Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu (12871 Views)

Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily / SIWN may arrest tinubu over fraud / EFCC Has Been Ordered To Arrest Tinubu – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by seanet02: 7:26am On Jan 08, 2011
@alhajrem, you likd jumping to unreasonable conclusions, why is Tinubu a crook? Substantiate your claim or GET LOST
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 7:27am On Jan 08, 2011
Ola edo:

Jega, who arrived in Ughelli in an helicopter about 2:22pm, was confronted by the protesters singing the praises of the Democratic Peoples Party (DPP) candidate, Chief Great Ovedje Ogboru.

They said the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) hijacked  ballot boxes and disenfranchised them.

ln Orogun community, the candidate of the Republican Party of Nigeria (RPN), Obarisi Ovie Omo-Agege, who was accredited about 1.22pm complained over INEC’s ‘’shoddy preparation’’. He said the commission failed in getting materials to voting centres by 8am for accreditation.

Omo-Agege said he was told    that suspected PDP thugs snatched ballot boxes in some voting centres.

On security men deployed for the poll, he said he had no confidence in them, alleging that they were being used by PDP to perpetrate rigging. He added that the  outcome of the rerun will be a litmus test for INEC.

‘’ We entered this election believing that it was going to be one-man one-vote, but l tell you that what am seeing now is a differnt thing from what I anticipated and l hope Prof. Jega is watching and will at the end of the day make statement about it.  This is because the PDP candidate, Dr Emmanuel  Uduaghan knew his government is no longer popular. So, the only thing for him  to do  was to hijack ballot boxes”.

OK . . . am I to take any of the above as evidence that the election was rigged by the PDP side ?
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by aljharem(m): 7:31am On Jan 08, 2011
Ola edo:

Here we go again.Always worried about yoruba business. grin  or do i not go to igbo business also undecided undecided

can i ask why i can not join yoruba business,,, am i not a nigerian again or do i not go to igbo business also undecided undecided no tell me cool
seanet02:

@alhajrem, you likd jumping to unreasonable conclusions, why is Tinubu a crook? Substantiate your claim or GET LOST

ok, did you hear of the railway project

he borrowed some couple of millions from the world bank,,,, in the name of lagos state

is lagos state is in debt,,,,,,

this project he did not do,,,,,

and were is the money he borrowed
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by aljharem(m): 7:37am On Jan 08, 2011
seanet02:

also, did you know why fashola and tiunbu fought last year

is it not because of tinubu tax company with 2.1bn lagos state money
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by aljharem(m): 7:38am On Jan 08, 2011
seanet02:

read this
http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2389:fashola-risks-impeachment-as-he-digs-into-bola-tinubus-n21bn-monthly-commission&catid=49:hardtalk&Itemid=75
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by seanet02: 8:33am On Jan 08, 2011
@alhajrem, stop being destructive like your boko harams bros, all you posted were mere allegations which can not be proved. If PDP has this type of evidence truly, Efcc will have jailed him.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by kettykin: 9:41am On Jan 08, 2011
Please the people threathening fire and brimstone , should be reminded that the fall of the first republic was from ibo majors and not a fall out of operation wetie , of which ibos are yet to recover from.

Not too long ago ObJ, MKO and 17 Yoruba (yoyo) generals where locked up by a single kanuri general ( Abacha) up till today nothing has come out of that except the same noise of I will do this , I will do that.

If tinubu or/and OBJ and other Yoruba (yoyo) people are locked by GEJ or Atiku (if he wins) be informed that the country will even have more peace the only thing is that there will be some bodies like NADECO doing their usual noise making.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by sochan: 11:17am On Jan 08, 2011
very funny, even in a forum with people of intelligence, we cannot agree on simple things.

