Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts (84819 Views)

Cholera: Anxiety Mounts In Magboro, Ogun State, 10 People Feared Dead / Covid 19 : Why Kano Death Cases Are Not Caused By Corona Virus / Kano Death - We Only Did Verbal Autopsy Because Of Our Religion In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 10:12am On Apr 25, 2020
madridguy:
Offcourse i am.

cheesy grin
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by eyinjuege: 10:17am On Apr 25, 2020
Angelfrost:

Yeah... The same way they locked down Lagos and shut it out from the rest of Nigeria??!

Kano citizens have become a special breed of Nigerians na... Covid-19 has more power over them than those in Lagos and Abuja...

Abeg, let's hear word!!!

So you want it to spread to their neighbouring cities and states? Lockdown should be enforced, simple .
No travelling about, no movement about. Simple as ABC.
Perhaps if more people had followed the rules of the lockdown put in place by the FG, the transmission of the disease would be lower.
How can all the people, health staff in their testing centres be positive to the corona virus?
You must think this is a joke.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by AuroraB(f): 10:22am On Apr 25, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
Kano hasn't yet hit the figures in Lagos and we are already having this kind of ripple effect, these guys had better observe strict compliance with recommended safety standards before this disease blows out of proportion. If not I fear for the worst in the North as a whole and not just Kano alone.
...don't bother telling 'em. Body go tell them embarassed
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by ProudBiafran: 10:24am On Apr 25, 2020
Land of the terrorists.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by GiftAbia1: 10:30am On Apr 25, 2020
C how pple are dying globally.... may God protect us.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Airoflaw(m): 10:33am On Apr 25, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
Kano hasn't yet hit the figures in Lagos and we are already having this kind of ripple effect, these guys had better observe strict compliance with recommended safety standards before this disease blows out of proportion. If not I fear for the worst in the North as a whole and not just Kano alone.
let them continue playing CORONA CUP na.. Na them go suffer ham pass.. Last last i no go c food eat for house

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Donald1986(m): 10:35am On Apr 25, 2020
ChoCho54:
Osetiela!!

Blue3k I told you yesterday to enjoy your gloat over the death of 3m Biafran children because karma is already a family member of their murderers!

Hahaha cheesy

how has this got to do with biafra, the lives of people that did not kill d 3m Biafran children is at stake all over the world and you are here talking about nepotising.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Angelfrost(m): 10:35am On Apr 25, 2020
eyinjuege:

So you want it to spread to their neighbouring cities and states? Lockdown should be enforced, simple .
No travelling about, no movement about. Simple as ABC.
Perhaps if more people had followed the rules of the lockdown put in place by the FG, the transmission of the disease would be lower.
How can all the people, health staff in their testing centres be positive to the corona virus?
You must think this is a joke.

Lol... You are not getting it...

Who is the biggest sharer and spreader of this virus if not Lagos and Abuja??!

You failed to lock down and shut off the epicenter of Covid-19, but all of a sudden day don break for Kano... Let's all keep deceiving ourselves!!!
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by eyinjuege: 10:37am On Apr 25, 2020
Angelfrost:

Sigh... How can educated people just forego the use of their brains??!

Learn to exercise your reasoning skills and put into use more of your critical thinking.
Try to recognize irrational thoughts and push them into the backburner.
Kano isn't the only city on lockdown. If anything at all, as a metropolitan city there is better access compared to many other states.
A surge in deaths has been seen over a very very short period. It isn't just caused by their existing health conditions, or even malaria.
These are adult deaths, and while malaria is a leading cause of death in Nigeria, it kills children more. Malaria treatment is over the counter or even use of traditional herbs which they have been using to cure their malaria since ages ago.
Why is there a report of such an exponential increase in deaths, the pattern almost seems to follow that of covid deaths.
It could possibly be another febrile illness like meningitis spreading, but it definitely isn't just due to poor access to healthcare because of the lockdown. Emergency services are not shut down as well, so what are we talking about?
One would be foolhardy not to strongly consider the spread of the covid19 in a period where there is an ongoing pandemic of this disease, spread by droplets/contact (even suspected to be airborne), in a city where lockdown hasn't been properly observed.

1 Like

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Razy75g: 10:40am On Apr 25, 2020
People wey sabi vote. Die Bastards
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by lastclaire4(f): 10:42am On Apr 25, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
The fear that Kano coronavirus figures might have exceeded that of Lagos could have made Ganduje not to order test kits. They don't have testing equipment for the past 5 days, yet they are the 3rd highest in the country and rumours of people dying are filtering

Dont believe these people. In kano they are attributing other deaths to covid. I feel the state is doing nonsense just to make money from it. Was it not last week or last two weeks they 150 people died in kano just because gandollar is looking for money.

