Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,878 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1148913 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:31am On Jun 20, 2020
aliadi2:

Thanks alot for this value and support that you are rendering here sir. I am really grateful, i have another question.

I have been read this thread from page one and at page 24 or 25 i saw someone explaining that he got refused twice because he was using only LOE as his supporting doc, but he got the visa when he used LOE and SOP together. Please what is your opinion on this sir and would you recommend it sir.

Thanks and Stay blessed.

Letter of explanation (LOE) and Statement of Purpose (SOP) both represent same purpose. More often, applicants who have been denied a visa prefer using an LOE to address the concerns raised by the visa officer in their previous applications. Whilst, the SOP serves to address the applicant's intent to study the program in Canada, why the applicant chose the proposed school and the future career goals upon their return home.

It's very necessary to bring to your comprehension that when it comes to Canadian Immigration process, no two applications are the same. Each applicant case is unique and as such treated independently based on the visa officer's discretion and the information presented by the applicant. As the saying goes "Different strokes for different folks", what worked for Mr. A might not work for Mr. B. I will advise you leave your application simple and concise as possible. Your letter should focus more on explaining to the visa officer what you have done differently based on the concerns that were raised in the past application and how your situation has substantively changed.

I hope this information helps.

It will end in praise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:59am On Jun 20, 2020
fntstores:
I really don't know how to go about that WES OR ICAS because I am trying to apply for admission in the university of Conestoga Canada please can you flash me so I can call you to guide me on how to go about it Please

You don't require WES or ICAS for Conestiga College. A copy of your degree certificate, transcripts, intl passport bio data page and resume are sufficient.

It will end in praise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iffylove: 10:28am On Jun 20, 2020
Hello house, please I need help.
I was given admission to U Manitoba for Fall 2020 but without scholarship, I currently do not have any source of fund presently. How can I go about getting sponsorship or scholarship, because this is why I have not even applied for visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by holluville: 10:40am On Jun 20, 2020
holluville:
Good evening house and thanks to everyone rendering selfless effort as regards clarity and guidance to this study permit journey.. Kudos to you all.

I am days away to submitting my application and I need help to the following questions.

Going through the IMM1294 Form( Application for study permit outside canada), there is a column I'm to fill in my tuition , room and boards and others to sum up the total funds available. In all sincerity, the issue now is all i have is my exact tuition fee and living expenses(10kcad) in my sponsor's account. nothing more.. Would it fly?

Secondly,  $750 medical insurance was included in my letter of acceptance apart from the tuition fee. Should I total it all with my tuition or I should just fill in the tuition stated on the letter.

Lastly, I have an IELTS test report(General) I sat for in 2018 and considering also using it as a supporting document. Am I making a mistake or I should go ahead with uploading.

Thanks as I await your responses..

@frankrobbn1
@JustMellow
@mcobex
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by degxyflexy: 11:24am On Jun 20, 2020
Bro I don't think WES evaluation is compulsory for all courses at Uregina. There are specific courses where that is needed.
Frankrobbn1:

WES course-by-course evaluation analysis is a compulsory requirement for a Master's Admission at University of Regina. You're urged to get it ready before starting an application for admission into the School.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Onweke: 11:59am On Jun 20, 2020
@Frankrobbn1 and Justmellow. I submitted my application on the 19th June and got biometrics request 20th June. Is this normal or a red flag ?.

For me I believe it's too sudden.. Just one day
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TimAke: 12:10pm On Jun 20, 2020
Onweke:
@Frankrobbn1 and Justmellow. I submitted my application on the 19th June and got biometrics request 20th June. Is this normal or a red flag ?.

