Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? (9384 Views)

As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? / 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? / How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Ouchbabe(f): 11:07pm On Apr 25, 2020
[quote author=bumeks post=88846935][/quote]
Interesting but how can one do any of these with zero capital? I'm so interested but I'm afraid I don't have money to venture into any of these. Please what do you suggest I do? Thanks
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by jericco1(m): 11:26pm On Apr 25, 2020
graciamore:
I just pray after this whole lock down and I put to bed I pray to get another job, propertries and propertors are just inhuman...is this kind critical time you really know them...your teachers work for you for whole month till on 20th all you could do is give them 4k out of 14k..i will never go back to that school after this lock down.

14k. What the fück shocked

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by tarantino1: 11:40pm On Apr 25, 2020
BetterPoison:
I heard this from a friend who placed a call through to me.
I couldn't sleep that night. In harsh words atimes are deeper truth

We deserve what we get in this country?

How can a parent say that about the people who educates her children?
Nigeria is messed up and it starts with issues lik this. Teaching is suppposed to be one of the most respected profession in the world because the core foundation of a child is built from there.

The parent goofed and whatever happens to the child tomorrow is going to be cos she was rained by defeated people.

2 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Agbeni33: 1:00am On Apr 26, 2020
You just nailed it. wink wink wink

fuwaski:
Have u ever wore a new shoe or shirt and ur boss will notice?
Have u ever experienced that ur colleague was sacked because of what he or she said during PTA meeting?
Have you been called in for question and answer between you and ur student or students?
Have you ever denied ursef sleep simply because of lesson note?
Have u ever calculated how much that is left in your account because the month is ending?
Have you ever noticed that even your fellow teachers are worse than your students or pupils?
Have you ever come to work and ask your colleagues if they have received alert cus u felt like ur bank network is having issues grin
Have u ever had private lessons that even the parents of those children really want u to perform magic cus they are paying u?( And their children na confirm olodo)
Have you ever attended staff meeting but it is never a meeting but a command that u must follow.
Have u ever noticed deduction from your salary and your boss said that it's bcus u came late or u never took permission ?
Have you ever noticed that the so called holy teachers are the most wicked ppl in school premises?
Have u ever noticed that ur boss gives an example of someone he or she sacked cus the person never make am?
Have u ever noticed that the lazy teachers are the ones that will report the hardworking ones to the authority...
Did u not have noticed that u may say that u wanted to teach for just for small time but u will end up being there for 5years grin
Make i still dey write?
Run from teaching....
They have cousins, daughters, sons, etc that they can pay peanut....
They always monitor anyone that leaves thinking that the person will be a failure.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Legitz: 1:19am On Apr 26, 2020
Lorenzop:

I respected you for this thread but u just lost it. U are a big foo.l. Sometimes one like u need to learn manners and home training. Did I ask anyone or implied I should be paid?

Is it even possible for me alone to know all of this things let alone teaching them. You are a nincompoo.p.... I have no apologies for that

Go fvck yourself

Those who are willing to learn the digital skills. udemy and plural sight offers free courses within this period. Take advantage of that. Am out of this thread.
pls what's there Monika
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by EmmySparky(m): 1:40am On Apr 26, 2020
Jokerman:

Did you work on April, that you want to receive salaries, or are parents paying school fees for third term already??
u must be a bad school owner to ask this kinda dumb question...what's written on the contract...12 months...the best is for a meeting to be held and agreement made on the payment plans and not asking if parents payed school fees or not...as far as we are still employees we are entitled to a salary from that organization..
Be it school , airline etc...

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Davidson134(m): 2:26am On Apr 26, 2020
Hmmmm.... I remember my days as a teacher in one private school in benin in 2013-2015. Teachers who have spent close to 12-14 years there then were earning 32-36k as salary nothing attached.

The principal earns 40k (nothing attached and he still pays school fees for his 2 children in the school from the salary)and he is one of the oldest dude in the school with over 15years serving the school.