If be is not looking for money, why didnt he lock down when lagos did. I knew we would come to this, as soon as EU brought that money.

1 Like

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 25, 2020
[s]
truthfulparrot:
What is happening in Kano State? I suspect that there is a sinister and diabolical cover-up going on in Kano.
All of a sudden, NCDC stopped testing for Covid 19 with the claim that they don't have test kits again. People are dying like fowls and the State government is vehemently denying and playing politics with it.

Ganduje thinks Covid 19 is Politics. He even appointment his daughter as the head of Covid 19 Taskforce in Kano State.

And why is the FGN silent about what is going on in Kano? Why can't they move testing kits from Abuja and Lagos to Kano!? What has happened to billions of naira that were allocated to Covid19?
I pity the poor people of Kano. They don't have a courageous Emir like Sanusi to speak for them

The FGN is obviously clueness, when it comes to Vivid 19 pandemic.
[/s]

Do you have proof that people are dying there mysteriously?
Don't turn everything to politics
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by eyinjuege: 10:46am On Apr 25, 2020
Angelfrost:

Lol... You are not getting it...

Who is the biggest sharer and spreader of this virus if not Lagos and Abuja??!

You failed to lock down and shut off the epicenter of Covid-19, but all of a sudden day don break for Kano... Let's all keep deceiving ourselves!!!

Lagos is more prepared than Kano.
It is obviously obvious.
They are opening different covid centres everyday in preparation for an upsurge.
They are doing home to home testing in hotspot areas in order to identify those who carry the disease or even have the disease
Lagos has publicly prosecuted celebrities who flaunted lockdown rules. (Lockdown is definitely not fully observed, as people will always break the law but they strictly asked religious houses not to hold services or prayers). Lockdown isn't perfect at all in Lagos, but I can see their preparedness since the onset of this pandemic. Churches and mosques are observing lockdown in Lagos, while it seems that is not the case in Kano and nobody seemed to care until these sudden deaths.
Kano has only just woken up from slumber, when the disease seems to have spread really far and wide.
How can every staff in a test center test positive? Weren't they wearing PPEs as advised?
What is going on?
If you try to politicize this, you're on your own. We're talking of human lives here.
Covid19 isn't here to play games with anyone, and the earlier we all take it as a war , the better. You need a lot of aggressiveness in approach to this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Badilstical(m): 10:48am On Apr 25, 2020
Racoon:
shocked Gandollar already strategizing on the alleged $15B grant he is expecting from the FG.Meanwhile, the grossly ignorant Kano populace were joking about this Covid19 issue-even gathering to watch a football match?
i smell lies which football match? Maybe hausa movies
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by buJu234: 10:48am On Apr 25, 2020
Can u guys see one of the reasons why voting for leaders during elections shouldn't be on religious, tribalism, nepotism, or party grounds

in this 21st century, it's a matter of your life or death??.

Now see the crops of leaders we voted for.. yet they are 80% clueless on how to handle this virus not to talk abt citizens dying from going hungry..

If only this will sound as a great lesson to all Nigerians ( present & future), that during elections u re handling over your life to either the one whose policies may kill u or make you live during the time of crisis.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Angelfrost(m): 10:49am On Apr 25, 2020
eyinjuege:

Learn to exercise your reasoning skills and put into use more of your critical thinking.
Try to recognize irrational thoughts and push them into the backburner.
Kano isn't the only city on lockdown. If anything at all, as a metropolitan city there is better access compared to many other states.
A surge in deaths has been seen over a very very short period. It isn't just caused by their existing health conditions, or even malaria.
These are adult deaths, and while malaria is a leading cause of death in Nigeria, it kills children more. Malaria treatment is over the counter or even use of traditional herbs which they have been using to cure their malaria since ages ago.
Why is there a report of such an exponential increase in deaths, the pattern almost seems to follow that of covid deaths.
It could possibly be another febrile illness like meningitis spreading, but it definitely isn't just due to poor access to healthcare because of the lockdown. Emergency services are not shut down as well, so what are we talking about?
One would be foolhardy not to strongly consider the spread of the covid19 in a period where there is an ongoing pandemic of this disease, spread by droplets/contact (even suspected to be airborne), in a city where lockdown hasn't been properly observed.

Please, read carefully my submissions and responses to others on this matter...

I have nothing against considering Covid-19 as part of the varied likely causes of deaths... I'm merely against raising alarm without proper investigations especially autopsies...

Kano state is well equipped to ascertain the primary cause(s) of these fatalities (Kaduna is close by and more than equipped to support)... The authorities down there are better informed than social media speculation.

