Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,072 members, 7,807,215 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1086022 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by RealBae: 6:04am On Sep 18, 2020
Congrats in Advance
I did mine same day not walk in
Did they call you for phone interview?

magnificientzaz:

I did my biometrics in VI same date though not walk in. 'I got the decision has been made' mail yesterday from UKVI Pretoria.
Still waiting for pickup mail from TLS but I intend going there by 2pm today whether or not i receive the mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Southhost: 6:10am On Sep 18, 2020
magnificientzaz:

I did my biometrics in VI same date though not walk in. 'I got the decision has been made' mail yesterday from UKVI Pretoria.
Still waiting for pickup mail from TLS but I intend going there by 2pm today whether or not i receive the mail.

Oh dear , I did biometrics same day too but walk in instead , my initial appointment date booked was suppose to be today Sept 18. anyway I am hopeful I would get an email today or latest Monday. At what time yesterday did you get the email?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:17am On Sep 18, 2020
Joshua62:
Hello at all,

My scholarship is fully funded for my Phd which has a duration of 4 years.

The only expense i will be paying for is my flight and accommodation in the UK which costs about GBP650 monthly, the scholarship also comes with a monthly stipend of about GBP1200. I have just completed my visa application form, upon reviewing the documents under the checklist, i realized there was no bank statement of account.

Do i need to add the "bank statement of account" to my documents upon submission since i will be covering my flight expenses only?
My naira closing balance is about N500k (which will definitely cover for my flight).

Thanks at all

Does this scholarship letter clearly states what you will be getting. Not just word of mouth but is it actually stated in the official letter

If yes then sum the total on the letter and then sum the total that is needed for UKVI for your maintaince and tuition... subtract the first from second. If there is no balance or a sulphus then you are ok .... if it negative then you need a bank account to cover the difference

UKVI doesnt ask you about flight cost. What is wants us for u to show evidence of tuition and maintenance total . Flight and other cost have been factored in the maintenance element
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by area74: 6:28am On Sep 18, 2020
@justwise, mimilyrics and other experienced people in the house.

Please I need clarification on the status of qualified accountants (ACCA) moving to the UK for studies. Is it that there are no jobs for accountants or British people are not just willing to employ foreigners because I do see loads of accounting vacancies on different jobs boards ad well as those posted to members portal by ACCA.
I am just wondering how it can be so difficult to get lucky with one of those opportunities that one is clearly qualified to take.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by popplm(m): 6:50am On Sep 18, 2020
Hello my good people, please how can I find my way to TLS office at ikeja. Coming from Ibadan in a public Bus.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by magnificientzaz(f): 7:05am On Sep 18, 2020
RealBae:
Congrats in Advance
I did mine same day not walk in
Did they call you for phone interview?

Thank you

No calls, no Interview
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by magnificientzaz(f): 7:06am On Sep 18, 2020
Southhost:

Oh dear , I did biometrics same day too but walk in instead , my initial appointment date booked was suppose to be today Sept 18. anyway I am hopeful I would get an email today or latest Monday. At what time yesterday did you get the email?

Hopefully, yours should enter today.
The mail came in at 7:10am
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Timexy1: 7:09am On Sep 18, 2020
Praise God
Visa approved for family of three

TLS Abuja

Timeline
Online application submitted for main applicant August 18, dependants August 19
Biometrics / interview August 26
Collection email September 16
Delivered by DHL September 17

Appreciation to all the contributors on this forum and particularly to @mimilyrics for reviewing our cover letter.

Please kindly note that the main applicant (my wife) indicated she is financially responsible for me and my daughter. Our application also indicated our residence in UK is the school, but the school does not have accommodation for families.
The school rep in Nigeria saw these as errors, helped draft a cover letter to address these errors, but advised we cancel the application and submit a fresh one stating that our chances of getting visa approval were slim due to the "errors".
We decided to proceed with the application and cover letter. We didn't cancel. We also shared the cover letter with @mimilyrics who helped review it.
Thank God it ended in praise and testimonies.