If you submitted your application and pay the biometric fee, you get a Biometric request within 24hours, this is the normal procedure and not a red flag at all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Onweke: 12:15pm On Jun 20, 2020
Thank you. Some people here got the same request after 4 days of submission, that's why I asked.

quote author=TimAke post=90874404] If you submitted your application and pay the biometric fee, you get a Biometric request within 24hours, this is the normal procedure and not a red flag at all. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TimAke: 12:24pm On Jun 20, 2020
Onweke:
Thank you. Some people here got the same request after 4 days of submission, that's why I asked.

quote author=TimAke post=90874404] If you submitted your application and pay the biometric fee, you get a Biometric request within 24hours, this is the normal procedure and not a red flag at all.
I understand bro, maybe it varies. I got my request within 24hours, was a bit concerned too and had to check online to find out it was very normal.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 2:00pm On Jun 20, 2020
fntstores:
I really don't know how to go about that WES OR ICAS because I am trying to apply for admission in the university of Conestoga Canada please can you flash me so I can call you to guide me on how to go about it Please

U don't need either of the two.. check your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 2:08pm On Jun 20, 2020
aliadi2:

Thanks alot for this value and support that you are rendering here sir. I am really grateful, i have another question.

I have been read this thread from page one and at page 24 or 25 i saw someone explaining that he got refused twice because he was using only LOE as his supporting doc, but he got the visa when he used LOE and SOP together. Please what is your opinion on this sir and would you recommend it sir.

Thanks and Stay blessed.
I'm interested in this question cause I sometimes get confused between SOP & LOE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 2:15pm On Jun 20, 2020
Iffylove:
I was given admission to U Manitoba for Fall 2020 but without scholarship, I currently do not have any source of fund presently. How can I go about getting sponsorship or scholarship, because this is why I have not even applied for visa
True, that's what I did too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Piston65(m): 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2020
Good morning good people, I just received an admission letter from my agent telling me I've been admitted into a school in Canada.
I was of the opinion that during this pandemic, no school should be Operating. He did the first one that I was admitted into the university of Saskatchewan, later I couldn't continue the process cos he said I was late in payment of acceptance fee. On the other hand, my fiancee was admitted to Dalhousie University. She paid for the acceptance, she was given an invitation to go do data capture at lekki. She went to vsf global at Manor hall to do data capture and we didn't hear from them up till date.
My good people, I want to know if this is actually a scam or it's just circumstances that is debarring me and my fiancee from going.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by aliadi2: 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Letter of explanation (LOE) and Statement of Purpose (SOP) both represent same purpose. More often, applicants who have been denied a visa prefer using an LOE to address the concerns raised by the visa officer in their previous applications. Whilst, the SOP serves to address the applicant's intent to study the program in Canada, why the applicant chose the proposed school and the future career goals upon their return home.

It's very necessary to bring to your comprehension that when it comes to Canadian Immigration process, no two applications are the same. Each applicant case is unique and as such treated independently based on the visa officer's discretion and the information presented by the applicant. As the saying goes "Different strokes for different folks", what worked for Mr. A might not work for Mr. B. I will advise you leave your application simple and concise as possible. Your letter should focus more on explaining to the visa officer what you have done differently based on the concerns that were raised in the past application and how your situation has substantively changed.

I hope this information helps.

It will end in praise

This is very informative and thanks for your contribution again sir. i would like to add that i am using LOE but this is my first application. I am using LOE because of the study gap i have and LOE will be the best to explain what i have been doing since and the certifications that i have gotten since then. Graduated 2013 and going for diploma at Holland College.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by aliadi2: 2:50pm On Jun 20, 2020
Piston65:
Good morning good people, I just received an admission letter from my agent telling me I've been admitted into a school in Canada.
I was of the opinion that during this pandemic, no school should be Operating. He did the first one that I was admitted into the university of Saskatchewan, later I couldn't continue the process cos he said I was late in payment of acceptance fee. On the other hand, my fiancee was admitted to Dalhousie University. She paid for the acceptance, she was given an invitation to go do data capture at lekki. She went to vsf global at Manor hall to do data capture and we didn't hear from them up till date.
My good people, I want to know if this is actually a scam or it's just circumstances that is debarring me and my fiancee from going.
Thanks

My little advise, using a agent is not advisable if you are willing to put on the hard work you can get everything you need on this platform. That is my advice.

