Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,354 members, 7,780,951 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:14 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (524) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1075171 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Deku04: 12:41pm On Oct 14, 2020
Hello good afternoon CaptainNipples, I intend applying for the same course, please how long does the admission decision take
CaptainNipples:

Teesside (Microbiology)�
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 12:47pm On Oct 14, 2020
Nadheer15:
Heyo people,

I tried using TransferWise for my pound domiciliary account, I wanted to do a transfer but then it mentioned something about getting my money by November 13th. Does this mean the money wont arrive until November 13th?

It means that they are giving you an exchange rate guarantee that will expire by November 13.
It doesn't affect you unless you are making a transfer from another currency to GBP.
If you are transferring from your GBP domiciliary account to your GBP Transferwise account, you have no problem.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nadheer15: 12:52pm On Oct 14, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

It means that they are giving you an exchange rate guarantee that will expire by November 13.
It doesn't affect you unless you are making a transfer from another currency to GBP.
If you are transferring from your GBP domiciliary account to your GBP Transferwise account, you have no problem.
Thanks bro, what option should I go for?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by tossyvickykenny(f): 12:56pm On Oct 14, 2020
[quote author=tossyvickykenny post=94899027]

Please someone should answer this questions
Anyone who did priority in TLS Ikeja gotten any decision email yet or
Anyone who did priority in Ikeja in the past, how many working days did it take you got a decision email and also collection email.

Can someone plss help out with UKVI Pretoria Pretoria number to call concerning dependant number. Paid for priority for my dependant, the response I got not favourable. Dunno why priority will take time . Today makes it 5th working day, no decision email received today nothing. Someone please help with the number. Urgency thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 1:05pm On Oct 14, 2020
Nadheer15:
Thanks bro, what option should I go for?

The last one, if you're using a Nigerian domiciliary account.
Some banks allow you to transfer from any currency to another, e.g. Standard Chartered allows you to make a transfer from a dollar account to a sterling account, etc., while other banks insist transfers to one currency must be made from the same currency-denominated account.

If you have a card tied to any Nigerian domiciliary account that is not denominated in pounds e.g. a GTB dollar debit card), you can use it under the "Pay with debit card" option, but the charges are going to be horrible.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by tossyvickykenny(f): 1:07pm On Oct 14, 2020
Anyone who did priority in Ikeja in the past, how many working days did it take you got a decision email and also collection email.

Can someone plss help out with UKVI Pretoria Pretoria number to call concerning dependant number. Paid for priority for my dependant, the response I got not favourable. Dunno why priority will take time . Today makes it 5th working day, no decision email received today nothing. Someone please help with the number. Urgent
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by umaga1991(m): 1:26pm On Oct 14, 2020
Please, does anyone know anybody that has used a micro finance bank for account statement?? Or has any idea if it is possible to use one.. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by just4obitex(m): 1:26pm On Oct 14, 2020
Chinlov:
just saw decision mail bio was on 29th sept.

my whole body is shaking ................................
congratulations please abuja or lagos
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by RuthyBam(f): 1:36pm On Oct 14, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Yayyyy!!! congratulations dear

Thank you so much for your encouragement!
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by teamb: 1:36pm On Oct 14, 2020
tossyvickykenny:

Can someone plss help out with UKVI Pretoria Pretoria number to call concerning dependant number. Paid for priority for my dependant, the response I got not favourable. Dunno why priority will take time . Today makes it 5th working day, no decision email received today nothing. Someone please help with the number. Urgent
Thank you
All the best bro.
That's thr number
+44 20 3481 1736
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by just4obitex(m): 1:38pm On Oct 14, 2020
Since there s a reference number gi and get your visa my friend. Congratulations
Uttii:
Good morning folks,
This is the mail I got this morning, I am perplexed and don't know if it is positive or negative...
10/2020 

Dear  ************

REF:  GWF*********     

Please be advised that a decision was made on your visa application today. Your documents and visa decision will now be returned by commercial courier to the visa application centre where you applied (unless you paid for the courier fee in which case it will be returned directly to you). This can take a few days and be subject to unforeseen delays so please wait for the visa application centre to advise you when your documents and decision are ready for collection.

Regards,
UKVI Pretoria

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered.  

Follow us online: www.gov.uk/fcdo 

This email is intended for the addressee(s) only.  All messages sent and received by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office may be monitored in line with relevant UK legislation

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Simon0017(m): 1:57pm On Oct 14, 2020
Please can any one give me the logical steps to follow after being granted a visa, this is some one that wants to travel in four days time.
Pls treat as urgent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by hotboss: 1:58pm On Oct 14, 2020
Minah2020:
Anyone going to swansea university this January?
Please signify grin

Please, I am trying to apply.. tell me how you did your proof of English language.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by tossyvickykenny(f): 2:01pm On Oct 14, 2020
Thanks
That's the number I called the response I got for priority is not favorable. If I can get UKVI Pretoria number

quote author=teamb post=94933209]
All the best bro.
That's thr number
+44 20 3481 1736
[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by shinym(m): 2:12pm On Oct 14, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

You can apply with your passport as is, if successful you get a vignette valid for 3 months, then a residence permit in card form not tied to your passport's validity, but where possible see if you can renew it first. 6 months to expiration is the outer limit, but they make exemptions for special cases. Trust me when I say you do not want your passport to expire on you in the UK causing you to have to fellowship with those mad people at the Nigerian High Commission in London.

