Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,436 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim (2518 Views)

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / Commercial Driver Prays As A Muslim, Christian And Traditionalist Before A Trip / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by IamMichael(m): 12:21pm On Apr 28, 2020
NuclearReactor:

There are many medical reasons behind children being born with illnesses, most are genetic, transferred from parent to children, whatever the case, many times the natural laws of medicine were at work... This time to the disadvantage of such children, Blaming God for the not so nice results of the many things that happen naturally and not even giving him due praise for the good ones is just plain silly
Only Christians and Muslims blame Satan, the alleged God's creation for everything wrong in the world and in their lives.

According to your religion, sin manifested directly first under God's watch in heaven. According to your bible, one of the perpetrators of this sin was one who was immensely powerful, powerful enough to be everywhere at the same time just like your God. He was also God's favourite creation, then he rebelled against his creator. However, your creators solutions to the problem of solving the sin issue is to cast him down to earth where God recently created new children.
This new children, unlike the alleged Satan, are weak, less powerful and basically brainless as they were put in a garden and locked up with no knowledge of anything else rather than to eat food food and play around just like children do.

Then your God decides it will be interesting to see if he puts a certain tree in the garden that gives knowledge. He puts this tree in the middle of the garden with children in it.
Then when the children satisfied their curiosity as children should, your God blames Satan for it.

Mind you, your bible said God is all-knowing. Using that logic, it means that this God already knows that this children in the garden will certainly go to the tree and eat the fruit from it.
If one denies this, one also denies that this Christian God is not all-knowing as he claimed because in another sentence of the bible, he regretted creating this children.
How can an all-knowing omniscient God regret?

Then, your God in his almighty wisdom decided to cast down Satan and other high ranking officials who is probably millions of years old among his children, then tells his children to not yield to the demand's of his newly demoted powerful angels.
Then, this God starts campaign of hate for the angels he cast down from his precious heaven to earth among his earthly children...
Then he sends one of his sons to come to earth to save his children from the rebelling angels he cast down to earth...

Story, story...Story!!!
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by kingxsamz(m): 12:41pm On Apr 28, 2020
NuclearReactor:

Throughout scriptures they are few instances where the questions of how was God created is addressed!! But we inherently believe God was uncreated, that other things were created doesn't make it a must for God to be Created!!!

But it is a must that this universe was created by God?
Abeg shift, with your bias opinion.

1 Like

Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by IamMichael(m): 12:57pm On Apr 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

He is going to tell you next about the "Uncreated First Cause".
A blind argument which @Shadeyinka propagates as proposed by theological authors!!!
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 28, 2020
IamMichael:

Lol... True worshipper's indeed.

I have met with hundreds of your alleged true worshipper's, and there is nothing to show that there is any correlation between what they claim to worship and what a mentally delusional person experiences.

This is a an ongoing thread in Nairaland:

https://www.nairaland.com/5780709/thread-mental-emancipation-indoctrinated-religious

I have exposed a lot of Nigerian (Christians) poor claims with regards to religion and their alleged experiences with God.
When i even probed one of the true christians further @southniyikaye in the above thread, he revealed that God saved him from a snake bite in his bathroom/toilet. However, after exposing his Ignorance on his lack of caution and environment being the primary reason why snake almost bit him in his bathroom/toilet, he became angry. Typical attitude of true worshipper's who are always ready to assign to God what they don't understand/know!!!
Whenever you disprove their silly claim exactly for what it is, they become angry or they run away.

In the same thread, two of the true christian believers @aadoiza and shadeyinka said i should go look for God myself instead of running around Nairaland looking for the coordinates, implying that obviously, he himself @aadoiza has found God.
So, i asked one of them this simple questions:

As I expected, he ran away!!!
So, if you are truly a true christian as you alleged, those questions are open to you to answer as well!

Regards!!!

are you cursed? Is your generation cursed? Do you lack home training? Do you want to be unfortunate in life?
Are you deranged?
Is your father a nonentity?. How many times do I have to sound it to you to stop quoting me?
Are you cursed?
Abi ko fe daa fun e ni?
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 28, 2020
IamMichael:

I don't understand?

I've presented the one and only TRUE Christian Organization to you, only for you to start joking as if you're no more serious about your inquiries!

That's why i said

"since you've discovered the way to distinguish between falsehood and pure worship, if you're now tired of the quest, i'll leave you with your friends so that you can continue entertaining yourself" smiley
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by NuclearReactor: 2:13pm On Apr 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lol, my opinion is biased...
God created things, he is uncreated... That's what makes him all powerful... Nothing gave him being...
That's not so easy for the human mind to come to terms with, it even boggles the mind of even me that is telling you... But I realize that I must not be able to understand everything to believe, I only need to believe the the one who understands everything...
One would choose which to hold on to, either our weak and limited understanding or the innate knowledge we have in your heart about this things(God put it there that's why he expects us to believe it in the first place)
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by NuclearReactor: 2:23pm On Apr 28, 2020
IamMichael:

Only Christians and Muslims blame Satan, the alleged God's creation for everything wrong in the world and in their lives.

