Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:06 PM

Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) (2311 Views)

"Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. / RESTLESS - An Action/Romance Thriller / THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Divepen1(m): 10:12am On Apr 25, 2020
Hi...
Here is book 4 of Fortune City Series but is not in any way a continuation of the past story. Each story has its life of its own and is only linked to the other part of the series like human beings are connected by a single location and set of natural or man-made events.

Our location this time is 'Fortune City', a fictitious Island built that has information given to us by lovers and readers.
You can drop a name for things you will like to see.

That's where we saw Malachy Town and Street
Queenitee's Hotel e.t.c

Calling all Fortune City Citizens, fans, and friends.

Here's a story about a girl that woke in a strange room and remembered nothing but her name, Rachael. She was forced to go into a gruesome training that shreds her of humanity, to be the perfect weapon- A young, thinking, swift killing machine.

Cc

Queenitee
OluwabuqqyYOLO
MichaelBlake40
Germaphobe
Dawno2008
Creeza
KishPelz

Blesstar
Eponymous
Fazemood
Iralife
Charminee
Jackoosy
Dimssy

Lordfave98
Aceed
Sikiratu
Lady25
Sosonwa
Jagugu88li

Okeyben10
Deleman234

Lahrra
Gurusmarstk
Cardiojosh
Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 25, 2020
Present!
Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Divepen1(m): 10:20am On Apr 25, 2020
Chapter 1
Awakening