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Davidson134(m): 2:34am On Apr 26, 2020
My salary was my chop money, I wasn't saving. What changed everything was when a teacher that spent 12years there was sacked because 1 of his 4 children was attending another school. Note it was compulsory for all the children to attend the school and you will pay full school fees for all of them. What was his salary then? 23k. The man left 2 months later we heard that he has gotten another job in uniben. Thank God for his mercy. Just One deal I make more than my salary for months.

2 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by noCAP(m): 3:17am On Apr 26, 2020
fuwaski:

Lol my brother... I thank God. I am 100 times better than then. I experienced those nonsense in Abuja. Now am in Lagos with a solar system company as there IT personnel. I do have some calls to work for other firms when the need arises. Funny thing is.... I read ENGLISH LANGUAGE. NOW AN IT EXPERT. Imagine if am still earning 30k lol... Na to hell on earth allowance be that.
I also set up a car paint shop that is being managed by me and someone i employed.
what did graduate with? if you don't mind
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Queenext: 4:01am On Apr 26, 2020
I didn't want to contribute to this, but if I didn't ,it will be so bad of me.

Teaching is one of the worst job anyone can do, especially in those mushroom school. My salary was #13k , I was always getting angry with myself. I taught for good 14 years, though from University days, tutorial centers,and I could not boast of #50k in my account.

The height of it was ,those students I taught then, we now turned colleague , they came to meet me in teaching job.

Students will look down on you, proprietor will feel he's doing a favor , employing you with a peanut salary.

You can't live a good life. It's a waste of time.

Pls,if you are a graduate,leave teaching job, you have potential, don't limit yourself in life.

As someone said, teaching is for the defeated.

I left teaching without any plan, today, I am into online business and Bitcoin dealer.

Pls, leave teaching, so you won't end up a pauper in life.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by haiti007(m): 4:31am On Apr 26, 2020
Coping hasn't been easy at all. Even though I started teaching about a year ago.

When the lockdown was announced ( not so strict at my area in Ogun state), I gathered some of my children, discussed a plan of tutoring them at my place. And they told there parents about it, who later concerned to that.

I charge some to pay daily, some weekly, and some monthly. All this done in respect to their parents source of income. I made the civil servants only pay on monthly bases. And since I started, no one as ever defaulted payment.

As regards the issue of school owners not been fair enough, I don't have issues with that.
When I took I up my teaching job, though at the primary section, what I did was to earn the trust and love of almost all parents and pupils in that part. Though, I have a personality that will make people like me for no reason whatsoever, I also achieved this by encouraging the slow learners, praying for them, telling other students stories, being jovial with the parents. And coincidentally, around the time I took up the job, the school grew more in pupils. So that made the owner priorities me that the other teachers I meet there. I don't know the reason though, but I guess she'd feared that I shouldn't leave and go with the huge population of pupils that have developed love for. That's my thought though.

Sir's/MA's, brace up yourself. The school is the last thing the government will lift it lockdown on. There are still more weeks to come

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Jokerman(m): 4:33am On Apr 26, 2020
EmmySparky:
u must be a bad school owner to ask this kinda dumb question...what's written on the contract...12 months...the best is for a meeting to be held and agreement made on the payment plans and not asking if parents payed school fees or not...as far as we are still employees we are entitled to a salary from that organization..
Be it school , airline etc...

Oh so because the school didn't sack you before the end of the term, na why you get mouth?

Do you think it's mouth they use to rub business?? And if we should ask your effectiveness in helping out in the organization you are now, it will be minute....

Or don't you know it's school fees that runs the school, or it's goods that I sell that I pay my workers from....

Where did you see 12 months contract lol... Like if you see a bigger job, you won't japa and leave the class empty

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Jokerman(m): 4:36am On Apr 26, 2020
Queenext:
I didn't want to contribute to this, but if I didn't ,it will be so bad of me.

Teaching is one of the worst job anyone can do, especially in those mushroom school. My salary was #13k , I was always getting angry with myself. I taught for good 14 years, though from University days, tutorial centers,and I could not boast of #50k in my account.