According to your religion, sin manifested directly first under God's watch in heaven. According to your bible, one of the perpetrators of this sin was one who was immensely powerful, powerful enough to be everywhere at the same time just like your God. He was also God's favourite creation, then he rebelled against his creator. However, your creators solutions to the problem of solving the sin issue is to cast him down to earth where God recently created new children.
This new children, unlike the alleged Satan, are weak, less powerful and basically brainless as they were put in a garden and locked up with no knowledge of anything else rather than to eat food food and play around just like children do.

Then your God decides it will be interesting to see if he puts a certain tree in the garden that gives knowledge. He puts this tree in the middle of the garden with children in it.
Then when the children satisfied their curiosity as children should, your God blames Satan for it.

Mind you, your bible said God is all-knowing. Using that logic, it means that this God already knows that this children in the garden will certainly go to the tree and eat the fruit from it.
If one denies this, one also denies that this Christian God is not all-knowing as he claimed because in another sentence of the bible, he regretted creating this children.
How can an all-knowing omniscient God regret?

Then, your God in his almighty wisdom decided to cast down Satan and other high ranking officials who is probably millions of years old among his children, then tells his children to not yield to the demand's of his newly demoted powerful angels.
Then, this God starts campaign of hate for the angels he cast down from his precious heaven to earth among his earthly children...
Then he sends one of his sons to come to earth to save his children from the rebelling angels he cast down to earth...

Story, story...Story!!!
Those who blame Satan for everything are ignorant...
God created mam with freewill, that's his design of man, one cannot be regarded as obedient without having a chance to disobey... His children weren't brainless they conversed with God in the garden occasionally, so they had convictions of his nature and expectations, but they choose to disobey, they had to choose between satisfying their curiosity and obeying God...
Yes humans have the ability to make him regret, yeah, cause as omniscient as he is he still has emotions which humans can hurt by the freewill he gave them
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by NuclearReactor: 2:31pm On Apr 28, 2020
LordReed:

Yes so your god is responsible for everything both good and bad. Your god creates newborns with cancer and other debilitating conditions, such a wonderful god.
He isnt responsible for everything...
The freewill man possess have tremendous effect on what happens both with them and the world in general...
There are principles established in the earth that govern the results we experience here, those principles are highly respected by even the one who created them- God...
What makes him all powerful is that no matter the results from mans action he has the power to ochestrate for his purposes
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by LordReed(m): 2:44pm On Apr 28, 2020
NuclearReactor:

He isnt responsible for everything...
The freewill man possess have tremendous effect on what happens both with them and the world in general...
There are principles established in the earth that govern the results we experience here, those principles are highly respected by even the one who created them- God...
What makes him all powerful is that no matter the results from mans action he has the power to ochestrate for his purposes

Now comes the dodge. You just claimed that it wasn't parents that created children it is your god, now you don't want your god to have the responsibility anymore because it is a negative outcome. When it is good it is god when it is bad it is someone else, how narcissistic can you get? It's either your god created everything and therefore takes responsibility or he didn't and has no responsibility. He cannot have created it and take no responsibility, that's not the way things work.

1 Like

Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by IamMichael(m): 2:44pm On Apr 28, 2020
NuclearReactor:

Those who blame Satan for everything are ignorant...
God created mam with freewill, that's his design of man, one cannot be regarded as obedient without having a chance to disobey... His children weren't brainless they conversed with God in the garden occasionally, so they had convictions of his nature and expectations, but they choose to disobey, they had to choose between satisfying their curiosity and obeying God...
Yes humans have the ability to make him regret, yeah, cause as omniscient as he is he still has emotions which humans can hurt by the freewill he gave them
@bolded, really. So this God, an alleged spirit has emotions too?
Ewoo!!! Wonder's shall never end!!!

You guys say your God is all-knowing omniscient, but I'm sure your fellow Christians will be totally disappointed in your answer.

Here is another christian admitting that their all powerful God has weaknesses...
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by IamMichael(m): 2:54pm On Apr 28, 2020
Maximus69:

I've presented the one and only TRUE Christian Organization to you, only for you to start joking as if you're no more serious about your inquiries!

