Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,775 members, 7,798,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? (1057 Views)

Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" / Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War / Ekweremadu: APC & PDP Unite Against Attack, We All Have A Responsibility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Zamrito: 7:08pm On Apr 25, 2020
This has got me thinking,why not the people unite against this corrupt leaders?
i mean i know we dont like each other but why not put our differences(ethnicity) aside and unite as one front against them.
we can do this by establishing a group made up of all tribes in nigeria.it would be online group initialy,but we ill gradually establish contacts..
and after then what do you think would happen? 'REVOLUTION'.

Remember the actual power of a state lies with the people and not with the government..
fighting and bashing ourselves wont solve anything,rather it would be convinient for them. as this is called 'divide and rule'. it was used by the british against our pre-independence leaders,now its beign used by our selfish and corrupt leaders against us.

Finally,it is said wealth is consequence of all affairs.and the exact is the case with these leaders,immediately they come into power they dont care a shit abouth their tribe,to them is all about looting,safeguarding their political career and more looting.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by helinues: 7:09pm On Apr 25, 2020
@ op, hope you can see it's DOA

1 Like

Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 25, 2020
LOL count me out, fam.
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by budaatum: 7:35pm On Apr 25, 2020
Slowly, with the help of thinking individuals like you, we will evolve to do what you suggest here.

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by googi: 3:22am On Apr 26, 2020
For wia?

We must vote for Trump to come and rule Nigeria. He would gladly oblige from his asshole.

Hate must kill this country first so that everyone can run to one father land.
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by IlovePMB: 3:34am On Apr 26, 2020
No they won't. They would soon come here to defend their oppressors and call you WAILER.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by ahaz: 5:09am On Apr 26, 2020
Zamrito:
i mean i know we dont like each other but why not put our differences(ethnicity) aside and unite as one front against them.
we can do this by establishing a group made up of all tribes in nigeria.it would be online group initialy,but we ill gradually establish contacts..

Remember the actual power of a state lies with the people and not with the government..
fighting and bashing ourselves wont solve anything,rather it would be convinient for them. as this is called 'divide and rule'. it was used by the british against our pre-independence leaders,now its beign used by our selfish and corrupt leaders against us.

Finally,it is said wealth is consequence of all affairs.and the exact is the case with these leaders,immediately they come into power they dont care a shit abouth their tribe,to them is all about looting,safeguarding their political career and more looting.
watch how this thread will die a natural death cos its not talking about KANU.
but if its talking about irrelevant gossips like tinubu for 2023 or el rufai then watch this thread run till infinitum.

6 Likes

Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Zamrito: 6:06am On Apr 26, 2020
is a shame.
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 26, 2020
Rubbish thread..

You and who unite against what?

You are clearly living in Oblivion of what is called Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by iokpebholo: 6:45am On Apr 26, 2020
Kudos op.Its becoming very annoying seeing how nigeria youths are divide.Wait and see how they will st@rt mentioning Ipob,conehead,Igbo,wailer,zombie instead of channeling their energy to fighting bad leadership
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by iokpebholo: 6:48am On Apr 26, 2020
Osagyefo98:
Rubbish thread..

You and who unite against what?

You are clearly living in Oblivion of what is called Nigeria
No matter what u call Nigeria,we can change d narrative by being united

1 Like

Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 26, 2020
NockMedia:
LOL count me out, fam.

Why? Do you like the country the way it is....fam?
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by desiredhome: 7:15am On Apr 26, 2020
IlovePMB:
No they won't. They would soon come here to defend their oppressors and call you WAILER.

You can only fight the corrupt leaders when you are corruption free(incorruptible).....

Corruption is in the blood of almost all Nigerians powered by greed, poverty, selfishness......

You only see the corruption in others when you are not involved.........
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by desiredhome: 7:19am On Apr 26, 2020
iokpebholo:
Kudos op.Its becoming very annoying seeing how nigeria youths are divide.Wait and see how they will st@rt mentioning Ipob,conehead,Igbo,wailer,zombie instead of channeling their energy to fighting bad leadership

Cleansing starts from you.....the bad leaders are representation of the followers/society.......
Meaning: You will do the same if in that position
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 26, 2020
DDeliverer:

Why? Do you like the country the way it is....fam?
Bro, I am not a genius or a prophet but I can tell you one thing: it's going to be futile.
The so called planned revolution, innit.
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Naomila: 7:45am On Apr 26, 2020
A lot of peeps don't give a damn bout ethnicity and diversity, aren't we all humans at the end.. is only a small percentage that hate other tribes for no reason, some see it as a competition.
As long as there is bribery,corruptionand poverty you won't have people that would commit to uniting against the govt.
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 26, 2020
NockMedia:

Bro, I am not a genius or a prophet but I can tell you one thing: it's going to be futile.
The so called planned revolution, innit.