Praying for everyone still expecting a decision for favour and positive outcome

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Southhost: 7:19am On Sep 18, 2020
magnificientzaz:

Hopefully, yours should enter today.
The mail came in at 7:10am

I pray so , thank you and congrats

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 8:04am On Sep 18, 2020
So I did priority on September 11, nothing till now. I have tracked and it’s still showing application received at dmc, since Monday oo. What could be wrong? Is there a way to call TLS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ralphtamtobi: 8:05am On Sep 18, 2020
I don't think so. I did on the 11th and i am following up someone on the 9th.

I am patiently waiting for you guys to move up in the que, so that 11th can have hope

Southhost:
Hello house

Has Anybody who did walk-in September 9th at VI received any email yet? Mine is still saying it’s at DMC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:06am On Sep 18, 2020
For any job/vacancy that you apply for, your ability to confidently sell yourself, your skills and your value goes a long way. As it is in any field, your first application/ interview will not necessarily land you the role. Persistence and being able to meet the person specification / job requirements is also key.
area74:
@justwise, mimilyrics and other experienced people in the house.

Please I need clarification on the status of qualified accountants (ACCA) moving to the UK for studies. Is it that there are no jobs for accountants or British people are not just willing to employ foreigners because I do see loads of accounting vacancies on different jobs boards ad well as those posted to members portal by ACCA.
I am just wondering how it can be so difficult to get lucky with one of those opportunities that one is clearly qualified to take.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ralphtamtobi: 8:07am On Sep 18, 2020
Was your own Standard or priority?
Congratuations though.

magnificientzaz:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 18, 2020
noblealuu:

Bia utaraji, ibu onye Ehugbo? grin

Abu m onye Igbo. Hahha
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by magnificientzaz(f): 8:26am On Sep 18, 2020
ralphtamtobi:
Was your own Standard or priority?
Congratuations though.

Standard
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ade0853: 8:26am On Sep 18, 2020
popplm:
Hello my good people, please how can I find my way to TLS office at ikeja. Coming from Ibadan in a public Bus.

Alight at Ojota (total fueling station) or if your vehicle is going to oshodi come down at Chinese village walk down to Ojota from there take a bus going to Mary Land when u get to Mobil fueling station u will buses going to Ikeja tell the conductor you are stopping at ABULE BUS STOP...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Celomomo: 8:27am On Sep 18, 2020
From Berger, enter Ikeja bus. It most likely would stop at Awolowo. Trek to the bridge side, you will see buses going to Surulere/Yaba, enter and tell the conductor you will drop at Goodies supermarket. Etibettes place is right beside it.

Anyone with a clearer description should please help.

popplm:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 18, 2020
jadepinkett:

Utaraji shocked shocked : grin grin cheesy cheesy
I read this moniker with too much laughter grin grin

I am glad you could laugh over it.

We all need laughter every now and then. grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 18, 2020
Anitaamich:
So I did priority on September 11, nothing till now. I have tracked and it’s still showing application received at dmc, since Monday oo. What could be wrong? Is there a way to call TLS?

I pray you receive positive feedback soon.

If I may ask did you pay for the priority at the day you went there or before hand?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by popplm(m): 8:32am On Sep 18, 2020
Celomomo:
From Berger, enter Ikeja bus. It most likely would stop at Awolowo. Trek to the bridge side, you will see buses going to Surulere/Yaba, enter and tell the conductor you will drop at Goodies supermarket. Etibettes place is right beside it.

Anyone with a clearer description should please help.

Thanks boss...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by popplm(m): 8:34am On Sep 18, 2020
Ade0853:

Alight at Ojota (total fueling station) or if your vehicle is going to oshodi come down at Chinese village walk down to Ojota from there take a bus going to Mary Land when u get to Mobil fueling station u will buses going to Ikeja tell the conductor you are stopping at ABULE BUS STOP...
Much appreciated

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 8:37am On Sep 18, 2020
utaraji:

I pray you receive positive feedback soon.

