Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? (1065 Views)

Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" / Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War / Ekweremadu: APC & PDP Unite Against Attack, We All Have A Responsibility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 26, 2020
yommen:

Just step aside and don't bother to comment.
LOL you can't stop me from commenting, fam. Last time I checked, I had the right to comment on any topic, yeah?
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 26, 2020
DDeliverer:

Why do you think it would fail? Everything you join fails?
My intuition is always never wrong, blud.
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by ChoCho54(f): 9:52am On Apr 26, 2020
Dogogo1900:
How can you unite with people you don't trust?
I don't trust people from the South East and I will never unite with them.
Thank you bro!

The feeling is mutual like you already know.

I personally is not interested in the joke the Op proposed. We are too different to be called one.

Mazi Kanu has done well, his crude methods not withstanding. It only remains for the intellects to fine-tune the blue print!

The least acceptable unity is total restructuring!

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by ChoCho54(f): 9:54am On Apr 26, 2020
NockMedia:

LOL you can't stop me from commenting, fam. Last time I checked, I had the right to comment on any topic, yeah?

Leave the dreamers to continue their sleep.

One Nigeria my foot!

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 26, 2020
ChoCho54:

Leave the dreamers to continue their sleep.

One Nigeria my foot!
I feel you, fam. Say nothin'. The truth is, one Nigeria is possible, it ain't a myth but they aren't ready for it. They're just flexing their muscles, innit.
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Karlifate: 10:31am On Apr 26, 2020
desiredhome:

You can only fight the corrupt leaders when you are corruption free(incorruptible).....

Corruption is in the blood of almost all Nigerians powered by greed, poverty, selfishness......

You only see the corruption in others when you are not involved.........
Zamrito.
This is the answer to your question.
"You cannot help anybody by being one of them".
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Zamrito: 10:54am On Apr 26, 2020
in every system theres an element of corruption,
but our leaders take their own to a whole new level.ask yourself,is this farce a government?why are we keeping silent and fighting among our selves?
if the whole country can protest during jonathan administration(fuel subsidy), then i say they can protest against against corruption.
change these old corrupt men,and start with the youth...
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:56am On Apr 26, 2020
Zamrito:
This has got me thinking,why not the people unite against this corrupt leaders?
i mean i know we dont like each other but why not put our differences(ethnicity) aside and unite as one front against them.
we can do this by establishing a group made up of all tribes in nigeria.it would be online group initialy,but we ill gradually establish contacts..
and after then what do you think would happen? 'REVOLUTION'.

Remember the actual power of a state lies with the people and not with the government..
fighting and bashing ourselves wont solve anything,rather it would be convinient for them. as this is called 'divide and rule'. it was used by the british against our pre-independence leaders,now its beign used by our selfish and corrupt leaders against us.

Finally,it is said wealth is consequence of all affairs.and the exact is the case with these leaders,immediately they come into power they dont care a shit abouth their tribe,to them is all about looting,safeguarding their political career and more looting.

Tell us your tribe-ethnicity first so we know where you are coming from. Don't deny your roots.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Zamrito: 11:04am On Apr 26, 2020
my tribe? see what am talking about.
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Sctests: 11:21am On Apr 26, 2020
Anybody who knows the history country very well knows what to do to achieve unity. Let's stop pretending.

There can be no peace and unity without justice, the yorubas violently agitated with OPC in the 90s due to MKO abiola saga, the whole country ensured that a yoruba man was elected president for the first time in Nigeria by giving them the two ticket on the 2 leading parties.

Same was done for Niger deltans when they agitated for resource control and militancy was the order of the day. The whole country ensured that GEJ became president which was good.

Today the East have been asking peacefully that was done to Segun, Musa and Preye should be done to be Obi, but some rabid elements think they that they must try to shout down the East who are more than 50 million strong in population and resident world over. They used violence to take demand and agitate for power but insult Ndigbo who have been largely peaceful in their own demand. What hypocrisy!

My verdict- Anybody who is talking about 'unity' without promoting a Presidency of Eastern extraction in the nearest future which is justifiable is trying to decieve himself and others. You are simply trying to pretend the 'infection' is not there, while focusing on the symptoms of a disease. Waste of time.

We have a zoning formular, which means 'turn by turn' in local parlance. The hausa-fulani have done theirs, yoruba have taken their share, Ndigbo should also be allowed to do their turn and leave. Let the Eagle perch, let the Dove perch too, anyone who says the other won't perch, may his wing break (Igbo principle of Biri kam biri(live and let's live)).

Let 'unity pretenders' stop pretending that they can't see the problem while preferring to go on a wild goose chase in the name of 'search of unity' while the truth stares them in the face.

There can be no unity without justice and equity. It has never happened in human history.
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by giftedben: 12:04pm On Apr 26, 2020
Sctests:
Anybody who knows the history country very well knows what to do to achieve unity. Let's stop pretending.

There can be no peace without justice, the yorubas agitated with OPC in the 90s due to MKO abiola saga, the whole country ensured that a yoruba man was elected president for the first time in Nigeria by giving them the two ticket on the 2 leading
parties.

Same was done for Niger deltans when they agitated for resource control and militancy was the order of the day. The whole country ensured that GEJ became president which was good.

Today the East have been asking peacefully that was done to Segun and Preye should be done to be Obi, but some rabid elements think they that they must try to shout down the East who are more than 50 million strong in population and resident world over.