That's why i said

"since you've discovered the way to distinguish between falsehood and pure worship, if you're now tired of the quest, i'll leave you with your friends so that you can continue entertaining yourself" smiley
No no no... I just gave you back exactly what you replied me.
That same way the post sounded to you, that same way the story looked to you is exactly the same way what you wrote sounds/appear to me.

You see how it was easy for you to write it off? That's exactly how easy it was for me to write off the same exact thing you wrote...

What is the main reason for your writing the story off? I'm guessing it's because it doesn't make sense to you based on your current religious beliefs.
The reason i also wrote yours off instantly is because it doesn't conform to common reason. It sounds more like things straight out of comics book.

So, I hope you begin to get the point at least.
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by NuclearReactor: 3:24pm On Apr 28, 2020
IamMichael:

@bolded, really. So this God, an alleged spirit has emotions too?
Ewoo!!! Wonder's shall never end!!!

You guys say your God is all-knowing omniscient, but I'm sure your fellow Christians will be totally disappointed in your answer.

Here is another christian admitting that their all powerful God has weaknesses...
A persons emotions doesn't make them weak, Jesus cried, he felt pity, he still wasn't weak...
Emotions when controlled and properly reacted to can be a driving force for good...
If a person never had trust and expectation towards another he/she won't feel disappointed by such persons misbehaviour, so because he had positive expectations towards people he can be let down and hurt...
What makes him different from humans is he doesn't react to emotions like humans!!
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by Arkmanbuddy(m): 3:40pm On Apr 28, 2020
IamMichael:

Your definition is shallow and restricted to only sèxual intercourses!
First of all, try and look at the meaning of the word "create" then come back and read the post again.
Will you say because Bill Gates owns Microsoft which created MS-Word, therefore every document created by MS-Word is owned by Bill Gates?
Will you say because Mr Z created Piano, therefore every tune created on the Piano is owned by Mr Z?

This is exactly what/how your argument sounds!

I think you're confused as to the very definition of creation. Let me put it simply: who created Toyota cars? Toyota company, right? But the company is only an entity, robots and humans produce the cars in their factories, but the name Toyota is said as the producer. The reason is that the company has already created a system: robotic automation, and skilled engineers to create the cars.

Anywhere you see a Toyota car, you always refer to them by the name of the company as the producer. The same is with God, he has created a system for Mass production of the human species like the one he himself molded.

Lest I forget, if you have knowledge of hydraulics in machine production, you'd realize that a product being produced always has the shape of the machine or tool molding it. The same with cars chasis, and other body parts.

Also, every part in a Toyota car is said to be produced by the company, not the workers in the company.
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 28, 2020
IamMichael:

No no no... I just gave you back exactly what you replied me.
That same way the post sounded to you, that same way the story looked to you is exactly the same way what you wrote sounds/appear to me.

You see how it was easy for you to write it off? That's exactly how easy it was for me to write off the same exact thing you wrote...

What is the main reason for your writing the story off? I'm guessing it's because it doesn't make sense to you based on your current religious beliefs.
The reason i also wrote yours off instantly is because it doesn't conform to common reason. It sounds more like things straight out of comics book.

So, I hope you begin to get the point at least.

And i hope to see you and your fellow atheists form a global family of peace loving people with your theories! smiley

What i presented to you is not just a story from a comic book.

To illustrate, imagine a city where people are getting sick and the illnesses is on the increase, many claims to be professors in chemistry and they are telling people that they can provide a solution to the pandemic.

There were three Chemistry institutions, the first is making lots of textbooks with all forms of theories, expecting people to make use of the textbooks and find solution to the problem on their own.

Second institution make fewer textbooks but built gigantic laboratories with all types of equipments, and makes advertisement in all social media yet the sick people going there never got cured.

The third institution made just one single textbook and built small laboratories in every corner of the town, but whoever goes to the laboratories and follow the prescribed dosage of their drugs is cured.

Please who will you rate as qualified in the field? smiley

Well the first institution is ATHEISM, you people makes lots and lots of books about planets and so many other philosophies but failed woefully to cure the real problem facing mankind ~ Hatred cursed by Racism, Politics, Sexual promiscuity, Juvenile delinquencies and the rest.
Each year millions are been killed directly or indirectly due to this psychological illnesses and ATHEISM could only argue argue and argue with nothing to solve or ease the tension!

The second institution is false religions, this ones have fewer books because unlike atheists they do lesser reading but built gigantic religious edifices all over the place, their countless doctrines, standards and morals are like the equipments in their laboratories. But by the end of the day none has succeeded in curing their adherents of Hatred cursed by Racism, Politics, Sexual promiscuity, Juvenile delinquencies and all other hurtful human traits. Rather it has escalated to bigger problems!