If I may ask did you pay for the priority at the day you went there or before hand?
Yes, I paid the day I went there but won’t advise it... those guys charge high
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by arhyur(f): 8:38am On Sep 18, 2020
Please how sure are you of this?

KellyEyimofe:
If you are flying Turkish Airline to UK please have your Covid test result handy, first prerequisite when you approach check in desk.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ajags80: 8:47am On Sep 18, 2020
Good Morning.

Pray tell, If you had your interview between August 24th and Sept 1st (Especially at the VI office) and you got the "Complex" mail leading to a Second Interview; Have you been granted VISA? Kindly Inform. I am trying to stay positive but let me even track. My first Interview was on the 26th of August and my Second Interview was on 16/9/2020.

Sending the best your way!.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mdeeokoye: 8:56am On Sep 18, 2020
I am guessing those of us that our interview and biometrics was on the 3rd of Sept should just be hopeful for next week��

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Qlock(m): 8:57am On Sep 18, 2020
Lesley90:
I think something is wrong somewhere for Coventry... I have not seen anybody they issue CAS for, the first bank statement I gave them expired, they message me to present another one , do we even have anybody that has gotten CAS in Coventry ? They’re opinion that we should do our enrollment online , Note to all applicant , if you do online enrollment you will not be able to claim your fund again, have been seeing there series of email to sign up for enrollment but I have let them know that without CAS no enrollment so we could ask for refund , hoping they will get back , do we have anybody that has collected CAS in Coventry ? Pls help

I resumed in May PhD and got mine yesterday. This was after several push from me, then my supervisor, which did not result in anything positive. Other May PhD from my understanding are in this situation. My supervisor had to escalate the issue with my research center management who contacted the admission office on Monday. From Tuesday they've been sending messages to me and follow-up like I owe them money until I got it yesterday. From my supervisor, he said they are currently understaffed at the admission office, coupled with working from home, the reason for their slow response. I reckoned they have been giving CAS to MSc September intake before now.

On your case, I'm sure you'll get it, but you have to decide if you are ready to take the first semester online in the worst case, because you'll have to enroll whether you like it or not, before the deadline or extended deadline if they give one.

I don't know of anyone personally that has been issued CAS, but a friend of mine there said he does.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 18, 2020
Anitaamich:

Yes, I paid the day I went there but won’t advise it... those guys charge high

I heard it is 220 pounds. Please at what rate did you pay?

I guess you submitted in Lagos?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akomosule: 9:01am On Sep 18, 2020
mimilyrics:
For any job/vacancy that you apply for, your ability to confidently sell yourself, your skills and your value goes a long way. As it is in any field, your first application/ interview will not necessarily land you the role. Persistence and being able to meet the person specification / job requirements is also key.

Good morning
Please i will like to know if it's the exchange rate for the day that I submitted my application online that will be used to calculate the money in my account or the exchange rate for the day I'm going to do biometrics?

Please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Springsuk: 9:10am On Sep 18, 2020
Good morning folks,

Please has anyone attempted checking if passport is out in vi?

I mean those of us from 25th to 28th August applicant.

The anxiety is so much

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Southhost: 9:12am On Sep 18, 2020
Springsuk:
Good morning folks,

Please has anyone attempted checking if passport is out in vi?

I mean those of us from 25th to 28th August applicant.

The anxiety is so much

I think someone posted here that he went to pick up his passport and there were lots of passports there so they advised to go to TLS whether you received email or not especially those that submitted the last week of August
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chi360(f): 9:17am On Sep 18, 2020
Southhost:

I think someone posted here that he went to pick up his passport and there were lots of passports there so they advised to go to TLS whether you received email or not especially those that submitted the last week of August

Those of us that now paid for courier go hear am be that

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 18, 2020
Please if your biometrics/interview was done in Abuja on the 28th of August please share your testimony if you have gotten a mail from them. Since our 15 working days expires today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.