...And yes, I find it hard to believe the virus will kill more people at such pace and time solely in Kano, while sparing the ground zero (Lagos)...
Lagos was far more accessible than Kano with higher risk or chances of spread long before the lock down.

I have my doubts, I have my concerns, and I have expressed them... This is called critical thinking sir!!! I will never be quick to follow general trains of thought!!!

1 Like

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 25, 2020
Kano probably has the worst state governor after Abia state.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Judybash93(m): 10:54am On Apr 25, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
The only governor that took this issue of coronavirus serious in north without playing their usual politics is Kaduna state governor but others was never serious with the issue before now is getting out of hand there.I'm not a fan of Kaduna state governor but I give it him

They'll learn
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by elchapoo: 10:54am On Apr 25, 2020
All these media houses spreading fear, over 150. People buried in three cemeteries and no single picture to show for it,
We saw the mass Graves in Brazil, America, Iran, Belgium and Italy.
How can 150 persons died and was buried in one day in 3 different cemeteries and that approximately 50 dead bodies per cemetery and their was no single pictures to show as evidence..
The best you did was to attach grave yard pics to the thread.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Damntruth(m): 10:56am On Apr 25, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
The only governor that took this issue of coronavirus serious in north without playing their usual politics is Kaduna state governor but others was never serious with the issue before now is getting out of hand there.I'm not a fan of Kaduna state governor but I give it him
that's man tried oo...imagine the first week of the lockdown in Lagos ..he bundled all the almajiris in buses gave the money and sent them back to their ..states ..5buses ..that saved the state alot..
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by ChoCho54(f): 11:02am On Apr 25, 2020
Osetiela!!

Blue3k I told you yesterday to enjoy your gloat over the death of 3m Biafran children because karma is already a family member of their murderers!

Hahahaha grin

1 Like

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by BlackBuhari: 11:03am On Apr 25, 2020
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by guiddoti: 11:03am On Apr 25, 2020
Why worry about people that refused change. Safe guard your territory from Kano travellers and resident from migrating to your state.

1 Like

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Nbg4real: 11:07am On Apr 25, 2020
Tissaia:
Fake news (also known as junk news, pseudo-news, or hoax news)[1][2] is a form of news consisting of deliberate disinformation or hoaxes spread via traditional news media (print and broadcast) or online social media.[3][4] Digital news has brought back and increased the usage of fake news, or yellow journalism.[5] The news is then often reverberated as misinformation in social media but occasionally finds its way to the mainstream media as well.[6]

Fake news is written and published usually with the intent to mislead in order to damage an agency, entity, or person, and/or gain financially or politically,[7][8][9] often using sensationalist, dishonest, or outright fabricated headlines to increase readership. Similarly, clickbait stories and headlines earn advertising revenue from this activity.[7]

The relevance of fake news has increased in post-truth politics. For media outlets, the ability to attract viewers to their websites is necessary to generate online advertising revenue. Publishing a story with false content that attracts users benefits advertisers and improves ratings. Easy access to online advertisement revenue, increased political polarization and the popularity of social media, primarily the Facebook News Feed,[3] have all been implicated in the spread of fake news,[7][10] which competes with legitimate news stories. Hostile government actors have also been implicated in generating and propagating fake news, particularly during elections.[11][12]

Confirmation bias and social media algorithms like those used on Facebook and Twitter further advance the spread of fake news. Modern impact is felt for example in vaccine hesitancy.[13]

Fake news undermines serious media coverage and makes it more difficult for journalists to cover significant news stories.[14] An analysis by BuzzFeed found that the top 20 fake news stories about the 2016 U.S. presidential election received more engagement on Facebook than the top 20 election stories from 19 major media outlets.[15] Anonymously-hosted fake news websites[3] lacking known publishers have also been criticized, because they make it difficult to prosecute sources of fake news for libel.[16]

The term "lying press"[17][18] is at times used to cast doubt upon legitimate news from an opposing political standpoint. During and after his presidential campaign and election, Donald Trump popularized the term "fake news" in this sense, regardless of the truthfulness of the news, when he used it to describe the negative press coverage of himself.[19][20] In part, as a result of Trump's misuse, the term has come under increasing criticism, and in October 2018 the British government decided that it will no longer use the term because it is "a poorly-defined and misleading term that conflates a variety of false information, from genuine error through to foreign interference in democratic processes."[21]
it is not fake news, I'm in contact with my relatives in kano, their are even seeking forgiveness incase they pass too. some are thinking it is maningities due to very hot weather.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 25, 2020
After mounting "birth toll" for many years mounting death toll is inevitable for people that can't reason beyond their dicks. Unplanned population explosion. Sticking to religious innuendos against family planning.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Jadeng: 11:16am On Apr 25, 2020
This might be fake news !
People who in Kano are saying otherwise !

