Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,967 members, 7,799,285 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up (32135 Views)

How African Parents Raise Their Kids? Share Your Experience While Growing Up! / Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) / Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by IAmTobore(m): 4:39pm On Apr 30, 2020
solasoulmusic:

I’m sorry to hear that ... more healing to you I hear you ...sometimes you learn from the pain what you did wrong I pressed on the breaks to hard and then going over the bump didn’t help at all
It was a steep slope and tarred road. The road was also bent(Pretty crazy). I saw heaps of sand on the road( obviously caused by flooding) around the bend, then I applied breaks multiple times ( if I had known I would have tried to stop). That was how I lost balance and landed on the ground after barely crossing the heap of sand.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by IAmTobore(m): 4:46pm On Apr 30, 2020
Orestino:

Haha I swear almost all game freaks would have had this experience except the 'get inside' ones sha
my mom was going to hang me because I came late from school ( of course she didn't have physical power to do that). She thought I was out chasing girls ( I don't know why she was fond of chasing girls away from me and was always getting angry when she sees a girl talking to me).

Bottom line was that..... I had gone to a game house. But to her, I had gone out with a girl.

Funny enough I rarely remember all her wrong doings to me. Maybe it's because I'm chasing after money.
Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 30, 2020
IAmTobore:
It was a steep slope and tarred road. The road was also bent(Pretty crazy). I saw heaps of sand on the road( obviously caused by flooding) around the bend, then I applied breaks multiple times ( if I had known I would have tried to stop). That was how I lost balance and landed on the ground after barely crossing the heap of sand.
at least your back up again bikes are really slippery in the rain and around sandy stony areas
Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by IAmTobore(m): 5:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
solasoulmusic:
at least your back up again bikes are really slippery in the rain and around sandy stony areas
Yeah I'm fine now.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by IAmTobore(m): 5:36pm On Apr 30, 2020
AmazingMOG:
but I opted to help he couldn’t meet up

The truth is many of these guys begging are scams or are you of them?

Some are genuine but majority are not
I beg oga i need a laptop to start learning programming and coding. If u get d one wey u fit dash me, or u fit give me small cash make I take support d one wey my brother one give me. I go appreciate.

Try use those offerings money touch small lives.
Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 30, 2020
rejoke:
when I was about five years old, my dad made a law that no body in the house should speak pigin English. either English or Urhobo.. that night was a solemn night for everybody. we were are so mute until he left for work the next day... on returning the next day from work, he enquired "where is makpo"...? no reply" he repeated it like three times, I got tired and decided to try my luck in answering as a waffi girl.. I replied "he is chopping for palor".. see laugh, everybody crawled out of their hiding place, the boisterous laughter that followed was something I could never forget.. and that was how the English matter ended.

Babe u rep wella, even me myself laugh too.
Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by Weblord2000(m): 5:45pm On Apr 30, 2020
IAmTobore:
I beg oga i need a laptop to start learning programming and coding. If u get d one wey u fit dash me, or u fit give me small cash make I take support d one wey my brother one give me. I go appreciate.

Try use those offerings money touch small lives.
grin use offering money touch small lives... Chai ya no well.
Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 30, 2020
jenniferokoh89:
Well ..I just finished waec..got home and met some of these my old paddies that were attending day school..so due to youthful exuberance I join some bad boys and started smoking weed..na so one of my guy joined too and claimed he had been smoking way before me..the first day we entered jungle with this guy ..after we finish smoking pkoli..my guy that sat with his legs crossed started crying that he could not stand up cuz he was looking for his second leg undecided

Guy that ur friend nor fit kill me with laugh �����, e see him leg? Wetin highness cause.
Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by Hotspotbro(m): 6:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
RubitanLeanon:
Well, the funniest thing that happens on me while growing up is when I fart i front of cousins. That was really ridiculous. Everyone was angry at me but later on they laugh. Well, by the way, let me introduce you our website https://poolservicegranadahills.com/. Our services include filter cleaning/replacement, installations, water analysis, tile cleaning, vacation services, servicing all pool types including in-ground, fiberglass, concrete, and more!
is santa ana in Lagos?
Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
YngDenzel1:
2011 when i was writing waec, a tout came into our examination hall with a dagger and clean everybody including the invigilator, fear catch am he nor know say na warri e dey.. base on street smartness the tout no see my sh1t take.. we nor dey put money for pocket na socks we dey put am..