The third institution is God's Organization (Jehovah's Witnesses), this one have just one textbook in the sense that all what they believe (trust) is that book! They built smaller laboratories in the sense that they made little worship centers and zealous in preaching and teaching program (inviting the sick to come and get cured), all those who followed their prescribed dosages (the teachings of Jesus Christ) are cured!
That's why they're able to bring people from all nations, tribes and tongues under one umbrella to form one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers!

So my friend, let me see how ATHEISM has solved the problems of hatred amongst ATHEISTS from different races, class and gender before coming to say the achievement of God's people should be trashed like comic books! wink

1 Like

Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by kingxsamz(m): 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2020
NuclearReactor:

Lol, my opinion is biased...
God created things, he is uncreated... That's what makes him all powerful... Nothing gave him being...
That's not so easy for the human mind to come to terms with, it even boggles the mind of even me that is telling you... But I realize that I must not be able to understand everything to believe, I only need to believe the the one who understands everything...
One would choose which to hold on to, either our weak and limited understanding or the innate knowledge we have in your heart about this things(God put it there that's why he expects us to believe it in the first place)

According to @ OtemAtum, your god was created by another god. And is being held in a spiritual cage.
What makes you right and him wrong? undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by IamMichael(m): 5:54pm On Apr 28, 2020
NuclearReactor:

A persons emotions doesn't make them weak, Jesus cried, he felt pity, he still wasn't weak...
Emotions when controlled and properly reacted to can be a driving force for good...
If a person never had trust and expectation towards another he/she won't feel disappointed by such persons misbehaviour, so because he had positive expectations towards people he can be let down and hurt...
What makes him different from humans is he doesn't react to emotions like humans!!
Sorry bro, you already ended your argument right before you even started it.
You already said and have buttressed the fact that your God has emotions, and that emotions are not weakness on the part of your God...

Already, everything you said goes against :
Jeremiah 1:5 ►
New International Version
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

Here, your bible claims that God is all-knowing, yet he regrets...
How do you justify an all-knowing omniscient God regretting in line with the above quotation?
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by IamMichael(m): 6:21pm On Apr 28, 2020
Maximus69:

And i hope to see you and your fellow atheists form a global family of peace loving people with your theories! smiley

What i presented to you is not just a story from a comic book.

To illustrate, imagine a city where people are getting sick and the illnesses is on the increase, many claims to be professors in chemistry and they are telling people that they can provide a solution to the pandemic.

There were three Chemistry institutions, the first is making lots of textbooks with all forms of theories, expecting people to make use of the textbooks and find solution to the problem on their own.

Second institution make fewer textbooks but built gigantic laboratories with all types of equipments, and makes advertisement in all social media yet the sick people going there never got cured.

The third institution made just one single textbook and built small laboratories in every corner of the town, but whoever goes to the laboratories and follow the prescribed dosage of their drugs is cured.

Please who will you rate as qualified in the field? smiley

Well the first institution is ATHEISM, you people makes lots and lots of books about planets and so many other philosophies but failed woefully to cure the real problem facing mankind ~ Hatred cursed by Racism, Politics, Sexual promiscuity, Juvenile delinquencies and the rest.
Each year millions are been killed directly or indirectly due to this psychological illnesses and ATHEISM could only argue argue and argue with nothing to solve or ease the tension!

The second institution is false religions, this ones have fewer books because unlike atheists they do lesser reading but built gigantic religious edifices all over the place, their countless doctrines, standards and morals are like the equipments in their laboratories. But by the end of the day none has succeeded in curing their adherents of Hatred cursed by Racism, Politics, Sexual promiscuity, Juvenile delinquencies and all other hurtful human traits. Rather it has escalated to bigger problems!

The third institution is God's Organization (Jehovah's Witnesses), this one have just one textbook in the sense that all what they believe (trust) is that book! They built smaller laboratories in the sense that they made little worship centers and zealous in preaching and teaching program (inviting the sick to come and get cured), all those who followed their prescribed dosages (the teachings of Jesus Christ) are cured!
That's why they're able to bring people from all nations, tribes and tongues under one umbrella to form one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers!

So my friend, let me see how ATHEISM has solved the problems of hatred amongst ATHEISTS from different races, class and gender before coming to say the achievement of God's people should be trashed like comic books! wink

- Firstly, I'm not an atheist, i am a freethinker...note the difference through proper research.
- Secondly, it's good thing that you recognized some of the things the alleged atheists have done.
However, the things( Hatred cursed by Racism, Politics, Sexual promiscuity, Juvenile delinquencies and the rest.) you listed as what they couldn't cure are things inherent in places where religious beliefs are very high.
Look at your own religion, Christianity for instance, have killed more people than World War I and II. When you add Islam to the equation, the number is even more staggering...now add all the traditional religion of every country in the world prior to civilization and industrialization, I mean the stage in human history referred to as the stone age.
However, I will like for you to show me just one time in history atheist's gathered together and collectively decided to start murdering others because they didn't believe in their logical reasoning.
Again, in your own religion, it appears like your own sect is the outcast. It's like other sects deride yours so much, the jokes are told nationally and made caricature of.
Christianity has more than twenty thousand sects, with each claiming their way is the proper method to worship God. The hypocrisy and bigotry then proceeds to the government office's.
It turns to an US v THEM.
Everything you do, you do it along religious lines...creating divisions... When help is needed, sect is the consideration, rather than the fact that this is just another fellow human.