My verdict- Anybody who is talking about 'unity' without promoting and a Presidency of Eastern extraction in the nearest future which is justifiable is trying to decieve himself and others. You are simply trying to pretend the 'infection' is not their while focusing on the symptoms of a disease.

We have a zoning formular, which means 'turn by turn'. The hausa-fulani have done their, yoruba have taken their share, Ndigbo should also be allowed to do their turn and leave.

Let 'unity pretenders' stop pretending that they can't see the problem while preferring to go on a wild goose chase in the name of 'search of unity' while the truth stares them in the face.

There can be no unity without justice and equity. It has never happened in human history.
I schooled in Lagos. I was in jss 2 when a Yoruba teacher came to class and said something to the Igbo students. He told us "igbos" to leave their lands. He does not know why we would leave our lands and come over to Yoruba lands to school, work and build houses. He specifically used the word "igbos". Mind-you my school is mixed with Hausas/Fulani, Yorubas, Igbos.
This is what a Yoruba teacher told a class of jss2 pupils. If I can remember General Odumegwu Ojukwu once said something similar, "he vividly said: why would his brothers and sisters work and then use the money and build houses and companies in foreign lands, they are goats for doing such a thing".
Why I am bringing this two scenario is to tell you that General Odumegwu Ojukwu never believed in one Nigeria. Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani have never like or loved the igbos. So if you are thinking an Igbo man would be president, then you are dreaming. Igbos are feared all over Nigeria. They would never be allowed to take a lead in this corrupt country.

That is the very reason you must fight for the future of your unborn children. We did it before and it failed and we can do it again till we succeed. That have always been the spirit of the igbos "A never give-up attitude", but other tribes mistook it for arrogance.

All we want is a separate nation called Biafra.
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Sctests: 12:12pm On Apr 26, 2020
giftedben:

I schooled in Lagos. I was in jss 2 when a Yoruba teacher came to class and said something to the Igbo students. He told us "igbos" to leave their lands. He does not know why we would leave our lands and come over to Yoruba lands to school, work and build houses. He specifically used the word "igbos". Mind-you my school is mixed with hausas, Yorubas, igbos.
This is what a Yoruba teacher told a class of jss2 pupils. If I can remember General Odumegwu Ojukwu once said something similar, "he vividly said: why would his brothers and sisters work and then use the money and build houses and companies in foreign lands, they are goats for doing such a thing".
Why I am bringing this two scenario is to tell you that General Odumegwu Ojukwu never believed in one Nigeria. Yoruba and Hausa have never like or loved the igbos. So if you are thinking an Igbo man would be president, then you are dreaming. Igbos are feared all over Nigeria. They would never be allowed to take a lead in this corrupt country.

That is the very reason you must fight for the future of your unborn children. We did it before and it failed and we can do it again till we succeed. That has always been the spirit of the igbos "A never give up attitude", but other tribes mistook it for arrogance.

All we want is a separate nation called Biafra.

I understand you perfectly and it is my aim to bring to the fore the hypocrisy of these same people shouting 'we want unity' today, 'Igbos leave our land' the next minute and 'no to Biafra' the next day. These are confused elements who don't really know what they want.

If we can not have a president of Igbo extraction, then stop wasting your time preaching about 'unity' that you don't even believe in. That's my message to them.

They need to stop the grandstanding and useless propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Zamrito: 12:36pm On Apr 26, 2020
what do you think igbo presidency would change? let me remind you they re running party politics.
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Zamrito: 12:42pm On Apr 26, 2020
if an igbo becomes president,he would still loot just like other tribe.
the best thing is to overthrow the rotten structure,and restructure the system immediately.
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Sctests: 1:22pm On Apr 26, 2020
Zamrito:
if an igbo becomes president,he would still loot just like other tribe.
the best thing is to overthrow the rotten structure,and restructure the system immediately.

Stop agitating for unity when you don't believe equity and justice.

Unity has to be built on the above-mentioned values, not on nothing.
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by MoIbrahim: 1:24pm On Apr 26, 2020
This is hard because it takes some intelligence.

Like James Watson puts it, it takes intelligence to understand the benefit of collective achievement. And it really does.
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Sctests: 1:25pm On Apr 26, 2020
AlfaSeltzer:

Tell us your tribe-ethnicity first so we know where you are coming from. Don't deny your roots.

Zamrito, this is a very important question that we cannot pretend about.
Tell us your ethnicity.
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Zamrito: 4:01pm On Apr 26, 2020
i'm an igbo..
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 26, 2020
Zamrito:
i'm an igbo..
Nobody asked you.
It doesn't add anything.
Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Dogogo1900: 9:03am On Apr 27, 2020
ChoCho54:
Thank you bro!

The feeling is mutual like you already know.

I personally is not interested in the joke the Op proposed. We are too different to be called one.

Mazi Kanu has done well, his crude methods not withstanding. It only remains for the intellects to fine-tune the blue print!

The least acceptable unity is total restructuring!

1 Like

Re: Why Not Put Ethnicity Aside,and Unite Against Our Corrupt Leaders? by Dogogo1900: 9:08am On Apr 27, 2020
What you and Nnamdi Kanu do with your lives is none of my business bro, I and my tribe are very happy to be part of Nigeria.
You can go wherever you want, that's your problem but please stop dreaming of other tribes joining you because it will never happen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See List Of Nigerian Governors That Bought Private Jets / Muhammadu Buhari : Wole Soyinka Joins Nnamdi Kanu / Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of A Break-up? — Senator Ekpenyong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.