Mehn.. I nor fit forget dat day.. it was as if the guy dey collect offering, from sit to sit,, but dem later collect some of the stuffs back, at least all the phones, after involving the community chairman.. some of us know the guy, so we had to snitch so that we can write the paper

Fear who no fear waff town... grin grin grin

Which school?
Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by IAmTobore(m): 6:09pm On Apr 30, 2020
YngDenzel1:
2011 when i was writing waec, a tout came into our examination hall with a dagger and clean everybody including the invigilator, fear catch am he nor know say na warri e dey.. base on street smartness the tout no see my sh1t take.. we nor dey put money for pocket na socks we dey put am..

Mehn.. I nor fit forget dat day.. it was as if the guy dey collect offering, from sit to sit,, but dem later collect some of the stuffs back, at least all the phones, after involving the community chairman.. some of us know the guy, so we had to snitch so that we can write the paper

Fear who no fear waff town... grin grin grin
Wow. I also wrote WAEC in 2011. But it was in Ibadan. Fight broke between two boys. Let me call them John and David. I don't really know what caused the fight as we were brought to write in the school from another school.

After the fight, John had a swollen eye and was flogged on the assembly before we started exam and David was no where to be found.

When exam was ongoing, we noticed some guys following David. It turned out they were guys loyal John. They pounced on him(David) and started beating him. He managed to escape after headbutting one of the guys on his jaw.

During the exam period one of the girls we were writing exam with was killed by an over speeding car. Very crazy.
Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by OgaRico(m): 6:49pm On Apr 30, 2020
On the night of the Champions League final between Barça and Arsenal in 2006,I went to watch the match not minding whatever I will face at home after the match because as a forever Ronaldinho fan wey I bi I for no fit afford to miss seeing those his shining teeth after Barça go don win Arsenal because I for fit bet my life say Barça must win. Got home around past 10 in the night to discover that my Uncle's wife have succeeded in locking me outside and na so I sleep for ground till in the morning.

I was cleaning the Television stand which we call room divider back then in the morning and my uncle was watching 7AM news on AM EXPRESS,nai suddenly NEPA take light, next thing wey I hear na a very sound slap from my uncle say why I go off TV. Cry no allow me fit explain myself before the man notice say fan don stop to turn but to tell me sorry pride no allow the man.Wetin pain me pass na when my cousins ask me wetin happen and after I narrate my story finish dem burst into laughter and na me turn topic of discussion that day for public compound.
It was there and then that I decided that in case I become the president of this country one day, I must fix light issue first even if it means using my first four years in office to do only that.

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by IAmTobore(m): 6:53pm On Apr 30, 2020
JayPeeOham:
The only funny thing that comes to my mind is the scenario of the first time I got kissed by a girl.........lol grin

I was in this relationship with a girl older than me with about 2 or 3yrs, really can't remember. She came to visit me and it was time for her to leave so i went to see her off on a cool evening.

We got to this very lonely road, just like a flash. she bent my head over coz I was taller, placed her lips on mine for a kiss that lasted for at least 5 seconds.

I struggled to release myself from her which I did, she started laughing because she could see the shyness all over me.

Before she knew it, I ran back to my house without saying bye to her, the race back to the house took almost 5 mins but I never stopped nor looked back. Voom! I ran straight to the bathroom, picked up my toothbrush.........you no the rest of the story!!!!!! grin

My first kiss was from my female classmate when I was still in primary school. Though I can't remember the class. We were playing when she did it. I was shocked while she laughed. I wanted to raise alarm, but she frowned and that was how I kept shut. Along the line, I later molested her alot before I left the school. I still miss her though. I know their house but I wouldn't go there to check on her because I feel I haven't achieved much.