I think I would suggest that those who have never taken part or been part of the electoral process should stop commenting about things, they no little or nothing about. In warri we call it "Who no go no Know"

Who decides who is corrupt is the big question. After all a deposed, fraudualent, money laundering ex-governor was allowed to run. So whats the diference, please leave Tinubu alone as far as i am concerned he has done nothing, neither has Atiku.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Solomon227(m): 12:08pm On Jan 08, 2011
If u are idle and looking for head-ache just open an argument with Kobojunkie.

However, I will be standing with him/her on this Tinubu saga. Most of his/her questions and submissions on this discuss are relevant.

While I like Tinubu for standing-up against PDP epidemic and most-importantly his dexterity in dealing with political "foes", I also know he is not innocent of heavy public looting. Tinubu, at one time or the other, has had frictions with Afikuyomi, Oshiomole, Ribadu, Ogunlewe, Fashola, Ganiyu Solomon, Lam etc but he has consistently managed to mend fence with these people and contributed to their political growth.

I want to link-up this neo-Tinubu saga with the impending April presidential election. GEJ and Jega have confirmed my premonition with the handling of the Delta re-run election. Like I always predict GEJ (fairly and "Iwully"wink will simply walk-over Atiku at the PDP primaries in d coming days.

He has wisely discovered his biggest problem now is Buhari.

If I am right in my mind-reading game, GEJ has designed a rigging model out of Delta re-run election (which I am not totally against). I lived in Delta state in the first election between Ogboru and Ibori. I have studied the results posted by INEC L.G.A by L.G.A and compared with my expectations and real-live election monitoring by SR and individuals and one thing is clear.

The most-populated L.G.As (which are mainly Urhobos) have incredibly low votes turnovers while the sparsely-populated L.G.A interestingly produced much higher votes. Ogboru strong bases witnessed ballot snatching, scarcity of ballots, instigated violence while his weak bases had a field day. Somehow this model worked: "Strengthen your Strength, Attack their Strength". At the end of the day d losers will have more difficulty to prove their cases at d court as  this model has improved on Iwu's rigging model.

Back to Tinubu. Tinubu is a big leverage to Buhari's ascendancy to Aso Rock. A signed deal between Tinubu ACN and Buhari means rigging the election becoming very difficult for PDP and its new rigging model. While GEJ/PDP have no problem with Ribadu flying d ACN's flag  they cannot afford to see Buhari and Tinubu sharing the same podium for presidential rally.

I am happy my man (GEJ) is finally using his head, albeit, wrongfully. All have sinned and come short of His Glory, framing-up Tinubu for a political goal is like cooking Indomie. And quote me anywhere nothing will happen (afterall only Ogun, Lagos and Oyo states in SW will be going into Govnorship election now).

So guys watch-out for the implementation of the new PDP rigging model in your L.G.A .  Peace-out!
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by frag(m): 12:25pm On Jan 08, 2011
Tinubu is in the same league with the likes of IBB, OBJ, Atiku and the rest. He is a bloody thief.
If i had my way all of these guys will be shot and everything they owned seized.
These guys don't care whether you starve provided there is enough for them to squander. Even the Yoruba people on here mouthing off in support of
Tinubu can not point to anything tangible he did for the people of Lagos. He is one of them people fraudulently using Awolowo's philosophy to deceive the people. I hate these bastards.
They are the reason why most Nigerians will never get to their full potentials
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 08, 2011
seanet02:

Kobojunkie or what did you call yourself, you are just an internet emperor, follow them to arrest tinubu and see the RED EYE OF YORUBA, what evidence does an internet warrior have that Tinubu is corrupt? NIL. If any it is cooked up. If you force GJ to do this then you can as well forget peace in this country. Becareful
Mouthy! I beg make we hear word.Nothing will happen.People bigger than him like Abiola,Awolowo were handled and nothing happened.Talk less of this agbero Grand-father holding a good Governor like Fashola to ransom, pass I beg make we here other people
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 08, 2011
seanet02:

