Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,821 members, 7,798,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO (21790 Views)

Now That COVID-19 Vaccination Has Begun In Nigeria, Would You Get Vaccinated? / COVID-19: Stop Revealing Details Of Drugs Used For Treatment- FG Warns Survivors / Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by chubinwa(m): 1:42pm On Apr 26, 2020
This virus calls for serious concern. with the exponential level of ripple and death rate, yet no vaccine to nip the pandemic in the bud. God save us
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by SenecaTheYonger: 1:43pm On Apr 26, 2020
GamalNasser:
So how is the Vaccine expected to work when a full infection can't create enough antibodies to stall reinfection so hows a docile vaccine strain of infection expected to guarantee that ?

There will be no vaccine. We’re going to learn to live with it soon, like other reoccurring diseases.

1 Like

Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by Flame4chi(m): 1:45pm On Apr 26, 2020
Please I'm very broke and almost running out of essentials. Please anyone in Kaduna? I'm will to work for Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I don't mind if I can't get an extension of days. I really need funds for sustainability as I'm here alone far from home. I can do anything legal, please.

Zero 8 zero 3 two seventy 82 45. Thanks
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by am4truth(m): 1:45pm On Apr 26, 2020
kponkedenge:
Hopefully we all stay safe and take this thing seriously.
Is not only here in Nigeria people have downplayed the severity of this virus, it is everywhere..... People think it's a joke until it hits them.

Don't wait till you catch the virus before you do the right thing..... Try and maintain social distance and avoid touching doorknobs, railings and physical contact.

Bro, nobody is taking the issue of coro lightly, but the ways and manners our government is handling the pandemic is pitiable.
You can't keep people indoor without considering how they would survive. Most Nigerians are in the informal sectors: they earn based on their daily hustle.
We need to find a balance in between.

1 Like

Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by Artur77: 1:48pm On Apr 26, 2020
Do not underestimate the danger of this virus, it has a longer incubation period than the flu, and there is no vaccine against it except isolation. Let's protect each other and our loved ones !!!
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by Urchman200: 1:55pm On Apr 26, 2020
Whenever you want to hear negative things about this Corona virus find WHO.
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by DAVE5(m): 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
More needs to die..sorry to day but it's the fact.. the world has to be purged

Would you okay with you being one of the purged?
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by Nairalandnigga(m): 1:57pm On Apr 26, 2020
Congratulations to Mercy Johnson for giving birth to a bouncing Baby
Also congrats to Mercy Johnson's Husband, cos without a Husband a Woman can't give birth
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by lakesider(m): 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2020
KingNom:
May God's power heal our land in Jesus Name, Amen!

Do you know you are to live forever, even after putting off your body (i.e death)?

A Human being is actually a spirit residing in a body. Dead body means the person inside (who is a spirit) has left, to meet God for his/her just reward.

To get set for Now and when you will leave your body;
Please accept Jesus into Your Heart as Lord and Saviour TODAY and live for Him!

You are not promised tomorrow!

There's no other Perfect sacrifice for Your sin (they must be paid for before the God Almighty of Justice) Acts 4:12

Adam's sin, which you inherited through bloodline and your sins, have been fully paid for by God's Eternal Word who became a man, Jesus and died in your place (God's mercy) John 3:16

PLEASE SAY:

Dear Loving God, I accept Jesus into my heart as Lord and Saviour TODAY! Thank You for washing my sins away and lovingly making me brand new, your child in Jesus Name, Amen! (Romans 10:9-10, John 1:12-14)

CONGRATULATIONS! You are now a Righteous Child of God! Kindly get and study the Bible and rhapsody of realities regularly. (1Peter 2:1-4)

Please message me for more information. God Bless You ! smiley

Caan you prove all this things
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by tunjijones(m): 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2020
koolpal:
aside ww1 and ww2, educate him then

Spanish flu of 1918 killed more than 500,000 Nigerian and killed more than 50million pple world wide.

Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by Tjohnnay: 2:03pm On Apr 26, 2020
Sluacoast:

And don't you think lifting up the ban wouldn't increase the rate of spread as well.

Wht is the need of this lockdown when we cases are increasing everyday?

Its over one month now still cases are increasing even with lockdown

E get some kind people wey no want make this lockdown end

Na bcus say u get food for houx

1 Like

Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by Collegenews: 2:07pm On Apr 26, 2020
Good to know.
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by DonMekino(m): 2:09pm On Apr 26, 2020
see your fellow Nigerians ooo
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by 01Decent(m): 2:10pm On Apr 26, 2020
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by koolpal(m): 2:11pm On Apr 26, 2020
tunjijones:

Spanish flu of 1918 killed more than 500,000 Nigerian and killed more than 50million pple world wide.
this way he learns and other people to... Not by attacking and leaving him fuming for busting his ego...
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 26, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

If antibodies does not provide immunity, then a vaccine is not possible.
Nothing is impossible!
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by Bacteriologist(m): 2:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
tarantino1:

If the antibodies are not enough to prevent reinfection, it means there is still a high chance of being reinfected by the same strain and one idiot here yesterday was taking about herd immunity.

What are the chances that vaccine would even work?

Herd immunity hasn't worked. As has been seen in the UK. The thing with herd immunity is that people are going to die before it works. That sounds like a mere statement until the people dying is you or someone you know.

Our hope is that these (typo removed) vaccines that are currently under trials are able to be effective for all strains. Vaccines are primarily meant to boost immunity not necessarily make one immune.
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by Charly68: 2:21pm On Apr 26, 2020
This WHO that is dancing forward and backward ...who will believe you now
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by Bacteriologist(m): 2:23pm On Apr 26, 2020
bjtinz:

The question is how many people have been reinfected after a previous infection?

