Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1086536 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by peptual(f): 6:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
Tohlah1:
Anyone here who got a decision mail yesterday and has gotten a collection mail today?

Got decision mail yesterday, no collection mail yet but it shows transferred to VAC today .. biometrics was 18th Sept ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by just4obitex(m): 6:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
Hello @mimilyrics @justwise @ other gurus in the house please my friend is having a situation in the UK.
He studied chemistry here in Nigeria and applied for a course thats more of mechanical engineering. An agent helped him get a course. and he's travelled and discovered that they re three in the dept. He's noticed that the guys are all grounded in mechanical engineering and that even the assignments are not child's play, so he's asking if there's a way he can change his course now that he's already in the UK. Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nadheer15: 6:46pm On Oct 08, 2020
peptual:

Got decision mail yesterday, no collection mail yet but it shows transferred to VAC today .. biometrics was 18th Sept ikeja
Why didn't go and check?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by peptual(f): 6:54pm On Oct 08, 2020
Nadheer15:
Why didn't go and check?

Was busy today , will be there tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by angelss813(f): 7:00pm On Oct 08, 2020
[quote author=toyclicks post=94736330]Welcome to the geng

No cause for alarm
Mine was in 4 days....same Pretoria

Congratulation, God has done it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by angelss813(f): 7:05pm On Oct 08, 2020
[quote author=Joshua62 post=94732283]Good afternoon,

I submitted at the Ikeja TLS branch on the 25th of September and I was sent the mail below just now...no calls, no interview..
E be like say this decision is too fast...my thoughts...

My application is a full funded PhD scholarship with monthly stipend...I just hope all is well o

Please be advised that a decision was made on your visa application today. Your documents and visa decision will now be returned by commercial courier to the visa application centre where you applied (unless you paid for the courier fee in which case it will be returned directly to you). This can take a few days and be subject to unforeseen delays so please wait for the visa application centre to advise you when your documents and decision are ready for collection.

Please what's the name of the University?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ibromoney: 7:44pm On Oct 08, 2020
Thanks to @justwise, @mimilyrics and others

Family biometrics on September 18, 2020. Standard. No interview. Decision email on October 6 and collection email on October 8. Had USA conference Visa (B1/B2 )refusal while I was a student in the UK. Had previous visas( Schenger Visiting Visa and Germany Student Visa).

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 7:45pm On Oct 08, 2020
mamacajah:
It has finally landed this afternoon, I just collected my visa and my hubby's.

Yeah. Perfected at last.

All the best in your acada. smiley

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ibromoney: 7:55pm On Oct 08, 2020
Does anyone know if Kenya Airways offers free hotel for long layover like that of Egyptair in Cairo? Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by BoleAndFish: 8:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
Zoey1:
Depends on your mindset.
Every interview that I have ever had with UK from School to High Commission....I made it a chat and we both had fun all through.
Nobody can stress me.
Lool that's nice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 8:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
VISA VISA ALERT

I finally picked up my passport with the visa in it after 36 calendar days and 26 working days..

God came through when it seems everything won't work out.

I started from the Part 3 of this thread and I said I must testify before the end of Part 4 with faith and God did it.

He makes everything beautiful in its TIME.

Thanks to those who selflessly brought out their time to share knowledge, Jah bless..

Keep trusting.

For those still waiting, may God come through for each and every one of you.

Amen.

12 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by firstLadyy: 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2020
Pls who knows if our IHS fees covers maternity and delivery as a student in the uk? @justwise mimilyrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bourne007(m): 8:13pm On Oct 08, 2020
Yes it does

firstLadyy:
Pls who knows if our IHS fees covers maternity and delivery as a student in the uk? @justwise mimilyrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bourne007(m): 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2020
UKVI self dey hustle na grin... All na make kishi enter account wink

noblealuu:

This is a good development. That part time deal will make alot of sense.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Doyinh: 8:35pm On Oct 08, 2020
I really wanna thank you guys on this platform. I learnt a lot here. I got my visa this afternoon via DHL. A lot of testimonies in this thread. I'm sure this is the thread with the highest testimonies ever. And I'm sure we still have many more to come. Kudos to you all

13 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by firstLadyy: 8:42pm On Oct 08, 2020
Someone told me she was billed 5k pounds doh she delivered with cs even as a student
Bourne007:
Yes it does

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ibromoney: 8:45pm On Oct 08, 2020
It covers it.
firstLadyy:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kenaya17: 8:47pm On Oct 08, 2020
I got my Visa.

first and foremost I read someone say he had a defaced passport and was sent back. I have a defaced passport as well...but I bless God it scaled thru.

then most importantly, I am the woman that

mentioned I didn't include my children's names in my application. but to the glory of God... I was called for a second interview and while it was going on, she asked do you have children I said yes...and I told her I didn't mention them in my application because I thot since they were not financially dependent on me...and then she said okay since you have mentioned it...when you want them to come over just make an explanation..you will be fine.

glory to God. He's Faithful.

thanks everyone...for all those waiting, God will do it.

22 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by noblealuu: 9:01pm On Oct 08, 2020
Bourne007:
UKVI self dey hustle na grin... All na make kishi enter account wink

So in simple terms, Master and PhD levels Int'l students can school part time and work full time?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2020
firstLadyy:
Someone told me she was billed 5k pounds doh she delivered with cs even as a student

Then that was billed in error .... maternity should be free for students
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Iamslickp: 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
How many hours is your layover
Ibromoney:
Does anyone know if Kenya Airways offers free hotel for long layover like that of Egyptair in Cairo? Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 9:24pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ibromoney:
Thanks to @justwise, @mimilyrics and others

Family biometrics on September 18, 2020. Standard. No interview. Decision email on October 6 and collection email on October 8. Had USA conference Visa (B1/B2 )refusal while I was a student in the UK. Had previous visas( Schenger Visiting Visa and Germany Student Visa).

congrats bro..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2020
@Thankss, @Tohlah1, @Santa2, @Zoey1,@Toyclicks,@PtBlank,@SegunWamiri..
thanks so much!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Preshnificient: 9:42pm On Oct 08, 2020
Good evening house.

Please this is a bit urgent. Has anyone done the yellow card at the MM2 office recently? My airline said it's compulsory and I have only tomorrow to obtain the card.

I just want information on anything that can make it faster. Do I need to get there very early? Are they other places I can do it? Someone please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bourne007(m): 9:48pm On Oct 08, 2020
News to me

IHS access includes visit to a doctor’s surgery, healthcare centre or hospital

firstLadyy:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bourne007(m): 9:58pm On Oct 08, 2020
Can't say until the full guidance is available (I've not seen or read it yet if available)

noblealuu:

So in simple terms, Master and PhD levels Int'l students can school part time and work full time?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ladydelish(f): 9:59pm On Oct 08, 2020
Please has any one collected their dependents passport on their behalf?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 08, 2020
Preshnificient:
Good evening house.

Please this is a bit urgent. Has anyone done the yellow card at the MM2 office recently? My airline said it's compulsory and I have only tomorrow to obtain the card.

I just want information on anything that can make it faster. Do I need to get there very early? Are they other places I can do it? Someone please help

Please which airline is that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zeecos(f): 10:31pm On Oct 08, 2020
noblealuu:

Part-time students are not allowed to work

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheOnly123: 10:44pm On Oct 08, 2020
Yes, on the day of your biometric they would have given you a form to fill if you told them you would be collecting for a dependent but if not you can call TLS to know what other option you have.

ladydelish:
Please has any one collected their dependents passport on their behalf?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Grace321: 10:46pm On Oct 08, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.