Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,024 members, 7,799,499 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post (84742 Views)

NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban / Chadian Soldiers Free Nigerian Soldiers In Boko Haram Captivity - Daily Post / Kogi Governorship Election 2019 Results From Polling Units By Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by Gordieshegz(m): 6:12pm On Apr 26, 2020
omonnakoda:

Most people who get the virus (> 95% ) will survive
Most people who don't eat will ........

First, recovery rates could be high but not as high as 95% you have stated.

Second, I hope you do understand that the recovery rates could be as low as 15 percent too, even in advanced climes with standard medical settings.

Sir, do not completely use Lagos statistics to reflect on what could happen nationwide. People are poor and suffering in many states of the federation and the reality will differ.

And as a slug, don't think the deaths recorded in kano few days ago weren't caused by covid19 until scientifically proven otherwise..

In all, I get your point bro.
What doesnt kill one makes one stronger..
May the irresponsibility of our government not cause us badly.
Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by mastermaestro(m): 6:13pm On Apr 26, 2020
PraiseGodNoTime:
See as Nigerian Governors just dey take decisions on their own meanwhile there's a president somewhere hidden inside something... Nigeria has NO PRESIDENT!!! AND THERE'S NO BUHARI!!! But una eyes go clear soon..

In a federal system, governors decide for their various states. Stop all this poo about Nigeria not having a president. Trump only gives daily updates. He acknowledges the rights of governors to take steps that suit their individuals States.

Don't seize every opportunity to insult your leaders. Your criticisms should be rational.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by xreal: 6:15pm On Apr 26, 2020
Samm9y:
Please can you people stop all this begging here. If you want to beg you go to the street so we know you’re a beggar. You can afford a smart phone and a sub yet you can’t afford food

You harsh o. grin
Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by annyz: 6:15pm On Apr 26, 2020
HundHunter:

Now that the remote control is missing.

How will they change the TV channels now?

Walk to the TV location and change the station to your choice channel.
Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by am4truth(m): 6:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
Lyoncrescent:
Those living in Sango and Mowe Ibafo both of which are in Ogun State and work in Lagos won't be allowed to go to work but those who live and work in Lagos for the same company as those living in Sango will be allowed ? Interesting times ahead. How i wish The President could be doing this address on Sundays and not on the day the lockdown ends

Exactly my thoughts. Many people in sango otta, and mowe works in Lagos. The same applies to people in masaka and mararaba that works in Abuja.
I guess there would be exceptions.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by omonnakoda: 6:23pm On Apr 26, 2020
Gordieshegz:

First, recovery rates could be high but not as high as 95% you have stated.

Second, I hope you do understand that the recovery rates could be as low as 15 percent too, even in advanced climes with standard medical settings.

Sir, do not completely use Lagos statistics to reflect on what could happen nationwide. People are poor and suffering in many states of the federation and the reality will differ.

And as a slug, don't think the deaths recorded in kano few days ago weren't caused by covid19 until scientifically proven otherwise..

In all, I get your point bro.
What doesnt kill one makes one stronger..
May the irresponsibility of our government not cause us badly.

I did not use the term recovery rate so maybe you can define it
Overall your contribution is interesting but completely tangential to what I said

The fatality rate is the number of people who die out of those who test positive .
The world average figure is about 4.7% according to the WHO last week and in those under 60 it is about 1.3%

So by all means speak to that if you wish but what you said is ,once again, tangential and not congruent with my post.

My point was with that kind of fatality rate,taking into account our young population and our poor resources should we consider a herd immunity approach for the younger population and a more focused strategy for our elder population

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by hgnbello(m): 6:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
ProfDview1:

Trust Nigerian police to allow them so far bribe dey
Na So Oh Bt I Think Dey Shld Nt B Left Alone. Sm Task Force Shld Join Dem.
Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by mcknowles: 6:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
Government lacks creative thinking capacity.

Post Covid19,

Let's plan for ourselves.

Are you considering investing in poultry farming, from our wealth of experience in view of farming and business perspective, we will help you onboard poultry business with zero loss.
Contact us������ https:///2347065314400

Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by kayusely70(m): 6:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
Interstate lockdown+ massive testing+ face mask should work
Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by AAhmdi(m): 6:30pm On Apr 26, 2020

Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by Gofwane(m): 6:30pm On Apr 26, 2020
Gordieshegz:
Hmmm

We, as a nation, have only been presented with two delicate choices: stay at home and probably die of hunger; or go out to fend and possibly get crushed by virus.
I'd rather go out and be crushed than stay in and die anyways.
Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by lagdmark(m): 6:34pm On Apr 26, 2020
Mokason28:
I hate dis B u h a r i so ooo much dat guy has been known for bad news since he assumed office.... Spits out undecided
As you dey hate so much like this you dey give your self high blood pressure and migraine, so free your self and be safe from self inflicted illness.
Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by Nevaaada(m): 6:34pm On Apr 26, 2020
Afrokit:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2020/04/26/buhari-to-effect-nigerian-governors-lockdown-decision-monday/amp/