I think it would help if WHO can provide details of such.

It's very hard to get figures because as we all know a lot of people have contracted the virus and recovered without even knowing they were infected. There is strong evidence that a lot of people than recorded have died of the virus.

It is even more difficult to identify those who have contracted the virus and recovered without knowing. Our figures likely have a big error margin in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by Tango123: 2:26pm On Apr 26, 2020
Fibonacci88:
And so?? The flu that kills millions yearly in Europe and America doesn't it reinfect past suvivors? U guys want to put us in perpetual fear so we come cap in hand begging for ur evil vaccines. We know how many times we treat malaria yearly in this part of the world, that doesn't stop us from not going about our normal lives.

Each time you get malaria, u used already developed drugs to treat it

Eqch time somwone gets covid 19, no drug to cure it

Sir, u comparism is not accurate. Comparing apples to avocado pear is not going to be good.

If u want to compare malaria reinfection to covid 19 reinfection, when u get malaria, dont treat it, dont take any anti malaria tablets. Just take only paracetamol and multivitamins.

Or do u not know that there is no drug yet for covid 19. Those who get it are only given pain killers to handle fever, oxygen. No drugs.

1 Like

Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by Opexzy: 2:32pm On Apr 26, 2020
toffyz:
This is serious o

Over 200K deaths and still counting!

No Natural disaster has ever killed that much in the history of the world. NEVER!

Read about the Spanish flu in 1918 sir...?
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by Nairalandmonika: 2:40pm On Apr 26, 2020
eni4real:
Nothing is impossible!

I honestly don't believe WHO on this matter but if it's true, then the other way our should be developing an effective antiviral drugs against the virus.

I will wait for America on this b4 believing.
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by Nairalandmonika: 2:44pm On Apr 26, 2020
Bacteriologist:

It's very hard to get figures because as we all know a lot of people have contracted the virus and recovered without even knowing they were infected. There is strong evidence that a lot of people than recorded have died of the virus.

It is even more difficult to identify those who have contracted the virus and recovered without knowing. Our figures likely have a big error margin in my opinion.
Is not hard, they are doing it in Germany, Singapore, and some other countries already, it's called antibodies test. It's use to test if any one has had it and recover, it's what every country should be doing instead of this rubbish ncdc is doing here.
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by Businesstime: 2:47pm On Apr 26, 2020
toffyz:
This is serious o

Over 200K deaths and still counting!

No Natural disaster has ever killed that much in the history of the world. NEVER!

Spanish flu that killed 50million nko
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by mployer(m): 3:03pm On Apr 26, 2020
Tango123:

Each time you get malaria, u used already developed drugs to treat it

Eqch time somwone gets covid 19, no drug to cure it

Sir, u comparism is not accurate. Comparing apples to avocado pear is not going to be good.

If u want to compare malaria reinfection to covid 19 reinfection, when u get malaria, dont treat it, dont take any anti malaria tablets. Just take only paracetamol and multivitamins.

Or do u not know that there is no drug yet for covid 19. Those who get it are only given pain killers to handle fever, oxygen. No drugs.
If your immune system could heal it the first time, it can heal it again and again.

Don't compare with malaria. We take drugs because immune system can't handle it.

1 Like

Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 26, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

I honestly don't believe WHO on this matter but if it's true, then the other way our should be developing an effective antiviral drugs against the virus.

I will wait for America on this b4 believing.
We will see...
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 26, 2020
alezzy13:
It appears a lot of people have problems with English. You guys should look up the word 'EVIDENCE'.

The body is not saying that the natural antibodies will not work, just that THERE IS INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE TO SUGGEST IT WILL.

They are just advising countries that want to introduce the so called antibody passport to exercise some caution.

Science works with EVIDENCE not imbecilic conspiracy theories.
Abi o
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 26, 2020
Neddyogu:
So in other words, a vaccine is useless. Infact there can't even be a vaccine as this virus doesn't even stimulate the immune system well enough to produce enough antibodies and it mutates too quickly. Imagine Andrew Cuomo gov of NY said the strain of the virus ravaging NY came from Europe and not China meaning we now have New COVID-20. Gawd epp us!
From Europe?? That's serious!!

Be like say the African strain dey indolent oo shocked
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 26, 2020
Nairalandnigga:
Congratulations to Mercy Johnson for giving birth to a bouncing Baby
Also congrats to Mercy Johnson's Husband, cos without a Husband a Woman can't give birth
I like the 2nd part!!
Men should be appreciated too....
The Public must not sideline them when it matter most!!!
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 26, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Herd immunity hasn't worked. As has been seen in the UK. The thing with herd immunity is that people are going to die before it works. That sounds like a mere statement until the people dying is you or someone you know.

Our hope is that these accidents that are currently under trials are able to be effective for all strains. Vaccines are primarily meant to boost immunity not necessarily make one immune.
cc: Nairalandmonika
Re: No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO by jrusky(m): 3:22pm On Apr 26, 2020
Abeg WHO make una go sit a s s somewhere. Find treatment no way, find vaccine no way people catched it and survived it you still say its not all clear then where are you standing WHO? No wonder Trump pulled the US out of your organization because your are too hopeless and useless at this Corona crap monent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) / Reasons You Are More Attractive to Mosquitoes Than Your Neighbors / 15 Early Signs Of Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.