Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama (14880 Views)

'N800m Paid To Bandits': FG Won’t Pay Ransom - Lai Mohammed / COVID-19: FG Won’t Reintroduce Total Lockdown Again - Boss Mustapha / Osinbajo On Self-Isolation. Holds Video-Conference Call With Staff - The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by opportunes: 9:28pm On Apr 24, 2020
The Federal Government says it will not accept the request to self-isolate, by Nigerians abroad willing to come back home. “We will not accept the request to self-isolate because it will be difficult to monitor them.

That is our position,” Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr Geoffrey Onyeama, said at the Presidential Taskforce on COVID-19 daily briefing on Friday in Abuja. Onyeama explained that some Nigerians willing to come back home were asking for self-isolation in their homes, but that such request could not be guaranteed as monitoring them would be difficult.

He said that the limited bed spaces and isolation centres in the country might have informed their demand to self-isolate in their homes on their return back to the country. “The truth is that we do not have enough isolation centres and bed spaces. ”We are looking for hotels in Lagos and I have spoken to the Governor of Lagos. If we can get some, that’ll be fine.”

Onyeama said that the Chinese Ambassador had promised that his country was ready to assist Nigeria’s efforts to fight the virus in any way deemed necessary. He said that since it would be impossible to get all the test done for Nigerians abroad who would be coming back to the country, government has decided that they would be tested in Nigeria.

The minister said that the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) had agreed that it was better to take all necessary precautions in the fight against COVID-19 by testing them in Nigeria. (NAN)
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-fg-wont-allow-self-isolation-for-returning-nigerians-onyeama.html

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by TossTos: 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2020
provide standard isolation centre

7 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by SadiqBabaSani: 10:29pm On Apr 24, 2020
i dnt get d logic of returning bck to Nigeria seriously

7 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by SadiqBabaSani: 10:30pm On Apr 24, 2020
Why not mark time in dt con3 of residence until ds covid goes down

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by just2endowed: 11:54pm On Apr 24, 2020
This was the exact suggestion I raised against proposing self isolation in early February.

They already knew it won't work yet they told returnees from UK and eaurope to self isolate.

Now that the virus is spreading through communities, it shows we are in hot soup.

27 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by MetaPhysical: 3:26am On Apr 25, 2020
SadiqBabaSani:
Why not mark time in dt con3 of residence until ds covid goes down

Many of you hear abroad and immediately start thinking of UK, US. Nigerians are in Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, Cambodia, and when these countries put their society in lockdown, all the hustle shut down. A hustler in Cambodia that can't go out...and no palliatives....Nigeria becomes his heaven. This is some serious economic shyte bro when you count your money and it is not adding up at end of each hour, each day, each week.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by nairaman66(m): 5:15am On Apr 25, 2020
Federal government trying to dissuade them! A government that runs away from responsibility is an irresponsible one and would know no peace!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by omoakoraye: 5:15am On Apr 25, 2020
Why not.
Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by Punchline33: 5:16am On Apr 25, 2020
Good. But return them first.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by Huncho19: 5:16am On Apr 25, 2020
Yet they don't have up to par isolation centers
Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:17am On Apr 25, 2020
This are the type of strident measures we should have taken since February

I don't even know why they chose to return to the country now after asserting that the country is not even good to die in.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by lapazi(m): 5:19am On Apr 25, 2020
No update on front page yet?

What are the numbers now!
Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by virginboy1(m): 5:20am On Apr 25, 2020
1095 cases,is not what is paining me alone, but the fact that I have been locked indoors for over 4 weeks just because I want to stop the spread and yet the numbers keep increasing and our so called FG have not tested up to 20,000 people

It's appalling cry

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by mahta(m): 5:21am On Apr 25, 2020
Why won’t they self isolate ? Is there something I’m missing ? Ahhhhhh��� Well it’s good to get them evicted but we can still keep them in a specialized place for 14days to ensure their testing is done!!
Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by Afolabimills(m): 5:22am On Apr 25, 2020
Good morning everyone I am here to let u know my feelings n opinion d world will still shake especially Nigeria Africa we are our own problem sometimes I pray God put an end to this generation or even humanity we are so bad that most wicked ones are more than d few good ones even on nairaland they are here to judge u call u begger without knowing what d fellow human being are really going through they can't help but add more to ur over blothed problem

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by MMElliot: 5:23am On Apr 25, 2020
Better. They better not allow. Stubborn Nigerians. Which kain risk!

