Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,322 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1086038 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:45pm On May 06, 2020
No one is arguing with you. You're choosing to see from just an angle. There have been precedents and yes, it raises red flags. The visit visa is not for full 6 months stay. Also, your suggestion on a nanny falls under adequate childcare arrangements which I mentioned in my previous comment based on my assumption of that not being included in the couple's initially planned expenditure.
Don't lead people to believe that they can circumvent the immigration rules without penalties; that some people have done it and gotten away with it doesn't make it seem right.

Skymoore1004:
See I don’t have strength to argue with anyone.

She can get dependent visa for her kids, simple!

About her mum, they will arrange something suitable for her. There’s no like Red Flag if she explains the reason of her long visits in her next application (that’s if they ask). As long as there’s proof that she can as not working etc, I see no problem. Nevertheless, she can always get a nanny in the UK. wink

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:49pm On May 06, 2020
You’re talking out of point.

In conclusion, can she get a dependent visa for her kids with proof of adequate funds and other requirements- YES

Can she get a visit visa for her in-law and can she stay up to 6 months for 2-10 years type of visas?-YES.
It is written on the government website and if one obeys the rules in regards to the visit visa, I see no issue. They’re adults and they know how to make decisions. You’re allowed 180 days, it’s left for them to say okay, let’s do 90 days per visit or 120 per visit.

Again Justwise can advise better.
mimilyrics:
No one is arguing with you. You're choosing to see from just an angle. There have been precedents and yes, it raises red flags. The visit visa is not for full 6 months stay. Also, your suggestion on a nanny falls under adequate childcare arrangements which I mentioned in my previous comment based on my assumption of that not being included in the couple's initially planned expenditure.
Don't lead people to believe that they can circumvent the immigration rules without penalties; that some people have done it and gotten away with it doesn't make it seem right.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:52pm On May 06, 2020
If you read her the post again you'd see where the poster stated that "I am considering applying for his mum so she can help with the kids"- this implies that there wasn't a well-established plan for a nanny or childcare outside of the fact that her husband would watch the kids when she was busy with school or other things. My responses have been based on this.
This would be my last response to you since you're deliberately refusing to understand the lady's situation.
Skymoore1004:
I am not taking a deep breath, it’s not by force.

She asked about dependant visa for the kids and how she can bring her in-law over.

She did not seek any advice as to how she can cope with the kids alone or if she should leave them in Nigeria till after her studies.

Answer what she asked for, shikena.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 1:54pm On May 06, 2020
May God forgive him his sins and grant u the fortitude to bear the loss.

Firstly I will advice u to take some days off ALL uni activities (leave of absence/extenuating circumstance) that will give u enough time to travel and apply with the kids.

I don’t think ur MIL can be granted visa as a dependant (I stand to be corrected) but it’s worth seeking legal advice or better still ask admission/visa unit of ur uni.

I genuinely think u have a strong case and as it’s covid-19 related I’m sure something positive will come out of it even if it’s under human rights law.

All the best and please take heart, he’s in a better place

dupylola:
Good day house, please, I need advice. I came to the Uk Jan this year to study a 2 Years program. I am a married woman with kids so my husband and I planned that he would apply for dependant visa with the kids by March. Unfortunately due to the lock down, they couldn’t get the biometrics done and the worst happened,����my hubby died from covid 19 related disease last week.My life shattered but I have to keep moving���

I am planing to return to Nigeria to get the kids for biometrics but my heart bleeds for my husband after all his sacrifices . I am considering applying for his mum so she can help with the kids while I run around. Please, how can I go about this?? There’s enough fund to cover her maintenance fee.

@Just wise and all kindly advise.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:55pm On May 06, 2020
But did she ask for your opinion on that? NO. What she asked for was how to go about getting them to come over. Saying she should wait till after her studies and get tier 2, was not what she asked of you.