She groaned lazily and felt the softness of a pillow against her neck. Her head ached. Everything was woozy. Drifting in and out of consciousness, she couldn’t stop wheezing.
‘Jessica, what are you doing there?’ A tiny voice whispered hastily. Someone got pulled off the bed she was lying. It ruffled her.
‘She was groaning…’ The other voice muttered.
Breathing heavily, she opened her eyes.
‘Her eyes, Rita. They are opened’.
‘Just pray it works this time?’ Rita murmured.
Two girls rushed to the bed. The younger one ran around the bed to the other side.
‘What’s your name? How did you get here?’ She shouted.
‘Jessica, leave her be’, Rita, the older of the two, said. The younger one frowned and murmured.
‘Rachael…’ She replied.
Then, Rachael tried remembering things about her life but couldn’t remember anything at all. Not even a single event. Everything was blank. Not even a little information was available. It felt like she was in a large white room with nothing to look at.
‘She said her name is Rachael’, Jessica replied happily. ‘She remembers…’
Her eyes shone with joy as she eventually climbed the bed.
‘Get off the bed’, Rita shouted.
‘But Rita…’ Jessica cried.
‘Get yourself off that bed now…’ Rita commanded.
Jessica murmured and crawled down the bed. By this time, Rachael’s eyes were becoming clearer.
‘Where am I?’ Rachael asked the staring into their eyes.
‘Yes. Who are you?’ Jessica said.
Rita glanced at Jessica. ‘Remember…’
Jessica pouted for a while and nodded.
Rachael blinked repeatedly. ‘Who am I?’
‘Is she Hausa? Jessica asked again and turned towards Rita.
‘Can’t you hear her accent. It’s not like Hausa’s,’ Rita sneered.
‘Then, why is she asking questions like Hausa?’ Jessica asked.
Rachael was confused about what Jessica was saying. Her headache was depleting but she couldn’t’ remember anything.
‘What do you mean?’ Rita asked and used the back of her hand to check Rachael’s temperature. ‘What are you saying?’
Jessica shook her head, staring at her sister as if she was expecting her to know what she meant.
‘You know? The way those Hausas ask people ‘am I mad?’
‘No… No…’ Rachael cut in. ‘Who am I?’
Jessica and Rita glanced at each other as if they were hearing such a question for the first time.
‘What do you mean “who are you”?’ Jessica asked.
At the same time, something cranked loudly outside the house. The two girls shot themselves a knowing glance and dashed out room.
‘Baami’, Jessica repeatedly shouted as she raced off. She was plump and had short hair as if they had been eaten off by rats. ‘She’s awake’.
Rita, the slimmer one, was hot on her heel too. In a few minutes, they were both rattling to the person she was yet to see. This propelled Rachael to sit up and probably get away. She knew she wasn’t meant for this place. The feeling hung on to her gut.
The girls too didn’t know who she was as she saw in their look.
‘Then, it’s time for her to go to her room’, the man’s voice.
At that point, a fat man came into the room.
‘But…’ Jessica said and hurried back, in front of the man as she glanced up at him.
He looked stern and happy at the same time. He was partially limping.
‘But whatiii? Jessica. You can see pe… she has to go her room. Don’t you see? Because I tell you everything about what we do, does not mean we have to flout or flaunt orders’, the man said.
‘Flout…’ Rita corrected. She was not as high strung as Jessica.
‘Wo. Anyone. Just know that she’s to go her room’, the man said.
Jessica was still not satisfied and that aroused Rachael’s interest as she kept staring from one person to another.
Words were forming and disappearing at the same time in her mind. She wanted to ask a lot of questions from everything they were saying.
‘I wanted to say… You told us the doctor said she needed human connection. Baami. She’s lonely. Like me. I’m also lonely. Let her stay with me’.
‘You are drunk. O n sun… Send her away. Take her to her room’.
Rita, sad, came towards Rachael.
‘She remembered her name…’ Jessica lamented. ‘This is like the fifth time they are doing that stupid thing. She still remembers her name. Let her be with me’.
The man turned towards Jessica. ‘Ah! This girl should never leave this house. She talks a lot and knows everything we are doing already. That’s why I don’t let you go out of this house’.
Jessica flopped on the bed.
‘I’m lonely here. It’s lonely and boring and silent. Except when my teachers are around. And they think I don’t have brain. So, they give me a lot of assignments’
‘Shut up! You have brain’, the man said.
‘She meant they think she can’t comprehend things’, Rita added.
‘Shut up! I understand my daughter. Gb’enu e soun’.
‘So…’ Rita said, and everyone became silent. Rachael banked on that to get up and moved toward them. ‘I’m not your daughter…
‘Oh! You too. Fimisile jare. I’m tired. You can’t disturb my life. You’re my daughter. The real good child. This one. She’s trouble. You can’t be trouble too…’
Jessica folded her arms across her chest. ‘Leave that one o. Rachael should stay with us…’
‘No… You know what? Don’t take her to her room again’, the man said and spun around. Then, he shouted, ‘Marcus… Marcus. Or One of you guards come inside’.
Someone came into the room and the man wearing the regalia pointed at Rachael.
‘Take her to her room’ the man said.
‘Yes, Chief’, the person said.
‘What? Where are you taking me’, Rachael said as the horror of ignorance engulfed her.
She withdrew to the other side of the bed.
Chief yelled, ‘You better let him take you. You want to go worowo’.
‘No. Leave me’, Rachael yelled and withdrew.
The guard now looked furious and intense.
‘Rachael… Go with them. This is not your first time’, Rita said.
‘Leave her’, Jessica shouted. ‘Every time. Every time. You just let her stay here. It’s only her name she remembers. Let her go’.
This gave Rachael the necessary energy she needed to fight them.
She ran up the bed, but the guard seemed prepared for her. He moved in such a way that she couldn’t do anything. Her head was upside down.
She clung to the wall and yelled her head off, but it was a fruitless effort.
He picked her like a piece of paper and left with her, with her legs jiggling as he whisked her off. Water dripped down her nose to her eyes, but she didn’t mind.
She coughed, and Jessica was behind them.
‘Let her stay with us awhile. She will play with us and come for training or whatever you’re doing.
‘Gbenu e soun. Talkative’, Chief shouted.
‘Baami, please’, Jessica cried and tugged at Chief’s regalia.
‘Rita, take her inside’, Chief ordered, smacking her hands off.
Rita went for Jessica, who shook her body off and walked off. Rachael wished she could beg her to stay. Seeing her was enough motivation as she tried wriggling out of the man’s hand.
But, it was a rootless hope.
Rachael was soon silent as the guard dropped her in a room and closed it behind her. She sprung up and ran for the door, but it was locked. Nowhere else was there to escape through. All hopes in her were dashed as she kept pulling the door.
She cried throughout the night.

4 Likes

Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Divepen1(m): 10:21am On Apr 25, 2020
guruzmarstk:
Present!