The second kiss I got. I was still in that primary school then. And my mom ran a buka. Students from a nearby secondary school would usually come to buy food from my mom. There was this grown up and very cute girl. She was way older than me. Starting from the day she set her eyes on me, she wouldn't leave me. Whenever she comes to buy food from my mom, she would always call me her husband, hug and even wrap her arms around me. I always ran from her anytime I see her and my mom usually laughs over it.

Well, one afternoon, I was out in the street playing with my friends and I was seated in a wheelbarrow when all of a sudden I saw her coming with her friends. She saw me and started hailing me as usual and I just used hands to cover my eyes in shame. This girl walked close and gave me a kiss right there inside the wheelbarrow. Chai, ground nearly swallow me. And my friends started hailing me.

Well she stopped everything as I grew older and entered jss. Then she just decides to greet me and pass when she sees me.

That was then.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by JayPeeOham: 7:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
IAmTobore:
My first kiss was from my female classmate when I was still in primary school. Though I can't remember the class. We were playing when she did it. I was shocked while she laughed. I wanted to raise alarm, but she frowned and that was how I kept shut. Along the line, I later molested her alot before I left the school. I still miss her though. I know their house but I wouldn't go there to check on her because I feel I haven't achieved much.

The second kiss I got. I was still in that primary school then. And my mom ran a buka. Students from a nearby secondary school would usually come to buy food from my mom. There was this grown up and very cute girl. She was way older than me. Starting from the day she set her eyes on me, she wouldn't leave me. Whenever she comes to buy food from my mom, she would always call me her husband, hug and even wrap her arms around me. I always ran from her anytime I see her and my mom usually laughs over it.

Well, one afternoon, I was out in the street playing with my friends and I was seated in a wheelbarrow when all of a sudden I saw her coming with her friends. She saw me and started hailing me as usual and I just used hands to cover my eyes in shame. This girl walked close and gave me a kiss right there inside the wheelbarrow. Chai, ground nearly swallow me. And my friends started hailing me.

Well she stopped everything as I grew older and entered jss. Then she just decides to greet me and pass when she sees me.

That was then.

Little wonder why it was the woman who ate the apple first!

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by YngDenzel1: 9:20pm On Apr 30, 2020
Just remembered this one, I was like 10 or so then.. me, my younger bro and this black girl with big bum and her siblings were running around together, their mum has a provision store near the field we were playing at.. While we were playing, she go dey use her big bum dey rub my dickson, which was kind of on purpose cos the thing too dey sweet am, and it got to the extent where i wanted more than rubbing grin grin

So I just whispered in her ear in this exact words i still remembered till date, because it was straight to the point, I was like "make we go fvck" cheesy

She smiling sheepishly reply "oya na"

After observing the area for some sec, i observe say the perimeter is not secure, so i abort the mission to avoid my yam no done grin

Then i codedly tell her make she lock up, make she no worry.. wink

I felt a little embarrassed later on, I avoided her till we parked from that area.. I just dey wonder how her yansh go don big reach by now.
Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by Netanya(f): 10:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
Hypocrit:
i go soon kon drop my own...
For primary 6 that year, me and one of my guy kon dey play robb (robb for cold and pain) play to know who get strong eye pass... He go put robb for my eye, i go put for e own--- na person wey first cry or run nai lose. We kon do each other so tay i kon notice say the thing no dey peper am too much (and other students dey put fire)... I plan another way to make sure he hear am--- i kon run go my grandma place (as e no far from the school)--- i reach there collect aboniki balm (for my guy mind say i don run) so e no expect am as everybody don lock up. As i reach there with the aboniki balm from back, i park am full he eye--- the kind shout wey i hear as if kill person (my eye oo! You don blind blind my eye!) with so many jumping and demonstration like person wey dey disco hall (i kon feel say my guy don turn babiyala) na so fear hold me. That moment i be like person wey dey answer alter call for crusade--- kon dey beg my guy... make e sorry, make e take am easy as i no know say e go be like that. To cut the long story short--- na four senior students suspend me for air for the flogging i receive that day--- i received at least 30 strokes for my back with no ability to run as i was hold to one place--- my principal kon be igbo smoker join. It is quite funny now but was never funny then. Na me warn my guy make e no follow me play again. But we later settle sha.
you are wicked oo grin
Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by Zyzxx10: 10:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
AmazingMOG:
i will contact you.

