Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1154730 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 4:12am On Jun 22, 2020
sleekysoft:
HEllo TRV hopefuls, how are you doing and what is going on here? I can't believe i am back on here after months of not visiting.. I really wish to help but the time hasn't really been there.. Where are the GURU... NO 1 undisputed Frankrobben, my crazy friends AUStacus and naijaforeigner...

See who passed by Nairaland. I hail you bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 6:32am On Jun 22, 2020
Lekiboboe:

I would be able to answer ur first question

Go to IKEJA, Oba Akinjobi way, the road leading to Ikeja G.R.A & Ikeja High court.,
u will see some women with Umbrella, (some standing, some sitting down) mentioning the word AFFIDAVIT continuously. Meet one of them

Make sure u go with ur Sponsor's Passport Photograph & Yours

(The place is not far from the Popular Computer Village)

U can also check ijaiye road axis at OGBA, IKEJA , along where WAEC and NUJ (Nigerian Union of Journalism) office are located , u will also see some Women there mentioning the Word "AFFIDAVIT"

Police Character Certificate is only gotten in the Island @ Central Criminal Registry Force C.I.D. Annex Alagbon Close, Ikoyi, Lagos

- u are to go there with ur International Passport (Valid) & a Passport Photograph,
The price ranges from #5K to #10K

Good morning to you and every great mind here. Please does anyone has an idea if this CID is functioning now? Like if I go tomorrow can I get it tomorrow? Also the computer village Affidavit do they come everyday ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 6:36am On Jun 22, 2020
majeobaje:
Hello everyone
I will like to make an enquiry about getting a masters degree admission in any university in Canada with a 3 years Bsc with 2.1 (Masters in Finance will be preferable) that doesn’t require GMAT or GRE, also the tuition fee range between 3k to 5k.
Thank you.
Interesting.... If your 3k -5k means 3,000 CA$ then maybe you're in the wrong thread.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:39am On Jun 22, 2020
lonewolfone:
Hello guys please i am currently trying to apply for phd in canada in chemical engineering what schools can i research which dont require gre and have a pretty straight forward admission process
Hi,

No M.SC/PH.D admission is really that straight forward.
U will need to send Mails to Supervisors of different schools showing interests in their works & getting a Supervisor can be something else cos it might take time before some of those DR. /Prof. respond to u, some might even say they are not accepting students , and getting a Supervisor is compulsory bfor u can get Admission for an M.SC/PH.D program.

Getting a Supervisor is Paramount ,don't get discouraged by a professor/Dr. that say's he/she ain't accepting students, Keep Firing those mails to other Potential Supervisors of the Schools and Program u are interested in...

U can check out the links below for some helpful tips on :

GETTING A SUPERVISOR AND POSSIBLE, FUNDING: MY EXPERIENCE WITH NORTH AMERICAN SCHOOLS (CANADA & U.S.A.)
https://www.nairaland.com/5233221/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/493#86085388

Canadian Standard Academic CV for MASTERS & PH.D Admission (LINK FOR PDF FILE)
https://www.oise.utoronto.ca/orss/UserFiles/File/Creating_your_academic_cv_handout_1.pdf

Route to get Hidden (Non-Advertised) Funded Thesis-based MS.C or PH.D in Canada
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/410#94972807

To Search for UNDERGRADUATE, PGD, MASTERS, PH.D PROGRAMS IN CANADA
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=&program_level_merged=&program_language=ENGLISH

Things to Note About Funded Graduate Programs (Masters & PH.D) & Types of Potential Supervisors You Might Come Across (MUST READ)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/450#95394475

HINTS ON SECURING ADMISSIONS IN CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES (PARTICULARLY MASTERS' DEGREE)
https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/58#54706122

RESULT-ORIENTED STEP BY STEP GUIDES FOR PH.D ADMISSION & FUNDING (Based on Experience of a Nairalander)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/302#93601555

