Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Have You Ever Had The Opportunity Of Living Nigeria Eventually Didn't Work Out? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have You Ever Had The Opportunity Of Living Nigeria Eventually Didn't Work Out? (4016 Views)

Nigerian Woman Laments The Increasing Cost Of Living In Canada / What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? / Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Had The Opportunity Of Living Nigeria Eventually Didn't Work Out? by morgang(m): 9:50am On Jul 27, 2020
Agroblessing:

Just should in case you still needed an SOA of this amount pls DM me. Free! I wish I had this opportunity but nothing lol

Good afternoon sir, I’m very sorry for not replying this message In time. I’ve been busy and not being able to come online (Nairaland). Thanks for this sir. I really appreciate. I’ve sent you an email. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had The Opportunity Of Living Nigeria Eventually Didn't Work Out? by morgang(m): 10:35am On Jul 27, 2020
muzzling17:

Hello sir, can I send a pm?.

Yes, please..
Re: Have You Ever Had The Opportunity Of Living Nigeria Eventually Didn't Work Out? by Agroblessing: 11:34am On Jul 27, 2020
morgang:

Good afternoon sir, I’m very sorry for not replying this message In time. I’ve been busy and not being able to come online (Nairaland). Thanks for this sir. I really appreciate. I’ve sent you an email. God bless you.
It's absolutely fine
Re: Have You Ever Had The Opportunity Of Living Nigeria Eventually Didn't Work Out? by Youonlyliveonce: 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2020
My family have being ready to sponsor and begging me to leave the country since I left sec school years ago but I refused mostly cos I believed I could do something great here in Nigeria. I still strongly believe I can do much in this country but after my business failed recently I'm willing to leave the country for exposure and the experience I really need it [tho the financial support is not available anymore lol]

My journey to leave this country is just a five year plan no place like home man [Maybe my village people just have a strong hold on me Sha]
Re: Have You Ever Had The Opportunity Of Living Nigeria Eventually Didn't Work Out? by McStoic(m): 10:32am On Jun 30, 2022
Yes. I was offered a scholarship to study for my MSc at the University of Central Lancashire but my parents didn't have money to cover the remaining fees..I received an email from the dean of my faculty that I should embrace the opportunity as it comes once in a lifetime. The admission was purely unconditional. I try, try , try, e no work out.

I com veeeeex. I got a job a few months after the opportunity was lost. I com spend all my salary on night browsing in cyber cafe in those days, looking for opportunities to study abroad. In September 2004, my prayer was answered. My interview at the American consulate was like a joke because I wasn't fully prepared for it. A day preceding my interview, my application and supporting documents were drenched by a heavy rain the moment I stepped out of a cyber cafe the rain started. I had to spread them in my room in ibadan until the following morning and I left for Lagos for my appointment very early. I entered obalende CMS straight grin, still not taking it seriously because I didnt have enough time to prepare. I took my passport, loaded my visa fee on a valu card, which was the only means of paying visa fees that time.

The guy didn't even ask for my bank statement and that would have spoilt the show for me because I no get one...I just appeared by faith and that was my very first time of entering that place and any embassy for that matter. I left that place smiling and the rest was history. The destination was buffalo, upstate NY.

This made me smile dunno why. I like your story telling mode..
Re: Have You Ever Had The Opportunity Of Living Nigeria Eventually Didn't Work Out? by Etinosa1234: 5:22pm On Jun 30, 2022
Etinosa1234:
Well I tried in 2016 sha... My dad jus called me one day surprisingly that I should meet one of my cousins at ring road.. I didn't have any idea abt what they were planning sha but I became suspicious when he said I should not tell my aunt(I was staying with her while in secondary school)
When I met my cousin, he took me to ikpoba hill and we started processing my international passport..Body jus dey sweet me cool

Few months later, by then I was now staying in lagos..My cousin came to meet me in Lagos.. my dad then told me what they were planning...that my uncle sent money for us to process our visa(My uncle did it because it was only my family and my cousin's family that he has taken to Australia)
The next day..we went to etiebet place where they process the visa and we did all the needful

We had high hopes that the visa would be granted...
So I waited ooo...till the next year wic was 2017 b4 they called us for interview... My hopes revived immediately

When we went for the interview..we were told that our time has passed...we were all shocked and surprised because we came exactly the time we saw there
so my uncle then reported and they corrected the glitch...we were asked to come another day..

So the day of the interview, I was told not to enter because I was still a minor(my age was reduced because of the reasons for my visa) so I waited outside..

When my cousin jus came out..I jus know say the guy don Bleep up....They were speaking in Benin so I didn't get what they said...when I asked my dad what happened, he said They told him to wait till next February be4 the visa was approved.. Na so I forget visa, enter uniben come dey struggle with criminal Law for 300lvl

It was during this Lockdown when I was jus talking to my dad that he told me the reason for the visa denial..

He said my cousin was not smart enough to answer the questions the interviewer threw at him.It was a family visa so the girl my uncle was using to bring us there gave contradicting answer what he said

I can remember my dad saying One of the questions the interviewer asked him

The interviewer asked him, "what have u bought for ur girlfriend"
He jus said nothing... Gosh...I was very angry ehhh...
Even if he was short of ideas. ..He could have jus said that he had a lot of things in mind bought the distance meant the gifts won't reach her.. atleast they'll understand
well.. I've moved on tho... I'm planning to leave sha immediately after my final year
I'm jus using this time to learn skills in IT and also plumbing...
And I also save my money... To avoid money issue tho I know that my uncle would still help me

Modified: 2 years later, we applied again and got it..

I'm now in Australia grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Expensive And Luxurious First Class Airlines / List Of Airlines In Nigeria And Their Owners. / Most White People think Africa Is Slum, My Experience With A Ukrainian Guy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.