clothing and the transformative quality of choosing the right clothes to wear. When I was in middle school, I will use Sharpie, water color and even screen print my own clothes so as to stand out from the rest kids in class.

I took pride in having the best outfit, or at least making the biggest effort. lol.
So now that I’m much older I said to myself it’s time to turn this hobby or obsession into a full time business.

3 How did you come up with this concept?

I tell people I’m an old soul trapped in a young body, because I love to inspire and motivate people, I have a penchant to imbibe the self independent culture into people, encourage them to hustle hard and believe in themselves. My first collection inscription was “MAKING MONEY MOVES “, and my second collection which will be launched this fall got the ” SECURE THE BAG” inscription, to me fashion is a language. So I wanted to communicate with my designs, bring beauty and positive vibes into the world through fashion.

3.Whats your vision for the future of your brand?

Right now I’m only selling online, I hope to do pop up shops next year, showcase my brand on the runway, and also have my own shop at the mall , I’m also working on collaborating with top fashion houses, I cant really give out names right now, the talk is still ongoing, but as soon as I get the deal sealed you will be the first to know

5.What advice do you have to give to inspiring creatives?

Just don’t give up on your goals, it will eventually pay oneday. Yes I know its not easy, so you have to be passion and goal driven, strivehard to excel and put your best in whatever you do, network with innovative and like minded people and get yourself a dedicated team.

https://eyesoflagos.com/2020/04/24/eyes-of-lagos-interview-with-designer-entrepreneur-cypaid/

1 Like

Re: Eyes Of Lagos Interview With Designer / Entrepreneur CYPAID by cynosuremag(m): 7:42pm On Apr 24, 2020
Role model
Re: Eyes Of Lagos Interview With Designer / Entrepreneur CYPAID by SeanBeezy(m): 5:23pm On Jul 10, 2020
yankeevibe:
Eyes of lagos interview with designer / entrepreneur CYPAID

1.Tell us a little about yourself

My name is cynosure Neville , also known as Cypaid, founder and creative director of Designed by Neville, but most people call me cynosure because I used to be the editor in chief for cynosure magazine.
Have a bachelor degree in Bio medical laboratory technology and also have an international business certificate from san Francisco city collage.

I grew up in a diversed and mixed background. I was born in Nigeria, raised Jamaica & UK before finaly settling down in the United states, San Francisco to be specific.

So I think being raised in multiple cities has made me open to all different types of people, cultures, food etc. I’ve always felt lucky to be from different sides of the world.

I love travelling and living life to the fullest, like there is no tomorrow. I try to find happiness in small things of life.

I call myself a fashion scribe, because I’m so self conscious when it comes to fashion but I’m not a slave to trend.

2. Did you always know that you wanted to build your own brand?

That’s a big yes, have always loved fashion from infancy. My early curiosity for trends made me to be obsessed with fashion, so that channeled my love toward pursuing a career in fashion, I’ve always been very strong-minded and opinionated about fashion; what I want to wear, what looks best on others, and just about fashion in general.

I love the power of clothing and the transformative quality of choosing the right clothes to wear. When I was in middle school, I will use Sharpie, water color and even screen print my own clothes so as to stand out from the rest kids in class.

I took pride in having the best outfit, or at least making the biggest effort. lol.
So now that I’m much older I said to myself it’s time to turn this hobby or obsession into a full time business.

3 How did you come up with this concept?

I tell people I’m an old soul trapped in a young body, because I love to inspire and motivate people, I have a penchant to imbibe the self independent culture into people, encourage them to hustle hard and believe in themselves. My first collection inscription was “MAKING MONEY MOVES “, and my second collection which will be launched this fall got the ” SECURE THE BAG” inscription, to me fashion is a language. So I wanted to communicate with my designs, bring beauty and positive vibes into the world through fashion.

3.Whats your vision for the future of your brand?

Right now I’m only selling online, I hope to do pop up shops next year, showcase my brand on the runway, and also have my own shop at the mall , I’m also working on collaborating with top fashion houses, I cant really give out names right now, the talk is still ongoing, but as soon as I get the deal sealed you will be the first to know

5.What advice do you have to give to inspiring creatives?

Just don’t give up on your goals, it will eventually pay oneday. Yes I know its not easy, so you have to be passion and goal driven, strivehard to excel and put your best in whatever you do, network with innovative and like minded people and get yourself a dedicated team.

https://eyesoflagos.com/2020/04/24/eyes-of-lagos-interview-with-designer-entrepreneur-cypaid/

Nice and inspiring
Re: Eyes Of Lagos Interview With Designer / Entrepreneur CYPAID by Kenny242(m): 8:14am On Jul 11, 2020
nice

(1) (Reply)

Very Cute And Affordable Thrifts / PROMO Photoshoot With Free Makeup For Only 15k / Darling African Hair Styles To Try This Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.