Simple as that.
mimilyrics:
If you read her the post again you'd see where the poster stated that "I am considering applying for his mum so she can help with the kids"- this implies that there wasn't a plan for a nanny or childcare outside of the fact that her husband would watch the kids when she was busy with school or other things. My responses have been based on this.
This would be my last response to you since you're deliberately refusing to understand the lady's situation.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 2:11pm On May 06, 2020
Panti police station at Adekunle

Yemsot:
Please house

How do i go about health and criminal records declaration from here in Nigeria. I have applied for post graduate diploma certificate in Education via UCAS TT and some schools are requesting for that.

Cc: STENON, Justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 2:18pm On May 06, 2020
pretty1986:
. My dear,am speechless. I don't even know where or how to start.This is very painful. Am really very sorry for the death of your husband. May his soul Rest in peace Amen.Firstly, It is not possible to apply for dependent visa for his mum. Secondly, if your kids have grown,I will also suggest that u take them to any of your good relation,then as soon as you are done with ur study and secure ur Tier 2 visa by getting a job there in UK u can then bring ur kids over to join you.why I said so is that it may not be easy for you to take care of them over there while studying.pls plan very well.I wish u the very best.

Dear Dupylola, i beg you in the of JESUS Christ, please don't take your kids to any family member, it is better they are with you, than them to pass through unbearable pains from relations..
Please let your kids be the priority because people are wicked irrespective of relation or not..

My condolence..

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 2:20pm On May 06, 2020
GodBless You.
rs172:

Dear Dupylola, i beg you in the of JESUS Christ, please don't take your kids to any family member, it is better they are with you, than them to pass through unbearable pains from relations..
Please let your kids be the priority because people are wicked irrespective of relation or not..

My condolence..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by faks10: 2:31pm On May 06, 2020
@Skymoore1004 ...Can you just learn to calm down and see things in perspectives. She didn't just come here to get a Yes or No answer, she came to seek counsel and possible ways of getting it done. Politely make your contribution and allow others do theirs as well. The lady will sit over all and make her final decision. You have no right to say someone's suggestion is needed or not.

13 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:32pm On May 06, 2020
mimilyrics:
May God grant you the fortitude to bear this loss and may He comfort you now and beyond.
That's a tough one. You can only bring your kids and husband in on your Tier 4 visa.
With your husband's death, it might be difficult bringing your kids over because you'd have to convince the UKVI that you've got adequate care arrangements for your kids in the UK without them getting in the way of your studies (this is based on the assumption that your funds didn't factor in extensive childcare costs for when you're in school and/or at work). If you state that you're bringing your mum-in-law to help with the kids, it opens you up to the option of leaving them in Nigeria with your mum-in-law.
Your mum-in-law can visit your during school weeks to help with the kids but then, there's a limit to how long she can stay and how frequently she can visit the UK on a visiting visa.

with a death certificate to show she the sole parent and proof of funds. That all she needs for dependent Visa

While the reality on ground is that its difficult been a sole parent and schooling but dont mix that up with the process of getting Visa as what you are talking about is the life after the visa and what becomes the reality and not the process of getting the visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:36pm On May 06, 2020
dupylola:
Good day house, please, I need advice. I came to the Uk Jan this year to study a 2 Years program. I am a married woman with kids so my husband and I planned that he would apply for dependant visa with the kids by March. Unfortunately due to the lock down, they couldn’t get the biometrics done and the worst happened,����my hubby died from covid 19 related disease last week.My life shattered but I have to keep moving���

I am planing to return to Nigeria to get the kids for biometrics but my heart bleeds for my husband after all his sacrifices . I am considering applying for his mum so she can help with the kids while I run around. Please, how can I go about this?? There’s enough fund to cover her maintenance fee.

