Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (624) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1086299 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Graceisallineed: 4:32pm On Nov 25, 2020
jidesamuel:

VISA APPROVAL ALERT

Standard visa application

MSc Data Science (Salford University. Feb1, 2021 intake)
Application submitted - 11th of November

Biometric - 13th of November

Decision - 19th of November

Collection mail - 25th of November

Visa collected - 25th of November

USA visit visa refusal declared(2018)
UK visit visa refusal declared (2018)

Thanks to everyone who have contributed in a way to this group, most information have been quite helpful.

Wishing everyone here success in your quest.

Congrats. Is it VI or Ikeja?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bamangar: 4:35pm On Nov 25, 2020
jidesamuel:

VISA APPROVAL ALERT

Thanks to everyone who have contributed in a way to this group, most information have been quite helpful.

Congratulations Bro, Up Salford and up Data Science.

I am also coming to Salford in September 2021 for my MSc Data Science in Salford University. I have already started preparing. I hope you enjoy your stay in Salford.

Emmm let me ask, Please how much was the total scholarship/waiver given to you from the 14,607 pounds tuition fee
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jidesamuel(m): 4:51pm On Nov 25, 2020
£3,500

bamangar:

Congratulations Bro, Up Salford and up Data Science.

I am also coming to Salford in September 2021 for my MSc Data Science in Salford University. I have already started preparing. I hope you enjoy your stay in Salford.

Emmm let me ask, Please how much was the total scholarship/waiver given to you from the 14,607 pounds tuition fee
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jidesamuel(m): 4:52pm On Nov 25, 2020
Ikeja

Graceisallineed:

Congrats. Is it VI or Ikeja?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 25, 2020
myk1759:
Hello All,

Must the Professional reference letter for the MSc application be written on a letter headed paper?

Yes letter headed paper with signature and seal/stamp.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bamangar: 4:57pm On Nov 25, 2020
jidesamuel:
£3,500

Thanks, Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by myk1759: 5:02pm On Nov 25, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Yes letter headed paper with signature and seal/stamp.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by biggiyke(m): 5:06pm On Nov 25, 2020
Olinga:
Please can i use funds in Stanbic IBTC Money Market to show proof of funds?
yes u can. I did
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iphie1984: 5:11pm On Nov 25, 2020
Goodevening all, please how do I transfer cash from my naija bank to UK. Please I need cash her to pay bills.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by olalemii: 5:16pm On Nov 25, 2020
Hello ..

I need help on booking Lagos to Manchester

Who here can please help on how i can get the student discount,

Thanks guys
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sweetness24: 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2020
Hello everyone,pls i need your contribution and suggestions,i want to secure an apartment b4 i apply for my visa,(NB,i plan going with my family) i dnt want to giv the eco any room to think i am nt a geniune student(cos of the last refusal i had in sept) dts y i dnt wana go with airbnb,i have contacted some agents and did online viewing,so the one i wanna go for requested for a letter of sponsorship or a guarantor b4 i can mak payment or sign any agreemnt,i reached out to my school bt doesnt av any offer as it is nt a school accomodation,pls wat do u think i shd do.
@mimilyrics,@justwise,@lagosismyhome pls kindly help out
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:23pm On Nov 25, 2020
Sweetness24:
Hello everyone,pls i need your contribution and suggestions,i want to secure an apartment b4 i apply for my visa,(NB,i plan going with my family) i dnt want to giv the eco any room to think i am nt a geniune student(cos of the last refusal i had in sept) dts y i dnt wana go with airbnb,i have contacted some agents and did online viewing,so the one i wanna go for requested for a letter of sponsorship or a guarantor b4 i can mak payment or sign any agreemnt,i reached out to my school bt doesnt av any offer as it is nt a school accomodation,pls wat do u think i shd do.