Welcome boss. Posted already
Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by germaphobe(m): 10:49am On Apr 25, 2020
present sir, thanks for the mention. lets ride on boss
Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Cardiojosh(m): 12:37pm On Apr 25, 2020
Another bomb.
Thanks for the mention
Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Divepen1(m): 4:21pm On Apr 25, 2020
germaphobe:
present sir, thanks for the mention. lets ride on boss

Thanks for your response... Welcome
Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Divepen1(m): 4:21pm On Apr 25, 2020
Cardiojosh:
Another bomb. Thanks for the mention

Welcome baba
Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by wisestar(m): 11:33pm On Apr 25, 2020
wow! another banger
Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Divepen1(m): 12:34am On Apr 26, 2020
wisestar:
wow! another banger
Yessssooooooo!!!!!
Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Creeza(m): 6:56pm On Apr 27, 2020
What made her lose all her memories? Am Curious tho
Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by skubido(m): 10:07pm On Apr 27, 2020
Following
Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Ann2012(f): 8:16am On Apr 28, 2020
Presently present
Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Divepen1(m): 11:50am On Apr 28, 2020
Creeza:
What made her lose all her memories? Am Curious tho

I insinuated there that Chief Suberu had someone do that... But you will learn more in consequent parts..

1 Like

Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Divepen1(m): 11:50am On Apr 28, 2020
skubido:
Following
Welcome boss
Ann2012:
Presently present
Oyaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Divepen1(m): 5:18pm On Apr 28, 2020
Chapter 2
Tanko's Race

Rachael glanced about in fear. She had dreamt of a fair girl chasing her in her dream. The girl’s face was blurry, but her name, ‘Chioma’ rang still in her mind.
Even without seeing her, Rachael was afraid of what the girl could do to her.
Rachael laid in bed and could still feel the lines of tears on her face from crying herself to sleep. Someone opened the door and dropped a nice food, wrapped with ‘Toris Kitchen’ nylon. He wondered what she was doing there.
She couldn’t tell when she slept off, but she bounced out of bed immediately someone touched her.
‘Racheal?’ A small girl’s voice.
‘Who is that?’ She said and scrambled out of bed. ‘Who...’
‘Jessica. I was in the room when you woke?’
‘That girl’.
‘Yes...’
‘What do you want?’
Jessica sat on the bed. ‘Baami bought me these binoculars. It can see in the night’.
‘How did you enter?’ Rachael said and rose, realizing that it was the perfect opportunity to escape.
‘I opened the door’.
‘Then, I’m leaving’,
‘Please... No...’ Grace said and grabbed her.
Rachael sneered and pushed her off.
‘They will not allow me come again. They will catch you’, Jessica said raspily. ‘The fence is high and has electric barb fence. They will catch you’.
‘I’m leaving’, Rachael said and sneaked out of the room. She stopped when she got to a corner.
Grace came near her. ‘They will not let me see you again. You’re not the first person to come here. All of them just left. They took them away Rita says they sent them back, but I think they kill them. Many of them, too, did not remember anything. Baami said I can be friend with you. Don’t go!’
Rachael paused and looked into the field. It was indeed filled with the brightness of different fluorescents lamps and security men stood in their corners.
‘What does he want?’ Rachael whispered.
‘They said they are training you’.
‘I don’t want...Rachael growled.
‘Don’t shout’, Jessica pleaded. She came near and covered Rachael’s mouth. ‘We should go inside...’
Rachael pulled Jessica’s hand off. ‘No...’
‘Please. You have no choice. They will tase you...’
‘Tase...?’
‘The guards have all these electric gun that they use in American film that has electric in it’.
‘I don’t know it...’ Rachael shrugged.
‘It’s called a Taser. They will use it on you’.
‘I want to go...’
‘Go where?’
Rachael stared about. ‘I don’t... But I want to go… Leave. Who am I?’
‘You said your name is Rachael’.
‘Yes. I don’t remember anything’.
‘Well, I don’t know if that’s how others do, but you are the first we are allowed to talk to...’ Grace said.
Rachael glanced at her and back at the field. It was truly guarded. There was no way she could run through the field without being caught. She had to wait for the day when she was sure of a place to go.
‘But I can bring a book for you that you will always write things you remember...Baami told us his doctor wiped your brain five-time because you keep remembering your name’.
‘Why? What did I do for them?
‘I told you… They’re training you for something…’
Rachael stared at her like she was examining herself in a mirror. Jessica pulled her hands and moved towards the room.
‘It’s time to go back’.
But Rachael shook her head and snatched her hand.
‘Please... They will catch us’, Jessica murmured.
Rachael glanced at her and the field again. She hated that she would have to agree with her. She hissed.
She was angry at herself for believing Jessica.
As soon as Rachael entered the room, Jessica pulled back and closed the door.
‘What?!’
Rachael turned. Her worse fear returned: wall.
She pulled at the door, but like the other time, it was closed. What if she didn’t die? She should have run for it that time.
Now, she was stuck in the house. The thought of that alone was disheartening.
Again, she cried herself to sleep.
Before long, she was roused out of sleep with a series of gunshots in the room. Rachael had never jumped that fast. She scrambled out of bed, into a corner.
As if reading her fears, light from a big halogen lamp flooded the room and blinded her vision. She never knew it was in the place.
The pain got to her. ‘Arghh!!’
‘Get out! Now! Now!’ A husky voice said over the also invisible public address system.
Rachael sprung off the floor when rock music began playing with incredible ferocity. It was screaming. Get out! She dashed out of the now opened door.
A hefty guard was already waiting for her with koboko. When she saw him, she crashed and scrambled back into the room. He stared at her with no emotion. She wondered if he was a statue. Bland look. She swallowed hard as her pants intensified.
The crazy rocking music stopped and was replaced by a burst of wild laughter that really unhinged her.
Then, he sighed loudly.
‘Run!!!’ The voice from the public address system shouted. She turned about in wonder as to where the sound was coming from.
‘You have just 30 seconds to start running towards the house at the end of the field. Tanko with the koboko will start chasing you from there’.
She almost laughed because she was sure there was no way she could outrun Tanko even without seeing the place they were running too.
‘Let me go! Who am I?’ She shouted and spun desperately.
The person over the PAS stopped talking, and a female robotic voice began the countdown. Tanko didn’t move an inch.
When the person over the PAS acted as if wasn’t aware of her plea and the countdown was getting near zero, she knew it was better to run. And run, she did.
She sped off. The house was at the northwest of the place she was coming from. It was the only house there. Light shone from within its glass walls. Trees and thickets filled everywhere, alongside the more electric fence around the thickets. She was limited to the path.
Rachael cried as she sped off into the path.
The PA was louder per bend. She looked back when the time got to zero and saw Tanko, with his hands raised in the air, as he raced towards her.
She sped off with all her might, crying to catch her breath. The ground wasn’t doing her any favour. It was slippery and rough at several points. Despite the sight of the house afar, it felt like two years’ journey.
The path charted towards the glasshouse was curly, and she had to run around the field before getting there. So, she sped off with her might. Someone was cackling and screaming through the PA. It worked. Her fear was heightened. She increased her pace and could only think of avoiding those thickets. Her heart raced as she looked back to see Tanko catching up.
She screamed her head off when she sighted the house wasn’t near.
‘Oh! God! She yelled and stumble. Her first instinct was to look at Tanko. He was catching up to her. She crawled up and pushed herself forward as he didn’t reduce his speed or act as if he would stop for her to catch her breath or stabilize herself.
Rachael jumped and ran again. Heavy breathes.
None of it was working. Even her fear got in the way and released her tear bank. So, she resorted to hoping instead of running. She was stretching her legs as fast as she could, but it wasn’t easy.
Tanko caught up with her and the five mouth koboko struck her faster than lighting.
She yelped. Her feet became faster than a rolling fan. Tanko caught up with her again. The sound of the swiping koboko was more painful than the touch itself. Every pulse in her raced as she screamed.
This time, she entered the house. With the pain still pulling at her sanity, she fell to the ground and cried. Tanko was now waiting by the door, panting like a bulldog.
A woman was seated in a white cloth, with her legs crossed.

