Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,842 members, 7,806,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? (9376 Views)

As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? / 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? / How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fatymore(f): 9:26am On Apr 26, 2020
fuwaski:

grin that's not it. Any school owner wey borrow loan dey for OYO.(on ur own)
The best advice is to join school wey get branches cus they pay well and use u until u become useless grin
stop eeetttt
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by EmmySparky(m): 9:36am On Apr 26, 2020
Jokerman:

I know what signed agreement is... You cannot go to an upcoming school and expect them to pay you like ivy league schools... For instance, you got a job at a school at odogunyan, Ikorodu where school fees is 7k per child, with 100 pupils and 10 staff, and you expect such school to keep up with payment when there's is no inflow of cash or maybe a break even per term...

However schools like Corona,Meadow hall, Caleb, etc, should be able to meet up with those contracts, and remember they can as well decide to terminate jobs if they visualize payment for work not done is not feasible... Just like what Milano did. Remember the staff also had signed agreements for a year too.....
now you are talking...u need to find out the kinda school I work first before jumping into conclusion...In my school kids pay 200k for the least child in creche...with a population of around 250... a primary school only...that was y I said earlier that if they can't pay ...sack would be the logical way...not going against an agreement...I expected a meeting being held to reach a new payment plan ...not just imposing
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Jokerman(m): 9:39am On Apr 26, 2020
EmmySparky:
now you are talking...u need to find out the kinda school I work first before jumping into conclusion...In my school kids pay 200k for the least child in creche...with a population of around 250... a primary school only...that was y I said earlier that if they can't pay ...sack would be the logical way...not going against an agreement...I expected a meeting being held to reach a new payment plan ...not just imposing

Alright bro, I understand... They should be able to pay up for March, and probably half for April, if they can't pay full...

200p/m for creche... Wow.. that's good.. that's good...

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by RomanGreen: 9:44am On Apr 26, 2020
Aystarz:

grin Changing monikers can't help you, my friend. My advice stands. Don't pay a penny upfront, people!

Lol...awon motivational speaker with zero account balance tongue
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by arena07: 9:46am On Apr 26, 2020
fuwaski:
Have u ever wore a new shoe or shirt and ur boss will notice?
Have u ever experienced that ur colleague was sacked because of what he or she said during PTA meeting?
Have you been called in for question and answer between you and ur student or students?
Have you ever denied ursef sleep simply because of lesson note?
Have u ever calculated how much that is left in your account because the month is ending?
Have you ever noticed that even your fellow teachers are worse than your students or pupils?
Have you ever come to work and ask your colleagues if they have received alert cus u felt like ur bank network is having issues grin
Have u ever had private lessons that even the parents of those children really want u to perform magic cus they are paying u?( And their children na confirm olodo)
Have you ever attended staff meeting but it is never a meeting but a command that u must follow.
Have u ever noticed deduction from your salary and your boss said that it's bcus u came late or u never took permission ?
Have you ever noticed that the so called holy teachers are the most wicked ppl in school premises?
Have u ever noticed that ur boss gives an example of someone he or she sacked cus the person never make am?
Have u ever noticed that the lazy teachers are the ones that will report the hardworking ones to the authority...
Did u not have noticed that u may say that u wanted to teach for just for small time but u will end up being there for 5years grin
Make i still dey write?
Run from teaching....
They have cousins, daughters, sons, etc that they can pay peanut....
They always monitor anyone that leaves thinking that the person will be a failure.
chai chai Jesus Christ 100% true

3 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by dandaddy(m): 10:22am On Apr 26, 2020
While I was still teaching just after nysc,I never thought in one school and I charged by period. I only thought physics,futhermath, sometimes maths. That way I had time to pursue other applications. Something I observed about teaching is it preoccupies ones time you hardly have time for anything else. I think teacher are pretty under-rated...even these high league schools pay peanuts with stringent conditions...I remember one saying it will be debiting from my stipend every month and I'll be entitled to it after some several years time. Abeg the Lord is our strength

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by xcelentattitude(m): 10:26am On Apr 26, 2020
Lorenzop:
To all teachers and everyone that cares to listen. This Covid19 will change a lot of things. Top among them is the way people work. I dare say the future of income earning is remote. If you buy data, surf all the social media and make nothing then know you are wasting away.