May God comfort and console you... and may his gentle soul rest in peace.

heartbreaking. You can only take one day at a time and one step at a time. An option will be for MIL to get visiting Visa even if its 6 months and then take it from there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Paramedickelvin: 2:39pm On May 06, 2020
Please anyone going to Leeds Beckett university Sept Intake.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 2:40pm On May 06, 2020
Your first post on Nairaland is to @me? Don’t mention me please. It’s not by force to calm down. She came to ask how to get her family over and not suggestions about their welfare or who she should leave the kids with etc. I repeat again, that part wasn’t needed. LEAVE ME PLEASE
faks10:
@Skymoore1004 ...Can you just learn to calm down and see things in perspectives. She didn't just come here to get a Yes or No answer, she came to seek counsel and possible ways of getting it done. Politely make your contribution and allow others do theirs as well. The lady will sit over all and make her final decision. You have no right to say someone's suggestion is needed or not.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 2:48pm On May 06, 2020
dupylola:

You can make tier 4 dependant visa application for your kids to come over to UK as that will be easiest way to regain back your happiness and comfort.

Please Let your mother-in-law stay back in Nigeria for now and you can be sending money to her to take care of her expenses.

You need total independence and time for healing.
Try to accommodate a nice and caring tier 4 student around your vicinity in a flatshare to be staying with you. You can be working night shift while the tier 4 student is doing day shift with studies, just to be sure that someone is always at home with the kids. Preferably, you can do day work when the kids are in school for their studies.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by 4real(m): 2:49pm On May 06, 2020
First of all @mimilyrics was correct and I didnt see where she said that she couldn't get dependant visas for her kids; I can see where she said that only her husband and kids apply as dependants. She gave the lady options which she is entitled to take or not take. You are arguing off point
Can her mother in law be granted a visit visa? YES. Let's assume she applied for a 10 year visa and was granted, she spends 6 months and then leaves back to nigeria to travel back to the United Kingdom let's say, 1 month later, by the time she does this twice it would mean she has spent more than one year in the united kingdom than Nigeria which should be her primary country of residence. You said if she explains the situation than they would understand but as far as the UKVI is concerned, the woman would be considered to have lied on her visa application, she is meant to visa and not be a resident.And for your information,the mother-in-law looking after the kids in the United Kingdom will be considered work even though she may not be paid in cash but payment in kind is also considered payment by the UKVI.
The UKVI asks for maintenance funds for a reason, they would expect you to pay for child maintance by yourself should you need one in the United Kingdom. You can't say that you have maintenance funds but need your mother-in-law to help with the kids. The funds are there to help wih the kids.
Secondly, by the third visit (after staying 6 months on each trip) mother-in-law's visa would be cancelled in situations like stated above, the United Kingdom is not Nigeria where we run things based on sentiments.

Skymoore1004:

In conclusion, can she get a dependent visa for her kids with proof of adequate funds and other requirements- YES

Can she get a visit visa for her in-law and can she stay up to 6 months for 2-10 years type of visas?-YES.
It is written on the government website and if one obeys the rules in regards to the visit visa, I see no issue. They’re adults and they know how to make decisions. You’re allowed 180 days, it’s left for them to say okay, let’s do 90 days per visit or 120 per visit.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 2:51pm On May 06, 2020
Kk
4real:
First of all @mimilyrics was correct and I didnt see where she said that she couldn't get dependant visas for her kids; I can see where she said that only her husband and kids apply as dependants. She gave the lady options which she is entitled to take or not take. You are arguing off point
Can her mother in law be granted a visit visa? YES. Let's assume she applied for a 10 year visa and was granted, she spends 6 months and then leaves back to nigeria to travel back to the United Kingdom let's say, 1 month later, by the time she does this twice it would mean she has spent more than one year in the united kingdom than Nigeria which should be her primary country of residence. You said if she explains the situation than they would understand but as far as the UKVI is concerned, the woman would be considered to have lied on her visa application. And for your information,
the mother-in-law looking after the kids in the United Kingdom will be considered work even though she may not be paid in cash but payment in kind is also considered payment by the UKVI.
The UKVI asks for maintenance funds for a reason, they would expect you to pay for child maintance by yourself should you need one in the United Kingdom. You can't say that you have maintenance funds but need your mother-in-law to help with the kids. The funds are there to help wih the kids.
Secondly, by the third visit (after staying 6 months on each trip) mother-in-law's visa would be cancelled in situations like stated above, the United Kingdom is not Nigeria where we run things based on sentiments.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 2:52pm On May 06, 2020
Yemsot:
Please house