Tomorrow expect my quote again. Don’t reply tomorrow I’ll quote you just check your mentions tomorrow

Stay blessed
Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by omogbolahanwon(m): 10:22pm On Apr 30, 2020
quiteboy:
Falling down from a mangoe tree and hitting the floor with my stomach flat, my people those stars for Tom&Jerry nah real oh, Cause I see them that moment as I try to relax for the foot of the tree after falling. Since that day, me and climbing of trees no get business.

Same happened to me but i still continue sha.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by quiteboy(m): 10:36pm On Apr 30, 2020
Bro I no fit again oh, from that day I get phobia for height. grin
omogbolahanwon:

Same happened to me but i still continue sha.
Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by Samabu07(m): 11:23pm On Apr 30, 2020
AmazingMOG:
hey is okay you don’t need to insult me I never said I won’t help you just trying to be sure whom am helping

I’ve helped lots of people on this forum I don’t need to create thread for it. Helping you won’t be my first or last tomorrow I’ll quote you again I told another guy same thing

Stay blessed

I honestly waited for your quote all day but didn't see any.
Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by CONFAMA: 8:39am On May 01, 2020
Realfrankie:
Mine was, I and my brothers were always monitoring my dad whenever he brings a new babe to the house to bang, we normally tiptoe to his window and begin to watch and laugh out loud grin grin grin

Where your mum dey
Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by CONFAMA: 8:43am On May 01, 2020
exynos:
Mine is as follows

1. It was christmas eve and we the children were busy using fireworks(Knockout) We were so daring as we tend to hold the knockout while it sparks! so one man was passing by and i just lit the knockout, it was three sound sha and i didn't hold it well. So with pains i decided to throw the knockout away! Unknowingly, it landed on the bald head of the man as it detonated noisily! immediately the man turned to see who did that! Already i was signaled by one woman, so i took off with the speed of light.

2. When i was very small; about 5 years, there is this small calabar girl in my neighbour hood. i was playing with the cover of one bottle, the girl took the cover from me and bolted towards there room! I became so furious, i followed her quickly she stood beside their bed and nobody was around, i told her to return what she took she refused! i pushed her on the bed and had childish sex, she became weak as i collected my stuff and took off! Later she came to our house with her mother. Her mom accosted me and on why i had sex with daughter... I didn't know where the energy to replied her came from! i shouted underneath my breathe, that why won't i Fcuck your daughter when she took my stuff? My mom and the woman became shocked and practically speechless. she just took her daughter by the hand and walked away quietly!

3. I remembered how i foolishly burnt two phones when i tried charging them without the charger's head, i connected the wire live to the wall of socket...

How time flies! If i remember all these things i'll jusy thankGod for life!

4. While growing up with brother, we returned from school one hot afternoon, we heard the sound of radio coming out from the direction of a room my uncle always sleeps in, unknown to us it was our dad in the room, we stealthily moved towards the room, in what seemed to be the count of three, in loud voices as it blended in unison, we bellowed thunderously as we flung wide the curtain, Brothers and sisters as literally saw my father on air and his eyes protruding in fear, he threw the radio. on seeing this, we fled like never before, we returned later in the night, that night was the worst of all as hell was let loose!

You mean your dad was floating
Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by Drizzy5001(m): 9:17am On May 01, 2020
thatsleepboy1:

E be like say u offend GOD na why God rule out that day say you must receive am by force by fire. grin grin grin grin
I dey tell u grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by Realfrankie(m): 1:19pm On May 01, 2020
CONFAMA:

Where your mum dey

My mum the always dey village

We de follow Popsy go town because of our school and return to our mum by weekend.

