Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1085926 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 8:10pm On Sep 27, 2020
$220 for an extra piece of luggage

Bashybabe2020:
Hello house are we allowed to visit Nigeria or anywhere when we are on breaks and how much is extra luggage allowance for Turkish airline ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nattiejt: 8:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
Good evening my people!

Pls I want to confirm, BA said I am entitled to 23kg × 2 luggages.... does that mean that each luggage will be 23kg each or does it mean both luggages must not exceed 23kg?

For PTA... if i am to change naira to pounds, what is the maximum amount in pounds I am to carry?

Help a sis @mimilyrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Odedenshi1(m): 8:39pm On Sep 27, 2020
Nattiejt:
Good evening my people!

Pls I want to confirm, BA said I am entitled to 23kg × 2 luggages.... does that mean that each luggage will be 23kg each or does it mean both luggages must not exceed 23kg?

For PTA... if i am to change naira to pounds, what is the maximum amount in pounds I am to carry?

Help a sis @mimilyrics

Each luggage should be 23kg.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 9:10pm On Sep 27, 2020
Quick one Turkish and British airline are not requesting for the covid test right?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
firstLadyy:
How about Colchester Essex? How do I get there from Heathrow airport?

Try National express too, i doubt if there is any city in the UK they don't travel to. You can also use train if you have the money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Franklyn4: 9:47pm On Sep 27, 2020
[quote author=Damiturner post=94316245][/quote]

Same here 01 September, Abuja TLC. Up till now, no communication, still at DMC --- LOOKS like it happened to many people that did on 01-sept
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by firstLadyy: 10:00pm On Sep 27, 2020
Okay thank you..
justwise:

Try National express too, i doubt if there is any city in the UK they don't travel to. You can also use train if you have the money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mrpudikin: 10:52pm On Sep 27, 2020
Elizabeth28:

Yes, 48 days before submission.

Biometrics has been done as well

Have you found a solution now

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by chiwelaw: 11:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
Please am trying to book a flight for a family and the airline is billing a child of 2years and 2months to pay same fare as adults. What do you think, any guide for me or there is no way I can make them to adjust?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bashybabe2020: 11:54pm On Sep 27, 2020
Oloshi83:
$220 for an extra piece of luggage

Tears inna me eyes! Omo Na Wetin follow me I go carry o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bashybabe2020: 11:55pm On Sep 27, 2020
justwise:

Please how do I get to stirling from London
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:59pm On Sep 27, 2020
chiwelaw:
Please am trying to book a flight for a family and the airline is billing a child of 2years and 2months to pay same fare as adults. What do you think, any guide for me or there is no way I can make them to adjust?

Maybe you try other airline or agency ...Children 2-11 years typically pay a discounted from the full adult fare.

And so do children under 2 years have their own special discount
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by popplm(m): 12:00am On Sep 28, 2020
Rheminix:
Quick one Turkish and British airline are not requesting for the covid test right?
pls someone with experience should answer this...i need to know too. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:11am On Sep 28, 2020
Bashybabe2020:

This quite a far journey... cant you find a flight into a Scottish airport. Those day Klm or Air France fly from Lagos to Edinburgh or Glasgow.

If you have no other options than Heathrow then just be prepared that it's a long journey ... you can take the national express to Edinburgh and then a local bus to stirling

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bashybabe2020: 12:26am On Sep 28, 2020
LagosismyHome:

This quite a far journey... cant you find a flight into a Scottish airport. Those day Klm or Air France fly from Lagos to Edinburgh or Glasgow.

If you have no other options than Heathrow then just be prepared that it's a long journey ... you can take the national express to Edinburgh and then a local bus to stirling

Can I send you an email ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:29am On Sep 28, 2020
Bashybabe2020:

Can I send you an email ?

Ok..but it might be best to ask your question here. I normally dont check pm

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 1:32am On Sep 28, 2020
With BA, you are entitled to 2 x 23kg for your check in bags and also 23kg for your hand luggage but the hand luggage can’t be big in size. They have specific requirements for the width and length of the box.
Although not all passengers had their hand luggage fit into that requirements when I traveled but if you are constrained with space, put more weighty stuffs into your hand luggage and you can also tell them to add your hand luggage to your checked in bags for you just before boarding
Nattiejt:
Good evening my people!

