Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,858 members, 7,806,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1085697 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Luchi89(f): 10:33pm On Sep 16, 2020
Good evening all. Congrats to all those that have received their visas.
Please house I have an urgent matter at hand. My sister's school is starting on Monday 21st (Her CAS was delayed). Now she's at the stage of visa application but she was not able to get a date for the remaining months of the year. Please can she still go for a walk in or is it compulsory to hold an appointment confirmation paper? Please I'd appreciate your urgent responses. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by funshobabs(m): 10:41pm On Sep 16, 2020
Hello guys.. Congrats to all that have gotten their visas so far. Please which UK school has the most discounted tuition fee for Msc mechanical engineering?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Luseyi: 10:44pm On Sep 16, 2020
Okay so what I noticed is that it change from application received by DMC to application transferred to VAC today, also I got the mail to pick up today at around 2:30pm and picked up at their office at about 3pm.

I didn't get a non straight forward mail nor a call for second interview.Am waiting for dependents visa cos they did theirs 25th and 27th.

God did it for me and am positive he will do yours too.Pls be strong, I understand the wait is tiring.I had to distract myself by watching series on Utube.Had my interview on 25th at Ikeja at about 12:30pm

Capitalbase:

Good evening chief
Please I also did mine same date @ same venue by 11am.
Please can you share your timeline?

My heart won jump comot from my body cus I don make plenty decisions and this silence from UKVI is something else.

Best Regards

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 10:50pm On Sep 16, 2020
How exactly do expect someone to know this Mr funshobabs? Kindly google “Msc Mechanical Engineering UK” and check the tuition for all the universities suggested.
You will get your answer smiley
funshobabs:
Hello guys.. Congrats to all that have gotten their visas so far. Please which UK school has the most discounted tuition fee for Msc mechanical engineering?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Waledarep(m): 10:50pm On Sep 16, 2020
Yes, with Sterling Bank at N504 per 1 GBP

iamlinton:
Anyone paid tuition through form A within the last one week and has been successful?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 11:12pm On Sep 16, 2020
Congratulations...

I tap into your blessing.

Luseyi:
Okay so what I noticed is that it change from application received by DMC to application transferred to VAC today, also I got the mail to pick up today at around 2:30pm and picked up at their office at about 3pm.

I didn't get a non straight forward mail nor a call for second interview.Am waiting for dependents visa cos they did theirs 25th and 27th.

God did it for me and am positive he will do yours too. Pls be strong, I understand the wait is tiring.I had to distract myself by watching series on Utube.Had my interview on 25th at Ikeja at about 12:30pm

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tohlah1(m): 11:16pm On Sep 16, 2020
It has ended in premium tears of Joy grin grin
Holla! VISA APPROVED cheesy cheesy

So here is my timeline;
Application date :25th, August
Biometric :8, September 10:00am. IKJ ( got a mail, Application transferred to DCM for processing).
16/09. 06:49am I got a mail
Dear XXXXXXX

REF: GWFxxxxxxx

Please be advised that a decision was made on your visa application today. Your documents and visa decision will now be returned by commercial courier to the visa application centre where you applied (unless you paid for the courier fee in which case it will be returned directly to you). This can take a few days and be subject to unforeseen delays so please wait for the visa application centre to advise you when your documents and decision are ready for collection.

Regards,
UKVI Pretoria

2:34 pm, got a collection mail. Left everything I was doing to Etiebet grin grin grin.

N.B Priority Visa.

I pray for everyone trust and believing that very soon U'll laugh last. Mehnnn..... The waiting is something else it is draining .

29 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ogcgodwin: 11:16pm On Sep 16, 2020
Please can Uk standard visa application be upgraded to priority service ??, please I need help If so how much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by arhyur(f): 11:39pm On Sep 16, 2020
Congratulations

Tohlah1:

So here is my timeline;
Biometric :8, September 10:00am. IKJ ( got a mail, Application transferred to DCM for processing).
Dear XXXXXXX

Please be advised that a decision was made on your visa application today. Your documents and visa decision will now be returned by commercial courier to the visa application centre where you applied (unless you paid for the courier fee in which case it will be returned directly to you). This can take a few days and be subject to unforeseen delays so please wait for the visa application centre to advise you when your documents and decision are ready for collection.

Regards,
UKVI Pretoria

2:34 pm, got a collection mail. Left everything I was doing to Etiebet grin grin grin.

N.B Priority Visa.

I pray for everyone trust and believing that very soon U'll laugh last. Mehnnn..... The waiting is something else it is draining .

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kaylov12: 12:30am On Sep 17, 2020
ajags80:
People,

My Biometrics and Interview, VI TLS Aug 26th. Complex/Not straight forward mail 14th Sept, Mail for Telephone Interview On 15th, Telephone Interview scheduled for 9am but started at 9.30am today. The network was poor and the Interviewer had not interacted with many Nigerians in the past or my accent is too Nigerian. We kept having to go over every response I gave. I spelt out more than 50% of my feedback.

