Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1086413 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by OralStone: 8:05pm On Sep 22, 2020
inphoenix:

Did you get a "not straight forward" email?

TKS VI is extremely slow with applications.
I did on 28th August and still there's no response.
It's really frustrating.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dfazz: 8:06pm On Sep 22, 2020
Hello Mimi I am the principal applicant my visa has been granted, is it okay I put in my dependent application to secure an early date for biometric while we wait for her 28days count for statement of account,
hope this will not raise the ECO eyebrows.
mimilyrics:
Oct 7. The funds must have spent at least 28 days in your account before you submit your application and your bank statement must capture these days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cigbojugha: 8:07pm On Sep 22, 2020
Please I need help in paying for the priority service. There is no option for paga verve and my zenith naira debit card is not successful.

Those who have used this service pls come to my aid. How did you pay for this service. This payment is need to successfully pick appointment date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 8:08pm On Sep 22, 2020
I can't post. I think the spam abi what restricted me please help rectify.

Thanks
justwise:

They don’t
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Southhost: 8:13pm On Sep 22, 2020
justwise:

They don’t

Oga sorry no vex

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 8:13pm On Sep 22, 2020
Hello you said you got the [b]not straightforward mail [/b]since Friday. Any update yet? Have they scheduled you for a second phone interview?

September 1st to September 4th applicants here seems not to have any updates yet here

Damiturner:
Heloo people,I got the not straightforward mail on Friday,up till now no call...what does this translates..

Sept 1 interview and biometrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:13pm On Sep 22, 2020
iphie1984:

Am happy for you, the lord has granted your prayers. Its sickens when people portray to be advising on the course to choose or not to choose as if mgt courses are for dumb dumb. If someone want fly to UK for igbo or hausa language let them be. Is not you money oooo.
Many of urs forming science students etc end up not graduating , some no funds to further while others never even plan to study in d 1st place.
We are intelligent, hardworking, that's our course of choice, that's the field we hv experience n qualification.
We hv bn in d sector for yrs we can not come and change it because we wan go obodo oyibo.
Since d course is waste of time, money bla bla. Baba God bless me , grant my Visa request I wan go UK go waste time for one school and 2 yrs working permit with BARCLAYS Bank. Hahahahaha
No be who 1st die dey make heaven.
There is always light at the end of the tunnel.
That's my one cent advise.
Love n Light.

Advise if good ..... in some cases you learn from others so you dont make costly mistake

Initally it might not be what you want to hear so it can be hard processing but I guess everyone different. Personally I love feedback from people who be there and done that. I might filter and do my own research since what didnt work for A might work for B

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by abike12(f): 9:02pm On Sep 22, 2020
Gbp2020:
Visa approved!!

Biometric and interview 27th August
Decision mail 18th September
Received a call from DHL 21st September that I have a package..
Special thanks to everyone on this platform, I remembered when I came on here asking questions on how to get UK admission with third class. Even some people were arguing on here that management courses are just wasting of time, cheap/cockroach degree, one year holiday in the UK.all I have to say is thank you for the advice..
I really appreciate your effort @Lagosismyhome @hosey @skymoore and the olori ebi @justwise I pray may the almighty God answer your silent prayers
Thank you so much

Congratulations!!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ayokunnumi1(m): 9:02pm On Sep 22, 2020
Congratulations
Which visa application centre? Is it priority or standard application?

asatin007:
I got my Visa today. Thank you everyone for the bit(s) you contributed. See you all in UK

Meanwhile I’ve updated my playlist. Now listening to “Japa - Naira Marley”

Biometrics: 9th September
Decision mail: 18th September
Collection Mail: 22nd September

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 22, 2020
Anitaamich:

Just calm down, you should get collection mail by tomorrow. You’re even very lucky, I did priority on 11th, nothing till now

Will they refund you then?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by inphoenix: 9:08pm On Sep 22, 2020
OralStone:

TKS VI is extremely slow with applications.
I did on 28th August and still there's no response.
It's really frustrating.

Don't be frustrated please, if UKVI sent a not straight forward mail, it means it'll take a few days longer than the 15 day target. Stay positive and take the time to start packing your dried fish, spices and co grin All will be well!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:12pm On Sep 22, 2020
PLEASE DON'T SUBMIT YOUR DEPENDANT'S APPLICATION BEFORE THE COMPLETION OF THE 28-DAY COUNT. COMPLETE THE 28-DAY COUNT BEFORE SUBMISSION / PAYMENT
The date of submission /payment is the date of application used by UKVI and the funds must have spent 28 days in the account before the date of application. Doing otherwise will result in a refusal since the funds won't meet the financial requirements.