Kobo, just send a call me back to Tafawa Balewa and ask him if he ever regret cooking up stories against AWOLOWO? Dont plunge Nigeria into darkness. I pity GJ, he want to use Graveyard as his PERMANENT BEDROOM. What killed Balewa is on his Path. There will be crisis. Dont try it. Kobo, ABO ORO LANBA OMOLUABI SO. Huum.
Another MOUTHY! Who will not finally have the graveyard as his bedroom.Even Awolowo,Abiola did,so dont single out Balewa.Tinubu too will just like Jonathan,you,me and everyone else so stop this empty threat.If Tinubu is investigated and found wanting why not? he should be dealt with according to the Law.He should not be scared if he has nothing to hide.Afterall the ATIKU we believe is so corrupt is not even scared of investigation and arrest in Nigeria.Tinubu love to play it dirty like he is doing using Lai Mohammed as his mouth piece,so he should expect what goes around comes around,PERIOD!
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 08, 2011
seanet02:

@alhajrem, stop being destructive like your boko harams bros, all you posted were mere allegations which can not be proved. If PDP has this type of evidence truly, Efcc will have jailed him.

And that is why they want to jail him now,it is not too late if he is found by the law to have defrauded the people of Lagos state.Tinubu should not get jittery if he truely has nothing to hide.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by hackney(m): 2:39pm On Jan 08, 2011
One can see that tinubu is hopelessly corrupt simply by observing what fashola has accomplished
via the same office.
All those politicians with demon-level corruption should all be quartered to bits.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On Jan 08, 2011
It is apparent from many of the responses on the thread that the politicians themselves are not the major problem to dealing with all the corrupt politicians. The people who continue to be enamored with them are.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by aljharem(m): 2:49pm On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

It is apparent from many of the responses on the thread that the politicians themselves are not the major problem to dealing with all the corrupt politicians. The people who continue to be enamored with them are.

gbam

in as much as i do not really like you nor support your views,,,, this time i totally agree

if the corrupt politicians are protected by there people how can corruption be tackled undecided
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Akainzo(m): 2:54pm On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Kobo, you might also want to know that most people just actually want a system where justice is the basis of government actions.
It is not enough to mouth that Tinubu is corrupt, it is that you have investigated and that you have a case against someone before you arrest him. Not that you arrest him and then start looking for evidences to support your decision. People like me would not support that, for that would lead to the steady demise of our rights and the country.

Note that EFCC did investigate this case and had to drop it for lack of evidence. Now 3 years later, no new investigations, you want to arrest him. On which evidences would this be based on? Don't let your hatred or dislike of the man blind you enough to start supporting injustice, ask the Germans the price they paid for allowing a man like Hitler go on that route.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 3:07pm On Jan 08, 2011
Akainzo:

Kobo, you might also want to know that most people just actually want a system where justice is the basis of government actions.

Action speaks volumes louder than words  . . . especially in Nigeria.

Akainzo:

It is not enough to mouth that Tinubu is corrupt, it is that you have investigated and that you have a case against someone before you arrest him. Not that you arrest him and then start looking for evidences to support your decision. People like me would not support that for that would lead to the steady demise of our rights and the country.

Interesting  . . .  replace the name Tinubu with, say, IBB, Obasanjo, or Atiku, and you have yourself a just country right? Lol  . . .  I mean check it out 

Akainzo:

It is not enough to mouth that Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida is corrupt, it is that you have investigated and that you have a case against someone before you arrest him.

Funny huh?

Well, no one is advocating he be arrested before there is sure evidence of his corrupt nature available. I don’t believe any sane person has suggested that happen at all.

Any who, this is not the first time with this rumor. It almost seems at this point that someone comes up every other month with this rumor to get people riled up but we never ever hear of anything even in plan from the other side.

Akainzo:

Note that EFCC did investigate this case and had to drop it for lack of evidence. Now 3 years later, no new investigations, you want to arrest him. On which evidences would this be based on? Don't let your hatred or dislike of the man blind you enough to start supporting injustice, as the Germans the price they paid for allowing a man like Hitler go on that route.
Well, the same EFCC also pretended to investigate people like IBB, Obasanjo, Atiku, Orji Kalu and to date . . . those men remain clean. Are you somehow suggesting we should then believe they are all not corrupt?

