Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,004 members, 7,799,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (702) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1083530 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (699) (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by blazerjewel: 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2020
got it on the 15th.

Teerc4:
I did same 3rd oh, when did you get decision mail please?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by blazerjewel: 8:45pm On Dec 17, 2020
yes , its a family member and it was declared on the application form. thanks alot.

mimilyrics:
It shouldn't be a problem. If you'll be using a family member's address on your form, you should have declared that family member on your application to avoid stories that touch.
If it's an AirBnB or a rented apartment, it's no problem because it's understandable that being new to the UK, you wouldn't have made firm arrangements at the point of your application submission.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Elizabeth28: 8:46pm On Dec 17, 2020
Elizabeth28:
Guys, how can someone going to Robert Gordon University Aberdeen,Scotland get there.

From Lagos to where and where.
Is it Heathrow or Gatwick or where else,and from there to where.

Please help,Thanks.

��

Anyone, help please.
Its urgent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:48pm On Dec 17, 2020
Check the previous page for possible options.
Elizabeth28:

Anyone, help please.
Its urgent.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duro7: 8:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
Please help me, canni apply for visa without my account statement and medical result?? please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:55pm On Dec 17, 2020
No. Aside from having a valid CAS and showing your academic qualifications, you have to prove that the funds for your course are available to you except you're being sponsored by a recognized official sponsor in which case you'll only have to submit your sponsorship letter.
You also need a clear TB test result before you can be granted a student visa.
The absence of the above in an application leads to an automatic refusal and waste of money.
duro7:
Please help me, canni apply for visa without my account statement and medical result?? please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by macbernard: 8:57pm On Dec 17, 2020
Tanx. Just concerned cos of the Christmas break ahead
blazerjewel:

did biometrics on the 3rd and received decision mail. I'm sure it will come.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mohyaw(f): 9:01pm On Dec 17, 2020
Hi guys,

Does transferring money from one account to the other (still my account) during the 28 days to hold proof of fund spoil the 28 days rule?

I have 7m in account A(USD equivalent), 5m in another account B(naira). After paying 2m tuition, I will be left with 10m which is sufficient for the proof of fund since I plan on tendering the 2 accounts. The accounts are already 14 days into 28 days

I transferred 2m to my naira current account C(newly opened) from account B so the bank can help with paying the tuition deposit in GBP(Since naira is getting devalued). However, the tuition happened to not go through because of bank wahala. What that means is I will have to take USD worth 2m from account A, leaving it at 5m(USD equivalent).

1. Does this mean I will have to start count for 28 days all over from when I transferred to account C? Or it is still valid since the other account is mine and is in my name as well.
2. What is the best way to still continue with the 28 days counting
3. Will using the 3 accounts work for visa application with the ongoing count?
4. What's the best way to deal with this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:07pm On Dec 17, 2020
As long as the amount you are required to show for that 28 day period doesn't dip lower than what you require at any point during the count, you are good. You can always have more, not less than is required.

2 or more accounts can be used as financial evidence but it's always good to explain this in a cover letter to prevent an error of confusion on the ECO's part.
mohyaw:
Hi guys,

Does transferring money from one account to the other (still my account) during the 28 days to hold proof of fund spoil the 28 days rule?

I have 7m in account A(USD equivalent), 5m in another account B(naira). After paying 2m tuition, I will be left with 10m which is sufficient for the proof of fund since I plan on tendering the 2 accounts. The accounts are already 14 days into 28 days

I transferred 2m to my naira current account C(newly opened) from account B so the bank can help with paying the tuition deposit in GBP(Since naira is getting devalued). However, the tuition happened to not go through because of bank wahala. What that means is I will have to take USD worth 2m from account A, leaving it at 5m(USD equivalent).

1. Does this mean I will have to start count for 28 days all over from when I transferred to account C? Or it is still valid since the other account is in mine and is in my name as well.
2. What is the best way to still continue with the 28 days counting
3. Will using the 3 accounts work for visa application with the ongoing count?
4. What's the best way to deal with this?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Temitopepremium(f): 9:11pm On Dec 17, 2020
Temitopepremium:
am in a cross road and I need a genuine and sincere advice from you guys please.
This is my story-I graduated with bsc Accounting ed) 10yrs ago, worked in customer care unit, sales and etc. Recently, my mum of 59years, who is a registered nurse own her own maternity clinic wants to me to go into nursing so as to take over from her when the time comes but she insisted I go for bsc adult nursing in uk which is 3yrs but my husband advice me to opt in for msc 2yrs instead since we are still looking for fruit of the womb.

1. I wish to go for the Bsc so as to be more knowledgeable and have solid foundation about nursing but my marriage is still very young(3yrs) without a child. Though, I have been trained as an auxiliary nurse over the years.

