Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1086407 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Arhmiee(f): 4:02pm On Aug 18, 2020
Hebraeem:
Good afternoon guys, please can one make bank transfer for TB testing from a Naira savings account? If not, from which please?

Yes, you can. Send the receipt or screenshot of the receipt to their mail.
You can also print out your receipt when going there as proof of payment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Hebraeem: 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2020
Thank you. Also, please can I keep my tuition and maintenance fees in my savings account or it must be a current account as proof of funds?
Arhmiee:

Yes, you can. Send the receipt or screenshot of the receipt to their mail.
You can also print out your receipt when going there as proof of payment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oby200: 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2020
Hi people, pls can someone use a Tb certificate that expired in June for visa application this September. I heard some of these rules are flexible this period because of covid 19.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Franklyn4: 4:23pm On Aug 18, 2020
Hebraeem:
Thank you. Also, please can I keep my tuition and maintenance fees in my savings account or it must be a current account as proof of funds?

You can put it in any of your account type, so long as they bear the same names you are using for all your applications. Good luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 4:27pm On Aug 18, 2020
Please get a new one smiley
Oby200:
Hi people, pls can someone use a Tb certificate that expired in June for visa application this September. I heard some of these rules are flexible this period because of covid 19.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonTwice(m): 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2020
[quote author=asatin007 post=92950814]Any ideas on how to personalize my answer on "Why did you choose this course". I just found out my current answer to this may sound generic. Please bear in mind that I have chosen Cyber Security[/quote

You wrote a personal statement before applying to the university why not use that? I believe all your reasons are there and that's your answer. Same goes for anyone who are finding it difficult to answer these questions.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 4:30pm On Aug 18, 2020
This actually makes a lot of sense because some of these questions ehn....

Mimilyrics, your reward is in heaven.

Skymoore1004:
Funny thing about this is that majority of applicants are only using the study route as a way of leaving Nigeria.

They cannot answer these questions.
Infact, some of them ask agents to just apply to any course that will give them offer quickly grin.
Some will opt for courses that they will not even study for free, if it was to be taught in Nigeria. Their own is just to pay agent & go for application submission, nothing more.

Agent will choose the course, write personal statement & just send them offer when it’s out.

P:S: I’m just making a random statement, you guys should not pick offence o.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sommylove5: 4:33pm On Aug 18, 2020
mimilyrics:
What were your considerations for choosing your course? Did you choose it as a result of your previous work experience or because you want to switch careers? If you are returning to your employer, how does this benefit your employer? Will it result in a pay raise for you at work? How does it satisfy your professional goals? Of what benefit is the course to you? Benefit is in terms of professional development / achievement or financial compensation. Did you check other courses? If yes, why did you choose this course above the other ones? What short or long term goal does this fulfil?
The answers to the above questions will enable you make the reason for choosing your course sound more personalized.

@mimilyrics please I need your response to this .

Am applying for tier4 student visa together with my husband and my child . The majority of the money for our account statement was transferred to me by my husband to my account then my personal savings . My husband has been working for 7years while I have worked for 5years. We have been married for 3years . Please If am asked who is funding my studies and my living expenses what is the best way to answer this ? Thank you as I await your swift response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 4:37pm On Aug 18, 2020
Exactly what you stated in the bolded.

There’s no wrong in being sponsored by your spouse or family.
Sommylove5:

@mimilyrics please I need your response to this .

Am applying for tier4 student visa together with my husband and my child . The majority of the money for our account statement was transferred to me by my husband to my account then my personal savings . My husband has been working for 7years while I have worked for 5years. We have been married for 3years . Please If am asked who is funding my studies and my living expenses what is the best way to answer this ? Thank you as I await your swift response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Laura123: 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
Guys, my husband got an appointment date for 16th sept Abuja TLS..He just amended it now and got 27th August. 25th August is free too. Please check it out

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Flezi1: 4:40pm On Aug 18, 2020
asatin007:
Any ideas on how to personalize my answer on "Why did you choose this course". I just found out my current answer to this may sound generic. Please bear in mind that I have chosen Cyber Security

The question you should ask yourself is, how does this relate to your previous decree, how does it fit into ur previous work experience. How does it improve your current knowled and what do u intend to achieve with the knowledge gained.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Hebraeem: 4:41pm On Aug 18, 2020
Ok thanks. Any one heading to U of huddersfield?
Franklyn4:

You can put it in any of your account type, so long as they bear the same names you are using for all your applications. Good luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2020
smilz:
Please did anyone go for walk-in at TLS VI today?

Were people accepted for walk-in?