The bolded part is me literally screaming to get your attention.
Dfazz:
Hello Mimi I am the principal applicant my visa has been granted, is it okay I put in my dependent application to secure an early date for biometric while we wait for her 28days count for statement of account,
hope this will not raise the ECO eyebrows.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:19pm On Sep 22, 2020
naledis:

This is not entirely true. Most of the times I have purchased my travel tickets it has been through licensed agents like Wakanow (this is not a sponsored ad)

I purchased my BA ticket for N214,000 which was a student fare I accessed through same agency mentioned above.

Should people be careful when using their services? Yes.

However your statement above is not entirely true sir

I think some Nigerians find it difficult to do away with the old age mentality that agents know a lot about visa/ticketing than ordinary Nigerians.

Agent's commission alone drives the price of the ticket far above that of the airline
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:22pm On Sep 22, 2020
Cyberknight:

We would have to define "ticket price" first for the purposes of this discussion.
The ticket price you can get on an airline's website and the price they give you if you buy in person at their offices can and usually vary.
However, travel agents can get you prices lower than either of those two.
In my experience, its usually easier to get such lower fares if using airlines like Emirates, Turkish Airlines, Qatar Airways, etc. I find the European airlines less friendly to giving such discounts, so I usually buy tickets directly from their websites as I prefer flying direct to Europe and transiting there instead of doing Emirates long waka.

I'm not sure i get what you are trying to say there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:23pm On Sep 22, 2020
Donracy:
I can't post. I think the spam abi what restricted me please help rectify.

Thanks

How were you able to post if you are banned?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:27pm On Sep 22, 2020
@All

I don't know how many times i have to repeat this but can people stop advertising for whatsapp group?

This is really selfish, the whole idea of this forum is to share info here to help everybody but still some people will benefit from info here then start advertising for whatsapp group.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by slimdolyin(m): 9:31pm On Sep 22, 2020
mamacajah:

this is good start..now you need to decide what is important to you and what helps with getting work afterwards
unfortunately I am not in the field, so I can't help more
What I wanted to add was..check each school's discount policy to find the one that meets your budget
I know Stirling gives 4k to Nigerians and Bournemouth also gives some scholarship..
hope this helps
yes stirling give 4k discount and bournemouth give 1500k discount.........i think i prefer those 2 schools but want to know if those school have good academic standing in the Uk and will i be able to get job as a student while studying
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by creabyn(m): 9:35pm On Sep 22, 2020
Who is planning to travel to Sheffield Hallam Uni next week? Need someone to share accommodation with.

House, please advice the best affordable flight to manchester. Wakanow said the student fare for BA is only to London.

Please help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pittoilet(f): 9:38pm On Sep 22, 2020
Turkish airline, Ethiopian airline, Egypt Air or BA?

According to wakanow, available flight dates for BA are from 3rd October.

Which do you recommend out of the other two?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 9:38pm On Sep 22, 2020
I tried posting I kept getting error 404 messages and co even when I wanted to reply others.

I was surprised yours went. Though later on I was able to.

Thanks

justwise:

How were you able to post if you are banned?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:47pm On Sep 22, 2020
Donracy:
I tried posting I kept getting error 404 messages and co even when I wanted to reply others.

I was surprised yours went. Though later on I was able to.

Thanks

I have the same problem, since today i have not being able to post freely, though the website is getting better now.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 10:02pm On Sep 22, 2020
utaraji:

Will they refund you then?
Lmao... Never!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phenmeson(m): 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2020
RonaldJAY:

Thanks a lot .one more question,can i carry my bank naira card,does it work in UK if i want to make any transaction?

I will advise you to set up your Nigeria mobile banking. You can also try to get at least 2 of your 9ja ATM cards(new) which validity is over 2yrs. If you need any help with your Nigeria account in UK, you will need to change it to a domiciliary account and Nigerian banks will bill you alot for any cards, sent to UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jadepinkett(f): 10:07pm On Sep 22, 2020
mimilyrics:
Monzo: https://monzo.com/i/current-account
Starling: https://www.starlingbank.com/
You open your account from your phone and have your debit card delivered to your address. You can use your BRP, passport or DL when opening. Payment into the account will be via bank transfers or the post office since they don't have brick and mortar outlets. Debit cards arrive in 2-5 working days.

