Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? (35270 Views)

Eddyth Obianuju Odidika Dies After Seeking Funds To Treat An Ailment / Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal / How Can I Treat An Itching Anus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by gracein: 11:51pm On Apr 26, 2020
alwayssparkling:
hello nairaland doctors i need help here. pls overlook any typo error.

i am over the age where the 4 widom teeth (the molars) of an adult normally grows.

so i really want to know if there is another alternative to deal with the ache without parting with my 30k.

Oga, go to a government hospital. I can assure you that it will be more cost effective there. I extracted 2 teeth for 1k each, not long ago.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by guy222: 11:52pm On Apr 26, 2020
DarkJeddi:
You are talking to a Dentist.. angry
doc thanks for the insight. Please what is the cause of hole in the tooth?
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by therajah: 12:04am On Apr 27, 2020
15k is cheap. I removed one for 35k in 2019.

alwayssparkling:

i am over the age where the 4 widom teeth (the molars) of an adult normally grows.

the thing is while the two molars at the top jaw grew without any problem, the other bottom two refused to grow out. i really didnt notice until two year ago when i started having gum aches from both sides of my bottom jaw. at first the pain was mild but it came back two weeks later and this time it was more severe. this made me count my teeth and i discovered i only had 30 teeth instead of 32.

i didnt take it seriously but the aches continued forcing me to see a dentist.
after a minute checkup the doctor told me i had a condition known as an impacted tooth. according to him, my bottom jaw was smaller than my teeth set and that made it impossible for my molars to grow out. he said the pain i felt was due to the two molars trying to push against the obstruction of the jaw.

i asked for a soln and he told me that the only way pluck out the molars. i didnt have a problem with that until i asked for the price.

he told me that the removal of both teeth would cost 15k each. i shouted and he shouted back. i left the office angrily but not before he told me that by the time i get to 26 i will be the one begging for the procedure.

the truth is since the time i did that checkup the gum aches have been coming up periodically. i have been fighting it with warm water and salt but the pain normally comes back after a couple of weeks with each emergence more severe than the last.

so i really want to know if there is another alternative to deal with the ache without parting with my 30k.

i recently noticed with the help of a mirror that there have been little signs of the molars showing up, though majority of the whole is still buried under the jaw.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Heffalump(m): 12:06am On Apr 27, 2020
Boye357:
Do you have medical backing for this because according to the dentist(Who studied it in school) and google, Your jaw wont become bigger,your brain will only learn to better adapt but only in few cases
Also do you know impacted teeth kills because I know a friend of my mom it killed.....It degenerated to ludwig angina causing lockjaw

From experience, growing molars is usually problematic unlike other teeth sets.

You mentioned earlier that the molars already started to show, which is a good news. However, my suggestion is for you to monitor this for a while. Under one year you should have gotten over it. If it exceeds, then you could actually think you have a complicated issue to deal with.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by therajah: 12:06am On Apr 27, 2020
Trust a tine will come you will actually beg to remove it any any cost!
alwayssparkling:

the thing is while the two molars at the top jaw grew without any problem, the other bottom two refused to grow out. i really didnt notice until two year ago when i started having gum aches from both sides of my bottom jaw. at first the pain was mild but it came back two weeks later and this time it was more severe. this made me count my teeth and i discovered i only had 30 teeth instead of 32.

after a minute checkup the doctor told me i had a condition known as an impacted tooth. according to him, my bottom jaw was smaller than my teeth set and that made it impossible for my molars to grow out. he said the pain i felt was due to the two molars trying to push against the obstruction of the jaw.

i asked for a soln and he told me that the only way pluck out the molars. i didnt have a problem with that until i asked for the price.

he told me that the removal of both teeth would cost 15k each. i shouted and he shouted back. i left the office angrily but not before he told me that by the time i get to 26 i will be the one begging for the procedure.

the truth is since the time i did that checkup the gum aches have been coming up periodically. i have been fighting it with warm water and salt but the pain normally comes back after a couple of weeks with each emergence more severe than the last.