Yes. I was there today
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Flezi1: 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2020
Does anyone have any idea of how i can access dollar or pounds at the official CBN rate for purpose of payment of my visa fee(£345) and IHS (£600). Also i guess i can use another persons card for my payments?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 4:56pm On Aug 18, 2020
Flezi1:
Does anyone have any idea of how i can access dollar or pounds at the official CBN rate for purpose of payment of my visa fee(£345) and IHS (£600)- NO. Most cards have restrictions now ‘& you cannot pay that much anymore at such rate... Also i guess i can use another persons card for my payments?- YES.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by BoleAndFish: 4:58pm On Aug 18, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

You'll have to define "expensive" for you. Dangote, Bill Gates and Iya Sikuru in Ajegunle have different definitions of "expensive".
Hahahaha! grin grin

Definitely not Dangote type of expensive. Iya Sikuru type pls.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonTwice(m): 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2020
ZabethMay:

Yes. I was there today

How did your interview go?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Flezi1: 5:21pm On Aug 18, 2020
Oby200:

Yes you can, i personally wrote to them , an i was told that all expired tb certificates within the last 6 before the application date would be accepted as a a result of the covid pandemic. Find below the response.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Flezi1: 5:28pm On Aug 18, 2020
Hi all

I have two of my sisters resident in the Uk with their families and they are citizens. Is it advisable i say i would live with them or should i say i would be staying in a different location. Just want to know the pros and cons.

Regards,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Smithkafors(m): 5:32pm On Aug 18, 2020
Please, I need clarification on 28day deposit money. If we are to calculate it,what's the rate in naira(equivalent to 1pounds) to use, currently black market sells at 590 naira per pounds .
I need urgent response. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sommylove5: 5:34pm On Aug 18, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Exactly what you stated in the bolded.

There’s no wrong in being sponsored by your spouse or family.

Thank you dear
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 5:35pm On Aug 18, 2020
I also wrote to them and got the same reply but be careful with your interpretation. It says a VALID tuberculosis certificate and what I understand this to mean is that the certificate should be valid (tenable, not expired) at the time you make your application.

The concession is that if the certificate then expires say a few days after your application has been submitted or before a decision is made, and the expiry date has not gone past 6 months, then it would be accepted.

I don’t think this email expressly means you can submit an expired or invalid certificate with your applications.

This is my opinion though. @justwise @mimilyrics

Flezi1:

Yes you can, i personally wrote to them , an i was told that all expired tb certificates within the last 6 before the application date would be accepted as a a result of the covid pandemic. Find below the response.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oby200: 5:36pm On Aug 18, 2020
Flezi1:

Oh great. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 5:37pm On Aug 18, 2020
You may want to read my previous post regarding the issue of expired tuberculosis certificate and then make an informed decision

Oby200:

Oh great. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oby200: 5:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
naledis:
I also wrote to them and got the same reply but be careful with your interpretation. It says a VALID tuberculosis certificate and what I understand this to mean is that the certificate should be valid (tenable, not expired) at the time you make your application.

The concession is that if the certificate then expires say a few days after your application has been submitted or before a decision is made, and the expiry date has not gone past 6 months, then it would be accepted.

I don’t think this email expressly means you can submit an expired or invalid certificate with your applications.

This is my opinion though

Hmmm, this may be right too. �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dejavu31: 5:39pm On Aug 18, 2020
I did my interview today and I was asked this Question. My dad, Mum and sis live in the uk all citizens. They live 45 minutes away from the school, even the man interviewing me confirmed the distance. He asked if I will be staying with them, I answered that I have made arrangements with various landlords but I want to see what I’m paying for before paying and as such I will be living with my parents till I sort the accommodation issues out, and he answered fair enough. Mind you I included my parents tenancy agreement and utility bills as supporting document.

Flezi1:
Hi all

I have two of my sisters resident in the Uk with their families and they are citizens. Is it advisable i say i would live with them or should i say i would be staying in a different location. Just want to know the pros and cons.

Regards,

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Flezi1: 5:41pm On Aug 18, 2020
naledis:

This is my opinion though. @justwise @mimilyrics

I think you getting the interpretation missed up. It clearly states that it would accepted if it expired within the last six months. If you go by ur explanation , do you know any visa application that would 6 months for a decision to be made. Am welcome get the views of others ,mine would expire AUGUST 24 and i would be using it like that. It bears the name of same university.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Flezi1: 5:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
Smithkafors:
Please, I need clarification on 28day deposit money. If we are to calculate it,what's the rate in naira(equivalent to 1pounds) to use, currently black market sells at 590 naira per pounds .

The rate used is oanda rate. https://www1.oanda.com/currency/converter/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 5:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
It - being a valid certificate as stated in the email right? What then do you consider to be a valid tuberculosis certificate?

I’m not trying to force you to accept my interpretation. I just need you to be entirely certain of what you choose to do so you don’t have any regrets. Don’t take any chances ✌️

Flezi1:

I think you getting the interpretation missed up. It clearly states that it would accepted if it expired within the last six months. If you go by ur explanation , do you know any visa application that would 6 months for a decision to be made. Am welcome get the views of others ,mine would expire AUGUST 24 and i would be using it like that. It bears the name of same university.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:12pm On Aug 18, 2020
Flezi1:
Hi all

Regards,

I don't think it matters staying with or not with them because either way you have to show maintenance allowance which covers accommodation.......

If your siblings live close to school then fair enough to say you staying there but if the distance is very far no point saying you stay there since you are showing maintenance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:15pm On Aug 18, 2020
Smithkafors:

UK visa services only uses oanda website rates
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by MamaG2020: 6:16pm On Aug 18, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.