Why do you think it would fail? Everything you join fails?
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 26, 2020
iokpebholo:
No matter what u call Nigeria,we can change d narrative by being united

I agree with need to be United and we are all in for it but first of all we need to invite all ethnic nationalities ( Not political leaders) to decide those that's wants to stay and those that wants to leave Nigeria.

Those that wants to leave should be allowed to leave and those that wants to stay should be allowed to stay and this group will now form United Front and unite themselves.

That's the first step to truly work towards unity.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Adiola(f): 8:08am On Apr 26, 2020
unless Igbos will lead this so called revolution any arrangement without an igbo man as the leader guys we are off
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by ObafemiAwoIowo: 8:09am On Apr 26, 2020
i can never happen
our yoots are busy with afonja vs Igbo fight on nairaland
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Chlerion: 8:20am On Apr 26, 2020
Nice
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by yommen: 8:25am On Apr 26, 2020
NockMedia:
LOL count me out, fam.

Just step aside and don't bother to comment.
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by yommen: 8:26am On Apr 26, 2020
ahaz:
watch how this thread will die a natural death cos its not talking about KANU.
but if its talking about irrelevant gossips like tinubu for 2023 or el rufai then watch this thread run till infinitum.

I tell you Sir. The way we reason ehnn!!! Like fish brain!
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Yujin(m): 8:28am On Apr 26, 2020
Zamrito:

OP, if you're thinking of a wholistic revolution, forget about it. A revolution/revolt with religious colouration is the only feasible solution I see because it is easier to achieve. Unless Christians stamp their capability in Nigeria and a time tested achieved is made president, forget it. Late Gideon Orkar already gave the blueprint; all that remains is for us to assemble and build on it.
You'll notice how the vampires holding unto power will kick against what I wrote here. They don't have the capacity to develop the contraption and won't let those with the capacity to handle the saddle.
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by yommen: 8:29am On Apr 26, 2020
ObafemiAwoIowo:
i can never happen

Very true Sir

1 Like

Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 26, 2020
OP, I will advise you remove 'REVOLUTION' from your narrative if you want this thread to get to the 'promise land'. That word sends fears into the hearts of the corrupt elements and power mongers being represented on nairaland.

Many of the informants depend on the government for daily sustenance and they would never want it to go down. So if you want the idea to achieve its purpose, I would advise you apply politics and make it look neutral and friendly.

#mycent
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by giftedben: 8:59am On Apr 26, 2020
Revolution cannot start on nairaland. Every region should send a representative with the blue print of what his or her people wants. We sit on a round table and discuss it. As I am writing this, I can confidently tell you my people wants out of Nigeria. I don't know what other regions want and that is why there is a need for discussion. We must agree to a common goal, we kill them all.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Dogogo1900: 9:22am On Apr 26, 2020
Zamrito:

Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Dogogo1900: 9:24am On Apr 26, 2020
How can you unite with people you don't trust?
I don't trust people from the South East and I will never unite with them.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by gidgiddy: 9:27am On Apr 26, 2020
Zamrito:

Not possible, what divides us is far greater than what brings us together
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by tevinsolt: 9:34am On Apr 26, 2020
Build Educational centers in local governments.
Equip Citizens with marketable skills, Provide information on Constitution, laws and rights of persons, businesses, state and Government
Be resource for needed referrals
Organize Town Halls, Game events - All to further the education of more and more people

Organize a coalition of Students and Young Professionals across the country
Have a clearly defined Vision, Mission, and Purpose statements for the Development and Industralization of Nigeria
for the lack of a better word, Infiltrate the Largest Political Parties
Plant members in positions that matters
Win Elections
Execute Plan.
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by ChoCho54(f): 9:43am On Apr 26, 2020
ObafemiAwoIowo:
i can never happen
Chief is it true you committed suicide with rat poison,?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Nyesom Wike Monitors Lockdown From The Sky - Photo / Obaseki Will Have Our Votes, He Has Done What Many Nigerian Politicians Can't Do / President Buhari Inaugurates 326km Itakpe-warri Rail Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.