Please do not confuse me for your person there. I have no need to hate anyone of our politicians. I simply do not like the taste and smell of corruption in our system, and no matter what their party affiliations; I believe the corrupt should be brought to justice.

No matter who you are or how many people love you, corruption is corruption and the only way to get justice is when we deal fairly with those we choose to love and those we do not.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 3:13pm On Jan 08, 2011
@ ola edo, kettykin etc

You guys cannot compare a Military rule to a Civilian rule! Until GJ has arrested his fellow PDP members ( OBJ, IBB AND ATIKU) then he has no say!!! This would be viewed as injustice and I am sure OPC would take action! HABA!!! angry

@ kobojunkie
Do not get it twisted, this is not about fight corruption its about politically castrating a party!

@ Ola edo

Harem has every right to participate in a discussion as you are doing so I see nothing wrong in that undecided. Its a public forum and anyone can add there suggestion.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by OJ2010: 3:21pm On Jan 08, 2011
It is very unfortunate that Nigerians are very gullible.
Lai Mohammend makes allegation and Nigerians quickly believe it? Why can't we also think of the flip side that it could be a ploy to appeal to our sentiments as Nigerians? Lai Mohammed is being paid to do that on behalf of ACN and unfortunately Nigerians are so gullible at least based on the kind on comments i am seeing here.
But come to think of it I don't want to think that our gullibility is to the extent that we will believe Tinubu is a saint. Tinubu is as corrupt as any politician in Nigeria. As per Tinubu all you need to do is ask Surveyors on the Lekki Axis then you will hear stories, e.g Eko Akete estate etc.  LCC doing the Lekki -Epe road is another reference point hence the tolling arrangement that is now Fashola's albatross.
All we need do is if he is that clean then where is his companies/establishment that generates income for him to be the biggest financier of ACN at least in the SW?
We need to get real and not emotional most times
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Missy85(f): 3:28pm On Jan 08, 2011
Akainzo, well done for a level-headed contribution.

Most pple say Tinubu is corrupt, like most nigeria politicians. Dont know much about the basis for this near-consensus view, but whatever the truth is, we must lend our voice to certain fundamental principles:

- a person is innocent until provenn guilty
- judicial intimidation of any form against any citizen is unconstitutional & condemnable
- it is not the job of a president to orchestrate a judicial kidnap of a political opponent few weeks to an election.

If there's a genuine case against this guy, it should be laid before a court, preferably after the elections. Any action taken before the elections will lack credibility & owill  only harden support amongst his followers.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 3:29pm On Jan 08, 2011
Missy85:

Akainzo, well done for a level-headed contribution.

Most pple say Tinubu is corrupt, like most nigeria politicians. Dont know much about the basis for this near-consensus view, but whatever the truth is, we must lend our voice to certain fundamental principles:

- judicial intimidation of any form against any citizen is unconstitutional & condemnable
- it is not the job of a president to orchestrate a judicial kidnap of a political opponent few weeks to an election.

If there's a genuine case against this guy, it should be laid before a court, preferably after the elections. Any action taken before the elections will lack credibility & owill  only harden support amongst his followers.

WELL SAID!!!
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by maasoap(m): 3:39pm On Jan 08, 2011
@Kobojunkie
I really admire you for your opinions on most of the topics.
Atiku didn't make a statement that justify a treasonable act, it was a quotation to make every rigger careful. "those who make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable".
For the fact that mr A. embezzled money and he wasn't tried doesn't mean that corrupt mr B. must not be tried. Bode George is a PDP member and he's now in prison. The truth is that there is random selection for trial in Nigeria and if your Godfather's number is picked, that's his luck.
If he's arrested or tried just like Bode George, will you be among the people that will cause mayhem?
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On Jan 08, 2011
maasoap:

[size=14pt] The truth is that there is random selection for trial in Nigeria and if your Godfather's number is picked, that's his luck.[/size]
If he's arrested or tried just like Bode George, will you be among the people that will cause mayhem?