Help a sis @mimilyrics

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 5:22am On Sep 28, 2020
Bashybabe2020:

Do a flight to Edinburgh or Glasgow and take an airport taxi or bus from there to Stirling. It's about 1.5hrs by road from either city to Stirling.

Or if you are going from london, I learnt there's a fast train from London to Edinburgh that's 4hours...so you can book that and then travel to Stirling...

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by xander21: 5:57am On Sep 28, 2020
Does anyone know if Medical Health Assessment Centres will be affected by the NLC strike?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ELff: 6:10am On Sep 28, 2020
xander21:
Does anyone know if Medical Health Assessment Centres will be affected by the NLC strike?

Strike had been cancelled.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Brightingsus: 6:51am On Sep 28, 2020
xander21:

I just stumbled on this

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bashybabe2020: 6:56am On Sep 28, 2020
mamacajah:

Do a flight to Edinburgh or Glasgow and take an airport taxi or bus from there to Stirling. It's about 1.5hrs by road from either city to Stirling.

Or if you are going from london, I learnt there's a fast train from London to Edinburgh that's 4hours...so you can book that and then travel to Stirling...

Thanks sis

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by gracedforever: 7:03am On Sep 28, 2020
I just saw a document showing that everyone traveling out of Nigeria is required to do a covid test. Anyone knows how true this is?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Timexy1: 7:29am On Sep 28, 2020
Not true.
British Airways outbound travellers from Nigeria to UK do not require COVD-19 test.
For those travelling out of Nigeria, the COVID- 19 test requirement is dependent on the airline and destination country.

gracedforever:
I just saw a document showing that everyone traveling out of Nigeria is required to do a covid test. Anyone knows how true this is?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by RuthyBam(f): 7:50am On Sep 28, 2020
Franklyn4:

Same here 01 September, Abuja TLC. Up till now, no communication, still at DMC --- LOOKS like it happened to many people that did on 01-sept

All the 1st September Abuja, this is our week of testimony.
God will answer our prayers and we'll all get our visas this week.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by gracedforever: 8:01am On Sep 28, 2020
Timexy1:
Not true.
British Airways outbound travellers from Nigeria to UK do not require COVD-19 test.
For those travelling out of Nigeria, the COVID- 19 test requirement is dependent on the airline and destination country.

I'm just confused. Is it the airline that demands for it or the airport authorities? Cos I just saw a document by FAAN saying that passengers traveling out of the country are advised to do a covid test. I'm trying to attach the document here but it's not working
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:06am On Sep 28, 2020
It's dependent on the destination country and is not required for the UK so airlines flying directly to the UK don't ask for it but you must fill the passenger locator form 48 hours before you arrive.
Some airlines will ask depending on if you've got a long layover in a country that requires it.
gracedforever:

I'm just confused. Is it the airline that demands for it or the airport authorities? Cos I just saw a document by FAAN saying that passengers traveling out of the country are advised to do a covid test. I'm trying to attach the document here but it's not working
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Damiturner: 8:08am On Sep 28, 2020
Franklyn4:

Na wa oo..it is well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:09am On Sep 28, 2020
Her experience was normal, no Covid-19 test result required but use of face mask compulsory.
Gbeskey:
Thank you very much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Damiturner: 8:10am On Sep 28, 2020
RuthyBam:

Amen

All the 1st September Abuja, this is our week of testimony.
God will answer our prayers and we'll all get our visas this week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Jaylap: 8:11am On Sep 28, 2020
All August 26th with second phone interview. I pray we get our visa this week o..

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Miide2: 8:13am On Sep 28, 2020
seunidris:
Visa arrived biometric date 24th September walk in September 17th, non straightforward mail 21th . Passport ready 24th . Pick up today 25th. Tls VI. . Thank you all. ... for those waiting , your miracle is near. I rep Edinburgh Napier Scotland

please did you do interview ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.