The height of it was ,those students I taught then, we now turned colleague , they came to meet me in teaching job.

Students will look down on you, proprietor will feel he's doing a favor , employing you with a peanut salary.

You can't live a good life. It's a waste of time.

Pls,if you are a graduate,leave teaching job, you have potential, don't limit yourself in life.

As someone said, teaching is for the defeated.

I left teaching without any plan, today, I am into online business and Bitcoin dealer.

Pls, leave teaching, so you won't end up a pauper in life.

Lol...I love this. This worse is seeing males take up teaching jobs in small schools and come here to start complaining angry.. I can forgive females for teaching in schools, probably their hubby's don't want them going far ,or just not to sit at home gossiping and doing nothing

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by femi4: 4:51am On Apr 26, 2020
graciamore:
Yours is better, I at least there was meeting to show the school have there teachers interest at heart. Last month salary was not even paid to us sef
your reward is in heaven

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Queenext: 5:23am On Apr 26, 2020
Jokerman:

Lol...I love this. This worse is seeing males take up teaching jobs in small schools and come here to start complaining angry.. I can forgive females for teaching in schools, probably their hubby's don't want them going far ,or just not to sit at home gossiping and doing nothing
most of the time,I will.just leave the school, without any formal notice,after all,I was employed without any formal letter too.. I was always angry with myself, especially if I see some of University mate doing well. The last school I left,I just woke and decided not to go again. Some of my colleague thought I was mad,and going to suffer, today,I see them,and pity them.

Now,I make my one month salary in a day,ask any Bitcoin dealer. I can conveniently come out ,if millionaires are asked to come out.

Like I said,pls leave teaching, especially if u are a male..no future in it... especially those Private school, they have no plans for you, except to use you,till you become useless in life

2 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 5:30am On Apr 26, 2020
noCAP:
what did graduate with? if you don't mind
2:1
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 5:43am On Apr 26, 2020
haiti007:
Coping hasn't been easy at all. Even though I started teaching about a year ago.

When the lockdown was announced ( not so strict at my area in Ogun state), I gathered some of my children, discussed a plan of tutoring them at my place. And they told there parents about it, who later concerned to that.

I charge some to pay daily, some weekly, and some monthly. All this done in respect to their parents source of income. I made the civil servants only pay on monthly bases. And since I started, no one as ever defaulted payment.

As regards the issue of school owners not been fair enough, I don't have issues with that.
When I took I up my teaching job, though at the primary section, what I did was to earn the trust and love of almost all parents and pupils in that part. Though, I have a personality that will make people like me for no reason whatsoever, I also achieved this by encouraging the slow learners, praying for them, telling other students stories, being jovial with the parents. And coincidentally, around the time I took up the job, the school grew more in pupils. So that made the owner priorities me that the other teachers I meet there. I don't know the reason though, but I guess she'd feared that I shouldn't leave and go with the huge population of pupils that have developed love for. That's my thought though.

Sir's/MA's, brace up yourself. The school is the last thing the government will lift it lockdown on. There are still more weeks to come
We all did more than u. I mean more dedicated than u. For years... That ur agility should be used elsewhere oo. Anyways, am not discouraging u cus teaching is ur calling. Gudluck. Work on ur grammatical constructions and always proofread. No disrespect.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Queenext: 5:58am On Apr 26, 2020
If you must teach,pls get a govt job, it has future,and less stressful. Govt work has pension future..and it gives time to look out for other jobs

Private school teaching is the last place to be , especially as a male.

If you are into it now,pls have an exit plan,and stick to it.

Teaching is a time waster,with little or no achievement.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Heineken(m): 6:05am On Apr 26, 2020
It's not easy sha.