Thanks a lot for your help! I appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Hebraeem: 2:24pm On Oct 14, 2020
I'm not sure it affects your tier 4 as long as you declared all your travel history. But I would rather mimilyric TheGuyFromHr and other gurus weigh in on this in terms of future implication.

Emmysoph1:

I have been to the uk twice but forgot i made a trip out during my stay in the uk. And put entrance as once instead of twice, stating I stayed for 16 months. However, I travelled from the UK to USA within the 16months, spending 10 days in the US before returning back to the UK but 4got to include this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ogcgodwin: 2:27pm On Oct 14, 2020
[quote author=tossyvickykenny post=94932014][/quote]

Track it, they don’t send Mail to all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nadheer15: 2:33pm On Oct 14, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

Some banks allow you to transfer from any currency to another, e.g. Standard Chartered allows you to make a transfer from a dollar account to a sterling account, etc., while other banks insist transfers to one currency must be made from the same currency-denominated account.

If you have a card tied to any Nigerian domiciliary account that is not denominated in pounds e.g. a GTB dollar debit card), you can use it under the "Pay with debit card" option, but the charges are going to be horrible.
Thanks bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by tossyvickykenny(f): 2:33pm On Oct 14, 2020
I did tracked it few mins ago again
Still on the third roll. Application received at DMC. Biometrics done 7th of October by now is supposed to be out dunno why hers not out . Priority

Ogcgodwin:

Track it, they don’t send Mail to all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by techtechh: 2:45pm On Oct 14, 2020
How long is given to student at the completion of their study in uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Emmysoph1: 2:49pm On Oct 14, 2020
Hebraeem:
I'm not sure it affects your tier 4 as long as you declared all your travel history. But I would rather mimilyric TheGuyFromHr and other gurus weigh in on this in terms of future implication.

Thanks for the hope. Am a bit calm now and pray for the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chinlov: 2:52pm On Oct 14, 2020
No o, nornal delivery LOL

teamb:

Is it priority?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chinlov: 2:54pm On Oct 14, 2020
ABUJA and its normal delivery, not CS hahaha
just4obitex:
congratulations please abuja or lagos
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Megadixh: 3:03pm On Oct 14, 2020
Skyrocket1:
please i need urgent help on my inquiry. is there any uni that accepts HND for an Msc program in the UK?

Sheffield Hallam Uni
Edinburgh Napier Uni
And others.

You should have good years of working experience that relates to the course.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by just4obitex(m): 3:08pm On Oct 14, 2020
Chinlov:
ABUJA and its normal delivery, not CS hahaha
oh ok mine s 30th i hope I get my own mail tomorrow. Abuja too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 14, 2020
Megadixh:

Sheffield Hallam Uni
Edinburgh Napier Uni
And others.

You should have good years of working experience that relates to the course.

@Skyrocket1

In addition, try Roehampton University, University College Birmingham and University of Sunderland.

Note that this is applicable for both HND and Third class holders

You must have relevance work experience in your proposed course.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nadheer15: 3:15pm On Oct 14, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

Bro, sorry for disturbing, I just wanted to be sure before jumping in. Although, I have a pound domiciliary account, can the last option still fly since it has IBAN and SWIFT code. The first option only gave a sort code and I heard sort code is for use within UK and Ireland
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ogcgodwin: 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2020
just4obitex:
Since there s a reference number gi and get your visa my friend. Congratulations

A decision mail with a reference number does it mean it’s approved or what do you mean sir
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ibddon92: 4:34pm On Oct 14, 2020
You need to calm down. I paid for priority also, and my biometrics was on the 24th of september. I just got a decision mail this afternoon. [quote author=tossyvickykenny post=94932014][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by otunbamoteez: 4:47pm On Oct 14, 2020
You can use stanbic ibtc. it will take a week to process.
Megadixh:

I visited 3 banks today to raise Form A but they are all said it ll take about a month because CBN is experiencing forex shortage and 2 of the banks dont even have the form A undecided

I am currently looking for who can help make the payment via card options
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Emmysoph1: 4:51pm On Oct 14, 2020
Ogcgodwin:

A decision mail with a reference number does it mean it’s approved or what do you mean sir

Not @ all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by tossyvickykenny(f): 4:52pm On Oct 14, 2020
Thanks. But i guess in your own case, you got a non-complex mail if am right. But in my dependant case.

quote author=Ibddon92 post=94938335]You need to calm down. I paid for priority also, and my biometrics was on the 24th of september. I just got a decision mail this afternoon. [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.