MINT !!! ROFLMAO!!
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Donmeca(m): 3:52pm On Jan 08, 2011
Mohammed said: "Now, we have it on a good authority that the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, (Mr. Mohammed Adoke), has been under tremendous pressure to look for any offence, no matter how flimsy, to get Tinubu arrested and prosecuted – just to put him away." He alleged that the President "may sign a warrant of Tinubu’s arrest anytime from now."

Y shud he commit any offense, even if it were "flimsy". this Lai Mohd sabi lie ooo. If Tinubu is suspected of any wrong doing, now is even the best time to jail him. . .it will be more painful to him and his kind.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 08, 2011
Tinubu is a THIEF.
Tinubu is a Certficate FORGER.
Tinubu settled DRUG TRAFFICKING and money laundering charges with US law enforcement agency.
Tinubu has the most documented case of operating illegal foreign accounts with several account numbers published with balances.
TINUBU ROBBED LAGOS AND IS STILL RUBBING LAGOS BLIND.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Donmeca(m): 4:04pm On Jan 08, 2011
Missy85:

I disagree with based on d bold items. Who says u can't arrest a priest in d middle of his sermon? any time is ripe to arrest any corrupt person. . .i wud even prefer it now, provided they have enough evidence to send him to kirikiri, so that others will learn lasting lessons. If u want to defeat an opponent, hit hardest at his weakest point.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by aljharem(m): 4:07pm On Jan 08, 2011
jerseyboy:

Tinubu is a THIEF.
Tinubu is a Certficate FORGER.
Tinubu settled DRUG TRAFFICKING and money laundering charges with US law enforcement agency.
Tinubu has the most documented case of operating illegal foreign accounts with several account numbers published with balances.
TINUBU ROBBED LAGOS AND IS STILL RUBBING LAGOS BLIND.

gbammm

a big thief

it is only fashola and adam that is making him look good
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Olaedo1: 4:14pm On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

@ ola edo, kettykin etc

You guys cannot compare a Military rule to a Civilian rule! Until GJ has arrested his fellow PDP members ( OBJ, IBB AND ATIKU) then he has no say!!! This would be viewed as injustice and I am sure OPC would take action! HABA!!! angry

I am totally against GJ having tinubu arrested because of some nonsense politics. Now if he arrests him after elections along with OBJ and Atiku then that is kudos.If GJ wants to play politics he should play it cleans since he claims to do things fairly.And as far as the OPC, they do not get into politics.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Becomrichn: 4:16pm On Jan 08, 2011
This is one of the problem with Nigeria. the reason Atiku brother would remember me very well. The reason he would remember me very well is, he gave me a project to do for N30,000 and my income at that time was N600, it means i was making N7200 a year. N30,000 at that time was alot of money. I was to design a system for the company. But someone who worked for the company and would sign out, wanted me to give him bribe, and I told that man. I am christain , I dont give or take bribe.   I Dont give bribe and I dont take bribe. I know that sound funny to nigerian

And you know in Nigeria, if you dont bribe , you must take bribe. I refuse and it was a big show then, because people dont do it in nigeria. That why he would remember me very well.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 4:19pm On Jan 08, 2011
Ola edo:

I am totally against GJ having tinubu arrested because of some nonsense politics. Now if he arrests him after elections along with OBJ and Atiku then that is kudos.If GJ wants to play politics he should play it cleans since he claims to do things fairly.And as far as the OPC, they do not get into politics.

Why after elections? Why? I mean should the police also wait till after elections to arrest known criminals? If there is evidence now that they are criminals, why wait till after elections?
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 4:19pm On Jan 08, 2011
Ola edo:

Okay, i get you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? / Jimi Agbaje Live On Channels TV. / $2.1b Deals: Minimah Refunds N1.7b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.