HOW TO GET A SUPERVISOR FOR THESIS-BASED MASTERS AND GET ADMISSION IN CANADA UNIVERSITIES
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/432#95240076

TIPS ON GETTING A SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH/THESIS BASED M.Sc and Ph.D Part 1
https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8/28#34729512

TIPS ON GETTING A SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH/THESIS BASED M.Sc and Ph.D Part 2
https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/197#56305272

Sample Email to a Potential Supervisor and E-Mail Subject
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/175#92173128

And also watch the YouTube Videos for some very Vital Tips , it will help u alot

What To Include In Emails To Professors When Seeking Grad. School Admission, Funding in Canada & US

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auitkak4f-c

How to write a compelling SOP for Graduate school

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpI_3IDbwho

Quarantine with Dr Addy - Funding and Scholarships Opportunities for Graduate School

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0ZbkhivhIg
All da best!!!

25 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:48am On Jun 22, 2020
NairaLuck:

Good morning to you and every great mind here. Please does anyone has an idea if this CID is functioning now? Like if I go tomorrow can I get it tomorrow? Also the computer village Affidavit do they come everyday ?

Yes, CID Alagbon, Ikoyi is functioning, yes u can, u can even do both in ONE DAY (PCC & Affidavit)

The Place they do the AFFIDAVIT is not Computer Village,
The place is not just far from Computer Village (Trekk-able Distance) , its along that Ikeja high Court & LASUTH General Hospital road, Oba Akinjobi Way..

Yes they do come everyday, the place those women will take u to is more like a Bungalow Complex, there are lot of them there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 6:55am On Jun 22, 2020
Good morning.

Is there any news yet on when we can start doing biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 6:58am On Jun 22, 2020
Masters in Finance is probably expensive.
But if you want, you can check the Memorial University of Newfoundland and the University of PEI for cheap tuition. I will still encourage you to apply for a master's in Finance if you are determined. Maybe you can get a scholarship but you might need GRE or GMAT. Good luck

majeobaje:
Hello everyone
I will like to make an enquiry about getting a masters degree admission in any university in Canada with a 3 years Bsc with 2.1 (Masters in Finance will be preferable) that doesn’t require GMAT or GRE, also the tuition fee range between 3k to 5k.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 7:00am On Jun 22, 2020
You need to put in the work. success is not a straight forward thing my guy.

lonewolfone:
Hello guys please i am currently trying to apply for phd in canada in chemical engineering what schools can i research which dont require gre and have a pretty straight forward admission process
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkings: 7:01am On Jun 22, 2020
majeobaje:
Hello everyone
Thank you.
Canadian University orifite very cheap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:19am On Jun 22, 2020
majeobaje:
Hello everyone
Thank you.
I doubt if u can get a skool at such Tuition fee range

As an international student in Canada, u pay more

Try Google the following skools for Masters in Finance, check their requirement if don't ask for GRE/GMAT, and also check for the affordable ones for International students (don't focus ur mind on the Tuition range u mentioned above)

- Master of Finance
Saint Mary's University, Nova Scotia

- Master of Finance
- Wilfrid Laurier University, Ontario

- MSc in Finance
Simon Fraser University, British Columbia

- MF, Master of Finance
York University, Ontario

- Master of Finance (M.F.)
University of Toronto, Ontario

- Master of Finance (M.Fin)
McMaster University, Ontario

- Master of Finance - Beijing
Queen's University, Ontario

-Master of Finance (MFin)
University of Manitoba, Manitoba

-M.M. in Finance
McGill University, Quebec

-Master of Finance - Beijing

-Master of Finance (MFin)
University of Manitoba, Manitoba

-Master of Accounting and Finance

-Master of Finance - Toronto

-Master of Mathematical Finance (M.M.F.)