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by eyinjuege: 11:19am On Apr 25, 2020
Angelfrost:

Please, read carefully my submissions and responses to others on this matter...

I have nothing against considering Covid-19 as part of the varied likely causes of deaths... I'm merely against raising alarm without proper investigations especially autopsies...

Kano state is well equipped to ascertain the primary cause(s) of these fatalities (Kaduna is close by and more than equipped to support)... The authorities down there are better informed than social media speculation.

...And yes, I find it hard to believe the virus will kill more people at such pace and time solely in Kano, while sparing the ground zero (Lagos)...
Lagos was far more accessible than Kano with higher risk or chances of spread long before the lock down.

I have my doubts, I have my concerns, and I have expressed them... This is called critical thinking sir!!! I will never be quick to follow general trains of thought!!!

Yes, we all should be concerned these are covid deaths.
Downplaying this will not get us anywhere.
Personally, I would ask everyone to treat it as covid until proven otherwise . They cannot afford not to do so, and they have to be more aggressive in trying to curb it.
Learn from other countries and don't wait to get the experience yourself.
If it walks like a dog, looks like a dog, barks like a dog, it must be a dog.
Trying to compare the rate of spread in Lagos to Kano may not be right in this case.
Lagos has been very active in their suspicion of cases, treatment and preparedness for almost 6 to 8 weeks now. They also have the advantage of previously managing Ebola in their state ie previous experience. There is a functioning infectious disease unit in Lagos for decades now.
They have been very proactive about this disease, unlike Kano which hasn't been proactive at allllll.
Lagos realised the possibility and the dangers of the spread ab initio.
I'm surprised Kano hasn't been proactive about this, specially because of their population. They should have been the ones spearheading this covid preparedness in the north, and not even Kaduna.
If Covid is spreading in Kano, then there is a BIG problem on our hands.
Meanwhile, comparing Lagos and Kano again, you have to consider their demographics. There are more educated people, more socially aware people in Lagos than Kano (pls, this is not a diss). More people in Lagos, compared to Kano have phones compatible with the internet and have data to find out what is happening around the world. They don't just rely on information from the govt tv/radio houses for information.

1 Like

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Santsal: 11:28am On Apr 25, 2020
computermouse:

Why do we like deceiving ourselves in this country- kano has a Free trade zone where all the Chinese operate from and most of kano textile market has been taking over by Chinese - abeg O! Let the coro help us reduce the over excess population explosion- maybe after this, when they tell
them this is real they would
believe it
What a wicked and sadistic post from a warped mind. I am from the East and honestly don't wish any harm to the people of Kano. How can you post what you wrote . How will you feel if people wish your race death from Covid 19

1 Like

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by NokiaN8(m): 11:32am On Apr 25, 2020
Earn ₦ 500 and get a fast, affordable loan with Branch! Get the Branch app: https://branch.co/download/v9030r. Be sure to enter my promo code v9030r to get ₦ 500 in credit after repaying your first loan.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Chapii: 11:43am On Apr 25, 2020
truthfulparrot:
What is happening in Kano State? I suspect that there is a sinister and diabolical cover-up going on in Kano.
All of a sudden, NCDC stopped testing for Covid 19 with the claim that they don't have test kits again. People are dying like fowls and the State government is vehemently denying and playing politics with it.

Ganduje thinks Covid 19 is Politics. He even appointment his daughter as the head of Covid 19 Taskforce in Kano State.

And why is the FGN silent about what is going on in Kano? Why can't they move testing kits from Abuja and Lagos to Kano!? What has happened to billions of naira that were allocated to Covid19?
I pity the poor people of Kano. They don't have a courageous Emir like Sanusi to speak for them

The FGN is obviously clueness, when it comes to Vivid 19 pandemic.
They are not dying from Covid, they are dying from lockdown
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 25, 2020
Are you really sure of this?
playapayaski:

Test center and everyone in it tested positive.. So they had to stop, testing kit is limited tho but they had to stop cos of the mystery of the infection there.. Both normal testing and pcr test came back positive.. Its crazy there NOW
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by donrexhibites(m): 11:55am On Apr 25, 2020
Remember how Kano shook the whole nation when INEC announced the election results, looks like there will be a repeat in relation to the number of deaths.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

COVID-19: 14 New Cases test positive, 1 Discharged Today. Toll Now 65 / #nobraday: Nigerian Lady Trolled On Twitter For Uploading This / Stop Squeezing Your Woman's Breasts: Medical Doctor Warns Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.