i recently noticed with the help of a mirror that there have been little signs of the molars showing up, though majority of the whole is still buried under the jaw.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by nsiba: 12:07am On Apr 27, 2020
femarse:
well , u look in the mirror and see the teeth coming out ? now stop deceiving yourself and forget that part permanently ...it's never coming out ...there two ways out of your situation , remove it or manage the pain ...3 of my friends had theirs removed ....cost them 6k thou in a govt hospital...2male and 1 female , they are doing perfectly fine ever since they remove it

the worst part ? I have the same problem...impacted tooth ....when they told me the procedure for removal ...I opted to continue managing the pain , first injecting my gum to numb it so I won't feel the pain ...then the gruesome removal ...not eating solids for 2 or 3 days for it to heal
well I can't go through that so I decided to manage the pain ...let's say I have done excellent in that regards ....note in the beginning the pain was mad ...it has not reduce but the frequency had...before now it's like every 1 month the pain reoccur and last for 4 days or 5 tops ...they are excruciating I tell you but now it has reduced to once in 6 month
note 1 ...money is not the reason I don't want to remove it , can't just imagine all the thing describe been done inside my mouth
note 2 I use oral b toothpaste and it's doing solid job in keeping my mouth fresh and cool
note 3 u are feeling the pain because the tooth is trying to come out and anytime he try to and the small flesh in your jaw block it , there will be inflammation in the area and that is why u are feeling that pain ...thing is I don't know what trigger that growth , before now it was roughly every once in a month , everybody that knows me or have the opportunity to be in my vicinity for a month will know I have a toothache ...but now it only happens once in 6month or more self ..like once or twice a year I guess it receded or something

The UK dental board some years back came out to debunk and rubbished the removal of wisdom tooth.
In America it is a big source of revenue for dentist
I have mine and from d onset never gave me any problem
A good and honest dentist will tell you not to remove it, impacted or not.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Nancy1986: 12:07am On Apr 27, 2020
alwayssparkling:

Put small tooth pick stick near it till it cuns back that what I did to mine
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by mutaalim(m): 12:15am On Apr 27, 2020
Using cinnamon powder mix with original honey to be in form of paste just drop it on the affected area 3 times a day

I have tried it and it works, I was about to go remove my tooth before I use till today am yet to remove it. Just rty that first

Regards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by lastchild: 12:17am On Apr 27, 2020
Cantonese:
Toothache?

Very terrible pain when one has it. If your dentist has charged 30k kindly pay and get them off. Other dentists may charge close to that or more. Some dentists too are not too professional.

Just dental implants can cost you over 150k for each tooth.

I do not see escapes routes with dental problems when they have to do with extractions. Some people suggest herbal portions but honestly in the end they fail. You return below square one.
Hello, you mentioned dental implant here, can you please educate me a little bit of it, I extracted a teeth last few weeks making it 3 tooth out of my mouth and they are very important for eating, this caused alot of spaces in my teeth line, chewing is no longer desirable for me, I have to position the food with my tongue before I bite

I went back for solution and the doctor mentioned implant, crowning and some other ones, the doc was very poor in making explanation so I didn't understand him very well

Please tell me a bit about this implant which I know is costly and some other ones, he said there's a cheap one that cost 10k, I don't just know, can you share more light

Thanks
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by nsiba: 12:19am On Apr 27, 2020
Boye357:
Do you have medical backing for this because according to the dentist(Who studied it in school) and google, Your jaw wont become bigger,your brain will only learn to better adapt but only in few cases
Also do you know impacted teeth kills because I know a friend of my mom it killed.....It degenerated to ludwig angina causing lockjaw

I guess you must be a dentist, you guys will always want to frighten people with your USELESS dental terminology
You must be one of those young destructive dentist looking for cash....look here Mister don't come in here and be blowing medical grammar, I have it and many others don't scare people with your cheap blackmail
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by nsiba: 12:24am On Apr 27, 2020
lastchild:
Hello, you mentioned dental implant here, can you please educate me a little bit of it, I extracted a teeth last few weeks making it 3 tooth out of my mouth and they are very important for eating, this caused alot of spaces in my teeth line, chewing is no longer desirable for me, I have to position the food with my tongue before I bite

I went back for solution and the doctor mentioned implant, crowning and some other ones, the doc was very poor in making explanation so I didn't understand him very well

Please tell me a bit about this implant which I know is costly and some other ones, he said there's a cheap one that cost 10k, I don't just know, can you share more light

Thanks

Let me warn you bro, if you seek anything dental here in Nigeria I beg u in da name of Jah Almighty go to any Military hospital or Federal government run dental center.
Don't let any dentist with less than twenty years experience give you any advice