3 Likes

Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by skubido(m): 5:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Divepen1(m): 7:04pm On Apr 30, 2020
skubido:
Thanks for the update
You're so welcome.
Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by wisestar(m): 11:31pm On May 01, 2020
wow! her training don start. I will call this the training of determination, no matter how deadly the mission is she must accomplish it.
Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Divepen1(m): 11:35pm On May 01, 2020
wisestar:
wow! her training don start. I will call this the training of determination, no matter how deadly the mission is she must accomplish it.
Let's hope... Because getting trained when I don't know I am, I will never concentrate...
Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Creeza(m): 3:58pm On May 02, 2020
Nice one boss. Thanks for the update.!
Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Divepen1(m): 4:55pm On May 02, 2020
Creeza:
Nice one boss. Thanks for the update.!
Thanks baba... You're so welcome

1 Like

Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by yungbanks(m): 5:21pm On May 02, 2020
Am here man remember to mention me ooo

1 Like

Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Divepen1(m): 6:57pm On May 02, 2020
grin Welcome baba...
yungbanks:
Am here man remember to mention me ooo
Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Divepen1(m): 6:58pm On May 02, 2020
Chapter 3
The woman, a Chinese, sat on a mat with her eyes closed. Rachael panted and glanced back to be sure she was free from Tanko.
The Chinese woman pointed to a place opposite her. ‘Welcome, I’m Wu’.
Rachael held her breath. This is not real, she thought. Everything would soon be over.
She looked around the white room. The light of the room accentuated its brightness. There should an escape somewhere, she hoped. Rachael looked about and dashed for some parts of the room. But the only door was the one she came through.
If she had to die, then she would try escaping Tanko.
‘You know we’ve got all the time of the year for you. Everyone thinks you’re the one’, Wu said.
Rachael swallowed as she backed away towards the door. Quickly, she spun around to look at the door. Tanko, heaving like a monster under leash, stood outside. Everything about him was ominous. His red eyes spoke volume. Slashes were everywhere on his body.
‘Oh, God! Help me!’ She muttered.
Wu opened her eye. ‘Have your seat’.
‘No…’ Rachael whimpered, shaking her head. She opened the door and turned sideways to have a view of both Tanko and Wu.
‘You know you can’t go anywhere?’ Wu said assuredly.
Rachael hated that tone. ‘You can’t tell me what to do. Who am I?’
‘Sit down…’ Wu said with her knees still beneath her.
The door cranked alongside Tanko’s wheeze.
‘Okay… Okay…’ She muttered as her eyes dashed from Wu to Tanko. She looked through the forest and knew it was worth the risk.
‘I said…’ Wu started to say, but she didn’t wait to hear the rest.
Rachael flung herself on to the sandiest part of the field. Tanko was quick to react. She wheezed as she packed sands in both hands.
As fast as she could be, Rachael flung the sand into Tanko’s eyes. He raged. But she didn’t wait to see the outcome. As fast as she could scramble out of his reach, she did and raced off into the field.
Not the paths, Rachael warned herself. Quickly, she dashed into bushes.
The bushes were dry, and their stems slashed her fair skin. She was better gone than to care about her skin. Everything around her felt hazy. Tanko’s noise became louder. But she had a feeling that there were other people there with the two of them.
Well, she wouldn’t want to wait to find that out. All that she wanted at the moment was an out.
‘Help me!!!’ She yelled as she pushed her way through the bush.
There was a path leading away. The moment she stepped into this path, a loud alarm began to yell.
Noise of different people erupted from different places at the same time. She jumped as if the floor was on fire. Her mind raced with fear. She would die. She just knew it. Everywhere was the same. Suddenly, someone came out, ahead of her. He spread his arms as if to tell her she was on a fool’s errand.
‘Oh, God!’ She winced as she tried to stop. He raced towards her.
She didn’t even think twice, she scrambled up and picked her way through another set of a bush. Luckily, there wasn’t a barbed wire around it.
Not waiting to soak in the information, she raced through it. Noise came from her right. The best option was to run off to into the thicker part of the forest. There was no way she would remain in that house. Several huge trees sometimes scared her, but now, they all looked like barriers she must surmount.
She wanted to shout but feared that might give her away. So, she raced down the path that was becoming bigger. All that mattered was to find another means of escape that wouldn’t make them find her.