Teachers are never appreciated in this country. Take up online classes which pays over 200k. Unbelievable right...well it is possible.
Join Preply and many others....here you can teach virtually anything right your home

Learn a digital skill today....plenty of digital skills abound. I find it intriguing seeing graduates take peanuts as salaries when u can actually freelance and make way better and be in control of your life.

Learn trading online....This right here is so cool. I love this one the most

Know this....the internet is a gold mine waiting to be tapped by you, you just need to open your eyes....even your village people can't stop you.

I personally do all of these things. Never depend on a single source of livelihood. Massive Job losses are looming. Question is what are you doing to stay afloat.

Stay Safe guys

Bro, please I need more enlightenment about these.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by xcelentattitude(m): 10:31am On Apr 26, 2020
Lorenzop:

Drop your WhatsApp line

Here is my bro 09034140534

I need help too .
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Dream2(m): 11:01am On Apr 26, 2020
I remember when I was teaching in one private school then, the pay was 8k, Chai, I taught in that school for over a year but I'm always the target as I live well above my salary, bitter colleagues and so many other things so l left and came to Abj.
When I arrived Abj, Yes I still want to teach as I have a BSc in Geography Education so I told my bro who's well grounded to find a teaching job for me albeit a government one but we met with a huge roadblock as his contacts demanded for 800k.
I submitted my CV to MOE and till now no show.
I opted for private schools and the two schools I went to I was turned down as the first told me he can't employ me as I will dislodge him within six months that was after interview, he said "You're good and my boss ordered me to employ you but I can't" he plainly told me he's the only one with Education cert in the school and he forsee rivalry between us, well I looked at him and I moved.
Second school treated me like a trash and I moved as well so it really discouraged me about teaching in Abj though this was like 3years ago.
I'm into hotels and the pay is very okay as I'm better than that meagre 8k I earned back then but I'm not fulfill as I will still go back to teaching come what may even if it's just for a month.
One thing I know is that Abj schools do pay a lot, my friend earn averagely 120k per month here though he did not have Education cert.
Dude is very loyal and infact he's the one championing me to come to submit CV to his school and other schools in his area.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by EmmySparky(m): 11:07am On Apr 26, 2020
Jokerman:

Alright bro, I understand... They should be able to pay up for March, and probably half for April, if they can't pay full...

200p/m for creche... Wow.. that's good.. that's good...
yup the man makes cool cash...millions termly...that's y I am so pissed...this little hiccup shouldn't be on us teachers fully...the school gots high standards to start acting like growing roadside schools in terms of payment...no offence to them...

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by graciamore(f): 11:09am On Apr 26, 2020
[quote author=cassidy1996 post=88855191] I wish you safe delivery....[/quoteAmen Amen Amen

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by graciamore(f): 11:09am On Apr 26, 2020
fuwaski:

It's well dear. Plan well and run for your life.
God is in control jor

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by graciamore(f): 11:10am On Apr 26, 2020
fuwaski:

Not again dear I thanks kwa? grin
hahahahhah is typing error. Don't make me laff jor. Go away..

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by graciamore(f): 11:11am On Apr 26, 2020
femi4:
your reward is in heaven
haba now...
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Jokerman(m): 11:12am On Apr 26, 2020
EmmySparky:
yup the man makes cool cash...millions termly...that's y I am so pissed...this little hiccup shouldn't be on us teachers fully...the school gots high standards to start acting like growing roadside schools in terms of payment...no offence to them...