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by bereavedheart: 12:27am On Apr 27, 2020
You have no choice than to go for the extraction.Thats the only ways you can get peace of mind,no home remedy can help..When i removed one of mine 3yrs ago,was so sure i was going to die right there in the hospital.Its the most excruciating pain have ever felt in my whole life but i felt better weeks later.I'm yet to remove the other one because of the traumatic experience and its really affecting my health..So this time around i hope to use the best hospital not minding the cost at all
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by lastchild: 12:34am On Apr 27, 2020
nsiba:

Let me warn you bro, if you seek anything dental here in Nigeria I beg u in da name of Jah Almighty go to any Military hospital or Federal government run dental center.
Don't let any dentist with less than twenty years experience give you any advice
thanks for this information
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by mybirex: 12:43am On Apr 27, 2020
If na toothache...guy keep your money. Go with the first reply you got that told you about kafura. That thing works magic on tooth ache. Within 3 days the pain go vanish - as in disappear. I have pulled off two of my teeth in the past. Was about to pull the third when a friend at work introduced me to kafura. Used it and the rest is history. I have since recommended it to not less than 5 people and all came back to thank me. My guy...with a budget of 1k, the pain go vanish.

Buy some kafura. Take like 4 pieces, wrap it up in a piece of paper and pound it. Look for an empty bottle...and pour in about 20cl of any ogogoro into the bottle. And the pounded kafura and shake it very well. Put a little into the mouth and leave it specifically in the area that is paining you. Hold the liquid in you mouth for 2-3 minutes and spit it out. Don't swallow it. Do that morning and evening for 3 days and the pain will become history. Tested and trusted solution to tooth ache.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Cantonese: 12:48am On Apr 27, 2020
OjaTiBurst:
Toothache is something else

Since over a year they told me at Surulere general hospital that mine will be surgical extraction i told them ok i will back

Since i no near there

Take a pain killer drug prescribed by a dentist for just this immediate pain.

Brush morning and night and always make sure you never go to bed at night without brushing

Do this for two weeks and see the magic

Note: Be consistent with the brushing especially at night.

You never get toothache. If you have toothache, you will find yourself begging the affected tooth to forgive you for delaying with extraction.

No pain killer can stop toothache permanently.

3 Likes

Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Enyeazu(m): 12:49am On Apr 27, 2020
Sorry bro, I was once in that circle but mine was a broken tooth, the pain no be here bros. But I manage to control mine by maintaining a mouth hygiene by brushing twice daily with a good toothpaste. I recommend pepsodent. [/color][color=#000000]
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by sirkonline(m): 12:50am On Apr 27, 2020
alwayssparkling:

Trust me....been in ur shoe and I have 3 tooth taken out..1 upper left 1 lower right(infected) and 1 front tooth(was shaking for like 3years and painful, and the pain always get worse when I fly which is like 5 times a year because of the altitude). if you don't have the money ls borrow it. Am not a woman and I don't know how a pregnant woman feel but dentist will tell u tooth ain is even worst than that, You will understand what I mean when u take it out. PLZ go to a professional dentist oooo. The first cost me about 1000cad..consultation and xtra and extract. thank God my insurance paid 75% of it...had the other 2 done in Ibadan for 15k each plus a temporary teeth for the front one which cost about 50k(was told it will take nothing less than 150k for a replacement but I opted for the temp, and its been ok for 2years, planning to do permanent one this year though. get it done plz
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Immune1(m): 1:08am On Apr 27, 2020
Please don't extract the tooth....tooth extraction is an outdated solution. What you need is a ROOT CANAL TREATMENT.....this process involves removal of the dentine (the living element) and filling of the tooth thereafter.This will maintain the tooth but in a lifeless form ( like a dud tooth).

I am not a dentist.....but trust me on this.... Its not a cheap procedure and can take up to 2-3weeks.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Tboy1419: 1:16am On Apr 27, 2020
aaking:

Don't remove it or waste your money .
Buy kafura pelebe. Put it inside bottle water but half of the water is good to use with 3or4 cubes of the kafura .