Stay Blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by webtalker2020: 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2020
Hello house, hope you guys are having a great weekend. Please I need an expert response to my questions, your help would be appreciated;

I graduated with Bsc. Chemistry in 2012 in Nigeria and I've been working as Retail Store Manager and a part time realtor for a credible company for about 6 years now. I got an admission for a PGD in Project Management in Ontario, what are my odds securing a study permit?

Also, as a result of COVID19 situation, how are applications been submitted in Lagos? Online or is the VSF in Lagos taking Canadian study permit applications?

Can an expert help please, thanks in Advance. Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 5:21pm On Jun 20, 2020
Onweke:

It's normal to receive a biometrics instructions letter within 24hrs of submitting your application.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by aliadi2: 5:29pm On Jun 20, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Aliadi2,

You may be able to straighten your claim IF a paid representative other than your uncle was used to file the application. Thereafter, an intelligent argument can then be allowed to flow against the misgivings of the representative and backed with an Affidavit of Fact to demonstrate your innocence. Don't do this if your uncle filed in the application himself. You can forge through the headway of fate and accept the outcome with bravery. This is the only dreaded way a solution and an answer can be gotten simultaneously.

All the best

@ justmellow,@frankrobbin

I have sent you an email . please can you help me vet my LOE were i explained this forefoing facts about the misgivings of representative. And also i have typed my Affidavit of fact and would like you to vet it also.

Thanks and Stay blessed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by holluville: 6:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
please I need response to this!

holluville:
Good evening house and thanks to everyone rendering selfless effort as regards clarity and guidance to this study permit journey.. Kudos to you all.

I am days away to submitting my application and I need help to the following questions.

Going through the IMM1294 Form( Application for study permit outside canada), there is a column I'm to fill in my tuition , room and boards and others to sum up the total funds available. In all sincerity, the issue now is all i have is my exact tuition fee and living expenses(10kcad) in my sponsor's account. nothing more.. Would it fly?

Secondly,  $750 medical insurance was included in my letter of acceptance apart from the tuition fee. Should I total it all with my tuition or I should just fill in the tuition stated on the letter.

Lastly, I have an IELTS test report(General) I sat for in 2018 and considering also using it as a supporting document. Am I making a mistake or I should go ahead with uploading.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 6:34pm On Jun 20, 2020
It would end in praise for sure. Feel free to hit me up if you need anything re: settling down in NL.
Good luck brother!

Frankrobbn1:

Thank boss for the compliments and best wishes. It was indeed a herculean task to find a designated employer that will be ready to sponsor a foreign National through the AIPP route. Almost all the employers I contacted turned down my request. However, my persistence and resilience towards achieving my goal was a no-brainer for me. I thank God it worked and I was able to land a job offer in the Atlantic Province of Newfoundland, Canada. All things being equal, I hope to celebrate soonest.

It will surely end in praise.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:38pm On Jun 20, 2020
Iffylove:

Hello Iffylove,

It is almost impossible to succeed through the SP route without adequate funds and reliable source of funds. It will be more advisable to have a committed sponsor at hand before commencing.

However, since you have gotten admission, you can write to your DLI to apply on your behalf for the Global Affairs Canada (GAC) scholarship which is the requirement to meet its eligibility. It is competitive but not impossible.

Thus, anything outside this will be for you to delay your plans for a while and save up.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:45pm On Jun 20, 2020
Piston65:
Thanks

Hello Piston65,

If you doubt the authenticity of her admission letter, send a copy of the admission letter and her student number, with a body message of enquiry to:

international.admissions@dal.ca
admissions@dal.ca

BTW who gave her the invitation, IRCC or DLI?