Atheism can only solve the problems you listed if everyone started using their common sense of reasoning rather than trying to defend illogical and absurd imaginary fantasies they read in some alleged mythological book.
Yes, that is what they're, myth's. Atheism can only help get rid of this problems because Atheism means "disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods."
Apparently, this God/god's are causing more division than unity...

1 Like

Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by IamMichael(m): 6:30pm On Apr 28, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:

I think you're confused as to the very definition of creation. Let me put it simply: who created Toyota cars? Toyota company, right? But the company is only an entity, robots and humans produce the cars in their factories, but the name Toyota is said as the producer. The reason is that the company has already created a system: robotic automation, and skilled engineers to create the cars.

Anywhere you see a Toyota car, you always refer to them by the name of the company as the producer. The same is with God, he has created a system for Mass production of the human species like the one he himself molded.

Lest I forget, if you have knowledge of hydraulics in machine production, you'd realize that a product being produced always has the shape of the machine or tool molding it. The same with cars chasis, and other body parts.

Also, every part in a Toyota car is said to be produced by the company, not the workers in the company.
Please, what are you saying? I honestly don't know what you talking about or whatever it is you believe you are talking about.
Care to make me understand how i am confusing myself with my reply to him?
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 28, 2020
IamMichael:

- Firstly, I'm not an atheist, i am a freethinker...note the difference through proper research.
- Secondly, it's good thing that you recognized some of the things the alleged atheists have done.
However, the things( Hatred cursed by Racism, Politics, Sexual promiscuity, Juvenile delinquencies and the rest.) you listed as what they couldn't cure are things inherent in places where religious beliefs are very high.
Look at your own religion, Christianity for instance, have killed more people than World War I and II. When you add Islam to the equation, the number is even more staggering...now add all the traditional religion of every country in the world prior to civilization and industrialization, I mean the stage in human history referred to as the stone age.
However, I will like for you to show me just one time in history atheist's gathered together and collectively decided to start murdering others because they didn't believe in their logical reasoning.
Again, in your own religion, it appears like your own sect is the outcast. It's like other sects deride yours so much, the jokes are told nationally and made caricature of.
Christianity has more than twenty thousand sects, with each claiming their way is the proper method to worship God. The hypocrisy and bigotry then proceeds to the government office's.
It turns to an US v THEM.
Everything you do, you do it along religious lines...creating divisions... When help is needed, sect is the consideration, rather than the fact that this is just another fellow human.

Atheism can only solve the problems you listed if everyone started using their common sense of reasoning rather than trying to defend illogical and absurd imaginary fantasies they read in some alleged mythological book.
Yes, that is what they're, myth's. Atheism can only help get rid of this problems because Atheism means "disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods."
Apparently, this God/god's are causing more division than unity...

Obviously you're not reading with care!

Your freethinking made you turn away from all reasonableness.

I said there is just one single Christian religion and it's known today as Jehovah's Witnesses Organization!

It is totally against our belief to carry weapons for any reason whatsoever!

All those killers are not Christians!

I've told you this from the beginning of my comments!

That's why a Bible scholar said there is no freethinking, all processed freethinkers are psychopaths!
If not so, how come you are accusing true Christians of killing after i've told you that true Christians don't have any condemned enemy that's worthy of death from our own doctrines? undecided

And for your information, there is no way you or any other person can erase people's thoughts without preaching and teaching to convince them. So the idea that people will just wake up one day and become atheists is a dream that will never come to pass! smiley
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by IamMichael(m): 8:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
Maximus69:

Obviously you're not reading with care!

Your freethinking made you turn away from all reasonableness.

I said there is just one single Christian religion and it's known today as Jehovah's Witnesses Organization!

It is totally against our belief to carry weapons for any reason whatsoever!

All those killers are not Christians!

I've told you this from the beginning of my comments!