Modified

To the ones thinking is joke. See d one am using at home just snap it now
. Pls where can I buy this cufura pelebe, am also battling tooth ache for the past 4years now, I have used salt and baking solder with different remedies but nothing to show for, I only eat food with one side of my mouth, but can't eat groundnut, cashew, meat and even fish is a problem, I need help for this pls.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Stanchem029: 1:17am On Apr 27, 2020
Dr Agnes Nwama worked for me. Just one hundred naira.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by wrose(m): 1:24am On Apr 27, 2020
Evaberry:
No There is no other way, I had an impacted wisdom tooth and had to remove it, the earlier you do it the better. Brace yourself OP it’s going to be the worst pain you’ve ever felt
Iswear, I never felt any pain like that last week when I removed my teeth. I almost gave the dentist woman blow grin. Screamed throughout the whole process
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Akapela(m): 1:41am On Apr 27, 2020
Prince4945:
I remember last year when I had a terrible tooth ache on my molar , I couldn't even eat nkwobi when presented to me cry...

I went to a private hospital for checkup and they told me the best advice was to remove the tooth and it would cost N90k (ninety thousand naira) .. I forgot my face cap at the hospital as I vanished from that vicinity ..

Then fortunately a nurse in my estate told me to go to a hospital in ojuelegba cause that's where she works, and I had a proper check up and had my molar tooth removed , every thing I spent was roughly N5k (five thousnd naira) and it was all professional. .

Come and see me destroying nkwobi aftrerwards lol
Can you please share the name of the hospital cos I reside somewhere close.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Isoduwa(m): 1:43am On Apr 27, 2020
My guy use knife remove that teeth pulled out
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by aaking(m): 1:44am On Apr 27, 2020
Tboy1419:
. Pls where can I buy this cufura pelebe, am also battling tooth ache for the past 4years now, I have used salt and baking solder with different remedies but nothing to show for, I only eat food with one side of my mouth, but can't eat groundnut, cashew, meat and even fish is a problem, I need help for this pls.

In southwest especially Lagos here, those selling camphor and those hawking it. Where do you reside? If it is southwest it will be easier but don't know of south east or north. Had it been there no lockdown, I'll buy and send to you free
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by kneepadsguide: 1:48am On Apr 27, 2020
If there is no problem with your affected wisdom teeth, then your dentist may suggest leaving it alone.
Surgery to extract wisdom teeth is usually an outpatient procedure. You can go home the same day.
A dentist or oral surgeon performs the operation, known as wisdom tooth extraction.
As part of the procedure, your doctor may use anesthetic drugs to induce a type of anesthesia, such as:
• Local anesthesia to numb your mouth
• Sedation anesthesia to relax you and block pain
• General anesthesia to make you sleepy and not feel anything during the procedure
During the procedure, the surgeon will cut your gums and pull out the problematic bone before extracting the tooth. They will close the incision with stitches and pack the space with gauze.
If your teeth are completely affected and buried deep within your gums or jaw, it may be difficult for your surgeon to remove them, as they have broken from the gum.
From Knee Pads Guide [url]kneepadsguide.com[/url]
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Correcto: 2:00am On Apr 27, 2020
I experienced it but didn't remove any tooth. Things went to normal though it was painful.
dominique:
Every body that I've ever known to have had the condition resorted to extraction of the tooth (or teeth). My sister whose wisdom tooth emerged halfway had to have it removed when the pain and discomfort got unbearable. I'm not sure if there's any other remedy for it
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Correcto: 2:09am On Apr 27, 2020
I had same experience and was advised by a dentist to remove it. I knew about some complications that could occur after removal and took a personal decision not remove it. I went through pains but I am fine today. Note I took pain relieving drugs at some point. Good luck
alwayssparkling:

Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by SweetSmartSexy(f): 2:21am On Apr 27, 2020
There's no other way. if you dont remove i now i will cost more havoc. far more expensive havoc.. your own even said 15k, my dentist in abuja did mine for 50k for one tooth. you probably went to a goverment hospital. If not, you can visit one, it will be cheaper. or close your eyes and do it.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Judolisco(m): 2:38am On Apr 27, 2020
alwayssparkling:

go to a government hospital or general hospital I removed mine for jst 6k and since then I've had my peace... Don't use any of dis drugs... If u are scared of removing it and you are in the northern part of Nigeria ask all dis mallams dem get d medicine I'll advise u to see a dentist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Breaking Bad Eye Habits: 11 Bad Eye Habits You Need To Break Now / Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria / How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.