How do i go about health and criminal records declaration from here in Nigeria. I have applied for post graduate diploma certificate in Education via UCAS TT and some schools are requesting for that.

Why UCAS when you can apply to hundreds of uni for free?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 2:59pm On May 06, 2020
Skymoore1004:

You are right and mimilyrics appears correct too, however let’s not turn this into an argument, let’s suggest a solution for her.

Whatever she decides to do, I’d caution against leaving your kids with anyone in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 3:06pm On May 06, 2020
Pls read my previous comments. I never said that she couldn't get a visa; check my very 1st comment on this. My comment addressed the part of her bringing in her mum-in-law to help with the kids and my comments have been based on what I inferred from the post (I also noted this in my comments). I also laid out possible (not definite) actions if taking care of the kids without her mum-in-law wasn't feasible for her. Also if she has kids below 4 years old, they can't be in nursery for the full school day hours so she will either need to be home with them or pay for nannies which she might or might not have factored in her expenditure.
I don't know what her emotional/psychological/mental situation is as a result of her husband's death so I can only suggest options based on my inference from her comment.
If she makes an application to UKVI about bringing her mum-in-law to help take care of the kids, it casts aspersions on whether she truly has money available for maintenance and bringing her mum-in-law into the picture (for the purpose of helping with the children) leaves the UKVI open to the option of the children having adequate care in Nigeria with or without their mother.
There are cases where applications are refused if information doesn't quite add up even if you've got money in your account so it's up to the applicant to ensure that there are no red flags on his/her application.

LagosismyHome:

with a death certificate to show she the sole parent and proof of funds. That all she needs for dependent Visa

While the reality on ground is that its difficult been a sole parent and schooling but dont mix that up with the process of getting Visa as what you are talking about is the life after the visa and what becomes the reality and not the process of getting the visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 3:08pm On May 06, 2020
dupylola:

Wow! this is so touching...please accept my condolences. It is well..

Concerning dependent visa, you would have a greater success applying for your children alone.
For your MIL, know that the 6 months rule is per year..so if she comes and spends 4 months on her first trip, she can only return after a while to spend the last 2 months. People's visa's have been cancelled and their parents were sent back from the airport because of this.. so don't let anyone deceive you that the rules are over flexible...
Also, has she ever applied for a UK visa before? if not, she can only get the 6 months visa initially..then 2 years, 5 years..etc. I stand to be corrected but I was of the opinion that the visitor application rules goes that route.
For your children, start researching on possible care givers, be it nigerian/african/ others and look for a suitable plan that would meet your study time, work time and their time. If your children are all below 13 years, they can never be left alone at home...

It's quite a tough choice to handle when plans have been made and now have to be changed. But I believe God will see you through. Stay focused on him and let him guide and comfort you at this time.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:10pm On May 06, 2020
STENON:

You can make tier 4 dependant visa application for your kids to come over to UK as that will be easiest way to regain back your happiness and comfort.

Please Let your mother-in-law stay back in Nigeria for now and you can be sending money to her to take care of her expenses.

You need total independence and time for healing.
Try to accommodate a nice and caring tier 4 student around your vicinity in a flatshare to be staying with you. You can be working night shift while the tier 4 student is doing day shift with studies, just to be sure that someone is always at home with the kids. Preferably, you can do day work when the kids are in school for their studies.

But where will she see someone who will do all this for her... in this UK?. Almost impossible.

