Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,375 members, 7,781,051 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:05 AM

Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion (34256 Views)

COVID-19: Boss Mustpha Says This Is The Right Time To Lockdown / Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries / 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by oshozondii: 9:22pm On Apr 25, 2020
This was disclosed by the Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-olu

Today, I gave an order that families who have corpses of loved ones in our mortuaries have 2 weeks to pick the bodies for funeral so as to decongest our facilities.

For about two months, there have been no funerals in Lagos due to the Lent period and restrictions of #COVID19.

You can hold funeral ceremonies in Lagos State as long as you comply with the requirements that we have outlined, which are as follows: the total number of persons at the funeral, including officiating religious leaders, must not exceed 20; appropriate physical distancing must be maintained at the funeral ceremony, all attendees/mourners must use masks and ensure they wash their hands after the ceremony.

There also must be NO receptions or parties to accompany these funerals.

Be rest assured that as long as these directives are fully complied with, funerals will be allowed and encouraged to take place.

If we are unable to see a decongestion of the mortuaries across the State in the next two weeks, the Lagos State Government will be compelled to carry out mass burials to achieve this. We do not want to be forced to do this, which is why we are asking for your cooperation in this regard.

https://twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1254146726123970560?s=19

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by bluemansion: 9:41pm On Apr 25, 2020
Ok
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by dangermouse(m): 9:56pm On Apr 25, 2020
Good move.

9 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by obi4eze(m): 9:57pm On Apr 25, 2020
angry

Good
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by klbakare(m): 10:47pm On Apr 25, 2020
Ok. Double wahala for dead body.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by CoronaV: 7:16am On Apr 26, 2020
I hope people wiill read the article and discover that morturaries are full because funerals are not being held due to lockdown and not that Corona is killing everyone.
E no dey hard Nigerians.
On another note, can those advocating for extension of lockdown see another example of hardship and unnecessary expenses it is causing people?

187 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Olathunji010(m): 7:16am On Apr 26, 2020
May almighty God continue to be always giving u the power to be healing all those that have already been tested positive for this useless coronavirus amen..... And continue to be always protecting and securing all other people from contacting it amen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by DigitalBrands01: 7:17am On Apr 26, 2020
And I'm sure this not happening in Lagos only. God have mercy

Anyway, I will Design a company Logo for 2k Only or Website for your Product or Company. Info below

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by crafteck(m): 7:17am On Apr 26, 2020
Ok, who would now do final burial for ambodes political ambition grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by candyguyofficia(m): 7:17am On Apr 26, 2020
... Nigerians love funfair is the Governor sure people won't rather opt for mass burial than doing burial ceremony without refreshments. Another stuff is that the eldest surviving son of the deceased maybe in another state/country and presently there is travel restriction, in Africa the role of the 'eldest surviving son' in such event as burial cannot be overemphasized but at times like this people must adopt to changes in popular culture due to government policies and health concern, for a start the burial could be streamed online. The virus ish is getting out of hand I pray a vaccine/cure is found on time.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by vastolord4(m): 7:17am On Apr 26, 2020
See.. Nigeria leaders are confused

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Dozzywest(m): 7:17am On Apr 26, 2020
Better start digging the mass graves because no owambe no burial.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 26, 2020
I am tired of the lockdown as well but I don't think it's time for the lockdown to be called off...

To those saying the lockdown didn't work.....I hope you are right...but I am sure it worked as it showed us an indication of what is ahead....Those people tested so far are those with traveling history and those that came in contact with them...

Can we be rest assured that all those that came in contact has been fully located and tested (definitely No, My neighbor is one of the medical personnel at the isolation centre in onikan..she said Lagos is really under testing...and I ask why she said the test kit are so limited in supply and that ventilators are as well limited).

If the lockdown is called off or relaxed, we all Sabi as Lagos dey....our bus na hustle..bus stop na hustle...market na hustle..church na crowd..mosque crowd..felashrine crowd...qulox crowd....malls crowd....

If people still disobey the lockdown when it was so called in full flight...do u think when it's relaxed or totally called off people will not just go straight to normalcy.

Can any state in Nigeria handle a surge if things go south ( which I pray it doesn't)

Have u watched the channels TV interview with the deputy coordinator for the covid 19 in their state...he said a reported 640 death in one week..though natural death join but we all know something is wrong...that's because their governor is not proactive enough...