That's why a Bible scholar said there is no freethinking, all processed freethinkers are psychopaths!
If not so, how come you are accusing true Christians of killing after i've told you that true Christians don't have any condemned enemy that's worthy of death from our own doctrines? undecided

And for your information, there is no way you or any other person can erase people's thoughts without preaching and teaching to convince them. So the idea that people will just wake up one day and become atheists is a dream that will never come to pass! smiley

Well, according to you, Jehovah Witnesses are the actual true christians.

According to the other Christians, you guys have contradictory teachings and partake in beliefs alien to them. To them, they are also the actual christians while the Jehovah Witnesses are false Christians.

As for me, I'm just here to watch while telling the two of you to use your common sense.

Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
If we are to make use of our common sense, there will never be PEACE on this planet, in fact it's going to be a catastrophe! embarassed

It's like most of you guys don't have a rethink over what you have in mind before spewing it into the air!

For your information, common sense means the way freethinkers view matters, in this instance each person will first think of what will benefit him personally.

So tell me how such will yield a positive result?

A perfect example of what we're saying here is the busy road we take everyday. Imagine what will happen if there is no traffic rule!

You, i and every other road user each wants to make use of his/her common sense! embarassed

In the same way, there is no sense expecting intelligent beings each having a mind of his/her own, aims and objectives to do things in an orderly manner when nothing is controlling their thoughts!

That's why most nations trying to eradicate religion finds it really difficult to practice capitalism, because you can't expect people having different mindsets and tasks to willingly subject themselves to the same rule! smiley
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
IamMichael:

Well, according to you, Jehovah Witnesses are the actual true christians.

According to the other Christians, you guys have contradictory teachings and partake in beliefs alien to them. To them, they are also the actual christians while the Jehovah Witnesses are false Christians.

As for me, I'm just here to watch while telling the two of you to use your common sense.

Let me be plain to you now! smiley

If you're not one of Jehovah's Witnesses, you're as good as an atheist or freethinker.

For your information, everyone else is trying to use their so called common sense, in that they choose what pleases them at the same time claiming they're on God's side. ATHEISM only came out plainly to reveal the real thought behind the minds of 99.9% of earth's inhabitants.

So as long as you pick the religion of your choice or feel like erasing all forms of heartfelt dedication, you're an unbeliever to us!

A true Christian will live the rest of his life from the moment he dedicate his life to our God for Jesus NOT FOR HIMSELF ANYMORE!

So we have rules like that of the traffic that helps us to determine (to an extent) what our fellow believer will do in a certain situation. That's why we can travel to any part of this planet and be rest assured that we are safe with our fellow believer (JW).

None of you can try that because each of you still feel like making use of his/her common sense, which makes you uncertain of what the other person might do to you in the face of Racial or Political strife! smiley

So the more you look the less you see my friend, all of you are on the same side. Satan is just deceiving you making you feel you're better than each other whereas all of you are influenced by the situation Satan put you. True Christians will make decisions based on what we learnt from Jesus no matter the situation we find ourselves!

That's why there is completely trust in our minds whenever we find ourselves in the hands of a JW from anywhere! smiley
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by IamMichael(m): 8:34pm On Apr 28, 2020
Maximus69:
If we are to make use of our common sense, there will never be PEACE on this planet, in fact it's going to be a catastrophe! embarassed

It's like most of you guys don't have a rethink over what you have in mind before spewing it into the air!

For your information, common sense means the way freethinkers view matters, in this instance each person will first think of what will benefit him personally.

So tell me how such will yield a positive result?

A perfect example of what we're saying here is the busy road we take everyday. Imagine what will happen if there is no traffic rule!

You, i and every other road user each wants to make use of his/her common sense! embarassed

In the same way, there is no sense expecting intelligent beings each having a mind of his/her own, aims and objectives to do things in an orderly manner when nothing is controlling their thoughts!

That's why most nations trying to eradicate religion finds it really difficult to practice capitalism, because you can't expect people having different mindsets and tasks to willingly subject themselves to the same rule! smiley
If everyone used their common sense, then we will not hear of God said this or God didn't say that. And if that happens, people will actually concentrate on making their immediate environment better rather than the imaginary thought of an immortal life somewhere built with gold.
Every religious associated ill will vanish, and the society will prosper. If Nigeria had good health system, people won't be going to Pastors/Priests to seek for non-existent miracle's and healings.
If government and private vacancies are published, religious affiliation will no longer come to play, wiping out religious nepotism and discrimination.
The progress of the society can no longer be dulled because some people believe scientific progress will disprove most of the myths in their religion.
You are enjoying Nairaland today, a platform built and owned by an atheist. If it was a Muslim or Christian that owned the platform, it won't be long before the religious bigotry takes over, which will result in censoring of information or outright deleting of information contradictory to their religious belief's.

