Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? (9380 Views)

As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? / 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? / How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Aystarz: 4:29pm On Apr 25, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

the woman wey own where i dey teach na good woman. but people wey dey dea as head have submitted themselves to her with absolutely no self esteem..

for them to ask for the right thing.. na problem.

the woman even canceled lesson fee payment for staffs.. instead make them go meet her and follow her talk.. they're gossiping about it. the woman con vex and cancel it

And you insist that she's a good person

5 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by xrayj(m): 4:31pm On Apr 25, 2020
graciamore:
Yours is better, I at least there was meeting to show the school have there teachers interest at heart. Last month salary was not even paid to us sef
@bold that's bad of them na
How do they expect u guys to cope
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Omotejohwo: 4:31pm On Apr 25, 2020
This lockdown period, if you’re interested in saving money spent on power.
Click the link & fill the short form. Thank me later.

https://forms.gle/8DCQtQtjHwUXFhcHA

1 Share

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by graciamore(f): 4:33pm On Apr 25, 2020
devlishGINGER:
before we could hold the meeting the man was playing hide and seek
i leave very close to my propertries she will see me and pretend like nothing is wrong..even some parent that live close to me and see still owning me lesson money will just see me and Waka pass.. Is well jor

6 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by graciamore(f): 4:40pm On Apr 25, 2020
xrayj:

@bold that's bad of them na
How do they expect u guys to cope
am so angry, and we worked till on 20th Ohh, before she demise us with 4k, lesson money not even paid by parent, each time I remember all the stress I went through even while been pregnant the sickness and but still went to work, I become angry the more
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Pcharles2(m): 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2020
[quote author=mokay post=88840768]I just have to type this out to encourage someone who might need it. I use to be a teacher and I quite understand the plight of the young male teachers. If you are reading this, the first thing you have to do is to change your mentality. If you look critically, most of these teachers are females with less financial responsibilities. I decided to switch into freelance academic writing.
How does it work? quote]
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by xrayj(m): 4:52pm On Apr 25, 2020
fuwaski:

Lol my brother... I thank God. I am 100 times better than then. I experienced those nonsense in Abuja. Now am in Lagos with a solar system company as there IT personnel. I do have some calls to work for other firms when the need arises. Funny thing is.... I read ENGLISH LANGUAGE. NOW AN IT EXPERT. Imagine if am still earning 30k lol... Na to hell on earth allowance be that.
I also set up a car paint shop that is being managed by me and someone i employed.
How is d bold going sir?
Considering to invest in sth along that line
How is the biz generally? Thanks
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Lamasta(m): 4:57pm On Apr 25, 2020
Teachers you guys are trying even my lecturers and profs back in school then I don't envy them cos I don't pray for their kind of lifestyle
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Karleb(m): 5:19pm On Apr 25, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I once worked in a school, when I left the owner paid me my last salary 6 months after.

How much was it?

10K. grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by devlishGINGER(m): 5:24pm On Apr 25, 2020
Karleb:
I once worked in a school, when I left the owner paid me my last salary 6 months after.
How much was it?
10K. grin grin
lol some will not even pay again
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Aystarz: 5:51pm On Apr 25, 2020
Karleb:

How much was it?

10K. grin grin

grin Funny thing is na such people dey criticize government pass. Their high-handedness is just as terrible as their hypocrisy.

We all deserve the kind of leaders we get jare. Wicked insensitive people everywhere

4 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by bumeks(f): 5:52pm On Apr 25, 2020
Lorenzop:
To all teachers and everyone that cares to listen. This Covid19 will change a lot of things. Top among them is the way people work. I dare say the future of income earning is remote. If you buy data, surf all the social media and make nothing then know you are wasting away.

Teachers are never appreciated in this country. Take up online classes which pays over 200k. Unbelievable right...well it is possible.
Join Preply and many others....here you can teach virtually anything right your home

Learn a digital skill today....plenty of digital skills abound. I find it intriguing seeing graduates take peanuts as salaries when u can actually freelance and make way better and be in control of your life.

Learn trading online....This right here is so cool. I love this one the most

Know this....the internet is a gold mine waiting to be tapped by you, you just need to open your eyes....even your village people can't stop you.

I personally do all of these things. Never depend on a single source of livelihood. Massive Job losses are looming. Question is what are you doing to stay afloat.
Please can you put me through on all of these, d truth is this private school teaching is not doing me any good at all. The worst part of it is that I have bn seriously looking for better jobs yet not forthcoming. And there are kids to carter for. 08037568384 please dear
Stay Safe guys
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by xrayj(m): 5:53pm On Apr 25, 2020
graciamore:
am so angry, and we worked till on 20th Ohh, before she demise us with 4k, lesson money not even paid by parent, each time I remember all the stress I went through even while been pregnant the sickness and but still went to work, I become angry the more
I understand
Most of these private schools are like that
Staff welfare is zero
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by bumeks(f): 5:58pm On Apr 25, 2020
We have not been paid March salary, no meeting was called we are just surviving by d special Grace of the Almighty God
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by BetterPoison: 6:39pm On Apr 25, 2020
fuwaski:

One of my students told me that her Mum told her that teaching is a job for defeated ppl... That was wen it became clear to me... Gudluck if teaching is ur calling grin
I heard this from a friend who placed a call through to me.
I couldn't sleep that night. In harsh words atimes are deeper truth

4 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by seanwilliam(m): 7:42pm On Apr 25, 2020
Most of students/pupils self no dey pay. So itsnot their fault most times..