Request your facemasks and Sanitizers now for just N350
Sanitizers- 700 for 100ml bottle

Call/WhatsApp 08034002463

Stay safe and God bless U all

Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by Web2020: 6:35pm On Apr 26, 2020
Insensitivity fool calling himself president: Trump nailed them here:

_ if 50 years of Independence you have not built the necessary infrastructure for your people are you humans?
_if you sit on gold , diamond,oil, manganese, uranium,and your people don't have food are you humans?
_ if to stay in power you buy weapons from strangers to kill your own citizens ,are you humans?
_ if your social protect is to stay in power for life,are you being human?

_ if you leave your country health Care un attended and treat yourself abroad are you humans?

_ until your leaders think less of themselves and more about your people you are not human but animal

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by Leon90(m): 6:36pm On Apr 26, 2020
Afrokit:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2020/04/26/buhari-to-effect-nigerian-governors-lockdown-decision-monday/amp/

This will be a very dangerous decision. This will create room for the virus to spread easily. This will be favourable in Western countries where there are medical infrastructures.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by Mokason28: 6:42pm On Apr 26, 2020
lagdmark:

As you dey hate so much like this you dey give your self high blood pressure and migraine, so free your self and be safe from self inflicted illness.
Buhari can never cuz me hypertension or migraine... because I’m a child of the most HIGH... my help doesn’t come FG or Buhari
Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by Awe4luv(m): 6:43pm On Apr 26, 2020
does it mean we will be able to enter into banking halls again?
Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by juman(m): 6:44pm On Apr 26, 2020
We cant copy how sensible countries handling corona issue because we dont have sensible country here.

The lockdown with extreme hunger does not make any sense.
Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 26, 2020
udumosam23:

I'll rather take my chances with the virus. If I sit at home and die of hunger, I die a cowards death. If I go out to struggle and got caught by the virus I die a hero.

The virus has only 1.3% chance of killing you but hunger own is 100% sure.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by olax02(m): 6:55pm On Apr 26, 2020
HundHunter:

Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by miketayo(m): 6:55pm On Apr 26, 2020
Avalancheman:

People will the virus within the state will recover with little or no treatment... kiss

Lol if it was that easy we won't be in this mess.. infact the world won't be in this mess.
Even people that were got cured tested positive again.
Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by Avalancheman: 6:58pm On Apr 26, 2020
miketayo:

Lol if it was that easy we won't be in this mess.. infact the world won't be in this mess.
Even people that were got cured tested positive again.

We are NOT in any mess! And if at all we are in any, it is self-inflicted!!

Coronavirus is NOT for Africa!!! The LORD has been so good to us... smiley

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by miketayo(m): 7:00pm On Apr 26, 2020
Avalancheman:

We are NOT in any mess! And if at all we are in any, it is self-inflicted!!

Coronavirus is NOT for Africa!!! The LORD has been so good to us... smiley

Hehehhe amen o
Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by Bobyro: 7:03pm On Apr 26, 2020
Gordieshegz:
Hmmm

We, as a nation, have only been presented with two delicate choices: stay at home and probably die of hunger; or go out to fend and possibly get crushed by virus.

Between the risks of going into a satan's teeth or staying put in a devil's claws. Either way, a deadly choice!

The thing don tire me jare
You are far too wise for this world grin
Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by 7abibi(m): 7:03pm On Apr 26, 2020
favour32:
Dangote cement trailers dey move anywhere.
Na agricultural product be cement?
Haulage vehicles dey waka for nights but police dey for many boundaries.How Dem waka?
Anything who una like make una do. But all I know, nobody, I repeat,nobody go use empty belle stay inside house even if una use guns face the person.
grin grin
Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 26, 2020
Mokason28:
I hate dis B u h a r i so ooo much dat guy has been known for bad news since he assumed office.... Spits out undecided

After he bought your vote for N500 tongue
Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by Radicalman(m): 7:07pm On Apr 26, 2020
HundHunter:

Use the the TV button please grin sad
Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 26, 2020
Your topic is wrong oo. It's 'Approve', not 'effect'
Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by HundHunter(m): 7:10pm On Apr 26, 2020
annyz:

Walk to the TV location and change the station to your choice channel.

Forget that Buhari is not moved by physical contact. If you doubt me ask Aisha.
Re: Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post by Femeto: 7:10pm On Apr 26, 2020
Has their not been interstate lockdown in Lagos and Ogun? They sha wan extended this thing by force.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Your God Is Powerless And Useless - Dr Olufunmilayo Reacts To Deborah's Death / APC And PDP Supporters Parked Their Cars In Church In Benin Today / Photo: Inec Staff That Were Killed Today In Dukku Lga Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.