-MSc in finance and management science
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan

-MA in International Economics and Finance
Ryerson University, Ontario

- Master of Quantitative Finance (MQF)
University of Waterloo, Ontario

-MBA with specialization in Finance
University of Alberta, Alberta

-Master of Science (Management) in Finance
University of Lethbridge, Alberta

-Master of Science in Business Administration in Finance
University of British Columbia, British Columbia

- MFAc in Financial Accountability
York University, Ontario

-Master of Financial Risk Management

-Master of Financial Management
University of Alberta, Alberta

Getting a Supervisor is Paramount ,don't get discouraged by a professor/Dr. that say's he/she ain't accepting students, Keep Firing those mails to other Potential Supervisors of the Schools and Program u are interested in...

U can check out the links below for some helpful tips on
HINTS ON SECURING ADMISSIONS IN CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES (PARTICULARLY MASTERS' DEGREE)
https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/58#54706122

TIPS ON GETTING A SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH/THESIS BASED M.Sc and Ph.D Part 1
https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8/28#34729512

TIPS ON GETTING A SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH/THESIS BASED M.Sc and Ph.D Part 2
https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/197#56305272

And also watch this YouTube Video for some very Vital Tips , it will help u alot

What To Include In Emails To Professors When Seeking Grad. School Admission, Funding in Canada & US

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auitkak4f-c

All da best!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 22, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
Good morning.

Is there any news yet on when we can start doing biometrics?
None yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ralfudoh(m): 7:34am On Jun 22, 2020
Crochet:
Canadain visa vs American visa which is the best?
Nigerian

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 22, 2020
Crochet:
Canadain visa vs American visa which is the best?
Cambodian visas are the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 7:49am On Jun 22, 2020
Good morning e-fam. Can a guru kindly upload the stamped Canada visa and the study permit given at POE? I will really like to see how it looks, even with your canceled personal details.

My question is: if I apply to 2 schools - A for PGC and B for Masters, and A gives me admission letter earlier and I apply for TRV with it and later on, school B offers me admission too, can I eventually attend B even if I get successful approval visa with school A admission letter?
PS - school A and B are in different provinces

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:50am On Jun 22, 2020
Tonyodg:
Cambodian visas are the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 22, 2020
[quote author=Lekiboboe post=90935215][/quote]abi na grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Crystalheart: 9:36am On Jun 22, 2020
Good morning my people

Please, must a business be registered for it to be used as home tie?

NB: it's a small scale biz that's been evolving over time, I have taken time to explain this in the LOE.

Will the explanation be enough? I intend adding like 3 months transaction statements of the biz.

Still not sure if it will be enough..

If CAC is a must, wont registering a company and using it to file application almost immediately be a red flag?

Your opinions always matter, thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 9:40am On Jun 22, 2020
majeobaje:
Hello everyone
Thank you.

Who be this guy..
Hahahahahahahahahaha.... schools of that tuition fee range, DON'T EXIST!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 9:49am On Jun 22, 2020
ndubuisi1213:
Hi fam,

I submitted my 2nd application since Feb 26th and since then no updates.

Somedays ago I massaged them and their reply was that the delay is as a result of covid19.

Right now am thinking of going for refund and keep waiting for them to reply my app since no one knows when this covid 19 is coming to an end and I don't want to risk such.

Just thinking though, advice pls

You can't get a refund because your school will ask for evidence to show why you are withdrawing. You need a finally decision (denial) to be made in your visa application because you can ask for a refund. Your denial letter can be your reason for a refund.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Yads97: 11:51am On Jun 22, 2020
majeobaje:
Hello everyone
Thank you.

Go to Ukraine.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chidon40: 12:57pm On Jun 22, 2020
Urgent
Can someone send a list of documents my sponsor needs to give me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by HollateeK247: 1:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
Hello house, please does anyone have a template for writing explanation of source of funds? A bro needs help ��
JustMellow:

Hello Nwannediutor,

There is no need for statement of results since the certificate is included. I believe you're self-sponsored and self-employed, where is the proof and how did you demonstrate that the cost of your for the second year will be offset?! This is just a rhetorical question.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:11pm On Jun 22, 2020
Chidon40:
Urgent
Can someone send a list of documents my sponsor needs to give me?
Hi,

Is it documents for ur own Client Information ( e.g Birth Certificate, Landed Properties etc.)
from ur Sponsor (parent or Brother In-law etc.)
u want to ask for?