But mostly , teachers are generally under paid.

Having a school is one of the most lucrative businesses

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by EmmySparky(m): 7:50pm On Apr 25, 2020
BetterPoison:
This thread is for teachers especially those teaching at Private Primary Schools.

We just finished a meeting with my proprietor. undecided All we got was cold Pepsi and 1 very big doughnut. No salary yet, but he has promised to pay half soon... How soon, nobody knows? That's called "salary in view" . Funniest sentence I have heard I a while.
yours is better...we haven't seen March salary...not to talk of April...now I confirmed that my boss is related to the devil

3 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Viking007(m): 7:53pm On Apr 25, 2020
fuwaski:

This private school do me so tey na night bus i entered reach Lagos. Come dey use my remaining 2k dey find job. I dey waka under sun that year dey course my boss. Hahahaha .... I don forgive oo but the memory too fresh guy. Sometimes, we do make it wen we stubborn. Just be in Good terms with ur God.
Words on marble. One of the highest money/income I've ever made was when I was angry/provoked. cheesy Most times the only thing holding lots of people in poverty is fear of the unknown.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Lorenzop: 8:00pm On Apr 25, 2020
[quote author=bumeks post=88846935][/quote]

Are you on WhatsApp?
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Addme: 8:01pm On Apr 25, 2020
Lorenzop:
To all teachers and everyone that cares to listen. This Covid19 will change a lot of things. Top among them is the way people work. I dare say the future of income earning is remote. If you buy data, surf all the social media and make nothing then know you are wasting away.

Teachers are never appreciated in this country. Take up online classes which pays over 200k. Unbelievable right...well it is possible.
Join Preply and many others....here you can teach virtually anything right your home

Learn a digital skill today....plenty of digital skills abound. I find it intriguing seeing graduates take peanuts as salaries when u can actually freelance and make way better and be in control of your life.

Know this....the internet is a gold mine waiting to be tapped by you, you just need to open your eyes....even your village people can't stop you.

I personally do all of these things. Never depend on a single source of livelihood. Massive Job losses are looming. Question is what are you doing to stay afloat.

Stay Safe guys
Pls bro, how can you tutor me in some of these things. Pls I sincerely need your help.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Lorenzop: 8:01pm On Apr 25, 2020
[quote author=bumeks post=88846935][/quote]

bumeks

Are you on WhatsApp?
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Lorenzop: 8:12pm On Apr 25, 2020
Addme:

Pls bro, how can you tutor me in some of these things. Pls I sincerely need your help.

Drop your WhatsApp line
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Addme: 8:15pm On Apr 25, 2020
God knows it's not being easy.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by tiswell(m): 8:19pm On Apr 25, 2020
graciamore:
I just pray after this whole lock down and I put to bed I pray to get another job, propertries and propertors are just inhuman...is this kind critical time you really know them...your teachers work for you for whole month till on 20th all you could do is give them 4k out of 14k..i will never go back to that school after this lock down.
But your use of English isn't up to 4k in true worth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by wiseone28: 8:28pm On Apr 25, 2020
graciamore:
Read again your spelling before someone doubt if you are truly a teacher grin
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by doggedfighter(f): 8:32pm On Apr 25, 2020
Lorenzop:

Stay Safe guys
Digital skills like what?
Please give examples
Example of online trading too, please
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Eraddray(m): 8:47pm On Apr 25, 2020
u suppose ask for extra drink and additional doughnut oo

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by BestOsai: 8:48pm On Apr 25, 2020
bjprodint:
I have not been paid since Feb.I have kids to cater for.i hope to get a better job by first term

Wow!! May God support and send help to you.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 8:49pm On Apr 25, 2020
xrayj:

How is d bold going sir?
Considering to invest in sth along that line
How is the biz generally? Thanks
The business is lucrative but it requires attention. Though i had experience in it through my in-law back then. What u need is to master mixture of colours and other things. U also require a lot of money as ur capital. Etc

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 8:57pm On Apr 25, 2020
BetterPoison:
I heard this from a friend who placed a call through to me.
I couldn't sleep that night. In harsh words atimes are deeper truth
Lol... U won't understand bro... And the school owners will always remind u that ur reward is not here but in heaven.( Wash) also they will say that you should strive to make those students better leaders... Lol.. my story can't end easily guy. I did that junky job for 7 years guy... But left to Lagos wit 3k as my savings grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by bukiah: 8:57pm On Apr 25, 2020
Lorenzop:

Stay Safe guys
Thanks for the advice. I am a teacher, a govt secondary school teacher. But I am not fullfil. I had to take the job like seven years ago after being jobless for so many years. I had to do a PGD in Education. Please how can I learn all these things on-line. There's always this feeling of emptiness in me. I don't want to depend on teaching alone. At least I should use this locked down period to improve myself. Please bro, how can you tutor me. I sincerely need your help

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

It Support Interview / N-EXIT: How To "Log On" To Portal / Dpr Is Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.