‘Hey! Young girl’, an old man said in Yoruba.
Her eyes popped open in appreciation. That was just what she needed. She never knew how she understood him but was relieved.
‘Help me…’ She pleaded.
‘What’s pursuing you?’ The man said, adjusting his wrapper.
‘Men… Huge men’.
‘Who are you?’ The man said and peered into the distance.
She glanced back and was relieved to see that they didn’t follow her down the path ‘Rachael…Rachael. That’s all I know’.
‘Who’s after you?’
‘I don’t know them. They kept me in this house, and I don’t know…’
‘In this my forest. I will send the gods to destroy their lives…’ The old man yelled.
‘Please, just hide me….’
‘Go inside and hide all you want. Nobody is getting you from me’, the old man said.
After what felt like forever, she was sure they weren’t coming. By this time, she had stopped panting. The man’s house was still manageable. She seemed to have lived in a place like before this but couldn’t remember the place. All she wanted was to get away. Run. Disappear.
The old man entered. ‘Nobody is coming for you… Are you sure you saw people?’
‘Yes, sir. Two huge men…’ Rachael said.
‘Have you eaten?’ The old man asked.
Rachael shook her head. At that moment, food was the least of her worries. All that of importance was that she was safe and out of their reach.
‘Then, you must have something to eat’, the old man said and went around to get a cup, tea and milk.
‘My son bought these for me. You should drink from it. He went to the room and came out with loaves of bread.
Rachael shook her.
‘Well, whenever you are’.
The old man left. Rachael glanced at everywhere. The things she saw began to get to her. Skulls laid at different parts of the room. The weak light of the house was more effective in aggravating her fear.
She looked about in horror. What if this man wanted to kill her? She shook her head.
After a while, she rested. Her fear dissipated and all that remained was hunger. Her stomach kept rumbling, and the imagination of eating the food in front of her recurred.
The tins of milk and tea were both sealed, indicating they were new. Even the loaves of bread hadn’t been tampered with. So, she helped herself to it.
‘Good… Listen to me now’, the old man said.
‘Sir?’
‘There are some men outside, and I think you will love you to follow them’.
‘Yes, sir’.
The man smiled and turned sideways. ‘The coast is clear. Come for her’.
Three men entered. She remembered seeing the one with the suit before, when he pointed a gun at her, scaring her. But now, she felt like following him anywhere. So, she shrugged.
They led her away.
‘Increase the security of the fence. Now, we know she will always run away’, the man on suit said when they got back to the field.
‘Remember what Baba said…’ The other person said.
‘To hell with him’, the man on suit said. ‘I already threw the charm away. We want to train a live breathing assassin, one that can think on her feet. We are not breeding mindless zombies here’.
‘But…’
‘Don’t you dare finish that statement. And I will tell Chief. Any day that man touches any of our trainee with his charm again, I will kill him. I have to wait until the effect wears off. Look at her, following me without resistance’.
‘Is that not good… At least she will?’
‘Shut up’, the man on suit shouted and slapped the other person. His eyes were red now. ‘Does this look like an animal we can tame?’
‘She’s a girl…’ The other person replied.
‘She’s supposed to fight me. And be ready to escape. I need someone to tame. Not one whose will is inhibited by a crazy charm. She has to learn compliance. Let her fight it because she’s human, but we will train her to know how to let the emotion go. Not that we forcefully take the will out of her hands. Let her learn when to push emotion aside’.
The other person shrugged. ‘And you don’t dare slap me again. I’ll let this pass. What does it matter how she comes under the power of our charm? Charm. Training all the same. Marcus. All the same…’
Marcus smiled and closed her eyes. He turned to Rachael. ‘Remember this… I hope you do remember this when you’re no longer gullible’.
Marcus kicked the other person in the groin, making him cringe to the ground. With more force, he kicked the other person’s face. Again. And Again. Marcus didn’t stop even when blood oozed from his nose.
‘You. Dare. Not… Talk... To… To ... Me… Again. Never. Not now. Not tomorrow. I’m your superior’.
He brushed his suits and wiped his shiny black shoes. ‘Rachael let’s go back to your training room’.
The moment they got to the door, Rachael realized where she was. That scared her.
What happened to me? She wondered and spun around.
‘Hey! I see your memory is back. Now, let’s be a good girl and go to class’, Marcus said and brandished a gun.
She looked at the smirk on his face and entered the room.
Wu pointed to the floor opposite her. ‘Now, sit’.