How helpful are others. Many have their own LIFE load they are carrying. Even to help you babysit. To find who does it for free in this country is not easy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:13pm On May 06, 2020
mimilyrics:
Pls read my previous comments. I never said that she couldn't get a visa; check my very 1st comment on this. My comment addressed the part of her bringing in her mum-in-law to help with the kids and my comments have been based on what I inferred from the post (I also noted this in my comments). I also laid out possible (not definite) actions if taking care of the kids without her mum-in-law wasn't feasible for her. Also if she has kids below 4 years old, they can't be in nursery for the full school day hours so she will either need to be home with them or pay for nannies which she might or might not have factored in her expenditure.
I don't know what her emotional/psychological/mental situation is as a result of her husband's death so I can only suggest options based on my inference from her comment.
If she makes an application to UKVI about bringing her mum-in-law to help take care of the kids, it casts aspersions on whether she truly has money available for maintenance and bringing her mum-in-law into the picture (for the purpose of helping with the children) leaves the UKVI open to the option of the children having adequate care in Nigeria.
There are cases where applications are refused if information doesn't quite add up even if you've got money in your account so it's up to the applicant to ensure that there are no red flags on his/her application.

Ok.... very valid point on the MIL application. I thought you meant on the kids application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 3:18pm On May 06, 2020
dupylola:

I’m not an emotional person but this one got me.

I’m really sorry to read this, be strong and take sometime to get yourself together again.

Please get the death certificate and attach it to the application for your kids and your mother Inlaw then explain in the form what happened...really struggling to write more...

Will add more later

10 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 3:26pm On May 06, 2020
Exactly my thought when I read it except there’s some benefits attached to it for the person i.e not paying rent

LagosismyHome:

But where will she see someone who will do all this for her... in this UK?. Almost impossible.

How helpful are others. Many have their own LIFE load they are carrying. Even to help you babysit. To find who does it for free in this country is not easy

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pretty1986: 4:06pm On May 06, 2020
Paramedickelvin:
Please anyone going to Leeds Beckett university Sept Intake.....
Yes.which department? and Masters or Bsc?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dupylola: 4:12pm On May 06, 2020
Thank you all for your advice. Please , do not argue about my case, it’s making me teary.I appreciate everyone, and I must confess I have learnt some new things from everyone’s advice. I await more advice from justwise.
Thank you all.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yemsot: 4:16pm On May 06, 2020
mattfeuter:

Why UCAS when you can apply to hundreds of uni for free?

It's teacher training and majority of the schools have to be through UCASTT
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 4:27pm On May 06, 2020
E-hugs to you. I wish there was a way I could make things better for you. God will strengthen you through this period. Not sure what part of the UK you're in but if you need someone to talk to, feel free to send a PM.

dupylola:
Thank you all for your advice. Please , do not argue about my case, it’s making me teary.I appreciate everyone, and I must confess I have learnt some new things from everyone’s advice. I await more advice from justwise.
Thank you all.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chinlov: 5:47pm On May 06, 2020
Wao. This one got me. So sorry about your husband. I pray God will lead you into the right decisions. I am so speechless right now but please accept my condolences and I suggest you try your best to be with your kids, they need you as much as you need them now more than ever. And don't fail to share any future challenges, who knows someone here might have the right solutions. Be strong dear sister!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Arhmiee(f): 6:24pm On May 06, 2020
dupylola:

This is quite sad. Accept my sincere condolences.
May God grant you the grace to bear the loss.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by AlFath(m): 6:50pm On May 06, 2020
dupylola:

Please accept my condolences.
May the Almighty God be with you and guide you through.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by AlFath(m): 7:03pm On May 06, 2020
Yemsot:
Please house

Yemsot:

It's teacher training and majority of the schools have to be through UCASTT

Hello,

Please which route are you applying for; School Direct or University based?

Which stage are you in the application process?
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.