2. Would the MSc adult nursing( pre registration) be more difficult to attain, would I be able to cope/ catch up easily? I dont want to offend but my mum and my hubby. Please what do I do.

Help me with this please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by macbernard: 9:15pm On Dec 17, 2020
Congratulations!!!
ateka7777:

VISA ALERT!!!
BIOMETRIC.... 1ST DEC.
DECISION MAIL........ 14TH DEC.
COLLECTION MAIL .....17TH
FAMILY OF 4
STANDARD APPLICATION

MANY THANKS TO EVERY CONTRIBUTOR ON THIS PLATFORM.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mohyaw(f): 9:16pm On Dec 17, 2020
mimilyrics:
As long as the amount you are required to show for that 28 day period doesn't dip lower than what you require at any point during the count, you are good. You can always have more, not less than is required.

2 or more accounts can be used as financial evidence but it's always good to explain this in a cover letter to prevent an error of confusion on the ECO's part.

Thanks.

In this case, I require 10m to show after the tuition deposit. But the account C hasn't held the money for long like the other 2. It was meant to be for tuition but the bank runied that. I want to know if I need to start the count all over
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Salmom: 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2020
Please what's the cheapest university and what are the documents needed to secure an admission for a bsc program?
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ajoke60: 9:22pm On Dec 17, 2020
Ifujenko:
Visa Alert on Super priority.... Submitted on 15/12/2020.... Biometrics on 16/12/2020..... Decision and Collection on 17/12/2020....I have 2 Canadian study Visa refusal (All declared)..Thanks All!...Super priority sweet o!

How much did you pay for super priority?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:24pm On Dec 17, 2020
If account A and B are the only ones that you'll use, you're good if the amount (plus a little extra as an inflation buffer) that you need is 10m but if you intend to use account C too, I'd suggest that you restart the count to avoid errors or stories that touch.
mohyaw:

Thanks.

In this case, I require 10m to show after the tuition deposit. But the account C hasn't held the money for long like the other 2. It was meant to be for tuition but the bank runied that. I want to know if I need to start the count all over
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:26pm On Dec 17, 2020
Cheapest is relative. Run a google search with your course and budget as a filter to enable you narrow down your options.
Salmom:
Please what's the cheapest university and what are the documents needed to secure an admission for a bsc program?
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Elizabeth28: 9:28pm On Dec 17, 2020
Bourne007:
LOL

Take Lagos to Aberdeen na with 1 stop over eg KLM.

Gatwick na long thing.

You can take a bus from Heathrow. That might be about 12 hours road trip. There's the option to fly from Heathrow or take a train.

Glasgow is obviously closer to Aberdeen which will be 3 hrs road trip.

But it's all about the Benjamin's baby cool

Gracias �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Elizabeth28: 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2020
mimilyrics:
Try KLM with one stopover at Amsterdam, British Airways with a stopover at Heathrow or Qatar with 2 stops (Qatar and Heathrow with the Heathrow leg of the journey operated by British Airways).
You can also use other airlines to Heathrow and use National Express, train or a connecting flight to Aberdeen.
To plan your journey ahead with enough time between your connections:

Check cost of the coach/bus from Heathrow to Aberdeen, check https://www.nationalexpress.com/en or download the national Express app for daily schedules and costs.
For train, download the trainline app to check train times and costs.
For flights, check directly with the airlines or via skyscanner and Expedia.
You can also check flights to the closest airport to you if you don't want to stop at Heathrow or don't like your flight options to Aberdeen.

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mohyaw(f): 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2020
Temitopepremium:

I will suggest you go with the 3 years BSc since that will give you more knowledge. What is worth doing at all is worth doing well, especially if that's what you want. It's not really a good decision to jump to Msc without Bsc, and if you can, it will most likely be really challenging and too demanding.

For your marriage, your husband can always join you in the UK as a dependant. Not really sure how that process works. Also, there will be breaks, visits can work as well. I understand your marriage is really young, but both of you will have to put in the effort and compromise a bit. 2 years is sort of 3 years in disguise. If you willing to go for 2 years, why not 3 then? God is the one who gives children, it's not the rate of sex and intimacy. Technology has also made communication and intimacy easier, leverage that.

Most importantly, the decision is yours. You are in control

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:34pm On Dec 17, 2020
Only postgraduate students are allowed dependants.
mohyaw:

I will suggest you go with the 3 years BSc since that will give you more knowledge. What is worth doing at all is worth doing well, especially if that's what you want. It's not really a good decision to jump to Msc without Bsc, and if you can, it will most likely be really challenging and too demanding.

For your marriage, your husband can always join you in the UK as a dependant. Not really sure how that process works. Also, there will be breaks, visits can work as well. I understand your marriage is really young, but both of you will have to put in the effort and compromise a bit. 2 years is sort of 3 years in disguise. If you willing to go for 2 years, why not 3 then? God is the one who gives children, it's not the rate of sex and intimacy. Technology has also made communication and intimacy easier, leverage that.