Yep you are right on this one. He should be able to pay up
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Justice505: 11:27am On Apr 26, 2020
fuwaski:

Lol... U won't understand bro... And the school owners will always remind u that ur reward is not here but in heaven.( Wash) also they will say that you should strive to make those students better leaders... Lol.. my story can't end easily guy. I did that junky job for 7 years guy... But left to Lagos wit 3k as my savings grin
jesus, the owner use juju for you seven what!! Please tell me you are joking.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by victorulo(m): 11:27am On Apr 26, 2020
Lorenzop:

Drop your WhatsApp line
please I need some tutoring too Sir. Then Lockdown isn't even over yet my firm has laid off a good number including me.
whatsapp: 08171936474. Thanks
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by haiti007(m): 11:38am On Apr 26, 2020
fuwaski:

We all did more than u. I mean more dedicated than u. For years... That ur agility should be used elsewhere oo. Anyways, am not discouraging u cus teaching is ur calling. Gudluck. Work on ur grammatical constructions and always proofread. No disrespect.

Thanks bro, am doing that already.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 26, 2020
Lorenzop:

Drop your WhatsApp line
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 11:47am On Apr 26, 2020
tiswell:
I said that on a lighter note.Don't take it to heart.
grin i know nah... We are here together. We die here but not in teaching grin
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Queenext: 11:49am On Apr 26, 2020
Justice505:
I left teaching partly 2011, thou I was still in tutorial teaching, and some part time teaching in some school..I left totally 2016/17.

From University days ,2002 till 2011,and partly 2016.. calculate am..and I can't boast of #50k in my account.

My colleague is still into it, if I am not mistaken,he's on his 18th years of teaching in a particular school.

The last time I saw him, he's looking haggard, I spoke sense to his head,wish he listen sha.

Some have done 20 years,and more in private school teaching o,full time...
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 11:53am On Apr 26, 2020
unibenakpos:
i forced my uncle who is the pta chairman to request to know the salary of the teachers. The student pay as high as 35k for the senior school, my uncle said the madam was shocked as most pta dont concern them self with the salary of the teachers. Before the meeting, if you teach one subject the pay was 25k, maths, physics and chemistry recieves 30k. so they delibrated and pegged the salary at 35k for a subject. My uncle be like saviour, anywhere they see him you will hear, daddy goodmorning sir
Hahahaha shocked. Only God can tell the current increase of their labour now. Also, if they are getting the salary at the right time.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 11:55am On Apr 26, 2020
RomanGreen:

Oga shut up....has anyone complained of being asked to pay a dime.... instead of demonizing others....offer your own solutions....you are the hypocrite here....your self righteousness is sickening....leave the messenger and focus on the message. You call out others but u are no good. Tufiakwa
Oga haba... Na just our experiences we dey pour out oo. Na me start this but i have apologized. Make we soft the table and make others learn from us. Be cool my guy.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Queenext: 11:58am On Apr 26, 2020
Private teaching is for undergraduate, whose financial demand is within low income. It's not even for a graduate sef,or someone who wants a good life...

Some schools pay well, those big school.

But their expectations from you is just as good as being a slave.

You can't leave the school premises under no condition.

You must submit your phone to the gateman, who must turn it off,till it's time to go

You must not be seen talking privately to any student

There's a school,you must not enter any parent's car if they see you trekking to school

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 11:59am On Apr 26, 2020
EmmySparky:
bro I understand your mentality...but let me burst your bubble not every school is a road side school....the fact that u only know cheap quack schools is not my fault...and about contract ....that's what real big schools do...we sign contracts with the management..not just start working without and agreement like u do over there...I understand your frustrations though but u should direct it to the right source...if u are learned then u would understand what it means working under a signed agreement..
My problems with them is that dey will make u want the job... And stylishly not give u appointment leta. During staff meeting, they will remind everyone to give them a heads up (3 months notification before u leave) but dey can sack u with a text message. Be like say u haven't heard such? Hmmmm....