There is no requirement in the rule that you have to secure an accommodation..... yours is tricky due to your past refusal. Securing accommodation wont really add any difference in my opinion as that wasnt the foundation of your refusal

If it was the reason for refusal then yes but if it wasn't then securing wont make any difference
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kingsilly(m): 5:31pm On Nov 25, 2020
Sweetness24:
What was the reason for the initial visa refusal ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by JDQueen: 5:40pm On Nov 25, 2020
olalemii:
Hello ..

I need help on booking Lagos to Manchester

Who here can please help on how i can get the student discount,

Thanks guys

When is your Travel date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sweetness24: 5:58pm On Nov 25, 2020
Yea it isnt really,just trying to play safe as the eco said in my last refusal dt i bookd a temporary accomodation in manchester while my school is sheffield,meanwhile i hav a sis in manchester,so he assumes i am nt a genuine dt i'm likely nt going to school,meanwhile i booked airbnb in manchester cos d closest airport is in man so tot to quarantine there b4 headin to sheffield
LagosismyHome:

There is no requirement in the rule that you have to secure an accommodation..... yours is tricky due to your past refusal. Securing accommodation wont really add any difference in my opinion as that wasnt the foundation of your refusal

If it was the reason for refusal then yes but if it wasn't then securing wont make any difference

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mcmatt(m): 6:01pm On Nov 25, 2020
Good evening people, please I am trying to book an appointment at IOM for medicals. Phone lines are always busy and no response to mails sent. Anyone with contact that I can reach out to please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:07pm On Nov 25, 2020
Sweetness24:
Yea it isnt really,just trying to play safe as the eco said in my last refusal dt i bookd a temporary accomodation in manchester while my school is sheffield,meanwhile i hav a sis in manchester,so he assumes i am nt a genuine dt i'm likely nt going to school,meanwhile i booked airbnb in manchester cos d closest airport is in man so tot to quarantine there b4 headin to sheffield

If it gives you peace of mind then hey go for it

If you dont have a guarantor ask your sibling in the UK. If she not willing then find an apartment where you can meet their requirements. You need to keep looking .

But read the fine print so if the visa is refused again you dont lose that and lose the money spent on accommodation as well . So see what the cancellation policy is
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sweetness24: 6:09pm On Nov 25, 2020
Three things were noted in d refusal letter,1 is dt i booked temporary acco.in machester a distanc away frm my school,2 is dt i dint specify i av a sis on my app evn though i told the interviewer on phone i had one,3 was dt i made a mistake in my sis detail dt i gav durin d phone call.(i gav her native name nt knowin its her english name dt is on her document.
kingsilly:

What was the reason for the initial visa refusal ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Olinga(f): 6:09pm On Nov 25, 2020
Olinga:
Good day everybody.

Please, my total payable tuition fee is £16,950. I got discount of £4,000 and I have paid £7,500 so far, leaving me with a balance of £5,450 payable, my school is located outside London £1023 x 9 = £9207.
A total of £14,657 is needed as POF for me. Using oanda’s exchange rate is will be needing NGN7,415,410

My dad is my sponsor and he has NGN6,954,930
I have about NGN3,000,000 in my personal account, which makes up the POF.
Now the issue is in my account I have withdrawn and deposited funds in it since the past 28days but it has never gone below NGN2,000,000. To be clearer in the last 28days I started with an opening balance of NGN7,000,000 but right now I have about NGN3,000,000.

Please will the inconsistencies in my account be an issue for visa purposes.

someone should please help me. Abeg

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sweetness24: 6:13pm On Nov 25, 2020
Thanks for this
LagosismyHome:

If it gives you peace of mind then hey go for it

If you dont have a guarantor ask your sibling in the UK. If she not willing then find an apartment where you can meet their requirements. You need to keep looking .

