Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown (58506 Views)

What Not To Do During The Lockdown / Masturbate During Coronavirus Lockdown To Boost Your Immune System - Doctor / Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by annyz: 8:53am On Apr 25, 2020
Je ne sais pas quoi dire encore bis. Je prie que Dieu nous accordons miséricorde et essuie cette pandémie à la surface de la terre
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by delpee(f): 8:54am On Apr 25, 2020
Acidosis:
Lockdown would not be relaxed at this point because of Ramadan. That's the basic truth. This is the period some government offices close their doors untimely. This is the period those in the private organizations do not like to work while some sleep on duty.

Buhari isn't going to relax the lockdown until the second half or towards the end of Ramadan fast. This is the truth no Muslim will admit publicly.

Haba! This has nothing to do with Ramadan. The points have been well articulated by officials several times over. If you’ve been reading about cases that were publicized, you’ll understand that many now don’t know how and when they got infected. That’s community infection. Public transportation, markets, shopping malls, offices, hospitals, schools,Churches, Mosques, restaurants, hotels and clubs are places where many people can get infected at once. If we keep these places open when we have not tested a large number of people, we’ll be taking a huge risk. That’s what happened in Italy, Spain and US. In South Korea, it exploded when one infected person went to Church!

Honestly, I understand the hunger bit which is what I think we should address. Relaxing the lockdown now may not be in our best interests. We don’t have the facilities to cope with massive infection. Only when we survive can we reboot our economy.

People should help the less privileged as much as possible by providing food especially for them to stay at home. I’ve realized that toiletries are much needed too.

May God help us fight our battle against this unseen enemy. Amen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by kushe: 8:55am On Apr 25, 2020
Afolabimills:
Yet some wicked mofos can't help those in need that come online to beg for help I cried like a child yesterday morning when one very useless fellow insult me because I ask for financial assistance aka area4area where ever u are may God reward u n ur likes

Pls be humble.When you are going through stuff is a good time to exhibit humility. Pride and arrogance is very repulsive.

3 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by phoexix: 8:56am On Apr 25, 2020
Nothing can justify extending the lockdown.
This is because the numbers of infected persons keep increasing instead of reducing. Everyday the number keeps increasing without any new idea or solution. So of what use is the extension of the lockdown period.

3 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by kaysterMusic: 8:56am On Apr 25, 2020
but we are hungry na...Federal Government please have mercy on us...
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by adenigga(m): 8:56am On Apr 25, 2020
thegloor:

Empty stomach for 14 days?

Fellow Nigerians, Let's comply with ALL NCDC directives for our own good. Safety first, before any other thing.

Even with empty stomach?
Have you forgotten that a qualified Doctor will not give you an injection on empty stomach.

NCDC should agitate for supplies of foods, not just all these carbohydrates packages - rice, indomies, spaghetti etc. We need real food embedded with nutritional values.

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Acidosis(m): 8:57am On Apr 25, 2020
delpee:

Haba! This has nothing to do with Ramadan. The points have been well articulated by officials several times over. If you’ve been reading about cases that were publicized, you’ll understand that many now don’t know how and when they got infected. That’s community infection. Public transportation, markets, shopping malls, offices, hospitals, schools,Churches, Mosques, restaurants, hotels and clubs are places where many people can get infected at once. If we keep these places open when we have not tested a large number of people, we’ll be taking a huge risk. That’s what happened in Italy, Spain and US. In South Korea, it exploded when one infected person went to Church!

Honestly, I understand the hunger bit which is what I think we should address. Relaxing the lockdown now may not be in our best interests. We don’t have the facilities to cope with massive infection. Only when we survive can we reboot our economy.

People should help the less privileged as much as possible by providing food especially for them to stay at home. I’ve realized that toiletries are much needed too.

May God help us fight our battle against this unseen enemy. Amen

Amen. However, you have to look beyond what they tell you sometimes. I get your points though but in my view, Ramadan is why Buhari won't consider any option aside the traditional lockdown.

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by xclusive2ben(m): 8:58am On Apr 25, 2020
The fact of the matter is that, We will eventually survive! God help us all
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Seun(m): 8:58am On Apr 25, 2020
Ricchcream:
Nice suggestion, but who is that someone you have in mind?
For me, the ideal candidate has to have been running an organization with many branches all over the country or even the world. Aliko Dangote, with the assistance of an experienced epidemiologist from the South Korea CDC would probably do a way better job than the current NCDC DG. He grasps the magnitude of the problem which is why CACOVID ordered 400,000 test kits under his leadership. We need someone like that.

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by iKingsley(m): 8:58am On Apr 25, 2020
Health is wealth; wealth is health!
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Goovo(m): 8:59am On Apr 25, 2020
adenigga:

He meant robbery!
I thought as much

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 25, 2020
dudes obviously cashing out!..
why on earth will you lock people down without cash or palliatives and you keep spitting trash!...