They'll say I'll self isolate, next thing; I feel fine, I don't have covid. I can do whatever I want, go anywhere I want.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by Amorprincesa24: 5:26am On Apr 25, 2020
It's self isolation of those returnees that has caused community spreading today. Do the government really think that they would listen and stay indoors? When most of them even gave fake address.

May God help us. Now Nigeria has over 1000cases and the 2nd highest death in west africa. They should send those Chinese back to their country e no get wetin dem dey do for here.

God save Nigeria
God save the world

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by Amorprincesa24: 5:26am On Apr 25, 2020
1095 cases with 32 deaths
lapazi:
No update on front page yet?

What are the numbers now!
Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by Bria234: 5:27am On Apr 25, 2020
Nigerian govmt re bunch of fools .. I have been saying this since ..how can u ask a retunee to self isolate .... How is that making sense. .. foolish people .. dumb head

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by drlaykay(m): 5:28am On Apr 25, 2020
The idea of the hotels is good but they should be closely monitored
Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by Bria234: 5:29am On Apr 25, 2020
It is this self isolation that lead us to where we are today.. are they going to self isolate themselves and the drive that drove them from Airport.. fools of govmt.. see wetin this pple cos na .. .

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by seunlayi(m): 5:32am On Apr 25, 2020
Una eyes don open now

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by seunlayi(m): 5:34am On Apr 25, 2020
just2endowed:
This was the exact suggestion I raised against proposing self isolation in early February.

They already knew it won't work yet they told returnees from UK and eaurope to self isolate.

Now that the virus is spreading through communities, it shows we are in hot soup.

Leave it or take it, all the blame of what we are in now are on the federal government. They cause this disaster, simple prevention to protect her citizen, they failed.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by Elvis2kay: 5:38am On Apr 25, 2020
shocked
Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by JubrinElSudan: 5:39am On Apr 25, 2020
Na now una dey wake. It would have been cheaper doing this after the first index case when people were returning from abroad but you only ask them to go and self isolate and call when they show symptoms. They will end up travelling the whole states, meeting people and infecting them. Now we are using billions to prosecute the war against COVID-19. Good Morning FG!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by Pavore9: 5:41am On Apr 25, 2020
Self isolation is not realistic, from the airport to government managed quarantine centres that is what Kenyan government did. Before they returned to Kenya, Kenyan government warned that they would enter a mandatory 14 day quarantine which the returnees would bear the costs, some high class hotels were added to be part of the quarantine centres alongside government managed facilities paying between $20-$120 daily and from these centres tens of them tested positive.

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by Eniolakiite(f): 5:44am On Apr 25, 2020
Most Nigerians would rather stay at home and treat themselves because Stigma, they won’t want someone to remind them later in life that they had the virus. So they won’t even want to reveal that they have the virus. Also people don’t trust the isolation centers set by the FG. I have a feeling the number of cases in Nigeria is actually more than what we hear. Not much testing has been done.
Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by Nobody: 5:51am On Apr 25, 2020
Isn't that what they should have done earlier?

When it was easy to control, they kept the country open for their relatives in US and UK to troop in with coronavirus, giving us flimsy excuses until they circulated it in the country, now they're saying this when it has passed 1,000 cases in Nigeria.

God will judge these selfish politicians we call leaders...

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by koladata(m): 6:14am On Apr 25, 2020
There's a device that can be used to monitor isolated person if they go outside the range
Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by Passionate888: 6:15am On Apr 25, 2020
Where the 20k?
Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by funmike83(f): 6:17am On Apr 25, 2020
Na federal government dey always break law not the citizens. So tell your Pple startng from aso rock. Self isolation is not the best. Airport straight to isolation centre. But you know government of today. There Pple are bigger than isolation centers

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama by Hakintoyey(m): 6:27am On Apr 25, 2020
just2endowed:

You got it bro.they should have closed the border immediately we detect the first case and all returnees to self isolate in hotels at their own cost and you monitor them. Take them to an hotel, take their sample, and if they are negative, release them, and isolate them if they are positive. Gaskia

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ortom: I Won't Stop Criticizing Buhari And APC / Patience Jonathan Must Forfeit $15m - EFCC / FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.