But read the fine print so if the visa is refused again you dont lose that and lose the money spent on accommodation as well . So see what the cancellation policy is
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zemanova: 7:06pm On Nov 25, 2020
Good day guys , I'm planning to apply for my visa next week so I need your advice. I've had canada and US study visa refusal twice in 2017 and 2018 respectively, do I need to declare these in my application and if so, what will I say reason for my refusal was for my US application, considering the fact that, they don't give reasons, they only issue blue paper. And also for canada application,they stated that they are not satisfy that I will leave canada at the end of my study. Considering travel history,current employment situation and personal assets and financial status. Plz guys will I have to state these reason for them too ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kc6964(m): 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2020
Good day everyone in d house pls I have deferred my admission to September intake for some reasons please i want to know if i can run a short course program that won't be more than 8weeks and if visa will be granted as well

Also I'll be grateful if anyone can suggest of schools i can apply for short course program for a professional training that won't be too expensive and not more than a month or 2months also require visa as well.Thanks and i wish everyone all the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mumsjoy: 7:43pm On Nov 25, 2020
Hi Fam,

Please who as GTB complaint email? I need to escalate an issue.

Close to a minth now I was debited for visa fee that dnt go through. Both Paga and Flutterwaves said they dnt have the ref record that I should contact gtb.

Gtb has been working on ds for over 3weeks no Success. Only for them to come back to say I recieved value for the debit.

Please any idea on what else to do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by sherilycious: 7:59pm On Nov 25, 2020
Please I am using account statement from two different banks to show my POF. Do I upload it seperately or I should merge both into one PDF file?
Also the part where I am to fill the bank I am using for proof of fund, is there an option to State both or I just state the one with bigger amount?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Samgalaxy: 9:26pm On Nov 25, 2020
Congratulations!
I am also going to Salford, although I am yet to submit my visa application due to my TB test slated for 9th December. Please like how many days does it take the University of Salford to issue CAS? Have you gotten accommodation?

jidesamuel:

VISA APPROVAL ALERT

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ezriela: 9:30pm On Nov 25, 2020
I think it shouldn't be a problem but to avoid stories that touch,why can't you transfer it to a bank. Anyways if that gives you peace,goodluck.
sherilycious:
Please I am using account statement from two different banks to show my POF. Do I upload it seperately or I should merge both into one PDF file?
Also the part where I am to fill the bank I am using for proof of fund, is there an option to State both or I just state the one with bigger amount?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gracedom: 9:35pm On Nov 25, 2020
awumen:

Got offer from UWS 2 weeks ago,it took just 8 days to receive offer.
I also got a mail on Friday informing me their will delays due to the fact that they are working from home since last week.
You can get in touch with their country rep, he was of great help, he is on ground at the school presently,so he can help speed things. Reach him at austin.ogogo@uws.ac.uk

Thank you again! Austin was really helpful. I have gotten an offer, however with the condition that I produce my transcript but NASU is on strike, I don’t know how to go about this yet, school is University of Ibadan, if anyone has a solid contact, I’ll appreciate.

My concern is what if I pay tuition fee deposit and NASU don’t call off the strike anytime soon?

Coincidentally, I also got an offer for Robert Gordon too, same course, without having transcript as a condition even though West Scotland is my first choice.

Pls people, advise me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Samgalaxy: 9:51pm On Nov 25, 2020
Send them an email

mcmatt:
Good evening people, please I am trying to book an appointment at IOM for medicals. Phone lines are always busy and no response to mails sent. Anyone with contact that I can reach out to please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:59pm On Nov 25, 2020
Upload separately. You can explain the use of 2 bank statements in a cover letter or the additional info section of your form to prevent the ECO from erroneously overlooking either of them.
sherilycious:

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:01pm On Nov 25, 2020
Declare them.
For the US refusals, just stating that the VO refused on the grounds that you didn't qualify for a visa at the time is okay.

Zemanova:
Good day guys , I'm planning to apply for my visa next week so I need your advice. I've had canada and US study visa refusal twice in 2017 and 2018 respectively, do I need to declare these in my application and if so, what will I say reason for my refusal was for my US application, considering the fact that, they don't give reasons, they only issue blue paper. And also for canada application,they stated that they are not satisfy that I will leave canada at the end of my study. Considering travel history,current employment situation and personal assets and financial status. Plz guys will I have to state these reason for them too ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.