Not to scare anyone, it took about 1 and a half hours, I found it laborious, And i had to use my initiative. The session was just so stressful.

I hope for the best and Please Pray for this Sister!
Don't fret sis, it will definitely end in praise. I will have mine tomorrow, your questions will help a great deal.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Olufemichael(m): 3:56am On Sep 17, 2020
Tohlah1:

So here is my timeline;
Dear XXXXXXX

Regards,
UKVI Pretoria

N.B Priority Visa.

I pray for everyone trust and believing that very soon U'll laughs last. Men..... The waiting is something else it is draining.

Congratulations boss. More wins in Jesus' name. Amen.

What is going on in VI na? I got this same message around the same time with a friend who did his biometric in Ikeja. Till now, my app is still showing AT DMC. A friend of mine said that he also experienced the same thing last year and that he had to go to VI without a collection email and then he discovered that his visa was ready. Do we have anyone currently in the same shoe?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Odedenshi1(m): 3:59am On Sep 17, 2020
Ogcgodwin:
Please can Uk standard visa application be upgraded to priority service ??, please I need help If so how much

Yes, it can be upgraded. The cost is £220 (approximately #130,000), I wish you the best of luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Odedenshi1(m): 4:03am On Sep 17, 2020
Good morning guys,
I did walk-in at V.I TLS on September 15th, just 1week before my appointment date, which is September 22nd. As I write this post, my application is yet to be transferred to DMC. It’s just showing Biometric Enrollment Done, I hope there is nothing to worry about?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 5:26am On Sep 17, 2020
Luseyi:

God did it for me and am positive he will do yours too.Pls be strong, I understand the wait is tiring.I had to distract myself by watching series on Utube.Had my interview on 25th at Ikeja at about 12:30pm

Thanks so much bro.
I appreciate!!!
We hope on God then!!!

Best Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by funshobabs(m): 6:06am On Sep 17, 2020
Lol, why not. People do research and that's the essence of research to make other people's life easier. I'm certain lots of people here have applied to many schools in UK and of course different courses and might have an idea. If you don't know, then I suggest that should be personal to you therefore you can easily ignore the question. Anyways, thanks for letting me know that google will give me the answer I'm looking for I'm grateful.
Skymoore1004:
How exactly do expect someone to know this Mr funshobabs? Kindly google “Msc Mechanical Engineering UK” and check the tuition for all the universities suggested.
You will get your answer smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 6:31am On Sep 17, 2020
I don't know if someone has already asked this question here. I have standard visa application and I want to do walk in 4 days before my interview date and I would also like to pay for priority as well. Can I pay for priority on the day of my walkin as well (42k + 130k)? Or do I have to pay for the priority through online process etc?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ibromoney: 6:42am On Sep 17, 2020
Thanks boss
mimilyrics:
See link below for a sample. Edit and delete content as appropriate.
https://www.mzv.cz/file/1717678/Letter_of_Consent_for_Minors_travelling_to_UK_Apr08.pdfto_UK_Apr08.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tadebisi: 7:09am On Sep 17, 2020
House please,

Is there a reduction in visa fee? If there was please how much was it before and now?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chuukwudi(m): 7:15am On Sep 17, 2020
donmanuel1:
Please house, any suggestion of universities offering data analytics or business analytics with tuition fee within 10k to 12k pounds...The ones I saw are are quite high..thank you.

Teesside University
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chuukwudi(m): 7:20am On Sep 17, 2020
ChicFashion:
Please anybody that has family member in UKVI should help us beg them o. Since Aug 25th, no news. Absolutely nothing. I cant even spend money to be calling them or sending email.

Has anybody tried to contact them, did they say the reason for the delay for August applicants? September applicants are getting their visas so i dont even understand again.

Me too. angry angry angry cry cry cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kinkwin: 7:23am On Sep 17, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

This is unfortunately not in line with the rules.
You should have submitted and paid for your application any day after your 28 day count ended ( 6 September in your case).
Just hope it's overlooked.

If I cancel my application , and resubmit, I guess the statement is still valid or do I need to put another money in the bank ? My statement says from August 8 to September 6 and I applied September 5 And did walk in September 9th at VI. so from the response I have gotten here , it seems the statement stayed for only 27days instead of 28th.

So the guru in the house should advise me if I should cancel and submit again and I go would need to leave the money in the bank again for another 28days

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by GbengaGbenga(m): 7:23am On Sep 17, 2020
Same here. Tracker still at DMC. Don't fret. The goodnews is on the way.

Chuukwudi:

Me too. angry angry angry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jiasemota: 7:26am On Sep 17, 2020
Am still in the same boat....