So, yeah, the world Will be a much better place without religious beliefs. Religion is what is dragging Nigeria backwards... It's always Christians v Muslim's all the time... Religion has always been the problem of Places with bad governance and poor leadership.
Places where the people are less religious are the most prosperous peaceful. Little wonder why if after destroying your countries with religious bigotry, you want to run to this prosperous peaceful countries; countries that realised years ago that religious beliefs are myths and a form of mental illness. Religious beliefs are even classified as a medical condition which needs same psychiatric treatment as someone with schizophrenia or insane delusion.
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by IamMichael(m): 8:49pm On Apr 28, 2020
Maximus69:

Let me be plain to you now! smiley

If you're not one of Jehovah's Witnesses, you're as good as an atheist or freethinker.

For your information, everyone else is trying to use their so called common sense, in that they choose what pleases them at the same time claiming they're on God's side. ATHEISM only came out plainly to reveal the real thought behind the minds of 99.9% of earth's inhabitants.

So as long as you pick the religion of your choice or feel like erasing all forms of heartfelt dedication, you're an unbeliever to us!

A true Christian will live the rest of his life from the moment he dedicate his life to our God for Jesus NOT FOR HIMSELF ANYMORE!

So we have rules like that of the traffic that helps us to determine (to an extent) what our fellow believer will do in a certain situation. That's why we can travel to any part of this planet and be rest assured that we are safe with our fellow believer (JW).

None of you can try that because each of you still feel like making use of his/her common sense, which makes you uncertain of what the other person might do to you in the face of Racial or Political strife! smiley

So the more you look the less you see my friend, all of you are on the same side. Satan is just deceiving you making you feel you're better than each other whereas all of you are influenced by the situation Satan put you. True Christians will make decisions based on what we learnt from Jesus no matter the situation we find ourselves!

That's why there is completely trust in our minds whenever we find ourselves in the hands of a JW from anywhere! smiley

I have lived with JW(also had acquaintances back then), and at least there are things I know about you guys from a personal point of view from direct interactions.

There is no difference between you guy's and the other christians. You guys are just trying too hard to be different, that's all.
You guys cheat, fornicate and forcefully deny your women from inter-marrying with people of other faith. You guys discriminate against people that are not from your sect, and as you rightly said, you believe they are all liars and Satan...

So, you see what religion is causing between you and your fellow human beings?
Once a human being doesn't believe in your religious beliefs, they become the enemy automatically, while you become the good guy!!! angry cheesy
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 28, 2020
IamMichael:

If everyone used their common sense, then we will not hear of God said this or God didn't say that. And if that happens, people will actually concentrate on making their immediate environment better rather than the imaginary thought of an immortal life somewhere built with gold.
Every religious associated ill will vanish, and the society will prosper. If Nigeria had good health system, people won't be going to Pastors/Priests to seek for non-existent miracle's and healings.
If government and private vacancies are published, religious affiliation will no longer come to play, wiping out religious nepotism and discrimination.
The progress of the society can no longer be dulled because some people believe scientific progress will disprove most of the myths in their religion.
You are enjoying Nairaland today, a platform built and owned by an atheist. If it was a Muslim or Christian that owned the platform, it won't be long before the religious bigotry takes over, which will result in censoring of information or outright deleting of information contradictory to their religious belief's.

So, yeah, the world Will be a much better place without religious beliefs. Religion is what is dragging Nigeria backwards... It's always Christians v Muslim's all the time... Religion has always been the problem of Places with bad governance and poor leadership.
Places where the people are less religious are the most prosperous peaceful. Little wonder why if after destroying your countries with religious bigotry, you want to run to this prosperous peaceful countries; countries that realised years ago that religious beliefs are myths and a form of mental illness. Religious beliefs are even classified as a medical condition which needs same psychiatric treatment as someone with schizophrenia or insane delusion.

You're looking at one side of the coin but rendered yourself blind to the other side! smiley

First of all true Christians don't even dabble into politics, we don't vote neither can you find one member of Jehovah's Witnesses in any political office!

Our belief is reasoning together with our fellowman on the best way of life there is.
God comes to our mind mainly when it's time to deal with our fellowman. It's totally wrong to quote the laws of our God when dealing with someone who doesn't believe in his standards, so as long as we have an agreement we stick strictly to the agreement we make with you.

You're really mistaking my friend, you don't know a single thing about true Christians! smiley
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 28, 2020
IamMichael:

I have lived with JW(also had acquaintances back then), and at least there are things I know about you guys from a personal point of view from direct interactions.

There is no difference between you guy's and the other christians. You guys are just trying too hard to be different, that's all.
You guys cheat, fornicate and forcefully deny your women from inter-marrying with people of other faith. You guys discriminate against people that are not from your sect, and as you rightly said, you believe they are all liars and Satan...