Or

Or its documents meant for "Proof Of Mean of Financial Support" (which entails more of ur Sponsor's Documents) u are asking for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chidon40: 1:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
My uncle wants to stand as my sponsor.
What documents should he issue me to proof my funding for study permit

Lekiboboe:

Hi,

Is it documents for ur own Client Information
from ur Sponsor (parent or Brother In-law etc.)
u want to ask for?

Or

Or its documents meant for "Proof Of Mean of Financial Support" (which entails more of ur Sponsor's Documents) u are asking for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:53pm On Jun 22, 2020
Chidon40:
My uncle wants to stand as my sponsor.
What documents should he issue me to proof my funding for study permit

Every sponsor differ but this are possible documents ur Uncle should have depending on his type of Job or business or if his retired (Its not compulsory he has all of this documents, but some are very vital and important)

Sponsor's Documents (Uncle)

- Tuition Payment Receipt from the School
- Receipt of Tuition fee Payment to the school
-. Letter of Sponsorship
- Copy of Sponsor’s Letter of Employment (if employed) OR business documents (if self-employed) (CAC certificate, Article of association and memorandum, tax clearance certificate, particulars of directors in the company).
- Pay slips
- Copy of Sponsor’s Employee ID card
- Copy of sponsors international passport data pages and Stamped Visa pages-Travel history (if any)
- Statement of Account from Sponsor’s salary account ( 4-6 Months Statement of Account)
- Affidavit of Support
-. Letter of Promotion
- Letter of Appointment
- Letter of Retirement (if RETIRED)
-. Picture of u and ur Uncle
- A family tree to demonstrate aw ur Uncle relates to u(Maternal Uncle or Paternal Uncle)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chidon40: 2:01pm On Jun 22, 2020
Thanks

Lekiboboe:

Every sponsor differ but this are possible documents ur Uncle should have depending on his type of Job or business or if his retired (Its not compulsory he has all of this documents, but some are very vital and important)

Sponsor's Documents (Uncle)

- Tuition Payment Receipt from the School
- Receipt of Tuition fee Payment to the school
-. Letter of Sponsorship
- Copy of Sponsor’s Letter of Employment (if employed) OR business documents (if self-employed) (CAC certificate, Article of association and memorandum, tax clearance certificate, particulars of directors in the company).
- Pay slips
- Copy of Sponsor’s Employee ID card
- Copy of sponsors international passport data pages and Stamped Visa pages-Travel history (if any)
- Statement of Account from Sponsor’s salary account ( 4-6 Months Statement of Account)
- Affidavit of Support
-. Letter of Promotion
- Letter of Appointment
- Letter of Retirement (if RETIRED)
-. Picture of u and ur Uncle
- A family tree to demonstrate aw ur Uncle relates to u(Maternal Uncle or Paternal Uncle)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 2:11pm On Jun 22, 2020
Fully funded PhD opportunity at the
Department of Civil, Geological and Mining Engineering, at Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal under
Prof Gabriel Fabien-Ouellet

Closing date: July 01, 2020

Requirement: MSc in Geophysics, Physics, Mathematics

Link: https://www.polymtl.ca/expertises/en/recherche/projets

Fully Funded Msc And Phd In Biological Science At University Of Alberta
https://www.nairaland.com/5942086/fully-funded-msc-phd-biological

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by koonleh: 3:45pm On Jun 22, 2020
Please , i have gotten an admission, what is the chance of study visa, because i have two kids that will be going with me.4 and 6 years old.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jamesobedbaisel: 4:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
NairaLuck:

Interesting.... If your 3k -5k means 3,000 CA$ then maybe you're in the wrong thread.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dare0001: 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2020
Please which school is legit for me to get scholarship in masters in finance at canada

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.