Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,595 members, 7,801,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Where Is The Truth Now? - Adesina Tiamiyu - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Where Is The Truth Now? - Adesina Tiamiyu (265 Views)

Adesina: Presidential Aides Testing Positive To COVID-19 Shows They’re Human / Folashade Adesina: Nurse ‘Pierced Newborn Baby’s Eyes To Avenge Carryover’ / COVID 19 Pandemic; Need To Review Strategies By Adesina Tiamiyu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The Truth Now? - Adesina Tiamiyu by olola4(m): 9:03pm On Apr 25, 2020
I am not against any government, nobody should. In fact, it is in our interest to support government so that we all benefit from its programmes.

Therefore, when I come here to complain or raise some issues, it is not siding against the government but a feedback to our top government officials who may be detached from the truth because of bureaucracy. Truth we must know always to win this battle..

There are 3 issues here for us to ask our leaders to come out openly and tell us the truth.

A certain Hajiya Salma Ahmed whose voice notes I spoke about in one of my posts yesterday said NCDC deceived her into believing help was on the way for her son in law, Abdullahi Lawal who is said to be a top Banker with First Bank in Kano.

Today, the social media is awash with stories of that man and how he was taken from one facility to the other before he passed on.

What exactly is the truth about the situation in Kano presently and especially about this man?
Why will people not resort to help from quacks and herbal hawkers when they can't seem to get help from government ?
So who will be held responsible for this big lapse and what are we doing to save the family from being wiped out if the family does not get tested and helped quickly?
So Gov Ganduje will not care about that because the man is not his son or brother? Oluwa lo mejo da!

There is another voice note purportedly from a lady who claimed to be in the frontline of case identification in Amuwo Odofin/ Festac Area in Lagos who raised alarm about the messy situation of the community infection in that axis and warned that people should be careful around Agboju market in the area.

In reaction to that, stories coming out now said the lady had been identified and queried for divulging official information without authority. I will not blame government for this haven worked at top level in government and know the rules. She was wrong.

However to avoid a situation like this, periodic information that will guide and assist the people must be released in a systematic manner to avoid fear and panic. It is because we fail to do this that made people believe any information that gets to them.

I learnt she has been made to do another voice note to debunk the earlier one. Just like the Ijebu Ode video of the lady who showed bad food items given by the government but was later forced to recant, people already hold on to a belief. So in all of these, what exactly is the truth?

My friend and brother, Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa SAN just released what appeared like a Save our Soul message about the condition of his friend in Lagos. In that claim, if truly it is by the learned SAN, he said a man showing some symptoms went from the Isolation Centre at Landmark Event Centre in Lekki to Infectious Disease Hospital, IDH in Yaba in search of help as he is having difficulty in breathing.

After all the efforts, he came back with a that he should be on the waiting list for the next week as they are fully booked for a particular time.

What should the man do from now till when the appointed time comes? Who knows others who are in a similar situation? What then is this against the claim by government that they are on top of the situation?

What should we tell people to do in a situation of this nature especially when there are a lot of unverified claims of herbal remedy to this virus among mostly impressionable people who are used to taking all such concoctions in the past in obedience to our traditional beliefs?

My advice for government is to first of all come out clearly with the so called Treatment Protocol so that we all first know what to do when we are infected or see someone with such symptoms around us.

This will enable us challenge any facility that deviate from that protocol.

I appeal to Lagos state Government to, apart from the phone number 08000CORONA , allow the use of the popular emergency toll free number 112/767 for calls on this Corona pandemic. Apart from being toll free, it is a 3 digit number that is easy to remember and can accommodate heavy traffic.

The numbers are tested and trusted. All we need to do is to take trained medical support personnel to the Call Centre to take dedicated calls for Covid 19. I don't think it will cost the government heavy funding to do.

Governor Babajide Sanwo Olu and indeed the Federal Government need our total support in this battle. Mr. Governor has shown tremendous stamina and courage, I must admit, in dealing with this matter and he must consolidate on the gains as Lagos continue to record higher cases daily. We should not wait for the system to be overwhelmed before we help government.

My writings these days is my own way of assisting to ensure the people are galvanised to support all rational actions of government.

However like I keep saying, please government, tell us the truth always.

#stayhome
#stayhome
#socialdistancing
#washyourhandsregularly
#usealcoholbasedsanitizer
#covid19isreal

Re: Where Is The Truth Now? - Adesina Tiamiyu by Luqas: 11:27pm On Apr 25, 2020
Good One there Sir.

(1) (Reply)

Jack Ma: The Billionaire Trying To Stop Coronavirus (and Fix China's Reputation) / Nancy Pelosi Endorses Joe Biden For US Presidency / Students Wear Social Distancing Headgears As Schools Resume In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.