Got mail from pretoria on the 16th that decision has been made,but app has not changed from still with DMC.
Did mine at ikj on the 7th. But i plan on going there today, as someone who got same mail with me got theirs...although she got a mail to come pick it up, and it was priority.

Olufemichael:

Congratulations boss. More wins in Jesus' name. Amen.

What is going on in VI na? I got this same message around the same time with a friend who did his biometric in Ikeja. Till now, my app is still showing AT DMC. A friend of mine said that he also experienced the same thing last year and that he had to go to VI without a collection email and then he discovered that his visa was ready. Do we have anyone currently in the same shoe?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Olufemichael(m): 7:30am On Sep 17, 2020
jiasemota:

Got mail from pretoria on the 16th that decision has been made,but app has not changed from still with DMC.
Did mine at ikj on the 7th. But i plan on going there today, as someone who got same mail with me got theirs...although she got a mail to come pick it up, and it was priority.

Thanks for your response. This friend's own wasn't a priority visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 8:21am On Sep 17, 2020
Your best bet is to try other Unis. I have seen a couple of suggestions on here but please note that from what you have written, it is not just because of your previous refusals. The issue of progression also seems to be a key factor so you need to address that.

It appears your personal statement doesn’t sufficiently address why you’re doing another masters as the Uni clearly told you this and it brings up clear red flags (why would someone want to pay crazy international fees twice?) Add that to the previous visa refusals from different countries and you’ll see things from their perspective.

The onus is on you to make your personal statement as solid as possible so any questions or doubts they have are addressed. To me, this is where you have fallen short.

Try running your personal statement by a couple of people just to be sure you have covered all bases. I wouldn’t suggest you withhold the information about your previous refusals but that’s your call to make.

SegunWamiri:
PLEASE... HELP. DENIAL OF CAS
@justwise, @mimilyrics, @ANYONE

Good evening All, I have been on silent mode for quite a while now. That is because I have been engaged in some kind of tussle with my school - Liverpool Hope University but I think it's hightime I presented my case here.

The school has refused to issue my CAS after discovering that I have 3 previous visa refusals (US Visit, Canada study and Australia visit) after my first UK master's degree. This information was requested ONLY after I have fulfilled all the conditions - Tuition deposit, DBS disclosure/Nigerian Police Character Certificate, completing an Online health questionnaire, copy of valid passport that came with my offer on April 15th, 2020 and then it's time to issue CAS and they are messing up.

My angle of argument is that if they knew that past visa refusals is a concern for them, they should have asked me about it early enough in the admission process. As a matter of fact, they shouldn't have made me an offer in the first place. Why is it just coming up? Meanwhile, I didn't take my interview with Derby serious because I felt that I already have a SURE admission with Liverpool Hope.

Here is a quote from their email to me:

"It was noted that you completed an RQF Level 7 MSc in Management at the University of Hertfordshire in 2013 and that the MA Social Work course that you have applied for is also an RQF Level 7 qualification. When assigning a CAS to an applicant for a course at the same academic level as a previously completed UK qualification, we need to justify the reasoning for this. Having reviewed your personal statement the Panel felt that this was not adequately explained in your application. Furthermore, as you already have 3 visa refusals from other countries, any future visa application is likely to be scrutinized more closely, and it is felt that your credibility as a genuine student may be questioned."

Apart from looking for another school and possibly prepare for January/February 2021, what else can I do? Although I have been in touch with the Pro VC whom signed my admission letter in the first place, presenting all evidences and documents that the school had led me on this far, she is yet to give a positive response.

NB: The £5,700 tuition/YR for international applicants was my source of attraction/motivation. Therefore, I honestly don't know where I can start gathering more than that from at this period. sad

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Youngee34: 8:33am On Sep 17, 2020
Please when you go there, kindly let us know about the outcome.
Thank you

jiasemota:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by eddieifeoluwa: 8:40am On Sep 17, 2020
Good morning house.

Please I need a clarification on this matter,my dependents option for prime appointment at TLS center today does that mean we can submit the application any time of the day, although The appointment time is 3pm.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lawrence6(m): 8:41am On Sep 17, 2020
Good morning everyone,
Pls can anyone who did walk in on Friday 11th sept pls brief us on update so far pls.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kinkwin: 8:42am On Sep 17, 2020
Lawrence6:
Good morning everyone,
Pls can anyone who did walk in on Friday 11th sept pls brief us on update so far pls.

I did walk in September 9th and nothing yet
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dami24(f): 8:45am On Sep 17, 2020
[quote author=Kinkwin post=94006285][/quote]

My dear, I think the house has already advised that you be positive and hope for the best. Some others have even said that you have nothing to worry as you have the 28days covered.

Besides, if you cancel your application, you will not get a refund because you have already done biometrics.

So just relax and wait for the outcome.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akomosule: 8:46am On Sep 17, 2020
Please

Anyone used the priority visa at TLS vi and gotten a decision yet?

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.