Most importantly, the decision is yours. You are in control
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Efiosej: 9:39pm On Dec 17, 2020
Good evening house.

Please is there anyone here,who knows the current price for IELTS Exam.

I tried using Google.At first I saw 75,000 then I saw another post where the price was stated to have been reduced to 14,000

Don't know which is the current one..... another with information on that should please help out,I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ahadeyhola: 9:40pm On Dec 17, 2020
Does PGcert have 2 years visa after study?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by vichyke: 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2020
Elizabeth28:
Guys, how can someone going to Robert Gordon University Aberdeen,Scotland get there.

From Lagos to where and where.
Is it Heathrow or Gatwick or where else,and from there to where.

Please help,Thanks.

��
I’m also leaving for Robert Gordon for January intake...I think the Aberdeen airport will be the best option
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:48pm On Dec 17, 2020
Temitopepremium:
am in a cross road and I need a genuine and sincere advice from you guys please.
This is my story-I graduated with bsc Accounting ed) 10yrs ago, worked in customer care unit, sales and etc. Recently, my mum of 59years, who is a registered nurse own her own maternity clinic wants to me to go into nursing so as to take over from her when the time comes but she insisted I go for bsc adult nursing in uk which is 3yrs but my husband advice me to opt in for msc 2yrs instead since we are still looking for fruit of the womb.

1. I wish to go for the Bsc so as to be more knowledgeable and have solid foundation about nursing but my marriage is still very young(3yrs) without a child. Though, I have been trained as an auxiliary nurse over the years.

2. Would the MSc adult nursing( pre registration) be more difficult to attain, would I be able to cope/ catch up easily? I dont want to offend but my mum and my hubby. Please what do I do.

The Bsc and MSC will achieve the exact same purpose..... it really once you start working and in your placement that you gain the full real life working experience.....

I would definitely recommend the masters over the BSc, both programs are tailored to teach you what you need for work life . Getting admission is the main thing , but if you are able to get admission then you are good to go

Bsc doesnt allow dependent but msc does .... so if you want to factor in your husband and potentially expanding family then MSc is the way to go

My only concern is what career do you want....not what does your mum want you to become..... careers like nursing can be overworked ,demanding and underpaid in the UK, so it's the passion for it that gets you going...your auxiliary nursing training might help sha, so I guess you have a bit of insight to the journey ahead ... make sure it what you really want to do

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Abatemtem(m): 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2020
It's your life. I'd advice you go for Bsc Nursing. You'd be more knowledgeable about nursing
Temitopepremium:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by davidodaudu(m): 9:59pm On Dec 17, 2020
Blissideas:
I am going to Sheffield Hallam University in January 2021 too. Drop your WhatsApp number

I am going to Sheffield Hallam University in January 2021, M.Sc Computing. I have my CAS already, currently waiting for 28 days' maturity. If you going to Sheffield Hallam University in January 2021 let's connect.

Thanks.

Hello, I am also going to Sheffield Hallam for MSc computing. email me for my whatsapp number. lets connect. davidodaudu@gmail.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by koloyewo: 10:21pm On Dec 17, 2020
Blissideas:
I am going to Sheffield Hallam University in January 2021 too. Drop your WhatsApp number

I am going to Sheffield Hallam University in January 2021, M.Sc Computing. I have my CAS already, currently waiting for 28 days' maturity. If you going to Sheffield Hallam University in January 2021 let's connect.

Thanks.
but I think hallam university will need your statement of account before issuing CAS, I'm surprised you are still waiting for 28 days maturity period.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Iwonder: 10:29pm On Dec 17, 2020
Pls does anyone knows the recent pounds rate for form A in any of the fast and efficient bank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Blissideas: 10:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
No. They only do pre CAS interview. quote author=koloyewo post=97176678] but I think hallam university will need your statement of account before issuing CAS, I'm surprised you are still waiting for 28 days maturity period.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by whitley(m): 10:45pm On Dec 17, 2020
This UKVI I nor understand again o, people who did their biometric 4days later are getting their visa and those of us who did earlier can't even seem to find decision mail. The holiday's are starting in a weeks time
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jflex(m): 11:01pm On Dec 17, 2020
Hallam is the best uni ever.

Pre Cas interview is scheduled after u pay ur 1k deposit, Cas is issued 24hours after ur pre cas. 50% Schoolfees on resumption, balance till September 2021.

Its strange when I see 28days account b4 pre cas then the endless wait for cas b4 u now face other life issues.

Going o SHU in January 2021.

Abeg who's going to SHU lets look for accomodation im having headache already

koloyewo:
but I think hallam university will need your statement of account before issuing CAS, I'm surprised you are still waiting for 28 days maturity period.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (699) (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.