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 12:06pm On Apr 26, 2020
EmmySparky:
grin see my guy dey use calculator dey follow calculate school money. Hahahaha.. keep pressing addition sign while they are pressing subtraction grin
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by wiseone28: 12:17pm On Apr 26, 2020
graciamore:
well nobody is above mistake and am not an exception to that, I thanks for the correction
Maybe you are teaching in a nursery sch. If you are in a secondary school you will know you are suppose to be at your best in English.. Verbally or written grin

You never see as students laugh at your errors before.

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by EmmySparky(m): 12:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
fuwaski:

My problems with them is that dey will make u want the job... And stylishly not give u appointment leta. During staff meeting, they will remind everyone to give them a heads up (3 months notification before u leave) but dey can sack u with a text message. Be like say u haven't heard such? Hmmmm....
lol yeah...working for private schools should be temporal no matter the amount of salary...those guys are all the same...they suck u dry and dump u...

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 12:21pm On Apr 26, 2020
Dream2:
I remember when I was teaching in one private school then, the pay was 8k, Chai, I taught in that school for over a year but I'm always the target as I live well above my salary, bitter colleagues and so many other things so l left and came to Abj.
When I arrived Abj, Yes I still want to teach as I have a BSc in Geography Education so I told my bro who's well grounded to find a teaching job for me albeit a government one but we met with a huge roadblock as his contacts demanded for 800k.
I submitted my CV to MOE and till now no show.
I opted for private schools and the two schools I went to I was turned down as the first told me he can't employ me as I will dislodge him within six months that was after interview, he said "You're good and my boss ordered me to employ you but I can't" he plainly told me he's the only one with Education cert in the school and he forsee rivalry between us, well I looked at him and I moved.
Second school treated me like a trash and I moved as well so it really discouraged me about teaching in Abj though this was like 3years ago.
I'm into hotels and the pay is very okay as I'm better than that meagre 8k I earned back then but I'm not fulfill as I will still go back to teaching come what may even if it's just for a month.
One thing I know is that Abj schools do pay a lot, my friend earn averagely 120k per month here though he did not have Education cert.
Dude is very loyal and infact he's the one championing me to come to submit CV to his school and other schools in his area.
Guy Na Abuja i dey before. Then, we always hype ourselves for Living well... Anyways, u have passion for it. Try and go for an interview at Pacesetters Abuja. U will hate teaching that moment. There, u will see over 7000 job seekers ready for the interview.... Please eehh just go... The school's head office is at wuye. Even if u succeed, just know that one day, the director will come one day, look at u as if he hasn't see u in his life. The next thing is sack without reason... With other miscellaneous reasons i couldn't verify.
Another school is premier at wuse. U will teach on air( u will face professionals that will smile even wen u misbehave) u will finally go home knowing fully well that u won't be called. But luck can get u ur dream job in a good place shaa...
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by EmmySparky(m): 12:22pm On Apr 26, 2020
fuwaski:

grin see my guy dey use calculator dey follow calculate school money. Hahahaha.. keep pressing addition sign while they are pressing subtraction grin
bro no be lie...they would never accept that they are making profit....

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by EmmySparky(m): 12:22pm On Apr 26, 2020
Jokerman:

Yep you are right on this one. He should be able to pay up
thumbs up
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 12:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
Justice505:
My brother... U won't understand. The fear of the unknown kept me. I was able to travel home twice in those 7years grin . I had nothing but na to pay rent i dey struggle with. Imagine being able to pay 150k with 30k salary... Na lessons dey help me those years shaaa. I was always looking hungry then... Ppl come dey say na my nature grin
Imagine... Suffer became my nature then. Now what dey say to me is GUY U OVER LOOKING FRESH O.
I noticed that a well paying job doesn't take time to get and u work lesson diligently.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Apply For 2018 Nigerian Breweries Technical Skills Development Program / Pricewaterhousecooper (pwc) Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment (9 Positions) / Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.