Please what is DL?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Santa2: 10:13pm On Sep 22, 2020
Great job!

Personally I feel you would be best served by developing your technical skills before Jan (if you dont have that already), you can develop these skill by taking courses online from udemy, Coursera,edux YouTube etc. Create a profile on GitHub and take on projects. Practise! Practise!! Practise!!!. You will be better served with your ability to solve problems, solutions you can create than the degree you will earn. Combine these two and you should be able to stand out better.

Also learn python..it will help

slimdolyin:
TEESSIDE UNIVERSITY
M.SC IN DATA SCIENCE OR FIN TECH (13,000)

SALFORD UNIVERSITY
M.SC DATA SCIENCE (14,670)

UNIVERSITY OF WESTMINSTER
M.SC FINTEC WITH BUSINESS ANALYTICS (15,000)

UNIVERSITY OF PLYMOUTH
M.SC DATA SCIENCE & BUSINESS ANALYTICS (14,800)

UNIVERSITY OF STRILING
M.SC DATA SCIENCE FOR BUSINESS, M.SC BUSINESS ANALYTICS, M.SC BIG DATA (16,950)

UNIVERSITY OF DERBY
M.SC BIG DATA ANALYTICS (14,700)

UNIVERSITY OF GREENWICH
M.SC BIG DATA & BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (14,000)

GLASGROW CALEDONIAN UNIVERSITY
M.SC BIG DATATECHNOLOGIES (13,500)

BOURNEMOUTH UNIVERSITY
M.SC DATA SCIENCE & ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (14,500)

UNIVERSITY OF EAST LONDON
M.SC DATA SCIENCE (13,620)

SHAFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERRSITY
M.SC BIG DATA ANALYTICS (13,905)

UNIVERSITY OF SUNDERLAND
M.SC DATA SCIENCE ( 14,000)

UNIVERSITY OF PORTMOUTH
M.SC DATA ANALYTICS (16,400)
M.SC ACCOUNTING & DATA ANALYTICS (15,100)

Out of all this schools only STIRLING AND BOURNEMOUTH UNIVERSITY display their accreditation either by datalab and SAS.......i dont mind if anyone as applied to any of this schools for this particular course.........abeg na LAPO money i wan collect go do Masters oooo make the money go no waste help me stream line it i use God beg una
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mrpudikin: 10:14pm On Sep 22, 2020
justwise:

I think some Nigerians find it difficult to do away with the old age mentality that agents know a lot about visa/ticketing than ordinary Nigerians.

Agent's commission alone drives the price of the ticket far above that of the airline

No sir this is not entirely true.
Agencies(especially licensed agents) usually are given tickets directly by the airline at a lower price the customer would get himself and in order to gain customers the agents may sell sometimes at lower price than the airline itself. For example those that got BA tickets here at a low price than usual.
And yes its true most of what we leave to agents we can do ourselves. But not everyone believes that and thats how it is.

Hope you get what im tryin to say please

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phenmeson(m): 10:14pm On Sep 22, 2020
jadepinkett:

Please what is DL?

Driving licence

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Laura123: 10:14pm On Sep 22, 2020
mimilyrics:
Monzo: https://monzo.com/i/current-account
Starling: https://www.starlingbank.com/
You open your account from your phone and have your debit card delivered to your address. You can use your BRP, passport or DL when opening. Payment into the account will be via bank transfers or the post office since they don't have brick and mortar outlets. Debit cards arrive in 2-5 working days.

Thanks a million mimilyrics, but will this allow me use money from my naira account in the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by yusufDeveloper: 10:16pm On Sep 22, 2020
Sure
rs172:

Hey bro... Mind if I dm
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 10:21pm On Sep 22, 2020
yusufDeveloper:
Sure

Sent already
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Benediktejike: 10:27pm On Sep 22, 2020
Cigbojugha:
Please I need help in paying for the priority service. There is no option for paga verve and my zenith naira debit card is not successful.

Those who have used this service pls come to my aid. How did you pay for this service. This payment is need to successfully pick appointment date.

Use wema atm card
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cigbojugha: 10:40pm On Sep 22, 2020
toyclicks:
Forget Emirates for now. They've been banned by FG
...and yes, You need a C-19 test
Charge was #253k

OK. Thanks for the response

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.