My dad been tell us say if we report to my mom then we don end to follow am go town

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by baebeenayoka: 2:18pm On May 01, 2020
Donald3d:
grin grin
It wasn't funny at the time, but its funny now

1. When my dad just bought Nokia 3310 , very expensive at the time, he was gathering money to buy SIM card grin grin another priceless possession...He warned me not to touch the phone (he kept it on top of the cloth hanger ).I was about 7 at the time, I was a playful and extremely inquisitive child, my sustained inquisitiveness led me into my current career path as a programmer.
Anyway, some days later he found a scratch on the screen of the phone, called me and asked me why I still went there after he warned me...In all honesty I didn't touch it, but he didn't believe me.

He flogged the living day-light out of me, he flogged me so much that I confessed to a crime I didn't commit.I had to admit to what I didn't do

Years later I reminded him :

Daddy, see that phone that year, yes, the one you flogged me so much for , I didn't touch it, I was innocent....Baba was shinning his teeth grin grin grin, no apology till today grin grin grin

I am married now, my children must hear this as soon as they are born, I would send them to torment him on why he punished their father unjustly grin grin grin Lol those folks don't apologize o.

grin grin Follow me on twitter : www.twitter.com/NaijaSteveJobs
Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by Samabu07(m): 6:35pm On May 01, 2020
noble71:

What's the investment like? State it here.
Bitcoin investment is somewhat tricky. No matter how steady they proved to be and cashing out, it would never last.
I lost big time when btc started in 2016 and 2018...
My advice is to buy and keep or just trade it on binance or good exchange website.
Stop promoting btc investment cos you hate it at the end.
Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by Samabu07(m): 6:41pm On May 01, 2020
OgaRico:
On the night of the Champions League final between Barça and Arsenal in 2006,I went to watch the match not minding whatever I will face at home after the match because as a forever Ronaldinho fan wey I bi I for no fit afford to miss seeing those his shining teeth after Barça go don win Arsenal because I for fit bet my life say Barça must win. Got home around past 10 in the night to discover that my Uncle's wife have succeeded in locking me outside and na so I sleep for ground till in the morning.

I was cleaning the Television stand which we call room divider back then in the morning and my uncle was watching 7AM news on AM EXPRESS,nai suddenly NEPA take light, next thing wey I hear na a very sound slap from my uncle say why I go off TV. Cry no allow me fit explain myself before the man notice say fan don stop to turn but to tell me sorry pride no allow the man.Wetin pain me pass na when my cousins ask me wetin happen and after I narrate my story finish dem burst into laughter and na me turn topic of discussion that day for public compound.
It was there and then that I decided that in case I become the president of this country one day, I must fix light issue first even if it means using my first four years in office to do only that.
Fixing light predicament would be honorary to do. The slap was really uncalled for.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by Samabu07(m): 8:45pm On May 01, 2020
AmazingMOG:
hey is okay you don’t need to insult me I never said I won’t help you just trying to be sure whom am helping

I’ve helped lots of people on this forum I don’t need to create thread for it. Helping you won’t be my first or last tomorrow I’ll quote you again I told another guy same thing

Stay blessed

MOG, have you disappointed me by not sending a quote? Good evening...
Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by CONFAMA: 12:13am On May 02, 2020
Realfrankie:

My mum the always dey village

We de follow Popsy go town because of our school and return to our mum by weekend.

My dad been tell us say if we report to my mom then we don end to follow am go town

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by Apination(m): 9:39am On May 07, 2020
AmazingMOG:

Stay blessed

My helper o, my helper(2x)
Abeg I need money for gas and soup, I would really appreciate any token given, I never fit cook for like 2 days now. You can confirm from my moniker, I'm not new or trying to scam anyone 4331042301 Ecobank. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up by vickthorious(m): 10:54am On May 08, 2020
IAmTobore:
My first kiss was from my female classmate when I was still in primary school. Though I can't remember the class. We were playing when she did it. I was shocked while she laughed. I wanted

That was then.
wetin dey happen between una now? still frends

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! / Pastor Abuses, Impregnates And Abandons Woman Seeking Spiritual Help / Man Finally Reunites With Sister After 25-years Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.