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:47pm On Jun 20, 2020
Onweke:

Hello Onweke,

Everything seems fine. Its a norm with online application route.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:58pm On Jun 20, 2020
holluville:

Hello Holluville,

You weren't specific enough with your questions in some excerpts. The column for your tuition should be for the first year if its a two year program. The column for your room and board should be the 10k while the other should be an extra of 3k to 4k. The available funds should be the sum total.

N.B: there is no standard medium in filling this section out. The most important look out is to ensure the available funds shouldn't outweigh the closing BS.

If the amount in your sponsor's BA will fly depends on the total cost of your studies and other personal circumstances relating to source of funds et al.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 7:04pm On Jun 20, 2020
Tonyodg:
hello sir I was reading your post and Was curious to qualify for one must have a Canadian qualification as I saw in the CIC website

Hello Tonyodg,

Yes, that's if you go through the Atlantic International Graduate Stream which requires an applicant to have schooled in that Atlantic province.

Hence, the Atlantic Intermediate Worker Stream and Atlantic High-Skilled Worker Stream will better serve the immigration purpose of outlanders. To understand more about this program, visit the site of the Atlantic province you desire.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 7:08pm On Jun 20, 2020
aliadi2:
Hello Gurus .... I have a question

I have lived in the UAE for the past 2year . i was on a employment visa working under a company but before my 2year contract finished i canceled the contract and tried to change company but my grace period of one month elapsed before i could get my visa and i had to overstay for a month and then my admission came along and i paid my fine and cleared all my overstay before i left the country. Please should i include this in my application and show the document for the paid fine. Please i need help from the gurus in the house.

Hello Aliadi2,

There will be no need including those details. Don't contradict your application.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 7:11pm On Jun 20, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Thanks brother for the best wishes and prayers.

Speaking on AIPP might be derailing the purpose this thread was originally created as only a few applicants know about this program in Nigeria. I have also shared my extensive experience on how I landed a job offer from a designated employer via the AIPP thread on Nairaland. I may have to channel prospective applicants to read through the thread and gather relevant information(s) that might be useful to them in the process.

HOW I GOT MY JOB OFFER UNDER THE AIPP STREAM.

It will end in praise.

Bro,

My prayers and best wishes are with you. E Be Things and God No go Shame You.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TimAke: 7:18pm On Jun 20, 2020
For online applications, is it okay to have my biometrics done at any VAC of my choice? The usual VAC used by people where I reside is currently closed due to Covid-19 but I also have easy access to another VAC in a different country that's currently opened.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milkytins(m): 7:35pm On Jun 20, 2020
TimAke:
I understand bro, maybe it varies. I got my request within 24hours, was a bit concerned too and had to check online to find out it was very normal.

Please, where do they expect you to do biometric? Have they opened or is there alternative?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milkytins(m): 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
TimAke:
If you submitted your application and pay the biometric fee, you get a Biometric request within 24hours, this is the normal procedure and not a red flag at all.
Please, where do they expect one to do biometric? Have they opened or is there alternative?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by holluville: 7:41pm On Jun 20, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Holluville,

You weren't specific enough with your questions in some excerpts. The column for your tuition should be for the first year if its a two year program. The column for your room and board should be the 10k while the other should be an extra of 3k to 4k. The available funds should be the sum total.

N.B: there is no standard medium in filling this section out. The most important look out is to ensure the available funds shouldn't outweigh the closing BS.

If the amount in your sponsor's BA will fly depends on the total cost of your studies and other personal circumstances relating to source of funds et al.

All the best

Thank you for this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by aliadi2: 7:52pm On Jun 20, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Aliadi2,

There will be no need including those details. Don't contradict your application.

All the best

Thanks alot sir. Also my birth certificate carries the name LIADI OLASEINDE YAHYAH while my passport carries LIADI ADEWALE YAHYAH can i use this birth certificate for my application or get a new one

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.