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by peeps4u: 6:06am On Apr 26, 2020
fuwaski:

Very true... I surffered when i was teaching eehh... I dey teach, still dey borrow money to survive. Once u buy a cloth, ppl will notice grin my social life was killed. I was leaving a pastor like life. Yet na just useless 30k i was earning... One of my students told me that her Mum told her that teaching is a job for defeated ppl... That was wen it became clear to me... Gudluck if teaching is ur calling grin

I kept reading this bolded over and over again and I cant disagree.

I've seen a B.Tech graduate who went to do PGD in education just to convert to teaching career after years of unemployment. Not that teaching is a cash cow to warrant such career switch but it is the easiest job to find around for many.

2 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by peeps4u: 6:18am On Apr 26, 2020
fuwaski:
Have u ever wore a new shoe or shirt and ur boss will notice?
Have u ever experienced that ur colleague was sacked because of what he or she said during PTA meeting?
Have you been called in for question and answer between you and ur student or students?
Have you ever denied ursef sleep simply because of lesson note?
Have u ever calculated how much that is left in your account because the month is ending?
Have you ever noticed that even your fellow teachers are worse than your students or pupils?
Have you ever come to work and ask your colleagues if they have received alert cus u felt like ur bank network is having issues grin
Have u ever had private lessons that even the parents of those children really want u to perform magic cus they are paying u?( And their children na confirm olodo)
Have you ever attended staff meeting but it is never a meeting but a command that u must follow.
Have u ever noticed deduction from your salary and your boss said that it's bcus u came late or u never took permission ?
Have you ever noticed that the so called holy teachers are the most wicked ppl in school premises?
Have u ever noticed that ur boss gives an example of someone he or she sacked cus the person never make am?
Have u ever noticed that the lazy teachers are the ones that will report the hardworking ones to the authority...
Did u not have noticed that u may say that u wanted to teach for just for small time but u will end up being there for 5years grin
Make i still dey write?
Run from teaching....
They have cousins, daughters, sons, etc that they can pay peanut....
They always monitor anyone that leaves thinking that the person will be a failure.

Yes, this is true and the reason I decided never to settle for a teaching job while seeking other options. One will just realise he is tied down there for years and wouldn't aggressively pursue other things as he should.

2 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by tiswell(m): 7:12am On Apr 26, 2020
fuwaski:

Na wa for u guy.... She isn't a good content creator. At least she don deliver her message exactly the way she is feeling.
I said that on a lighter note.Don't take it to heart.

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by BetterPoison: 7:49am On Apr 26, 2020
femi4:
your reward is in heaven
Iol I feel very angry whenever I hear this

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Aystarz: 7:57am On Apr 26, 2020
fuwaski:

I have no problems with ur words. Am saving lots of ppl. I know wat i went through. Money is hard to get. I see nothing wrong with what I wrote. God is good bro grin
You see the irony in the action of that kid you quoted? Calls someone out for lacking manners, but goes right on to tag him a fool! The average Nigerian is a slimy slithering hypocrite, no matter how honest he/she tries to portray him/herself. This is one of the reasons our society is so messed up.

To folks trying to contact that kiddo on Whatsapp : You all had better be careful because in my experience, people who lash out, unprovoked like that Lorenzo guy, are no good.

3 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by coolest01(m): 8:01am On Apr 26, 2020
fuwaski:

Very true... I surffered when i was teaching eehh... I dey teach, still dey borrow money to survive. Once u buy a cloth, ppl will notice grin my social life was killed. I was leaving a pastor like life. Yet na just useless 30k i was earning... One of my students told me that her Mum told her that teaching is a job for defeated ppl... That was wen it became clear to me... Gudluck if teaching is ur calling grin
lwkmd... u harsh... yet we all pass through teachers all through our lives.. a pathetic situation in this country

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by unibenakpos(m): 8:05am On Apr 26, 2020
i forced my uncle who is the pta chairman to request to know the salary of the teachers. The student pay as high as 35k for the senior school, my uncle said the madam was shocked as most pta dont concern them self with the salary of the teachers. Before the meeting, if you teach one subject the pay was 25k, maths, physics and chemistry recieves 30k. so they delibrated and pegged the salary at 35k for a subject. My uncle be like saviour, anywhere they see him you will hear, daddy goodmorning sir

2 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by coolest01(m): 8:14am On Apr 26, 2020
Karleb:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I once worked in a school, when I left the owner paid me my last salary 6 months after.