2 Likes

Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Creeza(m): 7:32pm On May 02, 2020
I guess Baba charmed the food he gave her. Hmm And the way Marcus reacted I definitely would not want such a person as my superior.

Rachel poor Rachel. How did you get here?

Thanks Divepen1, For the update. I enjoyed it. More soon.
Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Divepen1(m): 6:49am On May 03, 2020
Creeza:
I guess Baba charmed the food he gave her. Hmm And the way Marcus reacted I definitely would not want such a person as my superior.

Rachel poor Rachel. How did you get here?

Thanks Divepen1, For the update. I enjoyed it. More soon.

Indeed Baba charmed her.

Thanks for your comment.

1 Like

Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Creeza(m): 8:32am On May 03, 2020
Divepen1:

Indeed Baba charmed her.
Thanks for your comment.
You are welcome .

1 Like

Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by wisestar(m): 5:46pm On May 03, 2020
following

2 Likes

Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by Divepen1(m): 7:31pm On May 04, 2020
wisestar:
following
You're welcome..

1 Like

Re: Drills And Deaths (A Crime Thriller) by enirock(m): 9:26am On May 09, 2020
somehow I found myself on this interesting read and I have been hooked since
Nice concept boss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Origin Of Humans / The Twist Of Fate / President Goodluck Jonathan Is Going To Bring Back The Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.