So, you see what religion is causing between you and your fellow human beings?
Once a human being doesn't believe in your religious beliefs, they become the enemy automatically, while you become the good guy!!! angry cheesy

Where you are missing the mark is your misuse of the word religion!

Now try to replace each place you put religion with agreement.

What you don't know is Jehovah's Witnesses study the Bible with our neighbours and after the thorough study and meditation, some of our friends often decide to live by the same standard as we do.
If we find out after thorough scrutiny that you are truthfully prepared to join the global family, then you'll have all the privileges that family members do enjoy.
For instance marrying one of Jehovah's Witnesses from any part of the earth, being welcomed into the homes of JWs in any part of the earth, praying with any member of Jehovah's Witnesses wherever you go and so on.

But if you choose not to become one of us, it simply means you don't like or can't live by our standards so you can't have any of the privileges enjoyed by those who have vowed to live by our moral standards!

So instead of calling it religion just say agreement! smiley
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 28, 2020
Agreeing to live by standards that's not from common sense is not easy, so many of those who formerly vowed to live by our standards do relent. But we try to help them regain their strength, you and i know for sure that it's not easy standing up for what others don't take serious, so Jehovah's Organization don't judge people for falling back to their former course of conduct.
All we just want to know is if you're still ready to stand up for what is right, then we will assist you by suggesting necessary steps that will help you stay away from what befell you.
But in some instances many often decides to go back fully into what they left behind, in that case we will make a public announcement that Mr ABC is no more one of Jehovah's Witnesses, so don't expect him to live by the rules binding us together as one family anymore!
That's when all members of the family both home and abroad will say farewell to such a person by staying far away from him/her! smiley
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by NuclearReactor: 9:35pm On Apr 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

According to @ OtemAtum, your god was created by another god. And is being held in a spiritual cage.
What makes you right and him wrong? undecided
Don't know that guy but in line with the truth revealed by scriptures thats pure nonsense!!
Its not who is right but who is scriptural...
Things get messy cause people many times misinterpret scriptures and people who arent properly grounded/learned get confused...
His nonsense theories is very unscriptural
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by NuclearReactor: 9:40pm On Apr 28, 2020
IamMichael:

Sorry bro, you already ended your argument right before you even started it.
You already said and have buttressed the fact that your God has emotions, and that emotions are not weakness on the part of your God...

Already, everything you said goes against :
Jeremiah 1:5 ►
New International Version
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

Here, your bible claims that God is all-knowing, yet he regrets...
How do you justify an all-knowing omniscient God regretting in line with the above quotation?
That "knew you" refers to Jeremiahs abilities, potential, personality, strengths, weaknesses,etc
Even when men get acquainted with him they can still hurt him to the point of regret, that doesn't disprove his omniscience...
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by NuclearReactor: 9:45pm On Apr 28, 2020
LordReed:

Now comes the dodge. You just claimed that it wasn't parents that created children it is your god, now you don't want your god to have the responsibility anymore because it is a negative outcome. When it is good it is god when it is bad it is someone else, how narcissistic can you get? It's either your god created everything and therefore takes responsibility or he didn't and has no responsibility. He cannot have created it and take no responsibility, that's not the way things work.
The point I tried to make is that the natural laws and principles that work in this world doesn't always work for the convenience of humans, we can find ourselves in situations that hurts and we ourselves may not be guilty(and even many times we think we are faultless we didn't do the needful) that doesn't make God evil or wicked!!
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by IamMichael(m): 9:47pm On Apr 28, 2020
NuclearReactor:

That "knew you" refers to Jeremiahs abilities, potential, personality, strengths, weaknesses,etc
Even when men get acquainted with him they can still hurt him to the point of regret, that doesn't disprove his omniscience...
Okay.
Re: I Asked This Question About Creation To A Christian And A Muslim by IamMichael(m): 9:50pm On Apr 28, 2020
Maximus69:

You're looking at one side of the coin but rendered yourself blind to the other side! smiley

First of all true Christians don't even dabble into politics, we don't vote neither can you find one member of Jehovah's Witnesses in any political office!

Our belief is reasoning together with our fellowman on the best way of life there is.
God comes to our mind mainly when it's time to deal with our fellowman. It's totally wrong to quote the laws of our God when dealing with someone who doesn't believe in his standards, so as long as we have an agreement we stick strictly to the agreement we make with you.

You're really mistaking my friend, you don't know a single thing about true Christians! smiley
You tell me how I'm mistaken from the post you quoted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Difference Between Reasonable And Unreasonable Skepticism / How Can The Incarnation Be Reconciled With God’s Immutability? / What Prophet Isaiah Prophesied About Gay Parade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.