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Hoodbilonia: 9:00am On Apr 25, 2020
If buhari has paid every citizen 50k every 2 weeks with pallatives shey anybody go complain about lockdown. God cursed Nigeria and everyone in it.
We are never getting to the promised land
Till Jesus christ comes and goes
Nigeria is cursed 4life

2 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Afolabimills(m): 9:00am On Apr 25, 2020
kushe:

Pls be humble.When you are going through stuff is a good time to exhibit humility. Pride and arrogance is very repulsive.
am sorry for the outburst so sorry d situation is so frustrating but anyhow I will not give up yet
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by mightymine(m): 9:01am On Apr 25, 2020
Yes we have to follows the directive but government are not doing good because people are hungry.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by missimelda01(f): 9:01am On Apr 25, 2020
Afolabimills:
Yet some wicked mofos can't help those in need that come online to beg for help I cried like a child yesterday morning when one very useless fellow insult me because I ask for financial assistance aka area4area where ever u are may God reward u n ur likes
Did you give them money to keep for you?
Everyone is managing at this point, do away with this entitlement mindset of yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by kokomilala(m): 9:02am On Apr 25, 2020
Something is amiss here. Recently, US scientists discovered that the virus could survive up to 18 hrs in cold weather and just two minutes in humid or hot conditions. In fact, the effects of ultra violet light has has direct impact on it.The question is : why are the figures not tumbling in Nigeria ,considering the very hot weather we are currently experiencing?
Is the NCDC ,in connivance with the government, trying to drive up these figures in order to,one,still be relevant. And,two,are they driven by the financial benefits that come from the government and international donors?
It's preposterous to shut down the economy and deny people their inalienable rights all in the name of creating a new order.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by surgical: 9:03am On Apr 25, 2020
Nigeriawarlord:

Fellow Nigerians, Let's comply with ALL NCDC directives for our own good. Safety first, before any other thing.

It's only the living that can make plans!

Stay Home, Stay Safe!

NigeriaWarlord........For The Defense Of The Nation
You are talking because you have food,what about those that can not afford,
Copy and paste solution can not work if you want to copy how it is done in other jurisdictions,you copy everything

3 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Afolabimills(m): 9:04am On Apr 25, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Instead pray to God to touch hearts, to make people sympathetic to ur situation. You don't call anyone wicked cos they didn't give to you cos you didn't give anyone money to keep for you.
seriously speaking in as much as I I agree with u it's so frustrating n annoying when u apologize for ur situation u are continuously insulted as if u intend for coming out to beg for help I pray d situation don't get worse than as it is going am however sorry for my outburst
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by blessed2maro(m): 9:04am On Apr 25, 2020
So if no vaccine we remain lock down. This virus has come to stay until a cure is found, so let us go out.

2 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Charleyz: 9:04am On Apr 25, 2020
untill people start are found death on the street before giving out each citizens some basic need..

idiot govt,
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Olarewaju89: 9:06am On Apr 25, 2020
Nigeriawarlord:

Stay Home, Stay Safe!

Thank you sir. I don't have food stuff again in my house me and my family. Pls check my signature you will see details. Thank

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Olarewaju89: 9:07am On Apr 25, 2020
surgical:

You are talking because you have food,what about those that can not afford,
Copy and paste solution can not work if you want to copy how it is done in other jurisdictions,you copy everything

Yes. I just beg him to send me something self

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Afolabimills(m): 9:07am On Apr 25, 2020
missimelda01:

Did you give them money to keep for you?
Everyone is managing at this point, do away with this entitlement mindset of yours.
u are not here to also insult me are u? having asked u that I tell u frustration can make u make mistake am sorry for my outbusrt 2wrongs don't make a right they say
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Chukwurah003: 9:08am On Apr 25, 2020
gospelpen:
The government will be making a very grievous mistake if the lockdown is not lifted this week.

I understand that the government needs to listen to doctors. They have done that already and kept everyone indoors.

Now it's time to listen to the economists while keeping the doctors close by. You cannot move the whole country beyond this point if you listen solely to NCDC or whatever they call themselves.

NCDC is mainly copying a model from their western counterparts without paying a close attention to the working formula they are also using to sustain their economy.

Devise a working formula for us, open up the economy and save the masses from the hunger that is everywhere already.

Send me a DM on Fiverr, let's talk business privately https://www.fiverr.com/s2/fa7f90d7b3?

I disagree. The government will be making a catastrophic mistake if the country is reopened without flattening the infection curve.

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Kubernetes: 9:08am On Apr 25, 2020
Nigeriawarlord:

Stay Home, Stay Safe!

In addition to wat u said,

1..Fed govt should give palliatives to the needy, to ease the lockdown.
2.. Nigerians should be their brother keepers by giving a little to the next door neighbor to feed.

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 25, 2020
Where I am there is no lockdown so I do not even know what lock down feels like.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Adebola314: 9:08am On Apr 25, 2020
Hungervirus and security operatives are killing more people in the country more than Coro.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 25, 2020
OgbeniOja1:
Las las lockdown go reach july
Amen

2 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by ezekins: 9:10am On Apr 25, 2020
Ncdc is merely deceiving themselves. covid19 can not be eradicated before the lock down is relaxed. Measures should be put in place and ask people to go back to their normal businesses. We have learned that the appropriate measures to be taken are wearing of face mask, hand sanitising and social distancing. Federal government of Nigeria should enforce them. Hunger virus has killed more than covid19. There is no free medical treatment of other illnesses and diseases and Ncdc is asking for extension of lock down. It's very unfortunate that we are in this position. As I write Ncdc has not asked Buhari to enforce known safety measures against covid19 instead they are asking for extension while allowing more people to be infected by not enforcing safety measures. I totally disagree with them. The government of Buhari should allow wisdom to prevail.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) / Launching Of Obijackson Children Hospital In Anambra, Nigeria (Photos) / How Hand Sanitizers Are Made In Lagos Market, Ojota - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.