How much was it?

10K. grin grin
hahahahahaha
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by RomanGreen: 9:11am On Apr 26, 2020
Aystarz:

You see the irony in the action of that kid you quoted? Calls someone out for lacking manners, but goes right on to tag him a fool! The average Nigerian is a slimy slithering hypocrite, no matter how honest he/she tries to portray him/herself. This is one of the reasons our society is so messed up.

To folks trying to contact that kiddo on Whatsapp : You all had better be careful because in my experience, people who lash out, unprovoked like that Lorenzo guy, are no good.

Oga shut up....has anyone complained of being asked to pay a dime.... instead of demonizing others....offer your own solutions....you are the hypocrite here....your self righteousness is sickening....leave the messenger and focus on the message. You call out others but u are no good. Tufiakwa
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by EmmySparky(m): 9:13am On Apr 26, 2020
Jokerman:

Oh so because the school didn't sack you before the end of the term, na why you get mouth?

Do you think it's mouth they use to rub business?? And if we should ask your effectiveness in helping out in the organization you are now, it will be minute....

Or don't you know it's school fees that runs the school, or it's goods that I sell that I pay my workers from....

Where did you see 12 months contract lol... Like if you see a bigger job, you won't japa and leave the class empty
bro I understand your mentality...but let me burst your bubble not every school is a road side school....the fact that u only know cheap quack schools is not my fault...and about contract ....that's what real big schools do...we sign contracts with the management..not just start working without and agreement like u do over there...I understand your frustrations though but u should direct it to the right source...if u are learned then u would understand what it means working under a signed agreement..
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Aystarz: 9:16am On Apr 26, 2020
RomanGreen:

Oga shut up....has anyone complained of being asked to pay a dime.... instead of demonizing others....offer your own solutions....you are the hypocrite here....your self righteousness is sickening....leave the messenger and focus on the message. You call out others but u are no good. Tufiakwa

grin Changing monikers can't help you, my friend. My advice stands. Don't pay a penny upfront, people!

2 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Jokerman(m): 9:16am On Apr 26, 2020
Teaching is supposed to be one of the most paying jobs in the world even in Nigeria.. if we look at it when, teachers even enjoy time and break more than other professional jobs.

In Dubai, I believe teachers earn up to 200k/month. Just imagine if teaching jobs could pay up to 150k entry level, many bankers would have quit their jobs for teaching grin

Govt needs to do something, and also school fees is another thing, evil heart if many school owners and non challancy to education amongst citizens.... Instead of some parents to pay at least 35k for school fees, they rather use the money to buy aso-oke and go to beer parlour, then register their wards in public schools...
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Jokerman(m): 9:21am On Apr 26, 2020
EmmySparky:
bro I understand your mentality...but let me burst your bubble not every school is a road side school....the fact that u only know cheap quack schools is not my fault...and about contract ....that's what real big schools do...we sign contracts with the management..not just start working without and agreement like u do over there...I understand your frustrations though but u should direct it to the right source...if u are learned then u would understand what it means working under a signed agreement..

I know what signed agreement is... You cannot go to an upcoming school and expect them to pay you like ivy league schools... For instance, you got a job at a school at odogunyan, Ikorodu where school fees is 7k per child, with 100 pupils and 10 staff, and you expect such school to keep up with payment when there's is no inflow of cash or maybe a break even per term...

However schools like Corona,Meadow hall, Caleb, etc, should be able to meet up with those contracts, and remember they can as well decide to terminate jobs if they visualize payment for work not done is not feasible... Just like what Milano did. Remember the staff also had signed agreements for a year too.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oasis Oil And Gas Job/training / Why Are Factory Workers Paid Peanuts / Credit Direct Limited, A Memeber Of Fcmb Is Recruiting!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.