What do I suggest.

- This coming week government should make effort to create local response team in all local government and train personnel to Man those centres...every local government has office already ..that can be achieved in a week...they will deploy trained personnel from the isolation centres and general hospital with adequate PPEs

- Full sensitisation at local level...A team of people go into street with their mega phone...and share safety tips and proper explanation and maybe a small pamphlet with pictures.

- Those centres at local level will be there to test and absorb if any case arise and might be transferred to a mother centre (Onikan, IDH and any other created ) in case of severe issues.

- Government should as well invest in Test kit and ventilators atleast divert some more money to the health sector...

All this is attainable in two weeks....Then the government can relax the lockdown ...But forget it relaxing the lockdown is like suspending it...We all know our kind of mentality in Nigeria here...

My humble Opinion

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Martinola(m): 7:17am On Apr 26, 2020
Omo see gobe
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by MoxxxxO123(m): 7:17am On Apr 26, 2020
Nice move Mr Governor. I hope lagosians make use of this arrangement.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Nice123(m): 7:18am On Apr 26, 2020
N
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Tiwatopebabe(f): 7:18am On Apr 26, 2020
Guess they can move about to bury their dead but they can't move about to get food.
All I know is that no matter the manner and mode of lockdown, let it not get to Oyo state.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by realstars: 7:18am On Apr 26, 2020
This Is Gonna Be Digital Burial In The Making, In This Digital Age, For The Old Things Shall Pass Away, And All Things Shall Become New.
Let The Dead Bury The Dead, And Give Back Dust To The Dust, No Time To Keep Them Long To Suffer,,,

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by onyeogalu1(m): 7:18am On Apr 26, 2020
Ok
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Mikelarteta(m): 7:18am On Apr 26, 2020
May God help us. Imagine almost 3000 people died in US in 24 hours some few days ago. This is really serious than what we think.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by itsmayiela(m): 7:18am On Apr 26, 2020
Islamization. Gradually, the state and its citizenry is beginning to adopt policies practised by Muslims.

We reject this.

Owambe must be organized o jare!

We must wait for our grandmother to be buried first before we begin preparation for our father's burial.

We must wait for our siblungs in Yankee to return before we bury the corpse.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Evaromantik(m): 7:20am On Apr 26, 2020
When your Dad buried his father, were they only 20 people?

That's why everyone is patiently waiting, because we know government go still come back to their senses.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by ayomidays: 7:20am On Apr 26, 2020
the real fact is that people are dying from different sickness, . . we shouldnt forget typhoid fever, malerial, lassa fever, hunger among other sickness kills if not treated, ... most hospital both govt nd private rejects patients with normal sickness which has cure but allow them to die bcus there are no treatment bcus even the dr nd nurses are afraid of covid..... old people dies bcus they are afraid of hunger nd virus through fear they develop heart attack and other complications ......... normally, about 150, 000 dies everyday from diff complications but nobody is minding that...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by dazzlingd(m): 7:20am On Apr 26, 2020
angry

Before low IQ people hijack the thread, the governor is not saying coronavirus is responsible for the deaths but dead bodies are piling up because of the lockdown that has prevented people from burying their dead.
So he is encouraging people to do funerals as long as they obey safe practices.

Because I realised that majority are idiots with poor comprehension

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by whytediamond(m): 7:20am On Apr 26, 2020
Guard your heart with all diligence... Na from their life matter dey start. Be careful how you interpret and react to news from social media. These days are not palatable days to some people; these days are also great days of rediscovery, restoration, victory, peace, closer family bond (You can add yours) for so many people too.

Choose carefully.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 26, 2020
That a good move....
Since Abba didn't have 2 head, why can't others bury there people?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by sinkhole: 7:21am On Apr 26, 2020
itsmayiela:
Islamization
of the mortuary? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Write4me(m): 7:21am On Apr 26, 2020
I can see it...this freaking intelligent and hardworking.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 26, 2020
what kind of nonsense is this?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion by Bellotelli: 7:22am On Apr 26, 2020
Why the rush...are they expecting more people to die?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'I Got Addicted To Codeine And Weed After Boko Haram Killed My Husband' - Lady / Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu / Another Mutant Form Of COVID-19 Discovered In Nigeria - Africa CDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.