Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Ideas on Beer Distributorship! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ideas on Beer Distributorship! (8598 Views)

Guinness Reports 83% Drop In Profit As Nigerians Slow Down On Beer Intake / Ideas On Monetizing A Website/ Blog . ( Solved,No more PMs pls) / I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ideas on Beer Distributorship! by lightheart(m): 11:27am On Jan 08, 2011
Please, anyone in the house got any idea on beer distrbutorship?? I've got a warehouse and I'm thinking abt venturing into it. Wat r d prospects?? how does one go abt gettin the license, if dia is any?? In essence, wot r d requirements, prospects, and dimensions to it?? Also, is location an important factor?? I'll be grateful if anyone can help me out on dis!! I trust my NL peeps
Re: Ideas on Beer Distributorship! by EmmaAjayi(m): 12:07pm On Jan 08, 2011
Beer Distributorship is a lucrative business if you're endowed with trustworthy workers. To start with,
1, you need a big well situated warehouse for storage. The site will be inspected by Brewery Officials.
2, You need to have close to =N=100 m in your Bank Account. (Also bear in mind that the Brewery will liase with your bank to get information about your financial records and reliability.
3, Bear in mind that you will also invest in Empty bottles. or(The cost of empty bottles will be deducted from your first purchase following your contract agreement with the said Brewery).
4, It is also advisable you have trucks for self collection & or get involved in the beer haulage as well.
5, Liase with people already in the business for short term apprenticeship. Don't mind to pay for the experience you will get there. Remember money cannot buy experience.
6, You need to have the whole of your time to monitor the business. Don't leave the business wholly in the hands of people to manange for you.

3 Likes

Re: Ideas on Beer Distributorship! by embassyman(m): 11:50pm On Jan 16, 2011
Emma, u got it all right, thats just the best advice i can as well give, to him , but the only thing is that he may not neccesarily have up to that said 100m, maybe a little less sha
Re: Ideas on Beer Distributorship! by girllyug: 7:07am On Feb 08, 2011
pls wot is the minimum amt one needs to be a distributor of NBC or guinness products? not the size of a warehouse,just a sizeable shop. and requriements from these companies. thanks.
Re: Ideas on Beer Distributorship! by LagBlogger(m): 3:36am On Nov 07, 2011
OP you may want to consider How to Set up a bar and beer parlour as an alternative.

But I think going down to brewery companies to make inquiries is another option.

1 Like

Re: Ideas on Beer Distributorship! by lonelydora: 9:29pm On Oct 02, 2017
girllyug:
pls wot is the minimum amt one needs to be a distributor of NBC or guinness products? not the size of a warehouse,just a sizeable shop. and requriements from these companies. thanks.

Nigerian breweries......... 60million

Guinness....................... 100million

Pabod............................ 15million

Mind you, Port Harcourt and Aba are saturated for NB

(1) (Reply)

Get A Reliable Visa/Mastercard Virtual Debit Card For Your Account Verification / Advertised CBN-NFE Loan For Entrepr...-fed Govt 2014 Empow...for Entrep..,a Scam / About To Start A Cattle Rearing Business...anyone In Dat Line Of Trade Here?advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.